JTS: DIY hairclips

hello kitty,
I bought some cloth from a shop...the uncle told me $8/metre wor..some shop tend to "axe" people one..so you must walk around and ask and sometimes bargain also. I got "axe" by the lady who sells ribbons..the one near the escalator, she sell me Hello Kitty cloth for $50 a metre!!!..stupid me bought it lor..then realise Chinatown point sells only $25/metre...I wanna faint lor.

To answer your question...you can use pliers and remove the 'ring'...for me..I lazy..I use pliers to bend it in....:p

<font face="georgia">Hi mummies,

I've gotten the following contact for Japanese fabrics from my friend who just happened to chance upon the shop at Chinatown:
Malin Textile
Blk 32 New Market Road #02-1134
Tel: 65354660
I haven't got the time to go down but my friend told me there're a lot Jap fabrics at ard $8/m.
Can go and check it out.
happy.gif
</font>

erica

Paiseh...I use most of them to make ponytail holders liao leh.
U keen to exchange 1/4 of cloth - my black background with your white background one? N I am also keen in your little chick and apple design. Can email me at [email protected]?

janiviy
Thanks for the info. Hee...I sure will fold in the metal part too.

happy.gif

Hi mommies,
i bought crochet headband frm milkmilk hipgal spree but only realise tat i bought e wrong size aft receiving it yday...
any mommies interested in 3 " crochet headband pls pm me willing to let go at $2.50 including o normal postage.

2277283.jpg

I still left with BN white and dark pink 1 each..

anyone got EXTRA ALLIGATOR CLIPS for 10mm ribbons to let go???

I need many more... I prefer those with flat upper side with teeth kind... thanks!
happy.gif

catz,
Since u still need more ribbons y not go for the oversea ribbon spree some of the gals here. Got more choice mah.

wah! how are u? up and about? hehehehe...

overseas one u gotto purchase a lot leh... here whatever i like from the selections... i can take just 1 metre or 2 metre... easier to 'use up' ... i'm not doing business wor! hahahahah...

but i DO need clips... run out of clips... now i got a box of ribbons sitting and idling...

Now i know wat is age catching up liao... Easy impatient n tired.. ha ha ha.... Lao liao!

Ha ha ha so u r saying me lor buy so many ribbon till now still no time to do... Hmm... u seems make lots of clips hor.. me do a few already run out of idea. Me only got the clip with no teeth 1. My gals like to pull out the clips so if got teeth will bite off thier hair. they v rough.
How abt share some of my ribbons w u? think i wun be able to make so many pattern.

Huh? oh ya hor... i still go buy so many ribbons... AGE is catching up... must run faster... C when u meet that hamster pass to her den i will make arrangement w her lor... Haiz... after birth memory seem drop...

ice ice.... u want me to send u the pack of ribbons? hahahahah... think the last time u purchased the broad It's A Girl ribbon can do ur pacifier clip... will be VERY nice!
happy.gif

catz,

ok lor. let me know the postage. Actually me forget wat i had bot. But i lack of the clip wor....

hahahaha... yeah man! ... and i need alligator clips... with teeth kind... singapore found selling a pair for S$ 1.00 ... too EXP...
sad.gif

catika,
I have this:

2376826.jpg

bought 4 for $1.50

Can sell to you if you want.. cos I think I dun need the one w teeth yet...

also have a smaller one (that one I have alot)

Hi,

im looking for 2 plastic pacifier clips... anyone have extra to spare me?

Hi purpleangel,

i would like to share the ribbons... pls keep me update.

Thanks!

wah!!! purplenail... where u got them? ... i bot so exp... in Jurong East one of the shop next to coffeeshop... a pair for $1...

the below are the kinds of clips i've experienced...

2382359.jpg

purplenail, how many extra and what are the small ones? ... maybe can give me the broadness and length of the clips so that I can compare with what I've used before and decide? thanks!
happy.gif

alamak... realised that the font are not clear...

the keyboard and edge of table are parallel so that you can compare the curve of the clips.

from the picture:

11 o'clock: Fantastic - bought from MilkMilk
1 o'clock: NO Grip - bought from the spares from USA
7 o'clock: 2nd Fantastic - 2 pc for S$1 from JE
5 o'clock: WORST!! notice the curve and the slim-ness of the clip? it IS ugly when glued ribbon onto it and worst when clipped on hair!

Catika,

me purpleangel.. not purplenail.. keke

I bought mine at Chinatown... People's Park Shopping CEntre.. Opp Chinatown Pt... there is this shop at level 1.. think most of the item is buy 1 get 1 free.. so a pack of 2 is $1.50.. end up 4 is 1.50 lor.. keke..

as for the small one.. i bought at a wholesaler.. think got 40 pcs...

CAtika,
the big ones.. I only have this 4.. I can let go to you... no prob.. it's 4.5cm long, 0.6cm broad.

the small ones - it's 3cm long, 0.6cm broad... i have 33 of them... bought them at about $0.20 each..

2386306.jpg

The above are made using the small clips.. except the last one w bear..

alamak... wats wrong with me? ... i read purpleANGEL but typed purpleNAIL... must be i'm thinking of manicur'ing my nails this morning! hahahahah... psss... my toenails were painted purple with flowery art... hahahahah... *FAINT*

anyway... think the small ones are too small for my girl liow... i think since big ones u have only 4... you should 'keep' them and if you have inspirations, u can have them 'immediately'... thanks for the offer!
happy.gif

hairties.... the rubberbands arh? ... i got it from milkmilk i think... together with the round 'endings'... but i absolutely have no idea how to join them up! still idling in my 'toolbox' ... hahahahha...

haha.. no wonder.. u must be looking at ur nails while typing... keke

ya.. now dun noe how to tie them to the rubberbands... hehe.. may go scout around to see.. keke

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can get the fabric buttons hardware? I don't see any of the sprees sites selling.

Thanks!

Hi Bunny,

The hardware for fabric buttons you can purchase them from Daiso. Daiso carries them and they come in extra small, small, medium, large and X-large sizes. They even sell refill packs. If no more, then got to wait bec Daiso restocks them. Hope this helps.

Back