Morning sickness

bigroundeyes

dear mtb!
i dun haf morning sickness as some of the preg mum mention. isit normal? sometimes i jus feel nausea w/o vomiting only.

How many weeks along r u? Not everyone has morning sickness but if u do, it's usually a good sign that bb is growing well. If ur last scan is good then i wouldn't worry.. What does ur gynae say?

Mummies who take progesterone hormone will usually have more morning sickness.

thanks vosiez for ur reply.

when doc did a scan, he mention it was either late ovulation whc is 4w or can be 6w which might nt be growing. i had nt encounter morning sickness at all! it can be a worry for me as doc said might nt be growing & im nt having morning sickness like most of the mothers do.

My 3 boys i dont have ms n i even dont feel them moving. i depend on monthly scan to ensure my bb ok. dont worry. if no growth it will mc by itself, i had also when through tat process b4 my no. 3rd bb. 4th one now no vomitting but headaches so gynae say good cause my blood pressure normal range meaning bb is fine.

Hi.. I din haf MS too throughout my pregnancy.. I was as worried.. I keep thinking tt i mite lose my bb.. Onli whn i go for my mthly chckup, seeing baby's progress, den i stop worrying.. But i tink having MS tts individual.. I still gave birth to a healthy bb gal in Apr '11..
happy.gif

Bigroundeyes, hope u n bb are fine. I guess u r scheduled for another scan in 1-2 weeks time right? It's natural to worry but most important thing u can do is take care of urself, think positive n try not to get stressed! All the best to u!
happy.gif

I think your symptoms will probably surface more and more in a couple week time...8-10 weeks seem to be the peak of the symptoms...so meanwhile, let your body slowly adjust to the changes due to the pregnancy.

i feel nauseous.. there's always a bitterness in my mouth, but I dont vomit. Is it still considered at ms? Im in my 8wk...

i dont like the bitterness in my mouth. it's worse after dinner.. makes me moody & yucky..
sad.gif

im more of worried than excited to go gynae & review on the growth of my bb this sat. i do feel sick, nausea. appetite changes. no more fried food & tibits for me anymore. i hope this mean bb is growing well.

i really hope for the best.

According to TCM, if you feel bitterness in your mouth, it means one of your organs is not in its optimal scondition. I can't recall bitterness is related to which organ, but you can do chinese google to find out.

Im not sure whther is it true. Read some apps frm iphone it says tt having MS e baby will be healthier.. But i oso dun haf MS but my baby is doing good so far.. Dun worry.. It's jus hormonal change in body. Since u noe wat kind of smell u cant take it den avoid it n try not to tink so much..
happy.gif
stay happy n carefree throughout ur pregnancy is very impt..

No MS means your body is healthy, not lacking in any vitamins or minerals ... My gf was so healthy, she practised qigong, did slow rope skipping, ate pineapples during the first trimester and nothing happened to her or bb. She has no MS, no vomitting, no lethargy, only craving for chicken rice!! Most important thing is you feel good about your pregnancy, look forward to bb coming to this world to join you, and enjoy having bb in your womb!! Better to focus on nice things coz bb can feel what you are thinking and feeling too ...
happy.gif

Yup ... staying happy & carefree throughout pregnancy is very important ... also after pregnancy esp if breastfeeding. Many mommies are so tired that they sometimes forget about being happy & carefree after child birth. Be happy!
happy.gif

T_T: you have a good sense of humour ... your BB will be happy and healthy coz its mommy provides a happy womb and free-flow of nutrients !
happy.gif
:p

Haha my bb alr came out on 1st April.. She oso haf great sense of humour.. I told her on 31 march night not to give me april fool surprise n she really did.. Waterbag burst at 430am on 1st April.. Haha

T_T:
happy.gif
What a GAL !

Congratulations ! *belated*

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to more humour from BB!!
happy.gif
Take care

Hi AL,

Suggest that you do a baidu search on the property of 糯米酒 to understand more of the benefits of consuming it during confinement,
coz everyone has a different 体质 (body constitution), right?

As we have different 体质 , the needs of confinement theoretically also differ betw mummies.

As for how many bottles you should buy, it all depends on 个人体质.

Just like the zookeeper will use a bigger tranquiliser dart on the elephant but a smaller one on the monkey ... something like that ... Hahah!

From what I have read is that if one drinks tonic / rice wine, one should allow sufficient time lapse between consumption and breastfeeding BB, to avoid passing over the alcohol in your bloodstream and breast milk to BB.

This could possibly hurt your BB's delicate digestive system.

If one intends to breastfeed, it's best not to drink tonic / rice wine neat to avoid passing over alcohol to BB.

But if tonic / rice wine is boiled first in soup or used in cooking, the alcohol would have evaporated,
so what you get is just the benefit without alcohol.

Even then, mummy needs to 补,BB only needs milk.
happy.gif

Better to leave a time lapse still.

I happened to come across the following link, diff mummies have diff opinion on drinking rice wine. There are many other links on your topic at baidu.

http://www.babytree.com/ask/detail/947058

Take care
happy.gif

Hi all,

First timer here, and first time mom.. Im having bad MS almost every day. Vomit at work every morning, and Im teaching. Tat affects the mood and teaching altogether. I visited my family doc and she gave me metoclopramide. I tried not to be dependent on this so Im doin everything I can to curb the nauseaness. I ate plain biscuits/crackers, drank hot drinks, plenty of plain water esp after puking. And I also lose my appetite after eating few spoonfuls.

Any idea how long the MS will last?

Hi Hafizzah... Hi-five!! I'm gg to be a first time mom too hopefully due in Feb 2012... Hmmmm I do have morning sickness too.. but not all the time.. it only comes whenever I eat western food... I crave for a lot of authentic malay dishes though.. Hehe baby does not vomit those out strangely.. LOL.. Anyways, try drinking ginger tea... it helps.. Oh and watermelon juice works wonders too! =D

Hi Mummies to be

I'm from the April mummies 2011 thread, given birth to boy-girl twins (their 3mths+ now!!)

Want to start selling my maternity clothings since ulikely I will be giving birth again.

PM me if you are interested in getting almost brand new maternity clothes (bought mostly from Spring) Sizes are L/ XL, blouse, t-shirts, bottoms, 1pc swimming costume.

Ps: Ive also some bb items to sell i.e. BN Bottles, Medela breastmilk bags, breast pads etc

So envy that some of you got no morning sickness... As for me, i have the nausea feeling WHOLE DAY, EVERYDAY. It will only slightly reduce when i have eaten some food. Taking bus is nightmare to me... Everytime will try to hold it till i get down the bus (otherwise i have to pay more since i have alighted before my stop). So not having morning sickness is considered a blessing to me... Hopefully it got over SOON!!!

Dear MumToBe's,

I missed my period for almost 10days..i test with Clearblue & it's POSITIVE but i do not feel any symptom ..should i test again or see gynae..
ps/ i m travelling in 1 weeks' time..so i m in kind of dilema..

what should i do ? my boss asking me to travel for 3 weeks..should i see a GP to confirm my pregnancy since my gynae appointment is soo long

tweetie76 - u can always tell ur boss that u dont wish to travel if u feel it will endanger ur pregnancy

since its tested positive , most likey ur pregnant already , maybe u can all up gynae to ask for a early appointment as u could tell them that u need to travel and wanna check if its safe or not

YSL, I also hv MS and I'm into my 14 week alrdy... Recently my frd ask me to try take ginger tea. U can go for those sachets of ginger tea add abit of honey. Tried that before I went to sleep n feel so much better....I wonder drinking red dates helps or not..,

i have super ms. my gynae recommend me take vitamin B6 (25 mg 3x a day). i got a lot better with the vitamin (can eat more). u can try taking it. it's at least better than taking medi.

VSL: im in my wk7 and also experiencing the same same nausea feeling plus migraine headache. and its worst on bus / mrt.. no morning sickness is really a blessing! hopefully the morning sickness will go off after wk13 or so.

I didnt have morning sickness but I had weeks of no appetite or feeling sick when I smell fish/pork/chicken/beef. Then there were times I wanted meats and no veg. Heartburn at night sometimes and it's really awful
sad.gif

I had morning sickness too, its so unbearable. I use to like pefume now i don't like. I had no appetite and feeling sick when i smell everythings. I'm now 10 weeks and hope it will go away soon. Cant't take it any more
sad.gif

My morning sickness symptoms only start to get better @ week 16. I am week 17+ now and I will still feel nausea and have the feeling of vomiting on certain evenings but is already much better than 1st trimester.

Back