IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Double_line I think I remember seeing the nurse brief me on the charges and she wrote on my paper, fresh and under fresh got three govt subsidies and three medisave deduction. Then under frozen got another three govt subsidies and also medisave deduction. So maybe I understand wrongly, maybe medisave deductions is max cap at 15k now but frozen confirm got subsidies also. I also curious as I am entering frozen cycle soon.

Double line, check this out.

From website:
To help couples better afford the cost of treatment for Assisted Conception Procedures (ACP), a couple may withdraw $6,000, $5,000 and $4,000 from Medisave for the first, second and third treatment cycles respectively. For ACP treatment received on or after 1 Oct 2013, the withdrawal limits are:

o 1st cycle - $6,000

o 2nd cycle - $5,000

o 3rd and subsequent cycles - $4,000

A lifetime Medisave withdrawal limit of $15,000 per patient for ACP also applies.

Withdrawal limits are set on Medisave withdrawals to ensure that Medisave monies are not prematurely depleted since Medisave is primarily meant for hospitalisation and the bulk of healthcare cost will likely take place towards the end of a person’s life.

GOVERNMENT CO-FUNDING SCHEME FOR ASSISTED REPRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY TREATMENTS AT PUBLIC HOSPITALS

With the median age at first marriage and first birth rising, there is an increasing number of couples who need medical help in conceiving. Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART) treatments such as in-vitro fertilisation may be able to help these couples.

ART treatments are clinical and laboratory techniques that involve the mixing of eggs and sperms outside the body to enhance fertility. Couples with difficulties conceiving should try to seek such treatments early, as the success rate of ART is likely to fall with age. Such treatment can also be very costly.

Eligible couples seeking ART treatment in public hospitals will now receive up to 75% in co-funding from the Government for ART treatment cycles, for a maximum of 3 fresh and 3 frozen ART cycles. This will start from 1 Jan 2013.

So I think frozen and fresh both govt will subsides three cycle each. As for medisave fresh or frozen 1st DEduction is at $6k then 5k and subsequent 4k till you reach 15k total then u must top up cash yourself.

Double line, check this out.

From website:
To help couples better afford the cost of treatment for Assisted Conception Procedures (ACP), a couple may withdraw $6,000, $5,000 and $4,000 from Medisave for the first, second and third treatment cycles respectively. For ACP treatment received on or after 1 Oct 2013, the withdrawal limits are:

o 1st cycle - $6,000

o 2nd cycle - $5,000

o 3rd and subsequent cycles - $4,000

A lifetime Medisave withdrawal limit of $15,000 per patient for ACP also applies.

Withdrawal limits are set on Medisave withdrawals to ensure that Medisave monies are not prematurely depleted since Medisave is primarily meant for hospitalisation and the bulk of healthcare cost will likely take place towards the end of a person’s life.

GOVERNMENT CO-FUNDING SCHEME FOR ASSISTED REPRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY TREATMENTS AT PUBLIC HOSPITALS

With the median age at first marriage and first birth rising, there is an increasing number of couples who need medical help in conceiving. Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART) treatments such as in-vitro fertilisation may be able to help these couples.

ART treatments are clinical and laboratory techniques that involve the mixing of eggs and sperms outside the body to enhance fertility. Couples with difficulties conceiving should try to seek such treatments early, as the success rate of ART is likely to fall with age. Such treatment can also be very costly.

Eligible couples seeking ART treatment in public hospitals will now receive up to 75% in co-funding from the Government for ART treatment cycles, for a maximum of 3 fresh and 3 frozen ART cycles. This will start from 1 Jan 2013.
Thanks for the infor!

The new scheme kicked in in sept this year i think..
you may refer to this: http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_w...more-flexible-medisave-use-for-assisted-.html

MOH will lift the three-cycle cap for Medisave claims for ACPs to provide more flexibility. Currently, the Medisave withdrawal limit for ACPs is $6,000 (first treatment cycle), $5,000 (second treatment cycle) and $4,000 (third treatment cycle). With couples now claiming less Medisave than before per cycle due to the enhanced government cofunding for ART, we will allow couples to use Medisave for more than three cycles, with the fourth and subsequent cycles, subject to a $4,000 limit each. To ensure that couples do not deplete their Medisave prematurely, the cumulative Medisave use allowed for ACP will remain at $15,000.

MINISTRY OF HEALTH
24 SEPTEMBER 2013
Thanks baby sparkles

Mesara, I did lap 2.5 months before ER. Include 1.5month of lucrin n stimulation jab. It successful but ectopic. Going for 2nd ivf soon.

Double line dr tan did your lap ar. How was it. How many days hospitalized n wat he remove. Was yr lucrin daily jabs for 1.5 months? Sorry to hear abt ectopic. Wish u all the best for this cycle. U doing fresh is it.

Double line dr tan did your lap ar. How was it. How many days hospitalized n wat he remove. Was yr lucrin daily jabs for 1.5 months? Sorry to hear abt ectopic. Wish u all the best for this cycle. U doing fresh is it.

Mesara, my friend did lap under DR THH , hospitalise 1 day... After 1 mth, did IVF and suceed .

No my lap is done by dr lau. He give me 14days HL. He removed 3cm blood cyst. Yes mine is daily lucrin jab for 1.5 mth. I m doing fresh this mid feb by dr tan

Last edited:
Doubleline

It's ok I got over the loss... Taking tcm n doin mini confinement . Can't wait to tiao back n start ttc again. Took 5 weeks hosp leave to stay away from work

I didn't know u had an ectopic ??? I tot u were missing for a while . Hope u r doing well now
It happened in July last yr on my first fresh. Anyway it the past. :)

So u still got left frozen embryo?

I left 1 frosty but grade not so gd. My fet in nov with 2 better one did not succeed so I redo fresh again.

I did not go tcm because I no longer working. Too ex

It gd u still left 2 blastocyst . Higher chance.

Hi Ladies,

I'm a newbie to this forum. Anybody did their IVF at KKH? What are the total cost and how's the payment like? Do I need to pay upfront before the start of the treatment or during? or after? Hope to receive some replies. Thanks! ;)

Hi Ladies,

I'm a newbie to this forum. Anybody did their IVF at KKH? What are the total cost and how's the payment like? Do I need to pay upfront before the start of the treatment or during? or after? Hope to receive some replies. Thanks! ;)

Cost depend on ur medication dosage etc. my bill is 9k+ Before deduct govt subsidy & medisave. I paid afew hundred cash for medication & insurance. Insurance have to pay first n the rest is after treatment if I remember correctly.

Cost depend on ur medication dosage etc. my bill is 9k+ Before deduct govt subsidy & medisave. I paid afew hundred cash for medication & insurance. Insurance have to pay first n the rest is after treatment if I remember correctly.
thanks for the info @double_line .. how was your ivf? did u succeeded on your first try? I'm still contemplating to go for IVF or IUI first... :(

My natural TTC this month fail. So I am starting my natural fet feb. Suddenly fear the tww again. Really the hardest part.

Hopefulmom, my 1st fresh total cost was between 10-11k if I remember correctly. I don't have to fork out extra after deduction medisave and govt subsidies. The only cash that is not under claims and subsidies is the blood test before the ivf procedure and the insurance after the transfer. Should be around $500+

but the % success rates are much higher with IVF than IUI? .. I've been ttc since 2011 took me almost 2years and finally conceived a boy naturally but unfortunately had a miscarriage at 20weeks. Now ttc again for 1 year plus but not able to :(
kk advise to wait up till April to try naturally. If by April still no baby news, then I have to go through either IUI or IVF.. :(
Usually how long do i have to wait for me to get a slot for IVF?

It's so scary and worrying. Until your bb is born held in ur hand crying out loud can u put yr mind at ease. Getting pregnant and staying pregnant is a challenge. I hope and pray everyone in this thread TTC will have positive news and smooth pregnancy. Have a happy new year all!

I should be starting ivf next week when af report. These few days have been receiving many pregnant news from relatives n colleagues. They also keep asking abt when my turn. Soo stress for me

Sinmama, some already know I m trying hard but still ask whenever they see me.
Sigh.. Emo lately.. Hope next week come faster... ;p

Baby sparkles, I watch Korea drama, surf net, read books. After this 2nd fresh, if *touch wood* my dream no come true, I will go back to work. So far I rested less than a year. Depend on ur financial , if u always eat at home n seldom buy thing should be ok.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am thinking of seeing Dr Tan. I did 1 cycle of IVF ICSI 3 yrs back but failed :( cos only 1 egg was fertilised with no frozen egg. Think my eggs are of poor quality despite retrieving 18 eggs during ER. Wondering how I can improve my egg quality n if I should try IVF again?

Last edited:
*WAVES* to Sparkles and Double line! Happy New Year and may all of us stay healthy and happy always!
Me just started lucrin jabs - day 10 today. On long protocol this time. And long protocol really seems LOOOOOOONG!

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am thinking of seeing Dr Tan. I did 1 cycle of IVF ICSI 3 yrs back but failed :( cos only 1 egg was fertilised with no frozen egg. Think my eggs are of poor quality despite retrieving 18 eggs during ER. Wondering how I can improve my egg quality n if I should try IVF again?

Dr tan will advise u when u consult him. He may prescribe dhea if he feel that u need to.

If u r financially n emotionally stable, y not ivf again?

Last edited:
*WAVES* to Sparkles and Double line! Happy New Year and may all of us stay healthy and happy always!
Me just started lucrin jabs - day 10 today. On long protocol this time. And long protocol really seems LOOOOOOONG!

Hello circles! Happy new year! So when u will start stimulating jab?

Hi Double _line, my earlier cycle was at a private hospital. Many asked me to try kkivf. Heard abt the many successful cases here n good reviews abt Dr Tan. Feel motivated but also worried abt the failure. Btw, what is dhea?

Anyone has similar problems with egg quality but succeeded?

Hi Double _line, my earlier cycle was at a private hospital. Many asked me to try kkivf. Heard abt the many successful cases here n good reviews abt Dr Tan. Feel motivated but also worried abt the failure. Btw, what is dhea?

Anyone has similar problems with egg quality but succeeded?
I don't know y I mention it to u... Dhea is for low ovarian reserve. U may not need it since u can retrieve 18eggs.

Thanks, double_line:)
Though I did hv many eggs retrieved, but very few are fertilised at that time. Wanted to try 2nd ivf but worried that no egg can be fertilised as I am much older now.

Hi doubles, not sure when can start stimulation. Appt is next week. Nurse says period must come and need to scan and take blood test. If period doesnt come, then continue with lucrin jabs.

Bbpony, me in the same shoes as u. Poor egg quality. During my last cycle, I retrieved 23 eggs but only 1 fertilised egg (grade 4). Dr Tan says dhea not suitable for us.

Hi circlecircle, are you embarking on a fresh cycle now? Is your first cycle under Dr Tan too? Does Dr Tan advise how he can address our poor egg quality problem?

Hi bbpony, I am on fresh cycle now. No choice. 1st and current both under dr tan. We saw him for review about 1st failed cycle. From a medical/scientific point of view, there is nothing that he can do for me. Poor egg quality cannot be reversed. While there is no medicine to help us, doesnt mean that all is lost. He has seen cases that had succeeded, both naturally and via ivf.

I remembered blogging about my review with dr tan, my tcm and what I understand about poor egg quality. You can review the posts via the link below.

http://iamcircles.blogspot.sg/2013_07_01_archive.html

He didnt rush us into the next cycle (since he cant do much), just told us to take it easy :p

Baby sparkles, you are a wonderful and superbly brave person. I draw so much strength from u. And yes, 3 of us are still cycling. Feels almost like a triathlon. Hope the finishing line is just round the corner!

Circlecircle, good luck for your fresh cycle! I'm thinking to tiao my body first before embarking on 2nd ivf. Wondering if I should visit Dr Tan now or later?

Thanks, Sparkles :)
When I took my blood tests before my 1st ivf, all hormones levels r good hence doc was also shocked to know abt my poor egg quality. Cos poor egg quality normally happens to ppl of older age, according to my gynae. I felt real helpless at that time.

Thanks sparkles! Yeah, I have pcos and long protocol will make my ohss worse. He did warn me that long protocol won't be easy for me. But higher chance for more fertilised eggs.

Bbpony, didn't realise that there was a test for poor eggs quality. Maybe Dr tan didn't feel that it was necc then to test me for that. Think you can book an appt first. You don't have to start immediately also :)

Sparkles, not that I know of that I hv pcos. my hormones results are good so doc was also shocked that my ivf failed.

circlecircle, there is no test for egg quality. Just that the doc said the reason for the failure was due to poor egg quality cos only 1 egg made it for transfer. Yup, I'm seeing him next week. Is the wait normally quite long?

Hi ladies, I am going for my first consultation at KKH on 19 Feb. Since I plan to use the subsidy and medisave to lower costs, I cannot choose the doctor. May I ask if anyone can share what the first consultation is about?

After the first consultation, how long after can IVF start?

Hi Divineparadise, I didnt know that if wanna use subsidy and medisave then cant use doctor. I think first consultation is about sharing your 'history' or 'situation' with the doc. I had problems of irregular cycle so I brought along my period dates for his reference. You might also wanna prepare what you have done to TTC and how long you have been trying.

Doc may then suggest some options. In my case, he didnt recommend IVF immediately e.g. putting me on metformin and clomid first.

When he finally suggested IVF, then it was about 1-2 months before we finally start. Cos there are some pre-work e.g. blood test, briefing, counselling etc. And it needs to coincide with your period etc.

Back