IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Sparkles, good luck for your tww!
Doubles, might be cycling with you. Doing long protocol this time, once AF reports. Injection will poss start end jan/early feb.
On a separate note, af is already late by about 2-3 weeks. Do u think I should call kkivf to ask for medicine to make af come?

Sparkles, good luck for your tww!
Doubles, might be cycling with you. Doing long protocol this time, once AF reports. Injection will poss start end jan/early feb.
On a separate note, af is already late by about 2-3 weeks. Do u think I should call kkivf to ask for medicine to make af come?
Circles, I think u shld give kkivf a call to check. Let nurse/ dr decide which is best for u. And also plan ur schedule so that will not clash when kkivf close during cny.

I m starting ivf in mid February ( mense estimate start) with short cycle.

baby_sparkles: for medicated fet, do you need to everyday scan till u ovulate?

double_line: cant remember the grade and cell. but according to my doctor, its blastocycts at day 6 when they frozen it. so if it successful thaw, i will be transfer at day 5 or 6 after I ovulate.

double_line: just called kkivf. They advised to wake another week then call them back to induce AF. Anyway, even if it comes these few days, can't start IVF cos it clashes into CNY. Looks like I should pray for period to report later. Hahaha!

It means I might really cycle right next to you!

baby_sparkles: for medicated fet, do you need to everyday scan till u ovulate?

double_line: cant remember the grade and cell. but according to my doctor, its blastocycts at day 6 when they frozen it. so if it successful thaw, i will be transfer at day 5 or 6 after I ovulate.

All the best In ur fet, baby dusty!

double_line: just called kkivf. They advised to wake another week then call them back to induce AF. Anyway, even if it comes these few days, can't start IVF cos it clashes into CNY. Looks like I should pray for period to report later. Hahaha!

It means I might really cycle right next to you!

Circle, although I hope we don't have to go thru ivf, it nice to have u as cycle buddy again. :)

Thanks double_line! Have u got ur appt to see Dr Tan? Before this u was under which Dr?
My hubby was the one suggested to change to dr tan cos he think maybe is the "fate" between us and Sadhana. Cos we giva a try on dr hh tan. Hopefully this time round will be able to spread bb dust!
As what I know, we must use up all our frozen embryo before start a fresh cycle. U can always consult dr tan. He is very nice doctor. All the best to u!!

Hi hope4bb, was there any difference btw short and long cycle for u?

Doubles, i know what you mean. Haiz, I was down with food poisoning 2 days back. Gastric pains, bloated, puking etc. Reminded me so much about the OHSS symptoms in Jul. I was so sure then that I would NEVER want to go through OHSS again. But I am back at it again. Totally dreading the OHSS but it is a must to go through it. In fact, with long protocol, my OHSS would be worse.

Hi Sarah, how long is KKIVF closed during CNY?

Hi_mei, short cycle is much easier compare with the long cycle. For long cycle u need to start injection so much earlier. Then in between u will have ur af. Roughly daily injection for almost a month before ur ET.

Hi_mei, short cycle is much easier compare with the long cycle. For long cycle u need to start injection so much earlier. Then in between u will have ur af. Roughly daily injection for almost a month before ur ET.

Thanks for reply! Was the response better with long cycle? Cuz Tan HH asked me to change to long cycle, I am not sure whether response will be worse cuz i saw on forum tt some ppl totally cannot respond to long protocol....

hi ladies, I will be returning 50 eggs to Shuang Lin Shi at Toa Payoh this sun (15th Dec) before 2pm. I have promised to return 200 eggs but hubby say if return 200 eggs at a shot and nobody takes, it will be a waste. so we will return 50 eggs each time every sun. I will post again next sun for the next timing incase there are some who missed out on taking the eggs.

Pls do not be discouraged as I was oso ttcing for quite some time. Hang on and do not give up!

Hi Ladies, it's my bb's full mth tmr and i'll be returning 50 red eggs at the zhu sheng niang altar at the toa payoh shuang lin temple at about 2 pm.. if any of you interested, can go and take.. I had also taken the eggs returned by an ivf mummy who had twins last yr and received her blessings and succeeded in my ivf.. Baby dusts to all!! :)

Hi double_line

I will also be starting my cycle in Feb. actually I planned to start in January. However, I was told by KKIVF that they will be closed for CNY hence it clashes with my cycle. This will be my first try.

Good luck to all!!

Best,
Sarah.

Hello Sarah, this will be my 2nd try. So estimate when ur mense start in feb? Doing short or long cycle?

Doubles, i know what you mean. Haiz, I was down with food poisoning 2 days back. Gastric pains, bloated, puking etc. Reminded me so much about the OHSS symptoms in Jul. I was so sure then that I would NEVER want to go through OHSS again. But I am back at it again. Totally dreading the OHSS but it is a must to go through it. In fact, with long protocol, my OHSS would be worse.

Hi Sarah, how long is KKIVF closed during CNY?

Circle, take care. Hope u feeling better.

Ohss is really no joke. Some more u r trying long cycle. Dr got say Anyway to prevent it?

Hi min81

Thanks for sharing. I will be doing my 2nd IVF in Feb next year as I still have 7 embriees with KKH. This time will be done by Dr Tan HH as understand he has lucky hands.
See you tomorrow.

Hi double,

I think my menses will come mid Feb ard 17th. I'm doing the short protocol. What abt u?

Do u know how the doctor decides between long vs short protocol for individuals?

I m doing short cycle. So we are cycle buddy too!

Dr decision depend on individual body. If he feel u have high chance ohss etc, then u be on short cycle... Or if first round short doesn't work, he will change to long.

Dr put me on long cycle first round because I have endo. But 2nd round is short.

Double,

Yea, let's cycle to success together. Since this is my first time, anything I should take note of like food to consume more / less now to prepare body for the cycle... etc?

I started acupuncture and taking TCM powder from beginning of Oct with Dr Zou. Most of the time, I go twice a week.

Are u doing acupuncture and TCM too?

Always Take warm food n eat healthily before ivf start.

I also did acupunture and tcm with my first ivf. Also went twice a wk for acupunture with dr zou. I feel it does help to reduce stress. But now I quit my job so decide not to go this round as it quite costly for me now....

Hi ladies, i will b returning another 90 red eggs to shuang lin temple tmr (22nd Dec 2013) before 12pm. Pls do drop by and collect the eggs with your spouse!

Hi, I will be doing IVF under Dr Tan HH after CNY.
Can I have your advises what should I prepare or expect for my this upcoming IVF?
Btw, my 1st was done by Dr. Sadhana about 4 years and was unsuccessful.
Curently I still have a balance of 7 embreeies in KKH and I intend to fertitlise all as my age is catching up.

Thanks for sharing.

Simmama,
Most important is to take good care ur body from now on. Eat well and stay healthy. For me, I really don't take cold drinks few months before my ivf and even til now. Continue ur folic acid as it helps in baby brain and spimal development. All the best ya!
Hi, I will be doing IVF under Dr Tan HH after CNY.
Can I have your advises what should I prepare or expect for my this upcoming IVF?
Btw, my 1st was done by Dr. Sadhana about 4 years and was unsuccessful.
Curently I still have a balance of 7 embreeies in KKH and I intend to fertitlise all as my age is catching up.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks hope4bb for your advice. Have been taking folic acid for the last 6months.
Have also started to drink black chicken soup on a weekly basis.
Are you conceive under Dr Tan HH?

Hi simmama

How did you change your doctor in chArge to dr tan hh? My fresh cycle fail, i am thinking of changing to dr tan hh for my fet. But I don't know how to go about doing so?

Heard Dr Tan HH has golden hands.. alot of then succeeded under him.
My first was Sadhana...
How many embreeies do you still have?
Dr. Jerry Chan is under KKH as well?

i would think Dr Thh has a different protocol compared to other doc. who prefer to culture the embbies.. But under lab conditions, they may not survive even for the fittest embryos. and he is indeed a very good and patient doctor.
Hi baby_sparkles, thanks for your useful advise.
You succeeded under him as well? Can share your experience?
And yours is a fresh cycle or FET ? Thanks

Yup sinmama heard a lot succeeded under him that's why the thought of changing come across my mind when my 1st failed. but then I am thinking could be a lot of other factors too so thinking should I just remain with dr jerry. I have 10blastocyst. Transfer 2 1st cycle failed and left 8 in the snow bank now. Abit sad blastocyst transfer yet still fail. But comfort at least still got 8 blastocyst left. Hope those frozen cycle can have a positive result. So you already say dr tan?

Yup sinmama heard a lot succeeded under him that's why the thought of changing come across my mind when my 1st failed. but then I am thinking could be a lot of other factors too so thinking should I just remain with dr jerry. I have 10blastocyst. Transfer 2 1st cycle failed and left 8 in the snow bank now. Abit sad blastocyst transfer yet still fail. But comfort at least still got 8 blastocyst left. Hope those frozen cycle can have a positive result. So you already say dr tan?

Yap, I went for my 1st appt last month. Since I am a PCOS, I will have to take the medicine to induce my menses to come.. Then I do my IVF after CNY.
Still have 7 embreeies in the bank and will blastocyst all, as my age is catching up.

How did you manage to change doc? After your failed ivf you have to have review with dr sadhana right? Did you or just go make new aptm straight with dr tan? So now you mean your 7 frozen are embryo stage? So thaw already wait till blastocyst stage then transfer? Cause my is blastocyst stage already when they froze them at day 6 after retrieval. So heard the embryologist say even thaw they still will be blastocyst stage. Your 1st cycle transfer also blastocyst stage? Did dr say why did it fail? My aptm after failed cycle is at end of jan so long.

May I know if I use medisave for fet, does it mean I left one more time to deduct medisave? Coz I already used one time for fresh cycle. N I heard can only use 3 times medisave.

Double line, I think is 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycle. If I remember correctly. Wait for other sisters to clarify. Both got govt subsidies but different amount cause fet cost lesser than fresh.

Double line, I think is 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycle. If I remember correctly. Wait for other sisters to clarify. Both got govt subsidies but different amount cause fet cost lesser than fresh.

I didn't know fet n fresh is counted differently. I tot I use medisave for fet mean used up one count. I pay cash for fet. :(

Back