Mummies in Pasir Ris

wenlim, yah yah, i see so many kiddies attending the I Can Read at WS
happy.gif
guess i need to check it out liao, hehehehe. ah girl has no motivation to learn languages & maths de, she likes music and dance lessons during her daily nursery class only. while kor kor can do his assessment books quietly on his own -> if no one coaches him in the day, he will color the pictures or figure out how to do the questions on his own by agar-ration, har har har!! he studious type lah, mei mei likes to play only

Hi Char,

11 Lessons per term on week days is $435, weekends is $496.

The child will need to be assessed so that the teacher will be able to recommend the level based on the child's ability.

happy.gif
i registered for an appt earlier in the afternoon just now. let's see how it goes

hope i dun have to drag ah girl by her hair to WS, hehehehe

wenlim,

is it good and recommended? they hv it at harbourfront I think....hb sure said no need attend....

bao,

u so funny leh.drag C by her hair...my niece also dun like to attend CMA...abascus.....always last to arrive and dun like to do homework at all...kekeke.....

the nuah couple> Yes, I personally feel it's very good and it definitely benefited my boy who is 6 this year.

lianrongbao> Yes, preferably to start when she turns 3.5 years old.

When my boy turns 3.5 years old, after the FOC assessment, he started off with

1) Thinking & Creative Skills program (Duration: 9mths)
2) I Can Read – Preliminary program (Duration: 6mths)
3) I Can Read – Stage 1 program (Since Feb 2010)
4) I Can Read – Advance Level (Current)

The child’s progress is recorded by the teacher at every lesson, when the required skills are attained at the respective level, the child will be evaluated and be promoted to the next level. They progress at their own level of skill.

In summary he has learnt alphabets, phonics, sounds and the art of blending.
Words can be decoded easily and without much effort, basically he sees a/any word, he sounds them, blends them and read it out correctly.

Spelling is really a breeze for both of us since his K1 days.

After he knows how to read, he is now moving towards written expression (grammar, punctuation and expression), comprehension and improving his vocabulary.

I have never regretted sending him to I Can Read.
In fact, I really believe I made a wise choice.

My ex-neighbours are also sending their kids to attend I Can Read @ White Sands……. all the way from Simei! Heh Heh
happy.gif

Well, I must credit and say the teachers here at White Sands are really good and doing an excellent job.
They are concern about your child’s progress as much as you pride it as your utmost importance!

Oh BTW, my boy is just a normal average kid, I have never brought him to a library (terrible mum!) and I have never force/cultivate him to sit down to read a book.

He reads whatever materials provided by the I Can Read program, he will read brochures, pamphlets, invitation cards, instructions on how to play his toys, instructions from pc games, headlines on the newspapers, events on the notice board, road signs etc......basically whatever that will capture his attention/interest, he will read and ask questions.

hi hi ladies... its a slow and sleepy monday!

lianrongbao,
ur offc is right in raffles place? so did u managed to catch free sights of the F1?

Char,
i c.. kindy is not a good option for me as i dont wish to let my boy spend more than half the day with just my helper alone.. would rather that he is at cc with other kiddos.. i'm quite paranoid with my boy if he gets too close to helper.. :p my insecurity.. :p

after the good comments i heard frm my fren on PCF, i am going to visit them this thurs.. on the call, i got a good feeling with both PCF and myfirstskool... hopefully, we can sort this item out soon..

dsii,
i'm moving to whitewater.. right next to west mall.. i used to live in yishun, but since i had my boy.. have been ferrying my kid frm yishun to bedok then off to work at alexandra... its been a pain! :p

wenlim777,
the I Can Read thingy sounds v good... but i think if my boy is going to attend cc, i shall delay any other academics stuff on wkends.. ur boy seems to have really benefitted alot from the classes and that's really good!

btw, any mommies sending ur kids for music classes? my boy loves music!! :p

Hi forest,

I used to stay at Whitewater bt hv sold our unit . Which tower u staying?

My daughter is attending music lesson in school...and yes she enjoys herself

hi thenuahcouple,
oh.. u just sold? u must have earned alot!! kekeke... ;)
i bot tower 3..
happy.gif

ohh.. the sch has enrichment classes inclusive? tats good.. we went for a trial class the other time, and my boy was quite responsive.. but i find tat the class is not v flowy and the teacher quite inexperienced.. so, didnt sign my boy up for it.. :p

forest...
is west plaza....west mall at bt batok leh..hehehe

i stay near whitewater too..wahhaha....the hdb flat opp!!! hahahhaa...but my buddy just moved in last mth....hehehe...i always pop by her plc de...

few mummies here stay at WW tooooo...like yami!! hehehe

dsii,

aiya.. yes yes... i meant west plaza but always say it as west mall!! :p :p pai seh pai seh.. :p

oh.. got other mummies stay at WW too?? im totally new to this area actually.. :p hehehe.. which tower is ur buddy staying in??

dsii,
hahaha.. i see, when i move in, next time u can come visit me too!!
happy.gif

wahh... thenuahcouple, did u sell ur unit to dsii's buddy? so, where r u staying now??

yami,
ahh.. hehe.. i like tt its ready (rest must wait for TOP) and not too old.. when i was looking for a unit, i visited some in tampines and those r much older than WW.. for me.. i'll need to orientate myself to PR area, since i've nv stayed here bef... :p been a bedok kid for all my life, until i got married n stayed in yishun... :p

dsii,
hehehe.... ic ic.. yeah.. when i move in, can pop over...
happy.gif

sigh.. not again lah.. this is after 2 yrs, keke.. she finsihed her contract liao, wanna move on to angmo that pays well adn got off days every week. And now with the new ph regulations, I had trouble bringing in my new maid which i selected previously. Going to be maidless very very soon. But my current agency has got very limited Indo maids (new and transfer) at the moment. I called up a few other agency, all almost smiliar situation. Either wait 6-8 weeks for new (and no biodata at the moment) or no transfer maid at the moment.

oh, indo maid must wait loh... for available transfers, u also dunno what's the real reason she was sent back to the agency
sad.gif
agent wanna get rid of the transfer, sometimes also embelish the story de. hmmm... headache

i'm using A-Star near to Katong Shopping Centre, just FYI. i gave up on indo maids le, got my current filipino one in 2 weeks, chop chop! har har har! was maidless for 1 week in between the wait, not too bad

bao, u chose a ph maid? are u affected by the recent regulations? so did u pay more than 400 and 4 off days? all the while u hv had indo maids right?
the transfer that i had selected was beaten by preious employer (but dunno how true). till now still no news when employer can release her. sigh, will be maidless from tomolo onwards!

yk,
yep my previous was from Indo, very very good. that's why i went back to the same agency. the current Phil one i have now has no off-days and the pay is only SGD340... i'll tell the agent my requirements and needs, then she'll narrow the search for me. both my maids have no off-days as per my terms

hmm...but hor if the transfer maid u selected was allegedly beaten by employer, no police report was made? then the agent bo fight for the maid to be taken back to the agency immediately de?

Hmm.. i tote it is not so legal to get ph maid if we pay lesser than 400usd and no off days, cos i heard there is a contract to be signed between the employer, maid, agency and embassy. But that is if they go thru the proper channel of applying for their POEA. But of cos there are many maid who managed to come out as tourist without those documents. My agent try a few times to fly the girls out and wasted air tickets, as the immgration office stop them. I hv given up waiting liao.

As for the transfer, fr the sound of it i think maybe slap her ba? I guess most prob she is just too slow, the employer got frustrated? This is her 2nd employer liao (first complained she is too slow but subsequently requested to hv her back, but too late as she was transferred out liao). Agent try to tell me she has great atitude (always smiling even when scold her) just that with wrong employers. Keep asking us to be patient with her(I spoke to her on the phone, English sounded reasonable).. we really bo bian, as she is the only transfer maid available from my current agency. But till now still no release date yet. I think if really police case, it is to everyone's disadvantage, so as long as employer willing to treat her better and release her soon, maybe everyone prefer to let it go?

This is my first time taking Indo, and a transfer. Dunno wat to expect, esp none in my family can speak Malay. If by next week still no news of release date, I guess I hv to change agency liao.

u shld hv said earlier..my fren has a recommendation..this ph maid in singapore for 8yrs...and her contract finished last week..she can cook very well..tok care of children etc...can speak simple mandarin n cantonese too...used to work in hongkong lah(information according to my fren)..hehee ..tat time she wanna look for new employer...no need pay agent fee somemore

wah dsii, 8 years exp, what's her current pay
happy.gif
KPO mode... hehehehe. my agent wanted to recommend an Indo maid with 4 years exp, asking for $400... duh....

Yk : I using this chomp pang agency at yishun. I selected based on the DVD recorded interview. I was lucky, my ph helper is good wif kids n can cook extremely well.
Just dreading next yr when her contract ends argh ....

Dsii: next rime got such gd lobangs must share

Gd helpers r hard to come by !

Wow, fr 420 to 350! Aiyo, if i kn sure grab! Ya good helpers are hard to come by.

I was lucky, my pass 4 helpers, 2 were above avg. But it's hard to keep them after their 2 yrs, cos they tend to ask for 400 and above and plus every Sun off (that's wat my current maid w 2yr expereience is asking fr her new employer now).

Thank u ladies, will give the agencies u recommend a call soon.

yk,
oohh..i had no idea that there's new ruling again? my first maid, i got her in myself n she came as tourist... but she played punk n quit on me 3mths after... so, i've given up on PH maids too... :p

my current one is still bad after 1.5yrs.. super forgetful.. every few mths need to re-teach her everything!! but we're sticking with her cos' she can play with my boy and we know she is not going to steal or watever.. sometimes, i am still v angry that i gotta put up with her but no choice...
sad.gif

hopefully u get ur new maid soon!!

yami,
is the maid agency the one facing the chong pang hawker centre? or the one nearer to coffee shop?? i also wonder if i shd change when this current one's contract is up! sigh

forest, mine also super forgetful & sometimes dun really use her senses, very robotic! har har har! can 吐血. 忍 till her contract expires lor... still has 1.5 years to go...

Mummies, brekkie date? Pls join for stomach muscle training
Tuesday 5th oct, 9am
White sands macs

1) mbb
2) juxta

Char, next time we see u will be with ur new baby liao?

Anymore mummies joining us?
Brekkie date
Tuesday 5th oct, 9am
White sands macs

1) mbb
2) juxta
3) dsii

Ya lor, and with the kids sick, I had been cleaning and sanitising the house till I am going crazy! Dettol is the new "air refreshener" in the house! haha.. Maybe I'm just too paranoid or wat??!

Back