Maid Issued Support Group

gracelove

Hi ,

Am starting this chat to see any have any problem with maid and agency problem.

I realized that we don't have any support from Govt or MOM related to maid or maid agency.

When we have problem, we don't know turn to who to seek for advice how to handle the maid or even the maid agency when we're facing problem.

We as employer to hired a maid, all the downside is on our end.

Hope this group can share when we facing real problem with maid or agency.

i intended to send my current maid back to philippine which with me just 2 months.

The reason i'm sending her back because her work attitude really CMI.

But some how, i was told that i cannot do so.

So i really need advice who have this kind of experience.

Likewise i mention from 1st chat. we do not have any support from govt how to handle when come this is kind of issue.

Go check MOM's website, and your contract.

I believe the contract, which should be standard, stipulates that you are to give her some time (between 14 to 21 days) to seek alternative employment. Thereafter, you are at liberty to cancel her work permit and repatriate her to Philippines.

Hi littlemokies,

I have not intention to let her transfer. would like to send her back directly instead.

I read through the contract btw FDW and me. Stated need to give 3months notices?

What a joke.

i have check MOM website, we're able to send them back.

So i'm not sure what are the fine prints or loophole that agency didnt' tell me

I think agency wanna make sure dat maids' interests r protected too.

U may wanna share wif your agency on y u want her 2 b sent back instead of just transferring her.

Do note dat some of d maids have 2 take up loans 2 come here 2 wk. Hence, sending her back wld means she may not have d ability 2 repay d loan.

I too have a FDW. However, I had 2 send 2 back when I first started contracting 4 1.

1st one was cos she was more concerned about her appearance den learning 2 cook. Every time we teach her how things r done in d kitchen, she wld go toilet 2 check herself out. Or worried d oil will burn her hands. D only thing gd about her is dat she can clean d floors n toilets v well. So when I sent her back 2 agency, I told d agency dat she can only goes 2 household dat requires cleaning but not cooking.

2nd one was worst.... She knows her role is 2 cook n clean. She wasnt d main caregiver 2 my LO. But she is absentminded n only start wking when u gave instructions. Even at dat, she doesnt really listen 2 me. Brought her back 2 agency 4 counseling n agent told me she was unhappy cos we didnt let her carry our LO. o_Oo_O So I told d agent if she understood wat is our expectations of her n hers of us? He replied yes.... He told me he wld get me a better one.

I sent my maid back about a month ago due to an unfortunate turn of events and received MOM's letter stating that our security bond has been successfully discharged. Happy to share our experiences via PM with those who need help.

I think agency wanna make sure dat maids' interests r protected too.

U may wanna share wif your agency on y u want her 2 b sent back instead of just transferring her.

Do note dat some of d maids have 2 take up loans 2 come here 2 wk. Hence, sending her back wld means she may not have d ability 2 repay d loan.

I too have a FDW. However, I had 2 send 2 back when I first started contracting 4 1.

1st one was cos she was more concerned about her appearance den learning 2 cook. Every time we teach her how things r done in d kitchen, she wld go toilet 2 check herself out. Or worried d oil will burn her hands. D only thing gd about her is dat she can clean d floors n toilets v well. So when I sent her back 2 agency, I told d agency dat she can only goes 2 household dat requires cleaning but not cooking.

2nd one was worst.... She knows her role is 2 cook n clean. She wasnt d main caregiver 2 my LO. But she is absentminded n only start wking when u gave instructions. Even at dat, she doesnt really listen 2 me. Brought her back 2 agency 4 counseling n agent told me she was unhappy cos we didnt let her carry our LO. o_Oo_O So I told d agent if she understood wat is our expectations of her n hers of us? He replied yes.... He told me he wld get me a better one.

Yes... thanks for bringing up the point about the loan. In total agreement with you.

When maids piss us off, it's the same as we pissing our bosses off. No matter what, I would not want my boss to be able to screw me over the way I can screw my maid over. 将心比心。 留条后路给人家吧。 Unless she has harmed the family or committed an offence, I'm hard-pressed to think of any situations where it would be justifiable to screw her over so badly by having her incur 5 months worth of outstanding debt to the agency without prospects of alternative employment in Singapore.

By the way, failure to give notice would require you to pay salary in lieu of the notice. No matter how ridiculous the 3 months notice appear to be at this juncture, you signed it and hence, you are contractually bound.

mom does not recognise the contract u have between u n maid. They only look at the laws n rules stated in MOM guidelines. For the 1mth in lieu notice. Ur maid can at her own capacity file a case against u by huring her own lawyer. Mom is not going to be involve

Hi Vac,

What do you mean by one months notice?

I check mom website, there no stated employer need to give one month notice

Back