JTS: DIY hairclips

Hi,

I have extra snap buttons and ribbons to let go. Do PM me if keen.

happy.gif

Fern,
Thanks for your recommendation. Will start off getting a few to start the ball rolling.

Re : Fabric for buttons.
I found those button makers in Daiso (PS). Saw 3-4 sizes of button makers there. Now, will need advise again where to get fabric (any cartoon characters)

Hi Humblebee

You can go People's Park (that textile area) near OG with hawker centre (I cannot remember the name of the place), there's a few shops selling Russian doll cloths, little animal cloth, Japanese fabrics, you can bring your buttons there to gauge.

The cloth are quite exp (to me), 1 yard is $16++ minimum buy is 0.5 yard.

Thanks for all your advise. As for buttons, how do you secure the buttons to clips? Do u cut off the hole in the back of the button using a pen knife or just stick ?

Anyone have extra single prong alligator clips & ribbons to let go? Please contact me, thanks ^^

I have the following:

Double prog clips ands single.... all to let go.. also have ribbons which too much unable to take photo as blur when taken.. self view.... Bt Batok

Hi,

I'm new to this. Like to ask mummies here where do I get the glue to stick fabric to the snap clips? I bought one bottle from Artfriend, the sales guy says it can stick fabrics, but after i tried, it din work.

What brand should I get? Is the glue gun, which requires heating and electricity, the preferred way for such diy handicraft work?

hi gooseygoosey,

Thanks for replying. Don't mind me asking if it sounds silly, is the brand called PVA? Where can I buy it from?

Dear all, I have met a mummy whom came to my house to purchase some hairclips and rinestone. She still own me $1.90 which I base on trust to await her tt over. But it has been a week and she has yet to reply. maybe I should post out big big her nick and contact no. All our c.c. emails are still with me. I hope she will tt as she seen this or she will suffer a fate in SMH like those other mummies...

bumping up this old thread.. I am owner of Jobowtique.com & jocraftstore.com.

Giving my input here on lining of clips. I don't have a problem with "bumpy" hair clip when I line mine with hot glue. 1 tip though.. Make sure that your glue gun is hot before u use it.. If not your ribbon won't stick to the clip and you will find it hard to make the clip smooth. I usually switch on my glue gun for 5min before I use it.. Hot glue gun will also help in making your glue not solidify so fast.

Back