JTS: DIY hairclips

Buttons are fun to make!
2083826.jpg

and some Chinese New Year clips...
2083827.jpg

Thanks, got the fabrics from Japan.
Pls don't ask the price. My hubby will kill me if he knows. Been spending so much $$ on this hobby.

erica... hahahahaha... yeah... the tagline in SMH forum is "Don't let HB know... He'll XX me..." ... hahahahahah... we are leading each other astray... :p

Thanks to Jing/ Sparkletots for introducing the idea and to purpleangel for telling us that Daiso has button makers in Daiso. I got it from IMM Daiso for $2 with a kit and 4 buttons. The biggest size is my favourite size. It says in Chinese "De Ta" on the packaging.

Looks like this but not this brand
2085122.gif

Here's a video on how to make it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3LDkEkNm2U

Got some ideas on the internet what buttons can be used for (NOT DONE BY ME!)

2085123.jpg
2085124.jpg
2085125.jpg
2085126.jpg
2085127.jpg
2085128.jpg
2085129.jpg

CatiKa, you are so right! Sg Motherhood forum is "evi$y" good ... tempt me to spend $$ all day long.... hee hee

erica, very nice buttons.. so tempting to get e kit. but i'll not go there leh. any idea if the vivo daiso will hv? did i see chinese knots on your clips? u made them?

<font color="0077aa">milkmilk.. I bought mine at Vivo daiso.. so go ahead and spend.. hahahaha

I have not tried mine.. mum say.. u dun hv nice fabric.. dun waste the button.. :|</font>

i bought medium size from sembawang diaso, but have not started yet, like purpleangel, don't have nice fabric to start

<font color="0077aa">milk milk, it's under those craft/sewing section...

o.. for fabric.. haha.. i also dun noe where to get those cheap and nice one.. any mummy can help?</font>

milkmilk, chinese knots from Jinglong. $2 for two pairs, so can cut into 4 pieces.

Have seen Daiso selling nice bento box fabric pouches, if you don't mind cutting up a perfectly nice pouch for the fabric, can consider $2 for quite a number of buttons.

The fabric not that thick, but very sweet.
One of the pouches looks like this:
2087965.jpg

hi mommies,
i sellin some of my excess ribbons. If interested, kindly pm me. =)

Lim,
will ck on the spree thread. =)

<font face="tahoma"><font color="0000ff">Erica, your buttons are really nice.
happy.gif

Really amazed at the works that all moms have created. Just wish that I can squeeze out some time. How do you all manage, can share? I would love to make some for my girl but really have my hands full with her. </font></font>

meekia,

i have 2mth old and a 3yr old gals. i did it when they are napping. but sometime the baby dun nap the same timing as her elder sis, so i wait till nght time when all fali asleep then i make lor

<font face="tahoma"><font color="0000ff">hmmm, that leaves me only night time to do or weekends. As I work during the day and by the time reached home alreadi exhausted... but i will try.
happy.gif
</font></font>

Anyone wants to get these clips? Bought too many wanna clear some away. Made of plastic, 20cents for a pair(2 clips). Free postage for every 10pairs purchased. Mix colour ok hor? Can jus PM me lor
2099637.jpg

Hi meow, had pm-ed you.
happy.gif

If I'm not wrong, u do meetups at tiong bahru? ... if so, would prefer meetup than postage during this busy season.
happy.gif

hi gals... just to share, yesterday went to people park centre to look for the items to make hairclips.

saw a shop inside at L1 selling all the beads etc at 1 for 1 now. thot quite a gd deal. do check it out when u are free.

i bought some from there and also went up to Jin Long to buy some too. haha.. cant wait to start making it! ;-)

I've replied all PMs liao. Pls check
happy.gif
Think more or less all reserve for those who PM me le unless catika wanna pass
happy.gif

Hi meows,
jus reply ur email..busy with my girl past few days.

hi purpleangle,
you are elainemummy right ?
the ribbons u still interested ? if not i will sell it off..thks!

Hi CatiKa
Last time promise to sell some to u..
u still interested ? if yes, pls let me know asap..
else i will sell to those who come to me first
happy.gif

thanks!

Back