JTS: DIY hairclips

hi purpleangel, have sent you an email to transfer the money for the ribbon u wanted, but bo reply from you. Pls let me know if you are still interested if not then i will get lim to post all items to me liao. Thanks

hi LIM, yeah yeah... i tot you had forgotten or no more spare! hahahahah...

please send me a list of what you can spare me? via email?
happy.gif
then we work from there...
happy.gif

akitac AT singapore DOT com.

Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi Everyone,

Can share with me how to make headbands? Me thinking to DIY a crochet headband with a hair flower. Do i just use a glue gun to stick it on? Or is there other procedures? Can share?

Hi samantha, I use glue gun to stick the flowers onto the headband.
Hi christine, if you add in the shipping, its not really worth to get the glue gun from amazon. Saw someone posted glue gun sell at bt merah or toa payoh pretty cheaply? You might want to check out the archive threads above?

milo, paiseh, will transfer the money to you later.

Dearie_e, Goldilocks, i have no email from you ladies on how much to pay you. d u receive my email?? if not, Lim won't b able to send me the ribbons.

hi samantha,
me jus sew the flower onto the headband/crocet

hi christine,
u can get it at people park (beside OG)
at level1 near the MRT exit, there is a beads shop. i saw it sell at SGD6. the glue stick is $1 or 2 for 12pieces.

Hi catika
ok will update my blog shortly then i let u know

Here are some of the clips/bow i have done + i wrote something on how to make a boutique bow
http://sosuistuff.blogspot.com/

lim, nice blog, i like yr mini bow on e stars ribbon. very nice. can start a bp to customise hairclips now
happy.gif

if anyone interested in the white elastic headband above, i've extras to let go at $2.80/m. can PM me.

Hi lim

Sorry nearly forgotten to transfer the ladybug ribbon balance to u. Will do it later, if i hv time coz now got to pat my children to sleep.

Saw yr blog, yr clips are so nice.

Got burnt by the hot melting glue last night while making these bows with buttons...blister on the hand now. Really must be careful with the glue gun.

I found out one thing, can line and glue two diiferent prints of ribbons together and then glue onto the alligator clip, although the width will exceed the clip, but it's a whole new look. 3rd clip from the top right was made using a silver and a pinkblue ribbon merged.
2124092.jpg

erica,
yeah got to be very careful with the melting glue. I've been burnt before so i depress a little so the glue will flow out

erica,
yeah sometimes if no choice have to let i go to waste lor. You see the glue inside will keep melting sometimes then if too slow some will flow down when you put on the stand mah. Bo bian mah. But you buy a pack is very cheap ah.

<font color="aa00aa">halo there,
i hv a question, hw do u mummies manage to draw the picture on the felt cloth? i tried using ink pen but will smudge... pls help... many thanks!</font>

erica, agreed that glue gun will burn hands, i got it a few times too.

btw, any1 knows where to buy the pacifer clips for diy and how much it cost?

anyone knows which website we can go to learn how to make the different types of bows? Pls help...trying to learn how to make my own hairclips for my girl

Hi Mummies,
do anyone of you know where to get cheap 100% Cotton fabric?

Cause i intend to try another DIY on Moby Wrap. Is a carrier for NB to toddler without stressing your shoulder.

Someone organize BP on the wrap at abt $60 per PLAIN piece. So DIY will save us alot.

2134680.jpg
2134681.jpg
2134682.jpg
2134683.jpg

2134684.jpg
2134685.jpg
2134686.jpg
2134687.jpg

hihi,
happened to see this thread... so happy.. cos finally found a group mummies DIY-ing stuff for their princess!!

i had recently place some orders with milkmilk, dingdong &amp; myfairlady... but didn't a thread for this had been create here!!

hope to be able to share my DIY stuff when the things are here... hope to get some advise too!

oh yes, i juz went Daiso &amp; got the buttons set... got 4 diff sizes!! hope to do some buttons over the weekends! :D

wah christine... 'BIG' project... do update us if you are successful...

juz wondering... won't this 'wrap' be hotter than the normal sling with ring on shoulder kind? ... this one looks like a sari wrap around our body leh... hahahahaha...

hii hii,
really nid to noe hw u mummies cut the shape u wan on felt cloth?? any1???

kam sia beri the much in advance!

Hi Mummy123,
you mean those sarong which we use to wear?
How long is the cloth?

Badtz Maru,
Maybe you would like to purchase the shape cutter at Spotlight.
I think is 5 different design cost $5.95.

I be going over this weekend, will help you keep a lookout

Hi Christine,
Yes, it's those for wearing. My mom bought the sarong for me to wear during my confinement. I'm not sure how long it is. Think it was already pre-cut when my mom bought it, she then sewed both ends together and it's ready as a sarong.

Mummy123,
i already bought a cloth of 15ft by 2ft wide cloth at $10 at Clementi. Able to do 2 Moby Wrap. Once done will post the pics.

Badtz Maru,
no problem. will update you on the weekend.

Hi Catika,
hehe. need to wait to see leh, coz i need my mum to help me use sewing machine to seal the side nicely.

Any mummies know where to get cheap Embroidery Sewing Machine?

christine, i can't wait to c your creation too. my baby still young, so if its not too tough, i'll luv to make a carrier :p
oh, do let me know if u found out where to get a cheap embroidery sewing machine, been looking for 1 for quite some time,but all very x.
happy.gif

Milkmilk,
actually is not tough at all. Just sew the side of the cloth can liao.

I found a website selling the Disney sewing machine at US$299.
But no stock currently.
Now waiting for the VPOST to reply me on est. shipping cost.
So far, this website sell the cheapest.
Singapore selling at $3k plus.

Here's the webby : http://www.icanhelpsew.com/

christine, i chanced upon that website b4, but never cross my mind to ship it to SG. let me know e price after u enquire ya. TIA
happy.gif

looks like this site has expanded beyond jus hairclips. its DIY for kids now
happy.gif

Hi all, bought some hair accessories in bulk frm oversea. any mommies interested here.
<font size="+2"> <font color="0000ff"> Headbands comes in dark pink heart, light pink heart and light pink flower, 3 designs, $3 each.</font></font>only abt 6 pcs to let go.
2158015.jpg
2158016.jpg
2158017.jpg
2158018.jpg

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000"> Hello kitty aligator hair clip $1.50 each comes in dark pink n light pink... have onli abt 3 pairs each colour to let go.</font></font>
2158019.jpg
2158020.jpg

Interested mommies pls email me at [email protected]

sample o my gal wearing e headband.
2158021.jpg

<font size="+2"> <font color="0000ff"> Hi i also have 5-6 caps with fake hair as attached in pic to let go all r BN as i buy in dozen to enjoy wholesale price. letting go at $6 each n cap design n hair colour may varies.</font></font>
sample pic is my 15mth gal.
2158190.jpg
2158191.jpg
2158192.jpg

ok christine, wil reserve one for u.
mommies i jus realise tat i do not have any more HK clips to spare aft dividing them w my SIL and sis.

brayden, for the caps, it fits a baby of what age group? also, how much is one piece? please PM me? meanwhile, kindly put on reserve one? thanks.
happy.gif

Back