IVF with Dr L C Cheng

my hubby issue same as you, both morphology and mobility is poor, morphology is 0%, my tcm say with this type of result go ivf sure fail.... cos the sperm is not good enough even though is fertilise with egg.

ICSI can only help in choosing the fast moving sperm by naked eyes, it doesnt guarantee the sperm is good a not

I spoke to Ms Tan from MEFC, she said the min requirement for morphology is 1%.

Hi may I know what would be the cost?
Will it be too early for me?

I think the cost really depends on which type of tests she asked u to do, so everyone could be different. My bill last time on just blood tests was over 1k..

As far as I know, if you have some immune issue, your body could be attacking the foreign object i.e. the embryo which could cause implantation failure and miscarriages?

Yes.. please do not go ahead with transferring your last blastocyst without establishing the root cause for the past failures.
Its heart wrenching to go through cycle after cycle without knowing the exact reason for the failures.

After going through rough patches for my ttcing journey since 2010, i have learnt to take more control over my recent ivf cyles as I am no longer young. dr cheng is definitely open to discussions on your suggestions.

Dr Cheng also recommended me Dr Koh from Mt E Orchard too. I saw Dr Koh for my acute Rheumatism a few years ago but I had my reservations when I saw him this time round.
I had a friend with Lupus and she recommended me Dr Shiela Vasoo who got her pregnant. I subsequently went to Dr Shiela and introduced another friend of mine with Dr Cheng to Dr Shiela and she got pregnant with twins under the care of Dr Shiela too.

Below are the tests which I did with Dr Sheila :-

Thyriod - T4, TSH, Thyroid peroxidase Antibodies - (TPO), thyrotropin receptor antibodies (TRAbs) and thyroglobulin antibodies (TGAb).

Liver Profiles - AST/SGOT & ALT/SGPT
Special Protein Studies - C3 & C4
Serology - ANA Screen, Anti-ds DNA & Index
Lupus Screening & Pupus Anticoagulant
Anti-Cardiolipin 1GG & IGM screening

With my hyperthyroidism, my T4, TSH & TrAB were within Normal Range but my TGaB & one of the Anti-Cardiolipin indicator were slightly elevated. I wasn't in time to do my NK Cells tests but Dr Shiela mentioned that the prednisolone she prescribed me would be able to counter any minor NK cells within my body.

Given my T4, TSH results, any IVF dr will claim that I will have no issues with my thyroid antibodies and I am not at all surprise as IVF drs are reproductive endocrinologists and immunology is not their forte. Therefore I decide to follow on seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo who specializes in immunologic sub-fertility.

Yes I spoke to Dr Cheng on Endo scratch too and he gave the same reply too but with multiple implantation failures, try to suggest to him that you want to do the endo-scratch for the next round. I am sure he is pretty open with the endo-scratch or other FET protocols given your history.

Meanwhile stay positive... and press on ! ...

Hi Daylesford, What promote you to see fertility immunologiSt?

Btw , i am having knee pain when i climb the stairs, it is Rheumatism?

Oh yes , i did vitamin D deficiency test too.

Nothing to feel silly about ... at least if a problem creeps up in the immunity bloodworks, dr shiela should have a solution to counter the issue. Its more complex if The blood works turned out ok ... then probably PGD is the way to go...

Yes had a friend who had multiple implantation failures and recently she got part of her thyroid removed and also did endo scratch and she’s finally preggie. So it could be due to her thyroid or the endo scratch that made the difference.
So definitely no harm asking dr cheng to endo scratch for u.

I didnt have affinity with dr sb tan. Got scolded by her on one of consultations for taking red dates drink and i decided not to go back to her ever again.

I used to reach tongji at 7am to get the queue no so that i was the 1st or 2nd to see dr Loh. Now i will see her around 10am or afternoon and the wait is usually about max 30mins wait.
Dr Loh was the only tcm dr that helped me relieve from my chronic sinuses symptoms while on tcm fertility treatment too. None of the other tcm drs did that. After seeing dr loh, my endo lining thickened the quickest this time round as compared to my previous FETs.

If you find that your body constitution improves after seeing Dr Xia Rong, you may want to stick with her cos ultimately having chemistry with the right dr is v important too.

Hi Daylesford, how did u know your endo lining thickened? ultrasound scan?

Do you know the difference btw immunologist and endocrinologist? Thought thyroid problem should ass an endocrinologist?

Yes... but there is an overlap btw an endocrinologist vs immunologist!

My endocrine is not bothered as long as my thyriod lvls are regulated. I was glad i got myself tested with dr shiela ... who detected my elevated thyroid antibodies and people who have elevated antibodies may potentially have NK Cells. she also mentioned that these antibodies may attack the embryo after transfer.

Last edited:
Yes endo lining can be monitored via ultrascan by dr cheng.
I see, Dr

Seeing Dr Cheng tomorrow.
Wonder what will he propose this time.

He will be on leave on 11th Dec to 24th Dec. Do you think its a good idea to have a replacement Dr when he is away as I do not want to miss out the chance in Dec?

I see, Dr

Seeing Dr Cheng tomorrow.
Wonder what will he propose this time.

He will be on leave on 11th Dec to 24th Dec. Do you think its a good idea to have a replacement Dr when he is away as I do not want to miss out the chance in Dec?

For me, i only trust Dr Cheng and i will postpone my cycle if he is out of clinic.

But its your personal choice !

Last edited:
Yes... but there is an overlap btw an endocrinologist vs immunologist!

My endocrine is not bothered as long as my thyriod lvls are regulated. I was glad i got myself tested with dr shiela ... who detected my elevated thyroid antibodies and people who have elevated antibodies may potentially have NK Cells. she also mentioned that these antibodies may attack the embryo after transfer.

I see. How much did you pay for the test?

Ur tcm should be able to adjust the herbs to suit ur body's constitution.

Nope ... thats my tcm electric brewer.
We r not suppose to use stainless steel pots to brew.

141a519def74f2a4447f288981a43768.jpg

abbe50f7eae47b779903bd0a23178b9d.jpg
Hi, does the pot switch to green and stay there as warming mode? Mine change to green beeping then change to red, then change to green beeping and change to red....again and again

Hi, does the pot switch to green and stay there as warming mode? Mine change to green beeping then change to red, then change to green beeping and change to red....again and again

Nope. When brewing its red... once done it will change to green.

That's good for you! Did she prescribe you medicine? I went on Mon but I needa do all blood tests again before she diagnose me ...
I bought all my reports and she prescribed me some herbs. She also send me to do some blood test ( liver, ....kidney...E2 and progesterone...)

Last time I check with Dr cheng and he said no need test for E2.

That's good for you! Did she prescribe you medicine? I went on Mon but I needa do all blood tests again before she diagnose me ...
Why need to do all the blood test?
For my blood test missing E2 and progesterone, she asked me to do these 2 but the cost is cheaper for the full test, so I did all .

Dr loh did not ask me to do the AMH, but I asked the clinic to do the AMH again.

But the problem is that I took clomid yesterday. Wonder will it affect the result

Dr loh only asked for my liver profile bloodworks as i told her already had frozen embryos with MEFC and i want to concentrate on keeping my uterus warm as well as endo lining.

Why need to do all the blood test?
For my blood test missing E2 and progesterone, she asked me to do these 2 but the cost is cheaper for the full test, so I did all .

Dr loh did not ask me to do the AMH, but I asked the clinic to do the AMH again.

But the problem is that I took clomid yesterday. Wonder will it affect the result

She said my reports were dated in May this year and she need the latest numbers to diagnose me or sth. She asked me to do AMH too and E2 and everything. She said can't give me medicine before I got the results.

I just recover from BPF still having menses I also duno if the boood test reports are accurate...but just do lorrr

She said my reports were dated in May this year and she need the latest numbers to diagnose me or sth. She asked me to do AMH too and E2 and everything. She said can't give me medicine before I got the results.

I just recover from BPF still having menses I also duno if the boood test reports are accurate...but just do lorrr

On Thong Chai Webpage you can see the physicians that are on leave

http://www.stcmi.org.sg/medical-services/physicians-leave-schedule/

Have not been feeling hopeful.
This month, I have only 1 Antral Follicles on the left ovaries. and found 2 exiting fibriods 2 cm.
I was told I do not respond to high dosage simulation and the Dr will try mild IVF this time.
Given clomid for 5 days.

Another thing that make me feel disturbed was i was exposed and not covered up by the paper towel (most clinic will use blanket) during the scan.
When i got ready after cleaning the mess, the assistant just called the Dr and my Hubby in without covering me.
i felt that they do not protect the patient's modesty.
Although my Hubby was around and the Dr have seen so many women's private parts, I still do not feel comfortable exposing my private part to all.

We are all given a sizable piece of disposable pAper to cover rather than towel. Isnt it more disgusting if the towel had been recycled from patient to patient ?

We are all given a sizable piece of disposable pAper to cover rather than towel. Isnt it more disgusting if the towel had been recycled from patient to patient ?

The issue here is not whether it is blanket or sizable paper tower.
I was not covered up at all ( only the previous time) and I was not comfortable at all exposing my private part.
I think no matter what I feel that it’s their job to protect our modesty at all times.

The issue here is not whether it is blanket or sizable paper tower.
I was not covered up at all ( only the previous time) and I was not comfortable at all exposing my private part.
I think no matter what I feel that it’s their job to protect our modesty at all times.

Being a long time patient, It didnt happened to me ever before. Then probably are u considering of changing clinic.

Last edited:
Being a long time patient, It didnt happened to me ever before. Then probably are u considering of changing clinic.

Its happened to me just once and caught me off guard. Just felt disturbed by this incident as I never expect this to happen.
Anyway the next visit i will take the towel to coverup myself to prevent any unpleasant incidence.

Hi,dear. Thanks for the information. ☺
I am same age with you. No gov fund. I have done two fresh ivf cycle in sgh. No ET yet. Have two freeze d2 embryo. May do FET at Nov. If i fail FET,may consider to chang to private hospital.

Hi Olivia f, may I know what us your AMH and FSH?

Back