Married with no kids

Anyone here the same ? Not that we want. Just we seem not to be destined to have kids ?

I know of someone who was married for at least 5 years, gone for IVF because seeing many friends around starting to form family so get inspired much, then the pregnancy symptoms of 1st trimester is too much to bear, eg. bad gastro problem, nausea, etc and in the end, miscarriage.

So this person I know, decided not to try again for fear of going through that again. Todate still no kid.

For me, worse, 'no chance' to even miscarriage. (Not that I 'enjoy' a miscarriage just I really don't even have the chance of having implantation).

My sibling had an MC before but manage to conceive again and now her baby girl, my niece is a cute young toddler.

Today, I suddenly feel a surge of depression. Thinking, I may not have a chance to buy a pram, shop for baby products, cute little clothes, etc ..

Sigh ....

Anyone here the same ? Not that we want. Just we seem not to be destined to have kids ?

I know of someone who was married for at least 5 years, gone for IVF because seeing many friends around starting to form family so get inspired much, then the pregnancy symptoms of 1st trimester is too much to bear, eg. bad gastro problem, nausea, etc and in the end, miscarriage.

So this person I know, decided not to try again for fear of going through that again. Todate still no kid.

For me, worse, 'no chance' to even miscarriage. (Not that I 'enjoy' a miscarriage just I really don't even have the chance of having implantation).

My sibling had an MC before but manage to conceive again and now her baby girl, my niece is a cute young toddler.

Today, I suddenly feel a surge of depression. Thinking, I may not have a chance to buy a pram, shop for baby products, cute little clothes, etc ..

Sigh ....
Same here. Sometimes do get that depression feeling, though I blame it on PMS =x Cheer up! You are not alone. Jiayou

I hv seen 2 sides of the coin as i had 2 losses (1 ectopic and 1 miscarriage (mc)) in my trying to concieve journey of 5 years. The losses were conceived naturally but i went thru 1 so-iui and 2 ivfs earlier.

Chronologically, i got 1 ectopic (conceived naturally). Then i tried soiui but failed. 2 years later i mc (concieved naturally). Then i tried ivf twice, both failed. 2nd cycle failed terribly. In fact, i didnt even have any egg good enuf to transfer.

The last straw was this 2nd ivf where i didnt even reach the egg transfer stage. I told myself that i will take a good break and just give ivf 1 last shot(to use up govt funding), if cannot, i will just call it a day cause there is only that much sadness we can take.

So, for the 1st time in many years, "having a baby" is no longer in my list of new year resolution (i review every year). I prayed to god that if it is destined for me not to have any kids, i need god to give me the strength to accept it.

Alas, shortly after my 2nd ivf, i conceived naturally and this time rd, i managed to deliver a healthy boy. Bcos i have seen this thru, thru out my pregnancy this time rd, i told myself that anything can happen so just dont pin my hope high. If it is meant to be, the bb will come. If it is not, im nothing less. I hv to love myself.

So, yes. It is when i fully accept that i may not have kid that a kid came to me. So, do love yourself and enjoy your moments with your hub (it is not the same when u hv kids). You are nothing less bcos u do not have a kid.

Last edited:
When u have kids, this people will ask you when going to have the next one. So nothing will satisfy them, just live life to the fullest. Most importantly you and your partner are opened to talk about it that it will be just the 2 of you till death do us part. If no children is an issue, separation is the best option rather than taking up all this stress to yourself to have children.

Back