Bad morning sickness and feeling sick all the time

fas4

Hi everyone. I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant. Went for u/s and saw baby's heartbeat. Doc said crl and hb rate is normal and he scheduled me to see in another 4 weeks. Not sure if this is the norm? I tot for first trimester, we will see gynae every two weeks?

Oh another thing, my morning sickness is really bad and I can't eat all my fav things. I used to love veggies but I can't eat veggies now without feeling nauseated. I was given anti nausea meds but that didn't work too. For those of you who went thru Ms, how long did it last for u?

Hello. I had appointments every 4 weeks also until week 32, the frequency depends on gynae's usual practice. Usually low-risk pregnancies may have longer gap between appointments. I had morning sickness until week 16-17, but got better after Week 13. You can find some food type that suits you (plain crackers, cereal, popcorn) and try different liquids (juices, coconut water, lemon water etc). Don't stress too much about eating specific amounts or food items, it is okay to not gain weight in the first trimester for those with bad morning sickness. Just eat small amounts of whatever you can keep down regularly and hydrate yourself as much as you can.

Hello. I had appointments every 4 weeks also until week 32, the frequency depends on gynae's usual practice. Usually low-risk pregnancies may have longer gap between appointments. I had morning sickness until week 16-17, but got better after Week 13. You can find some food type that suits you (plain crackers, cereal, popcorn) and try different liquids (juices, coconut water, lemon water etc). Don't stress too much about eating specific amounts or food items, it is okay to not gain weight in the first trimester for those with bad morning sickness. Just eat small amounts of whatever you can keep down regularly and hydrate yourself as much as you can.
Hihi thanks so much for your reply. I'm a first time mama so I'm worried Abt everything haha. I read 7 weeks is the time for rapid growth and I shud eat all the healthy food but somehow I can't keep down healthy food. I tried to eat spinach and I vomitted :( so scared if baby didn't receive the right nutrition.

Hihi thanks so much for your reply. I'm a first time mama so I'm worried Abt everything haha. I read 7 weeks is the time for rapid growth and I shud eat all the healthy food but somehow I can't keep down healthy food. I tried to eat spinach and I vomitted :( so scared if baby didn't receive the right nutrition.
Don't worry, just taking your folic acid at this stage is enough. Eat healthy food if and when you can, but better to just eat whatever you can keep down. After the morning sickness gets better, you will regain appetite and can plan your meals :)

Back