JTS: DIY hairclips

brayden

Hi all, JTS some webby tat u can DIY ur own clippies
happy.gif

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=31
https://www.theribbonretreat.com/custom/modules/FreeProjects/PDFLoopyBowInstructions.pdf
http://www.theribbonretreat.com/custom/free_projects.aspx

do share w me if u have any webby tat teaches DIY clippies too~~..

Thanks

oh ya by e way,
my cousin bought on behalf of me the aligator hair clippies at 24 pcs for $2.30 if i rmbers correctly frm Chinatown tang chen fang. but i dono where is e exact location.

and she bought ribbon frm chinatown JING LONG (金龙) at $1 or $1.50 per Metre...so it realli worth DIYing ur own clippies tat comes out to onli abt $0.50 per clippies.

attached are some o my DIY clippies.
1945031.jpg
1945032.jpg
1945033.jpg

Hi Brayden,

Your DIY clippies so nice.... I also want to try....
Can share how you glue/stick the ribbon on the the aligator hair clip? What type of glue? Thanks a lot.

Very nice!

Where to find the clips? China Square issit?

I work nearby and frequent the handicraft shops but could never find the aligator clips. Shall search around.
happy.gif

hi brayden,

Thanks for sharing
happy.gif

Too bad i don't have any girl girl, will make for my 1 and only niece.

hi Jing,
sorry i am nt sure of the exact location as i didnt go personally.
but my cousin told me tat there is alot o handicraft shop near "Tang Ren Jie"
maybe u can give it a try there.

Hi Kim,
I use those glue tat is recommended by the handicraft shop and it's brand is Clover. it's those milky white glue, $2+ per bttle
happy.gif

Hi, I heard frm one o e mommies frm SMH, that SPOTLIGHT do sell aligator clips and ribbons too. u might want to try spotlight.

however, i am nt sure o e price,
mommies who went there can share w me the price o clips n ribbons.
Thanks in advance
happy.gif

Hi Kim ,

tis is e link to line ur aligator clips.
http://bowdesigns.50webs.com/cover_alligator_clips.html.

in e same link, there are lots o instructions on hw to do clippies like cupcakes, pacifier clippies, korker bows and Etc...
take ur tm to explore
happy.gif

by e way any one knows where to buy those felt sheets as shown in e link and e price o it
happy.gif

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=57/2504&mode=Searching&erec=2&Ipp=16&No=16&D=felt&Ntt=felt&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&y=8&N=0&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&x=35&sd=50+Gigantic+Fantastic+Felt+Sheets

FOAM SHEETS
http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/b...talog&x=35&sd=24+Fabulous+Foam+Sheets

or can we get 4 more mommies to share ordering it frm OTC oversea spree
happy.gif

Hi Brayden Mummy,

Thanks for sharing.

Btw, I've seen felt sheets being sold at Golden Dragon Stall (at Chinatown) and also at Spotlight and Art Friend. Not sure if cheaper than Oriental Trading, but more convenient to buy though.
happy.gif

Hi brayden,

Thank you so much for all the info....
I wonder is the foam sheets the same as the one I saw & bought in Art-friends? I used it to make cards and bookmark for the last teacher day....
You want to use it to make the non slip clips? If you want I can send one to you, PM me you address. I'm getting so excited with it & will go hunting for materials this saturday.... Thanks a lot....

Hi Jing,

thanks for sharing,
would like to try out the tutu shirt, looks easy
happy.gif

but can any 1 advise me where to get the cloth "tulle"???
ok shall try to get felt sheets frm golden dragon as more convenient.
Thanks
happy.gif

Hi Kim,
yup would like to use e foam to make non slip clippies
happy.gif
can share w me hw much u bought it for frm Art fren?

Thanks
happy.gif

many thanks Brayden! oways wanted to DIY but duno wher to start frm... nw its time to try it on!!!
happy.gif

btw, do u tink Daiso sell all the clippes? if nt, wher is a cheaper place to buy those stuffs?

many thanks in advance!

Hi Bandtz,

my cousin gt e clippies frm chinatown on behalf for me so i donno e exact location.

Mommies,
can anyone share the exact location and price on where to get the aligator clips??
can any 1 advise me where to get the cloth "tulle"??? it's e cloth use to make tutu...
Thanks.

Hi Brayden,

I just went Chinatown Pt to take a look. Couldn't find the silver alligator clips. Found the black thicker type of alligator clip at Chinatown Complex level 1. Cost $1.50 for only 2 (but now they have a 1+1 promotion so it is $1.50 for 4), but I still bought to try.
1948793.jpg
1948794.jpg

Got this other type at 4 for $1.50 and also got promo so is $1.50 for 8.
1948795.jpg

Oh Tulle can be bought from Chinatown. There's a food centre beside the OG. Above the food centre are some fabric shops. Ask around for bridal fabric. They have lots there. If not can also get at Arab St.

Hi Brayden,
I'll go to art-friend on this sat, will keep you update. I rem there is a lot of colour to choose....

Hi Titbitqueen,

I normally go to
Art Friends
231 Bain Street
#03-33 Bras Basah Complex
Singapore 180231
Tel/Hp : 63387865,63368338,96375076
Fax : 63384692

Kim, don't mind can help to check if art friend sell those pretty ribbons from the bp?
Thanks brayden mummy for sharing, wow makes me wanted to do some clips for my girl too
happy.gif

Hi Mommies,
if u happen to know where to get cheap aligator clip, pls share here w the exact location.

Sorry my cousin wasnt able to point out e exact location as she is a foreigner and simply shop ard and happens to see it at Chinatown.

Will update e exact add here if i manage to locate e shop tat she bought e clips frm , but my cousin told me tat golden dragon, a shop selling salon supplies instead o handicraft stuff do sell aligator clips if she rmbers correctly.

Thanks mommies for contributing and sharing
happy.gif

U'll get to enjoy the satisfaction and will feel proud to let ur little darlings wear ur DIY cutie clippies
happy.gif

Hi ,

tis is another great webby for making bows.
refer to e left hand corner(near e botton) for instructions on doing lots o diff kinds o bows.
http://www.hair-hardware.com/pages/how-to-make-a-hair-bow
by e way their ribbons on their website are much cheaper as compared to getting in Singapore as 10yards is only USD2 per roll
10 yards is approx 9m++

if anyone ordering frm her webby do let me know as i wan to add in some o my orders too
happy.gif

will like to order
1-1/2" Crochet Headwraps USD 1 only...
1955366.jpg

or anyone can share where to get it in singapore?

Hi Brayden,
if you want, i can order for you. Any other mummies interested? We can share the shipping together. Will ship by VPOST.

Exchange rate : US$1 to SGD$1.56 (will adjust accordingly if credit card being charge higher)

Hi Christine, i don mind sharing if there is enough mommies whom wans to share ordering frm e webby.

Any updates on where can we get aligator clips cheapppp?
anywhere we can get printed ribbons?

Thanks.

My 1st attempt on snap clips as I don't have alligator clips.

Have a question. What other kinds of glue can I use? Clover don't seem to work well on felt. I had to use so much glue that the felt looks wet and dirty.

1959646.jpg

Hi Christine & Brayden,

I'm interested on the ribbon. PM me pls( [email protected]). Thanks a lot.

Updates on what I found in Art friends:
1) Foam sheet: 1(A4 size) for $1.00. 50( got 10 diff colours) for $33.71
2) Felt Sheet: 1(A4 size) for $0.63
3) No Alligator clips but they have snap clips. I bought 20 snap clips( small one) for about $5. Not much choice of ribbon over there...

I found a shop in Golden Sultan sells some ribbons( not a lot of choice also..) and they sell xtals. Quite nice to decorate the the clips. I will go and search for address & update it tmr.

Hope the info is useful.

Hi Erica,
nice clippies.

Hi Milo,
i am nt sure o e size but 3/8inch ribbon is able to cover it nicely.

Yup clover nt so sticky for felt sheets .
i tried it on felt sheets yday but nt tat gd
sad.gif

Hi Kim,
thanks for updating
happy.gif

textile center got 3 shops sellin ribbon. one of it sell swaroski crystals also. but ribbon choices not v many... cos they r more of those sewin shop... hvnt been to chinatown shops, so cant compare which shops hv more varieties....

snowyrain,
the shops at textile center also sell glue gun.. think mini one is abt $6. i goin to buy one of these day also. =p

christine,
any idea abt how much will a roll of ribbon cost after conversion n shippin?? i interested in 4rolls.

Hi Poky , glue gun is at $6 including the gun?
i am interested in getting glue gun too
happy.gif

as for the shipping cost of the ribbons,
i asked christine before and she is also unsure of it.
she mentioned that she will split up the shippping cost by number of rolls of ribbon ,so tat it is fair to everyone.

These are my updated clippies...
oh ya the red ribbon is a drink leash that I DIY for my princess....
Oh ya for the drinking bttle leash i used those button clips instead o velcro as i didnt have velcro at hm.i tink it will look nicer with velcro
1963543.jpg
1963544.jpg
1963545.jpg
1963546.jpg

1963547.jpg
1963548.jpg

Hi Poky,

Yes, the shop I mentioned is at textile center. They sell lots of xtals, very nice... I bought one solid black ribbon 3/8", cost me $1.50 per meter. No time to go chinatown leh....

Hi Christine, I'm also interested in the ribbons & clips( so diff to find one shop that sell all...), Can help to order for me.... Thanks... : >

Hi Brayden,

I think it is a mini glue gun. I bought one from artfriend also. Think it around $6( come with 2 glue sticks). Have not try it out as I'm still looking high & low for clips and ribbons....
Not easy to find nice ribbons...

Back