March 2019 Mummies

Shall we share some common information here so that we know everyone's progress. It will be fun especially when our EDD so close. Let me start..

#2. EDD 9 March (#1 is boy, 2yo)

Hi i wanna ask, is OSCAR test a necessity to be done? It was an option given to the clinic to check for DS..anyone with any inputs on this?

Hi All,

I checked to a gynae 10 days ago to confirm my pregnancy and during ultrasound, heartbeat was detected. This is my first pregnancy. But since 2days ago, I lost all symptoms of pregnancy. I didn’t get MS but I did have sore breasts, tiredness and bloatedness but all gone for the past 2 days. No bleeding though. Should I checked again to the gynae or am I being paranoid?

Please advise! Thanks a lot.

My mum is 53 years old, Malaysian, 20 years experiences in taking care of babies and children, can cook delicious confinement foods.
She can speak english, mandarin, malay, cantonese, hokkien and hakka.
She is easy going, flexible, not naggy and soft-spoken.
You can sms/whatsapp me @ 96908622 to know more information and check on her availability.
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-134121 - Copy.png
    Screenshot_20180624-134121 - Copy.png
    978.5 KB · Views: 364
  • Screenshot_20180624-134129 - Copy.png
    Screenshot_20180624-134129 - Copy.png
    921 KB · Views: 333
  • Screenshot_20180624-134138 - Copy.png
    Screenshot_20180624-134138 - Copy.png
    985.7 KB · Views: 354
Hi i wanna ask, is OSCAR test a necessity to be done? It was an option given to the clinic to check for DS..anyone with any inputs on this?
It's ultimately your choice. You can opt to reject all tests if you do not wish to know anything in advance and will accept whatever that comes to you. No one can force you.

Hi All,

I checked to a gynae 10 days ago to confirm my pregnancy and during ultrasound, heartbeat was detected. This is my first pregnancy. But since 2days ago, I lost all symptoms of pregnancy. I didn’t get MS but I did have sore breasts, tiredness and bloatedness but all gone for the past 2 days. No bleeding though. Should I checked again to the gynae or am I being paranoid?

Please advise! Thanks a lot.
Good to check for peace of mind. I would. Better paranoid than regret if there might be something you could have done earlier to help the situation..
But note that not everyone has pregnancy symptoms..

My gynae told me I can start taking now but if I feel nausea then take after first trimester.
Hi All,

Doctor prescribe me New Obimin but he did not tell me when to start and I forgot to ask as well. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant.
Anyone know when should I start to take?
Thanks~

Hi All,

Doctor prescribe me New Obimin but he did not tell me when to start and I forgot to ask as well. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant.
Anyone know when should I start to take?
Thanks~

Gynae said take it after 12 weeks, maybe you can give the clinic a call and confirm again.

Hello!
Took 2x home kit test and got positive 2 wks back.
So went to see polyclinic to check, as it was my 1st time and I was clueless abt what to do. :D
Did the urine test with the Dr. and he confirmed I'm pregnant!!! (Abt 7w along then, now shud be abt 9w?)

Going for my 1st OBN checkup tomorrow!!
Am so excited!! Any experienced mommies who went subsidized consultation before?

Hihi, how's everyone doing now? Do you all have specific craving? :)

Helloooo! I am new here :) with regards to cravings, I do not have any at the moment. There are only food that is being kicked out from the tummy. lol. And yes, the things that I used to like, are definitely not my favorites anymore. :(

Is anyone going to do the oscar scan soon? I just realize the wait between the 1st scan at week 9 and week 12 is too long. Why gynae doesn't scan often?

Helloooo! I am new here :) with regards to cravings, I do not have any at the moment. There are only food that is being kicked out from the tummy. lol. And yes, the things that I used to like, are definitely not my favorites anymore. :(
Haha I feel you and hopefully it'll be over soon!

Hi all =) I recently tested positive, EDD 26 Mar =). This is my 2nd baby. Would love to join the chat for support along the way.

Hi Mummies, i’m a 1st time mom. Have been tcc-ing for 3 years and conceived baby with Letrazole. I’ve been battling “evening sickness” for past 3 weeks. Nauseous whole day but merlion only in the evening, usually after dinner. Now at 12 weeks, feeling a bit better. My Edd: 7 Mar ❤️

Hi all,
Hope to join this chat. 1st Pregnancy-Currently, 11 weeks and got MS- no appetite, heartburn. Feel miserable. :(

Ask u guys, r u all working? How to cope going to work and al e preggy symptoms?

Hi Mummies, i’m a 1st time mom. Have been tcc-ing for 3 years and conceived baby with Letrazole. I’ve been battling “evening sickness” for past 3 weeks. Nauseous whole day but merlion only in the evening, usually after dinner. Now at 12 weeks, feeling a bit better. My Edd: 7 Mar ❤️

I feel u. How do you handle? U did your 12 weeks scan?

Hello I am bout 8 weeks 4 days pregnant .. Could add me in if there’s any what’s apps group? My name ah pang , 94877829:) thanks

Hi all, my EDD is 26 Mar. the nausea and dizziness are so torturing that I wonder how the working mums cope.
Hope to know you all here and we can support each other. :)

Hi all, my EDD is 26 Mar. the nausea and dizziness are so torturing that I wonder how the working mums cope.

Hi MJ,
I agree.... V tiring... How many weeks r u? R u working? Hope to find a chat gp to talk.

Hi Mummy,
I understand how you feel. All my 4 pregnancy I will go through the same thing. My morning sickness is like 24 hours. I am dehydrate and couldn't take in even plain water. So I went to A&E and doctors put me on drip and I was hospitalise a few days. When I am on hospitalization leave I try to rest as much as possible before I report to work. I know it's tough. But I always tell myself when at the end of the day, when you hold your baby it's worth to go through the morning sickness. Hold it Mummy usually after 3 months you will be fine. Eat small frequent meal always to keep the energy going.

Hi all mummies, ask u, is it during pregnancy, ur tummy area skin becomes like darker n rougher. My skin used to b v smooth n fair. Is it time to apply stretch mark cream or oil? Tks lots.

Exactly how I feel. It’s so torturous 24/7 I took mc last week and am wondering how I am going to survive at work this coming week. Am 10 weeks too

Hi everyone! First pregnancy here, had my first OB visit at week 7. Just wanted to share my OB cost and get some feedbacks from you all, as I wasn't 100% convinced with how I was charged...

I called the clinic before my visit to get an idea of how much I'll be paying, nurse says $150 first time consultation + $100 ultrasound scan would be the general procedure (didn't mention anything about blood test)

On the day of my visit, both my husband and I were asked to take blood test due to "good result" of my scan, in the end, we were charged $130 for blood test (hub $40, me $90) plus a blood taking fee $70, that's a total $200 more than what I expected to pay

I was left feeling a bit confused and upset that the nurse didn't tell me upfront when I called, but this is my first pregnancy, don't really know what to expect anyway.... Can anyone share your experience and maybe your OB visit cost? Thanks! :)

Exactly how I feel. It’s so torturous 24/7 I took mc last week and am wondering how I am going to survive at work this coming week. Am 10 weeks too
For nausea you can ask gynae for Florxine. It’s actually vitamin B6. For more serious nausea I believe doc gives Obimin and another drug (can’t rem what the name is)

Hi. I'm helping my mum, Ivy, to let you soon-to-be parents or parents know that she's available as a stay-in confinement lady (or nanny as well).

She's Chinese, age 57, Malaysian, speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Malay, and some basic English. She can fulfil all the usual expectations of a confinement lady - cooking confinement food, taking care of the baby around the clock (especially the night shifts), helping with breast-feeding and pampers changing, giving advice about taking care of the baby, minor household chores - and generally just making the newly parents feel as comfortable as possible as they adjust to the new lifestyle (with a new kid or the changing dynamics of having an additional kid).

My mum is highly experienced and well-liked by her clients. She recently came off a 4-year nannying stint with a family who took her on as a nanny after engaging her as a confinement nanny for their first child. They had twins after that, and my mom looked after them as well. Prior to this, she was working as a confinement nanny for several years.

My mum is also extremely responsible, friendly and caring. She cooks well (she is one of the star chefs of my big family when it comes to CNY). She tends to clean a lot as she doesn’t like mess. She's agreeable and accommodating; she won’t be fierce at parents when it comes to giving advice (she will just share her two cents worth based on her experience). As the eldest of her 9 siblings who grew up in a single-mother household, her motherly instincts and practical household knowledge are top-notch. She’s very hygienic and works a lot towards making the house a clean and neat environment. Anyway, she has raised me and my siblings well and I couldn't have asked for a better mum.

If you would like to set up an interview in Singapore, please whatsapp her at 9167-8571 (her name is Ivy). Thanks for your kind attention to this note.

How's everyone pregnancy going on? Ending my first trimester n I feel more energy n can eat slight better. Do u guys buy fetal doppler?

How's everyone pregnancy going on? Ending my first trimester n I feel more energy n can eat slight better. Do u guys buy fetal doppler?

In week 10 now, but doesn't seem to be improving much. I've bloated stomach since day 1, heightened sense of smell (which was already very sensitive), and still feel v tired even though I sleep 8h almost everyday (weekend I sleep 10h and even nap 2h in the afternoon!).

Appetite is improving, but morning sickness remains the same, though not very serious to begin with.

I thought fetal doppler emits high frequency which isn't very safe to be used by non-medical ppl?

Hi everyone! First pregnancy here, had my first OB visit at week 7. Just wanted to share my OB cost and get some feedbacks from you all, as I wasn't 100% convinced with how I was charged...

I called the clinic before my visit to get an idea of how much I'll be paying, nurse says $150 first time consultation + $100 ultrasound scan would be the general procedure (didn't mention anything about blood test)

On the day of my visit, both my husband and I were asked to take blood test due to "good result" of my scan, in the end, we were charged $130 for blood test (hub $40, me $90) plus a blood taking fee $70, that's a total $200 more than what I expected to pay

I was left feeling a bit confused and upset that the nurse didn't tell me upfront when I called, but this is my first pregnancy, don't really know what to expect anyway.... Can anyone share your experience and maybe your OB visit cost? Thanks! :)
/QUOTE]

Hi Sweetpea19,
This is my 2nd baby so my "first" consultation with my private gynae is slightly cheaper.

On my first visit(for my 2nd baby)(at week 8 of pregnancy) to my private gynae is as follows:
Consultation $80
Ultrasound scan $80
Antenatal Profile (blood test) $80

I have hypertension before being pregnant so my gynae asked me to do 2 extra blood tests to check my liver and kidney function.
Liver test $80
Kidney $60

On my 2nd visit (at week 10)
Consultation $80
Ultrasound scan $80

All these costs does not include the 7% GST I have to pay on top of everything.

Today, I went for my 1st subsidised gynae appt at KKH. Total cost for 1st gynae consult and ultrasound scan is $87. No need to pay GST.

For my first baby, I didnt keep track of the costs of all my gynae visits but i would estimate the whole pregnancy to cost about $2k-$3K. And this is not counting the delivery costs at the hospital.

There is still quite a few more tests and scanning to do throughout the whole pregnancy and some of the tests costs hundreds or more than $1K. If you are upset about spending an unexpected extra $130, I would suggest switching to a subsidised patient rate asap. The cost difference is really a lot btw private and subsidised.

Take for example the down syndrome screening tests, I would have to pay $1.3K at my private gynae for the paranoma blood test. But at KKH as a subsidised patient, im only paying $548 for both the OSCAR and Harmony test.

In week 10 now, but doesn't seem to be improving much. I've bloated stomach since day 1, heightened sense of smell (which was already very sensitive), and still feel v tired even though I sleep 8h almost everyday (weekend I sleep 10h and even nap 2h in the afternoon!).

Appetite is improving, but morning sickness remains the same, though not very serious to begin with.

I thought fetal doppler emits high frequency which isn't very safe to be used by non-medical ppl?

I agree with e tiredness. Hope fatigue can go off soon. Tat great u no major MS.

Back