Just want to vent it out

feliive612

I am in the midst of my first pregnancy not long right after our wedding ... while handling tremendous changes in our life ... I faced more problems when I need to be on bedrest coz of high risk of premature delivery & worse my MIL who stays with us.. I have to admit that she is not those very ma fan old ladies who will very irritatingly do a tug of war with the DIL over the son but she is way too thrifty as I will put in nice words over here. Its gd & I appreciate that but way over and esp when im going thru a tough pregnancy sure doesnt make me feel any better. I am already in my 27th week but its only recent that I feel the joy of a new member into my family soon coz unlike other families who are so happily sourcing & getting ready for the newborn.. I couldnt coz everything (to her) seems a waste when I can get 2nd hand from someone out there... so its no happy chat or discussions over the arrival of the baby...unless things are bought secretly till discovered...com'on i dun understand why do i need to be secretive even in my own place...

when i need the support most from someone.. i realise i couldnt speak up to anyone i know in person coz like my mum will just pack me up & move to her place if she knows of it...even my closest hubby ...will be put in a hard position bet MIL and me... the last time i errupted when he keeps running errands for my MIL & just leaving me alone at home... i immediately regretted after that knowing its a tough decision for him.. to choose bet me & his mum? im afraid to ask. i just wish everything can get better after delivery for I will be free to go around even with my kid & maybe without my hubby...

hi endless,

can look at it at another angle, baby clothes which bb usually over grow like in a few mths can get those second hand or ask around for hand me downs. (my MIL also very thrify kind) as for mi i also another 1 who like new stuffs.

After i gave birth, i really appericated those hand me downs from my SILs, it really helps save alot alot of $$ and i can utilise the $$ to pamper myself like getting a massage lady after deliver (i had a 20days package) and does online shopping for some new toys for kido too.

can tell her nicely that you don't mind second hand items but some are due to hygiene purposes so it's better to get frist hand. drop me a PM if u still need a grumbling partner.^^.. enjoy yr preg and have fun...have more good thoughts and less bad thoughts , it will affect bb mood..

Back