IVF with Dr L C Cheng

Thank you for all your info and Happy for you in your 3rd trimester!

The reason why I was wondering if the suppressing ovary approach suits me is becoz with the first doctor I saw, I only had to take oral tablets for the FET cycle and without any contraceptive pills before that. I had a low beta and it's almost gone before I knew it. But that vey first cycle I only transferred one 5CA blast and it sort of sticked. So comparing to the two FETs with Dr Cheng where I had 2 5AAs and 2 5BBs but none of the 4 implant at all, I can't keep wondering if his FET approach might not fit my body...

After the last cycle of failed FET, Dr Cheng intro me to Dr Koh to check for immune system stuff. And yes, like 5-6 tubes of blood were taken.....and my report was normal. But what I actually wanted to check was the NK cells? But Dr Koh said he doesn't do that and Dr Cheng at that time say it's not necessary to check it..I enquired about endo scratch too and he also said it was not scientific proven more appropriately no one know how is the best way to perform the scratch. I didn't insist anything as I was a lil scare of the idea of scratch my womb...so I went ahead with the current transfer without changing anything..

Btw, what is the indicator in your immune report showing the thyroid issue? Maybe I can check my number again if I had that item..

Catherine also intro me to check with Dr Zou or Dr Loh. I think I'll do that but Dr Zou is very far for me as I stay in the south..and Dr Loh is so packed her schedule, she asked me to queue in Tong Chi I havnt done yet a bit hesitated for the long morning queue and stuff...I'm thinking to see Dr Xia Rong at paragon, seems no need to queue with appointment, have anyone heard of her..?

I still have one good quality embryo left in MEFC, but I'm really doubltful to just go ahead for another FET coz I don't wanna waste it... :(

Yes.. please do not go ahead with transferring your last blastocyst without establishing the root cause for the past failures.
Its heart wrenching to go through cycle after cycle without knowing the exact reason for the failures.

After going through rough patches for my ttcing journey since 2010, i have learnt to take more control over my recent ivf cyles as I am no longer young. dr cheng is definitely open to discussions on your suggestions.

Dr Cheng also recommended me Dr Koh from Mt E Orchard too. I saw Dr Koh for my acute Rheumatism a few years ago but I had my reservations when I saw him this time round.
I had a friend with Lupus and she recommended me Dr Shiela Vasoo who got her pregnant. I subsequently went to Dr Shiela and introduced another friend of mine with Dr Cheng to Dr Shiela and she got pregnant with twins under the care of Dr Shiela too.

Below are the tests which I did with Dr Sheila :-

Thyriod - T4, TSH, Thyroid peroxidase Antibodies - (TPO), thyrotropin receptor antibodies (TRAbs) and thyroglobulin antibodies (TGAb).

Liver Profiles - AST/SGOT & ALT/SGPT
Special Protein Studies - C3 & C4
Serology - ANA Screen, Anti-ds DNA & Index
Lupus Screening & Pupus Anticoagulant
Anti-Cardiolipin 1GG & IGM screening

With my hyperthyroidism, my T4, TSH & TrAB were within Normal Range but my TGaB & one of the Anti-Cardiolipin indicator were slightly elevated. I wasn't in time to do my NK Cells tests but Dr Shiela mentioned that the prednisolone she prescribed me would be able to counter any minor NK cells within my body.

Given my T4, TSH results, any IVF dr will claim that I will have no issues with my thyroid antibodies and I am not at all surprise as IVF drs are reproductive endocrinologists and immunology is not their forte. Therefore I decide to follow on seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo who specializes in immunologic sub-fertility.

Yes I spoke to Dr Cheng on Endo scratch too and he gave the same reply too but with multiple implantation failures, try to suggest to him that you want to do the endo-scratch for the next round. I am sure he is pretty open with the endo-scratch or other FET protocols given your history.

Meanwhile stay positive... and press on ! ...

Last edited:

Thank you for all your info and Happy for you in your 3rd trimester!

The reason why I was wondering if the suppressing ovary approach suits me is becoz with the first doctor I saw, I only had to take oral tablets for the FET cycle and without any contraceptive pills before that. I had a low beta and it's almost gone before I knew it. But that vey first cycle I only transferred one 5CA blast and it sort of sticked. So comparing to the two FETs with Dr Cheng where I had 2 5AAs and 2 5BBs but none of the 4 implant at all, I can't keep wondering if his FET approach might not fit my body...

After the last cycle of failed FET, Dr Cheng intro me to Dr Koh to check for immune system stuff. And yes, like 5-6 tubes of blood were taken.....and my report was normal. But what I actually wanted to check was the NK cells? But Dr Koh said he doesn't do that and Dr Cheng at that time say it's not necessary to check it..I enquired about endo scratch too and he also said it was not scientific proven more appropriately no one know how is the best way to perform the scratch. I didn't insist anything as I was a lil scare of the idea of scratch my womb...so I went ahead with the current transfer without changing anything..

Btw, what is the indicator in your immune report showing the thyroid issue? Maybe I can check my number again if I had that item..

Catherine also intro me to check with Dr Zou or Dr Loh. I think I'll do that but Dr Zou is very far for me as I stay in the south..and Dr Loh is so packed her schedule, she asked me to queue in Tong Chi I havnt done yet a bit hesitated for the long morning queue and stuff...I'm thinking to see Dr Xia Rong at paragon, seems no need to queue with appointment, have anyone heard of her..?

I still have one good quality embryo left in MEFC, but I'm really doubltful to just go ahead for another FET coz I don't wanna waste it... :(

I am seeing Dr Loh GK at Tong Ji during weekdays and the wait is so much more manageable than seeing her on Saturdays at her private clinic. Another option is to see Dr Loh at Tong Ji on Saturday morning before she heads off to her private clinic.
Prior seeing Dr Loh, I took TCM herbs from Dr Zou but seems not so effective on me and after my doom 2nd cycle and I saw Dr Tan SB for a short period of time before I finally saw Dr Loh.

Yes I heard of Dr Xia Rong from EYS but most of my IVF mates are with the usual few popular TCMs...

Hi, does it help you in thickening your lining? I am looking at acupuncture to thicken my pathetic lining.

Apart from acupuncture, You can try to take any food which is nourishing for the blood like beef stock, red bean soup etc. I also had a friend who had coQ10 - Ubiquinol and it helped thicken her endo too.

I am seeing Dr Loh GK at Tong Ji during weekdays and the wait is so much more manageable than seeing her on Saturdays at her private clinic. Another option is to see Dr Loh at Tong Ji on Saturday morning before she heads off to her private clinic.
Prior seeing Dr Loh, I took TCM herbs from Dr Zou but seems not so effective on me and after my doom 2nd cycle and I saw Dr Tan SB for a short period of time before I finally saw Dr Loh.

Yes I heard of Dr Xia Rong from EYS but most of my IVF mates are with the usual few popular TCMs...

Thanks for your recommendation for Dr Shelia, I would love to arrange an appointment with her. Upon checking most of your listed items did not appear in my report with Dr Loh...it's silly but it's almost like I'd wanna find sth wrong with my immune system so I could look forward to a cure and a successful ivf... ^^"

Does any of your ivf mates done endo scratch before and got successful?

For Dr Loh, how's the queue for her at Tong Ji? I can go on weekdays so I'm thinking maybe the coming Monday morning..but I duno if I really needa be there at 7:30am... I saw Dr Tan SB for 3 times..didn't really feel too good she wasn't even looking at me at the Consultation...so I changed...

Thanks for all your words, I'll see what Dr Cheng say tmr, will try to stay calm xxx

Thanks for your recommendation for Dr Shelia, I would love to arrange an appointment with her. Upon checking most of your listed items did not appear in my report with Dr Loh...it's silly but it's almost like I'd wanna find sth wrong with my immune system so I could look forward to a cure and a successful ivf... ^^"

Does any of your ivf mates done endo scratch before and got successful?

For Dr Loh, how's the queue for her at Tong Ji? I can go on weekdays so I'm thinking maybe the coming Monday morning..but I duno if I really needa be there at 7:30am... I saw Dr Tan SB for 3 times..didn't really feel too good she wasn't even looking at me at the Consultation...so I changed...

Thanks for all your words, I'll see what Dr Cheng say tmr, will try to stay calm xxx

Oh yes , i did vitamin D deficiency test too.

Nothing to feel silly about ... at least if a problem creeps up in the immunity bloodworks, dr shiela should have a solution to counter the issue. Its more complex if The blood works turned out ok ... then probably PGD is the way to go...

Yes had a friend who had multiple implantation failures and recently she got part of her thyroid removed and also did endo scratch and she’s finally preggie. So it could be due to her thyroid or the endo scratch that made the difference.
So definitely no harm asking dr cheng to endo scratch for u.

I didnt have affinity with dr sb tan. Got scolded by her on one of consultations for taking red dates drink and i decided not to go back to her ever again.

I used to reach tongji at 7am to get the queue no so that i was the 1st or 2nd to see dr Loh. Now i will see her around 10am or afternoon and the wait is usually about max 30mins wait.
Dr Loh was the only tcm dr that helped me relieve from my chronic sinuses symptoms while on tcm fertility treatment too. None of the other tcm drs did that. After seeing dr loh, my endo lining thickened the quickest this time round as compared to my previous FETs.

If you find that your body constitution improves after seeing Dr Xia Rong, you may want to stick with her cos ultimately having chemistry with the right dr is v important too.

Last edited:
Hi sweetbaby_soul

I'm also a patient of Dr Cheng's.. since like maybe 2015? haha
Anyway just here to share my story as I am still a mom-to-be hopeful, and I feel for you.

Long story short, I did 4 IVFs with Dr Cheng, 2 BFNs and 2 BFPs but unfortunately both BFPs resulted in miscarriages in the last one year. Disheartened, i decided to find out why (although Dr Cheng didn't recommend to investigate excessively unless a third one happens.. but who can tolerate another such heartbreak?) Anyway, I went to see Dr Sheila Vasoo, and voila, I found out a few things abt my body - I have sticky blood, MTHFR gene mutation, and also Vit D deficiency. I still rmber i was struggling whether to feel happy to have found something(just like u!) but Dr Sheila assured me that i should be happy that I found something rather than to live with not knowing. And KNOWING MEANS THERE IS A CURE.

Anyway, here are the tests I've done, sharing them with u for ref. I drew 8 tubes of blood. Karyotyping is the expensive one, but it was a necc test for me as I had recurrent m/cs.

Lymphocyte Subset (TTSH)
25-OH Vitamin D
Thrombophilia screen
Anti-B2 Glycoprotein 1GG
Anti-B2 Clycoprotein 1GM
SLE Panel
Anti-ENA Panel
Anti-Nuclear AN (ANA)
MTHFR Genotyping (NUH)
Karyotyping

My suggestion is for u to describe yr scenario to Dr Vasoo, and she will then best decide which tests are suitable for you. I felt somewhat liberated after knowing my problem areas, and have been on meds ever since.

I'm still fighting the fight, slowing counting down the days to my next FET that feels really far away (in Mar 2018). I just finished 2 hyteroscopies to remove a fibroid in my womb cavity, and I've also just finished a fresh cycle with Dr Cheng (with quite good yield, thank God) in Oct.

Investigating and finding out more can definitely do no wrong. We owe it to ourselves to make the most informed decision and for us not to have regrets. Fighting!!

Pls feel free to ask more if u need! Jiayou and good luck for yr BT! It ain't over until the fat lady sings, so you never know! ;)

Last edited:
Hi sweetbaby_soul

Anyway just here to share my story as I am still a mom-to-be hopeful, and I feel for you.

Long story short, I did 4 IVFs with Dr Cheng, 2 BFNs and 2 BFPs but unfortunately both BFPs resulted in miscarriages in the last one year. Disheartened, i decided to find out why (although Dr Cheng didn't recommend to investigate excessively unless a third one happens.. but who can tolerate another such heartbreak?) Anyway, I went to see Dr Sheila Vasoo, and voila, I found out a few things abt my body - I have sticky blood, MTHFR gene mutation, and also Vit D deficiency. I still rmber i was struggling whether to feel happy to have found something(just like u!) but Dr Sheila assured me that i should be happy that I found something rather than to live with not knowing. And KNOWING MEANS THERE IS A CURE.

Anyway, here are the tests I've done, sharing them with u for ref. I drew 8 tubes of blood. Karyotyping is the expensive one, but it was a necc test for me as I had recurrent m/cs.

Lymphocyte Subset (TTSH)
25-OH Vitamin D
Thrombophilia screen
Anti-B2 Glycoprotein 1GG
Anti-B2 Clycoprotein 1GM
SLE Panel
Anti-ENA Panel
Anti-Nuclear AN (ANA)
MTHFR Genotyping (NUH)
Karyotyping

My suggestion is for u to describe yr scenario to Dr Vasoo, and she will then best decide which tests are suitable for you. I felt somewhat liberated after knowing my problem areas, and have been on meds ever since.

I'm still fighting the fight, slowing counting down the days to my next FET that feels really far away (in Mar 2018). I just finished 2 hyteroscopies to remove a fibroid in my womb cavity, and I've also just finished a fresh cycle with Dr Cheng (with quite good yield, thank God) in Oct.

Investigating and finding out more can definitely do no wrong. We owe it to ourselves to make the most informed decision and for us not to have regrets. Fighting!!

Pls feel free to ask more if u need! Jiayou and good luck for yr BT! It ain't over until the fat lady sings, so you never know! ;)

Hi finesse9702,

Thanks for sharing your journey, I just had my blood test report and it's a BFN :( well..I didn't cry out loud (yet..) as I've prepared myself for this...

Has it ever come across your mind to change Dr after your 1st 2 BFN..? Do u mind sharing..wht changes after the 1st two round so 3rd and 4th got u BFP? Im sorry about the miscarriages but at least it's rest assure that u can implant. I like Dr Cheng and everyone but sometimes I just feel like changing some part of the puzzle might work magic somehow...but MEFT lab to me works better than my last one coz seems they were able to cultivate better embryos for me..

Saw Dr Shiela and she ordered some tests done for me next week during my menses. Hai...the meeting with Dr Cheng..they were disapppinted as well and he tried to ans every question I had i appreciate that, and the suggestion was to rest for a while, more for mental recovery than physical, and do the last embryo transfer in Jan, on a natural cycle. I just learnt that all the hormone pills might have effect on causing breast cancer which worries me even more...

I hope everything work well for u in Mar! It's your time! :)

Last edited:
Hi finesse9702,

Thanks for sharing your journey, I just had my blood test report and it's a BFN :( well..I didn't cry out loud (yet..) as I've prepared myself for this...

Has it ever come across your mind to change Dr after your 1st 2 BFN..? Do u mind sharing..wht changes after the 1st two round so 3rd and 4th got u BFP? Im sorry about the miscarriages but at least it's rest assure that u can implant. I like Dr Cheng and everyone but sometimes I just feel like changing some part of the puzzle might work magic somehow...but MEFT lab to me works better than my last one coz seems they were able to cultivate better embryos for me..

Saw Dr Shiela and she ordered some tests done for me next week during my menses. Hai...the meeting with Dr Cheng..they were disapppinted as well and he tried to ans every question I had i appreciate that, and the suggestion was to rest for a while, more for mental recovery than physical, and do the last embryo transfer in Jan, on a natural cycle. I just learnt that all the hormone pills might have effect on causing breast cancer which worries me even more...

I hope everything work well for u in Mar! It's your time! :)

Sweet_babysoul,
Hugs !... dont rush into your next FET and make sure that you are mentally and physically prepared.

I did 3 fresh cycles and 3 fets with dr cheng of which 1 fresh cycle and 2 FETs were with TFC. many of my frozen embryos did not make it after thaw. None of my frozen embryos ever made it passed Day4. Its was such a daunting experience then.

My 2nd cycle was with MEFC but landed up with a poor quality blastocyst and i did not proceed to transfer.

Subsequently dr cheng tweaked my stims protocol and my last fresh cycle i got 4 good quality blastocysts. iVF is a trial and error treatment but dr cheng is pretty open to tweaking our protocols and careful in terms of monitoring us during ivf cycle and he is skillful in ER & ET.

Having used the other lab, i appreciate how a good lab + good & skillful ivf Dr + some of us who needs other interventions make up the BFP equation.

Yes i was concern on the adverse effects of progynova and i did asked my tcm dr before and she said for short term consumption it should be ok. Did dr cheng raise his concerns on consumption of progynova too ?

i also read that you had raspberry tea to boost ur lining. Tea leaves are quite “cooling in nature and if you had decided to see tcm this time round, let ur tcm help in your lining growth.

Meanwhile press on and hopefully there are some conclusions drawn after doing the immunology blood-works with Dr Shiela.

Last edited:
Hi sweetbaby_soul

Lymphocyte Subset (TTSH)
25-OH Vitamin D
Thrombophilia screen
Anti-B2 Glycoprotein 1GG
Anti-B2 Clycoprotein 1GM
SLE Panel
Anti-ENA Panel
Anti-Nuclear AN (ANA)
MTHFR Genotyping (NUH)
Karyotyping

finesse9702, :)
Have a speedy recovery and you are under the good hands of dr shiela and with dr cheng’s magic hands, this upcoming Mar18 fet will be the cycle.

Last edited:
Hi sweet_babysoul
Sorry for your BFN. I remember that I cried with my hubby after our second failed try. But becoz of that, I was also extra determined to make things work for the 3rd time.

I changed my lifestyle entirely - really saw my TCM religiously twice a week with acupuncture, I slept at 11am, I wore long pants and socks to sleep, and I started drinking brewed red date tea everyday, with red bean soup on alternate days. I rmber I drank chicken soup or essence of chicken during the weekends too. I also soaked my feet in warm water on alternate nights, to warm my body and my womb. Maybe some of these efforts paid off, I'm also not sure. But I was v determined to make it work and I made all these changes.

Didn't think of changing doc then coz Dr Cheng is still a v good doc, and his fertility lab and the embryologist is really a v good and skilled one.

I think the suggestion to rest a bit is a good one :) Take time to tiao your body more, stop drinking cold water and try to sleep early. I think it all makes a difference. If you make changes to your body, there is no way that your body doesnt get the signals from you, right? (at least this is how i trained myself to think, between second and third IVF... and it worked!)

Meanwhile, i also pray for u that you have some outcomes from seeing Dr Vasoo. Meanwhile take care, rest well and if you wanna talk more, u can always text me at 97410460 ;)

Thank you ladies..you guys really warm my heart! I thought I was more prepared this time but in the end I cried myself out the whole afternoon and evening...my husband told me he strongly believes our day will come and so shd I..!!

Dr Cheng mentioned that the progynova might cause breast cancer (maybe not in those words exactly my mind was all over the place..), that adds to my worries coz I had a tiny benign in my breast..it's like could I have some mercy on the journey and finger cross nth go worse from now on please..

But anyways, I'll take all your tips on board, and continue the fight....!

Hugs and kisses to all of you xoxoxoxo

Thank you ladies..you guys really warm my heart! I thought I was more prepared this time but in the end I cried myself out the whole afternoon and evening...my husband told me he strongly believes our day will come and so shd I..!!

Dr Cheng mentioned that the progynova might cause breast cancer (maybe not in those words exactly my mind was all over the place..), that adds to my worries coz I had a tiny benign in my breast..it's like could I have some mercy on the journey and finger cross nth go worse from now on please..

But anyways, I'll take all your tips on board, and continue the fight....!

Hugs and kisses to all of you xoxoxoxo

Sweet_babysoul,
Urgh! ... I had max-dose of progynovas during the first couple of weeks of my pregnancy.
Its making me a little jittery now.

Should you need any advises just drop me a PM or shout for me at this thread.

Meanwhile take care & have positive vibes that you will carry your baby soon.

Last edited:
Sweet_babysoul,
Urgh! ... I had max-dose of progynovas during the first couple of weeks of my pregnancy.
Its making me a little jittery now.

Should you need any advises just drop me a PM or shout for me at this thread.

Meanwhile take care & have positive vibes that you will carry your baby soon.

Well it's a give and take I guess..worrying abt the side effect of pills vs achieving and sustaining a preganncy..for me or for us(?) the latter seems to be our final goal rite ☺ and...u've aldy been thr the roller coaster ride now so I'm sure everything will be fine with you and enjoy the rest of the journey! Can't wait for my turn to experience it...

Nevertheless, u can do a scan or breast ultrasound just for regular checks? I actually found out my thingy on my annual body check before I've started anything of my ivf journey. And with that in the back of my mind always thinking maybe I shouldn't "po" or "tiao" my body too much coz all those stuff helps growing whatever it is inside your body...and also the saizen jap? I wanted to use it but got rejected by Dr Cheng but if I'm goin for another stimulation maybe I should. Another IVF doc told me even use Saizen the dosage is not big enough to trigger or worsen anything in your body..that's one saying..

I'm thinking to go to Dr Loh on Monday! First time, so I'll try to arrive there ard 7:30am and is it easy to spot the queue? I remember she said level 3 but I don't really understand what exactly she meant coz my mandarin wasn't too good..is level 3 where the specialist clinic is?

Well it's a give and take I guess..worrying abt the side effect of pills vs achieving and sustaining a preganncy..for me or for us(?) the latter seems to be our final goal rite ☺ and...u've aldy been thr the roller coaster ride now so I'm sure everything will be fine with you and enjoy the rest of the journey! Can't wait for my turn to experience it...

Nevertheless, u can do a scan or breast ultrasound just for regular checks? I actually found out my thingy on my annual body check before I've started anything of my ivf journey. And with that in the back of my mind always thinking maybe I shouldn't "po" or "tiao" my body too much coz all those stuff helps growing whatever it is inside your body...and also the saizen jap? I wanted to use it but got rejected by Dr Cheng but if I'm goin for another stimulation maybe I should. Another IVF doc told me even use Saizen the dosage is not big enough to trigger or worsen anything in your body..that's one saying..

I'm thinking to go to Dr Loh on Monday! First time, so I'll try to arrive there ard 7:30am and is it easy to spot the queue? I remember she said level 3 but I don't really understand what exactly she meant coz my mandarin wasn't too good..is level 3 where the specialist clinic is?

Yes yes... I will talk to Dr Cheng after I pop to see what can be done to rest my ovaries after all the stressful IVF stimulations I had done in 2016.

Dr Cheng added Saizen & Pergoveris on top of GonalF for my last fresh cycle where I had the few precious good quality of blasts. I had thyroid nodals and it seemed to have grown a little after my stims but my endocrine said ok and continue to monitor.

When you reached TongJi, there is a registration counter at Lvl1. Take an initial queue no. for your turn.
Tell them you want to see Dr Loh KG (Rm 39). Afterwhich they will give you the actual queue no. & head up to Lvl 2 where
Dr Loh's clinic is there. She's a relatively soft spoken dr & with her mask on ... so i really need to pay attention to what she says... Also do bring all your bloodworks reports and she will only dispense herbs upon seeing your liver profile blood works.

At times she's out of clinic ... i m seeing her later and will just ask her availability for next week. Will update u if she's out.

Yes yes... I will talk to Dr Cheng after I pop to see what can be done to rest my ovaries after all the stressful IVF stimulations I had done in 2016.

Dr Cheng added Saizen & Pergoveris on top of GonalF for my last fresh cycle where I had the few precious good quality of blasts. I had thyroid nodals and it seemed to have grown a little after my stims but my endocrine said ok and continue to monitor.

When you reached TongJi, there is a registration counter at Lvl1. Take an initial queue no. for your turn.
Tell them you want to see Dr Loh KG (Rm 39). Afterwhich they will give you the actual queue no. & head up to Lvl 2 where
Dr Loh's clinic is there. She's a relatively soft spoken dr & with her mask on ... so i really need to pay attention to what she says... Also do bring all your bloodworks reports and she will only dispense herbs upon seeing your liver profile blood works.

At times she's out of clinic ... i m seeing her later and will just ask her availability for next week. Will update u if she's out.

Oh great, that'd be helpful if you could keep me posted...coz I didn't really hear her clearly so I'm 50/50 whether she'll be in the clinic next Monday or not..and thanks for the info! I'll take note when I reach Tong Ji

Side question..I'm quite disapppted at the rate of my embryos who're able to turn to blasts for freezing. I got quite a number of eggs and good fertilisation rate but both times only 2 and 4 made it to blast. The second time Lai Cheng told me a lot of my embryos were without ICM or with very poor ICM, which is not common...but she hasn't enlighten me any further...have u heard abt that before..? Or maybe I shd focus on improving my egg quality...

Oh great, that'd be helpful if you could keep me posted...coz I didn't really hear her clearly so I'm 50/50 whether she'll be in the clinic next Monday or not..and thanks for the info! I'll take note when I reach Tong Ji

Side question..I'm quite disapppted at the rate of my embryos who're able to turn to blasts for freezing. I got quite a number of eggs and good fertilisation rate but both times only 2 and 4 made it to blast. The second time Lai Cheng told me a lot of my embryos were without ICM or with very poor ICM, which is not common...but she hasn't enlighten me any further...have u heard abt that before..? Or maybe I shd focus on improving my egg quality...

is either sperm or egg quality? how ur hubby sperm moblity & morphorology?

If your concern is overdosage, then u will probably want to google whats our daily recommended dosage and decide what to take. Else what are your other considerations ??
I went to Guardian and about to buy blackmore conceive well, then I realized it contains EPA, as I am taking Aspirins, my Dr asked me not to take EPA.

Currently I am taking Vitamin E 200IUI, Folic 400mg, Cardiprin 100, Ubinquinol 100 (i took 200 and became very fatigue)

Hi ladies, I'm new to this thread, hope you all doing well

I'm with Dr Cheng and had done 2 FETs with him, first time transferred 2 5AA embryos none stick, second time transferred 2 5BB embryos and tmr will be my blood test...anyways, been doing home pregnancy tests this time and all negative..I guess at least I won't be as shocked as the first time when I heard I'm sorry from Dr Cheng..

I've been seeing TCM Tan Kian Sing during egg retrieval and first FET, I duno if his accupunture has helped or not, but doesn't seem that way for preparing my lining. The second FET this time I didn't see any TCM at all I got even better lining. But anyhow...it's still not working for me..

I've aldy done another cycle with another doc before dr Cheng and ended up with a chemical pregnancy, but now thinking back, chemical pregnancy is at least a better result than non implantation at all?? Sometimes I do feel like Dr Cheng approach to put me on lucrin suppressing my ovaries might be too much for me so ended up 2 big negatives...
Why Dr has to put you on Lucrin tp suppress your ovaries?

I am also seeing Dr Tan TCM. I understand the medication that he gave after ovulation is for the lining.

Hi need to Call Tongji to check whether Dr Loh will be in?
What is ICM?

Yes.. please do not go ahead with transferring your last blastocyst without establishing the root cause for the past failures.
Its heart wrenching to go through cycle after cycle without knowing the exact reason for the failures.

After going through rough patches for my ttcing journey since 2010, i have learnt to take more control over my recent ivf cyles as I am no longer young. dr cheng is definitely open to discussions on your suggestions.

Dr Cheng also recommended me Dr Koh from Mt E Orchard too. I saw Dr Koh for my acute Rheumatism a few years ago but I had my reservations when I saw him this time round.
I had a friend with Lupus and she recommended me Dr Shiela Vasoo who got her pregnant. I subsequently went to Dr Shiela and introduced another friend of mine with Dr Cheng to Dr Shiela and she got pregnant with twins under the care of Dr Shiela too.

Below are the tests which I did with Dr Sheila :-

Thyriod - T4, TSH, Thyroid peroxidase Antibodies - (TPO), thyrotropin receptor antibodies (TRAbs) and thyroglobulin antibodies (TGAb).

Liver Profiles - AST/SGOT & ALT/SGPT
Special Protein Studies - C3 & C4
Serology - ANA Screen, Anti-ds DNA & Index
Lupus Screening & Pupus Anticoagulant
Anti-Cardiolipin 1GG & IGM screening

With my hyperthyroidism, my T4, TSH & TrAB were within Normal Range but my TGaB & one of the Anti-Cardiolipin indicator were slightly elevated. I wasn't in time to do my NK Cells tests but Dr Shiela mentioned that the prednisolone she prescribed me would be able to counter any minor NK cells within my body.

Given my T4, TSH results, any IVF dr will claim that I will have no issues with my thyroid antibodies and I am not at all surprise as IVF drs are reproductive endocrinologists and immunology is not their forte. Therefore I decide to follow on seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo who specializes in immunologic sub-fertility.

Yes I spoke to Dr Cheng on Endo scratch too and he gave the same reply too but with multiple implantation failures, try to suggest to him that you want to do the endo-scratch for the next round. I am sure he is pretty open with the endo-scratch or other FET protocols given your history.

Meanwhile stay positive... and press on ! ...

I do not have Thyroid problem, do i need to go for a check up as well?

Oh yes , i did vitamin D deficiency test too.

Nothing to feel silly about ... at least if a problem creeps up in the immunity bloodworks, dr shiela should have a solution to counter the issue. Its more complex if The blood works turned out ok ... then probably PGD is the way to go...

Yes had a friend who had multiple implantation failures and recently she got part of her thyroid removed and also did endo scratch and she’s finally preggie. So it could be due to her thyroid or the endo scratch that made the difference.
So definitely no harm asking dr cheng to endo scratch for u.

I didnt have affinity with dr sb tan. Got scolded by her on one of consultations for taking red dates drink and i decided not to go back to her ever again.

I used to reach tongji at 7am to get the queue no so that i was the 1st or 2nd to see dr Loh. Now i will see her around 10am or afternoon and the wait is usually about max 30mins wait.
Dr Loh was the only tcm dr that helped me relieve from my chronic sinuses symptoms while on tcm fertility treatment too. None of the other tcm drs did that. After seeing dr loh, my endo lining thickened the quickest this time round as compared to my previous FETs.

If you find that your body constitution improves after seeing Dr Xia Rong, you may want to stick with her cos ultimately having chemistry with the right dr is v important too.
Where can I go for vitamin D deficiency test ?
Why she scolded u for taking red dates tea?

Hi sweetbaby_soul

Lymphocyte Subset (TTSH)
25-OH Vitamin D
Thrombophilia screen
Anti-B2 Glycoprotein 1GG
Anti-B2 Clycoprotein 1GM
SLE Panel
Anti-ENA Panel
Anti-Nuclear AN (ANA)
MTHFR Genotyping (NUH)
Karyotyping

Hi finesse9702,

I am also an patient with Dr Cheng, I had 2 small folliciles 3mm,4mm after Day 6 hence my IVF was abandon.
I also agreed with you that to do a thorough check is better first is better to through failed IVF for so many times.

I wonder would it be benefit for me to do

I do not have Thyroid problem, do i need to go for a check up with Dr Sheila Vasoo as well?

Hi sweet babysoul,
I saw the doctors out of clinic board at the registration counter at lvl 1 and it seems dr loh is out of clinic on 18Nov17.

For my 2 fresh cycle, i had 30 follicles but was left with a 4CB blast after 6 days. the ICM was C , i was skeptical that the embryo can make it or worse case implant and then causes MC at a later stage.

So i decided to go for a last shot and i was so determined to make any adjustments which can help improve my egg quality.

i took coQ10 - ubiquinol as well as swap tcm and also engage in a healthy lifestyle before my last stims.

Dr cheng also added saizen and pegoveris for my last stims and i Had 60+ follicles of which 47 were used to fertilize but as each day passed the knock out rate was just depressing (especially after but i am grateful to have 4 good ones to freeze and this baby that got stuck was a 6AA during ET. So whats more important is to get good quality blasts than having many lousy ones.

You may want to considering reading this book from amazon which i personally thought was a good read.

af4ab710229ee77a2df569868c695bf1.jpg

is either sperm or egg quality? how ur hubby sperm moblity & morphorology?

my husband morphology is poor, so as it's mobility. That's why we stared with our IVF as doctors said IVF and ICSI could overcome those issues..and then after the first IVF I learnt that my eggs are not good too? Hai.....

my husband morphology is poor, so as it's mobility. That's why we stared with our IVF as doctors said IVF and ICSI could overcome those issues..and then after the first IVF I learnt that my eggs are not good too? Hai.....

my hubby issue same as you, both morphology and mobility is poor, morphology is 0%, my tcm say with this type of result go ivf sure fail.... cos the sperm is not good enough even though is fertilise with egg.

ICSI can only help in choosing the fast moving sperm by naked eyes, it doesnt guarantee the sperm is good a not

Last edited:
Where can I go for vitamin D deficiency test ?
Why she scolded u for taking red dates tea?

dKCH

All the immunology tests are done at dr shiela vasoo’s clinic. Just go to her and relate to her which stage of ivf and our individual medical history and she knows what tests to run for us.

Hi sweet babysoul,
I saw the doctors out of clinic board at the registration counter at lvl 1 and it seems dr loh is out of clinic on 18Nov17.

For my 2 fresh cycle, i had 30 follicles but was left with a 4CB blast after 6 days. the ICM was C , i was skeptical that the embryo can make it or worse case implant and then causes MC at a later stage.

So i decided to go for a last shot and i was so determined to make any adjustments which can help improve my egg quality.

i took coQ10 - ubiquinol as well as swap tcm and also engage in a healthy lifestyle before my last stims.

Dr cheng also added saizen and pegoveris for my last stims and i Had 60+ follicles of which 47 were used to fertilize but as each day passed the knock out rate was just depressing (especially after but i am grateful to have 4 good ones to freeze and this baby that got stuck was a 6AA during ET. So whats more important is to get good quality blasts than having many lousy ones.

You may want to considering reading this book from amazon which i personally thought was a good read.

af4ab710229ee77a2df569868c695bf1.jpg

Thanks for the info, so I'll go see Dr Loh on Mon!

U had 30 and 60+ follicles for your cycles?? Wow! Did u have OHSS?

Maybe I shd really consider saizen..I always wanted to try..I mean might as well since I aldy had 3 failed cycles Did Lai Cheng or anyone explained to u or sort of trying to conclude what could be the reason for 47 to 4? But I do get ur point, if one stick like what u had, it's more than enough! I'm just wondering if saizen or other stuff could actually helps anything chromosonally...I mean I had had AAs put in and did not work, so to me even the grading is definitely not everythjng...

Btw, how many eggs did u put each time? I think after 3 falliures I might even be granted to put 3 in ...? If I had that many to use

thanks for the book recommendation, I'll try to buy it online. I guess the coming 2 months I'll try hard to improve whtever I can improve and see what I shd do in Jan...

I went to Guardian and about to buy blackmore conceive well, then I realized it contains EPA, as I am taking Aspirins, my Dr asked me not to take EPA.

Currently I am taking Vitamin E 200IUI, Folic 400mg, Cardiprin 100, Ubinquinol 100 (i took 200 and became very fatigue)

I been taking Blackmore conceive well too, and I'm also prescribe aisprin. But I didn't know that can't be taken tgt becoz of EPA? Dr Cheng didn't tell me to stop any of my current supplements...but I couldn't recall if I'd told him im on conceive well....

my hubby issue same as you, both morphology and mobility is poor, morphology is 0%, my tcm say with this type of result go ivf sure fail.... cos the sperm is not good enough even though is fertilise with egg.

ICSI can only help in choosing the fast moving sperm by naked eyes, it doesnt guarantee the sperm is good a not

I remember Dr Tan told me the same, but after seeing him for a few months seems my husband stuff improved a bit. But it's just that he has no time to wait during weekdays and lazy to go on weekend for the accupunture so he hasn't continued accupunture but only the supplements Dr Tan gave..

But sth still confusing me, coz apparently I had good fertilisation rate, previous Doc and Dr Cheng also sort of implied that the most important job for the sperm is to fertilise an egg..but somehow I recall Lai Cheng told me sth else, if I'm not wrong, she said sth like day 0-3 of the embryo development is more dependent on the egg quality while post day 3 development lies more on the sperm quality...so I mean sperm quality actually matters for the embryo development into a blast? And sperms aren't just for fertilising an egg...any idea on that..?

I remember Dr Tan told me the same, but after seeing him for a few months seems my husband stuff improved a bit. But it's just that he has no time to wait during weekdays and lazy to go on weekend for the accupunture so he hasn't continued accupunture but only the supplements Dr Tan gave..

But sth still confusing me, coz apparently I had good fertilisation rate, previous Doc and Dr Cheng also sort of implied that the most important job for the sperm is to fertilise an egg..but somehow I recall Lai Cheng told me sth else, if I'm not wrong, she said sth like day 0-3 of the embryo development is more dependent on the egg quality while post day 3 development lies more on the sperm quality...hav u heard of that?

no i didnt hear of that before, all i know is egg and sperm join together, whether the embryos can continue to grow anot is not within our control, but we hope to change the egg & sperm quality by going tcm, eat healthy, exercise. Below which is read,

Reasons Eggs Fail to Fertilize
Assuming the reason behind failed fertilization after ICSI is not a technical one, there are a few factors that could explain the lack of fertilization:

• The egg may not have survived after the injection. This could occur if the eggs are post-mature or if they have just matured prior to ICSI. It could also indicate poor egg quality.
  • The sperm head may not have decondensed, which would cause failed fertilization due to the DNA of the sperm remaining ‘locked’ in the sperm head. This would cause failed fertilization or abnormal fertilization.
  • The egg may not have been activated and didn’t participate in the intracellular steps of fertilization. Failure of egg activation is one of the most common reasons for failed fertilization after ICSI.
To reply ur question, yes sperm quality is important regards ivf or icsi. for egg quality, can try saizen for ur next fresh as i heard it use to improve egg quality

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, so I'll go see Dr Loh on Mon!

U had 30 and 60+ follicles for your cycles?? Wow! Did u have OHSS?

Maybe I shd really consider saizen..I always wanted to try..I mean might as well since I aldy had 3 failed cycles Did Lai Cheng or anyone explained to u or sort of trying to conclude what could be the reason for 47 to 4? But I do get ur point, if one stick like what u had, it's more than enough! I'm just wondering if saizen or other stuff could actually helps anything chromosonally...I mean I had had AAs put in and did not work, so to me even the grading is definitely not everythjng...

Btw, how many eggs did u put each time? I think after 3 falliures I might even be granted to put 3 in ...? If I had that many to use

thanks for the book recommendation, I'll try to buy it online. I guess the coming 2 months I'll try hard to improve whtever I can improve and see what I shd do in Jan...

I didn't know I have PCOS and my egg quality was bad until I embarked IVF journey.
1st Stim in 2010 - I had 60+ follicles, froze 15 D2 embryos.
1st FET - Transferred 3X D3 embryos and I got a BFP with a singleton.
2nd FET - Used my frosties in 2010 and got a BFN with 2X D3 embryos.
2 Stims in Jul2016 - Had 30 follicles and landed up with a 4CB blasto.
3 Stims in Oct 2016 - Again overstimulated with 60+ follicles and this time round i believed the changes I made in my lifestyle as well as the change of stims meds made the big difference.
3 FET - Did a Single embryo transfer and it worked out again.

Dr Cheng had always used Lucrin for my trigger shot and I thankfully I did not had OHSS.

I brought my embryos fotos from my 1st stims and showed Lai Cheng and she immediately concluded that my egg quality was bad even when I was 6 yrs younger and that was the key reason why I could not conceive naturally. Now I am 6 years older... so the quality even deteriorated further.

Did you asked Dr if he is ok to do endo-scratch for you ?

Last edited:
I been taking Blackmore conceive well too, and I'm also prescribe aisprin. But I didn't know that can't be taken tgt becoz of EPA? Dr Cheng didn't tell me to stop any of my current supplements...but I couldn't recall if I'd told him im on conceive well....

hmm he may not know what is the content of Blackmore conceive well?

I last text his assistant whether could take vitamin E and Omega (Krill) because both have blood thinner effect, he reply said exclude the EPA because it has the same activity with aspirin. he said vitamin E is okay

Aspirin has blood thinning effect and its purpose is for better blood circulation. EPA also has the same effect as aspirin but the dosage of EPA in Conceive well is just only 25mg which is not v significant.

The key concern here is if we have overdose of blood thinning supplements, it may trigger or promote spotting/bleeding after ET or after BFP so it becomes a double edge sword.

dKCH

All the immunology tests are done at dr shiela vasoo’s clinic. Just go to her and relate to her which stage of ivf and our individual medical history and she knows what tests to run for us.
Ya, maybe i should see her after the next cycle. because need to draw a lot of blood?

Dr said already gave me Pergoveris 150IU and GonalF 300 IU, which is the max dosage.
Wonder what he will propose this time.

And he will be on leave from 11 Dec to 24 Dec, that almost means I will miss 1 month of chance.
Wonder is it possible to have a replacement Dr?

Last edited:
Aspirin has blood thinning effect and its purpose is for better blood circulation. EPA also has the same effect as aspirin but the dosage of EPA in Conceive well is just only 25mg which is not v significant.

The key concern here is if we have overdose of blood thinning supplements, it may trigger or promote spotting/bleeding after ET or after BFP so it becomes a double edge sword.

He mentioned to me before that aspirin 100 will help blood circulation, any amount more than 100, will have the reverse effect.
Maybe that's why he doeasnt want me to take EPA.

hmm he may not know what is the content of Blackmore conceive well?

I last text his assistant whether could take vitamin E and Omega (Krill) because both have blood thinner effect, he reply said exclude the EPA because it has the same activity with aspirin. he said vitamin E is okay

Dkch,
Sorry if i am ill-informed, may i Ask the benefits of Vit E for those of us under going IVF ?

Apart from folic acid, Vit D is another recommended vitamin to be consumed for those trying to conceive.

Basically Dr Cheng gave me aisprin day 1 I see him, I wonder do u needa know if someone need blood thinner first or it doesn't matter coz it must help..?

But my second FET my mensus was super overwhelmed on day 4 out of nowhere and I ended up in A&E to make sure everything was alrite. This cycle I had a slip in my bathroom before the transfer..silly me..and boom, 4 big pieces of bruises on my leg and they are just begin to go away now

I stopped my aisprin now coz I'm not goin for anything in the coming months...

He mentioned to me before that aspirin 100 will help blood circulation, any amount more than 100, will have the reverse effect.
Maybe that's why he doeasnt want me to take EPA.

What would be the adverse effect? Like the blood will get thicker..?

Basically Dr Cheng gave me aisprin day 1 I see him, I wonder do u needa know if someone need blood thinner first or it doesn't matter coz it must help..?

But my second FET my mensus was super overwhelmed on day 4 out of nowhere and I ended up in A&E to make sure everything was alrite. This cycle I had a slip in my bathroom before the transfer..silly me..and boom, 4 big pieces of bruises on my leg and they are just begin to go away now

I stopped my aisprin now coz I'm not goin for anything in the coming months...

Ouch ... must be a nasty fall & why u had very heavy menses ? I would have postpone the ET because of the fall ... did the menses affected ur lining growth ?

Guess the right amount of aspirin will usually benefit than cause harm unless we have some pre-existing medical condition or we started spotting after ET then we should avoid aspirin.

For me, i was on aspirin for 4 months prior my FET this yr. For my immunology condition, dr shiela also recommended that I start aspirin at least a month before my ET.

But after my ET it was a complete different episode. i started spotting immediately after ET and it aggravated to passing out clots even before my BT (thats another dramatic story). I thought it was a BFN !!!

After which Dr Cheng told me to immediately stop my aspirin or any supplements with EPA.
I also stopped dr loh GK’s herbs in fear that they may have blood thinning effect.

Ouch ... must be a nasty fall & why u had very heavy menses ? I would have postpone the ET because of the fall ... did the menses affected ur lining growth ?

Guess the right amount of aspirin will usually benefit than cause harm unless we have some pre-existing medical condition or we started spotting after ET then we should avoid aspirin.

For me, i was on aspirin for 4 months prior my FET this yr. For my immunology condition, dr shiela also recommended that I start aspirin at least a month before my ET.

But after my ET it was a complete different episode. i started spotting immediately after ET and it aggravated to passing out clots even before my BT (thats another dramatic story). I thought it was a BFN !!!

After which Dr Cheng told me to immediately stop my aspirin or any supplements with EPA.
I also stopped dr loh GK’s herbs in fear that they may have blood thinning effect.

I want really a bad fall I just slipped stepping into the bathtub that's why I was surprised the next day when I saw so much bruise...I'm guessing it's the aisprin..

I didn't know anything abt EPA so I been taking both Blackmore conceive well and the 100mg aisprin daily...

Coz following the menses that time was another few weeks of contraceptive pills, so I didn't do any scan for the lining on that month but I definitely recall my period after the contraption bills came only for a day or two..which is quite little accordingly to my usual period

So definitely your baby is a strong and powerful one! After all the drama still stick very tight, good job!

Can I ask you, from your experience, what's the most important (or maybe by gut feeling.. ) the must-do or winner for a successful FET...? I'm still in the mist trying to figure out what's wrong with mine or maybe there's sth I havnt done enough...

I took aspirin (100mg) and conceive well (with EPA 25mg) daily. I usually just take the supplements after reading and googling and would only ask dr cheng if i was uncertain else would just take them without his knowledge :) but for any western medication, i was more Kiasu and would get his approval. Maybe you can sound out him or Catherine out if that 25mg extra of EPA will cause any adverse effects ?

Heres my notes taken for my past 3 FETs. Guess there is no golden formulae for me as i omitted some of the items btw my FETs after knowing my body’s constitution.

Having good grades embryos is already half the battle won ... next is to make sure our body is in good condition (right state of mind, any immunology issues should be well addressed ) and our womb is kept warm And in tip top condition (go for endo scratch for ur case)

Eat healthily(no caffeine, high proteins food etc) and be happy so that our womb is a well fertilized bed of happy soil to receive our embryos :)

This may sound totally silly and absurd, but i need to confess that i also “spoke” to my embryos prior and after transfer as it gave me positive vibes that the little embryo would be the one.

FET PREPARATION
1. Conceive well
2. Keep womb warm by applying a warm heat pad every-night when i sleep. (Be careful not to burn urself)
3. Wear socks and long pants when i sleep.
4. Chicken Essence (drink on alternate days)
5. 2 cups of Warm Red Dates drink (drink daily)
6. Red bean Soup (start only during endo lining growth and take on alternate days but if ur endo grows v well type then omit this. Beef stock is another recommended soup by dr zou as its high in proteins and nourishes our blood )
7. Brazil nuts (start a few days before ET)
8. TCM herbs
9. 2X/week Acupuncture and once dr cheng declared lining is ready , increase frequency to every alternate day till the day before ET.

POST ET
- conceive well
- Chicken essence
- Brazil nuts
- A few seeds of Durians during potential implantation period
- TCM herbs

After seeing dr loh for this fet, i omitted no4 to 6 and also durians as my body got too heaty.

FYI. Dr Loh herbs were pretty “potent” and it took her awhile to get the right formula that worked for me and my mates also encountered the same with her.

Hope these helps in your next FET

Last edited:
I took aspirin (100mg) and conceive well (with EPA 25mg) daily. I usually just take the supplements after reading and googling and would only ask dr cheng if i was uncertain else would just take them without his knowledge :) but for any western medication, i was more Kiasu and would get his approval. Maybe you can sound out him or Catherine out if that 25mg extra of EPA will cause any adverse effects ?

Heres my notes taken for my past 3 FETs. Guess there is no golden formulae for me as i omitted some of the items btw my FETs after knowing my body’s constitution.

Having good grades embryos is already half the battle won ... next is to make sure our body is in good condition (right state of mind, any immunology issues should be well addressed ) and our womb is kept warm And in tip top condition (go for endo scratch for ur case)

Eat healthily(no caffeine, high proteins food etc) and be happy so that our womb is a well fertilized bed of happy soil to receive our embryos :)

This may sound totally silly and absurd, but i need to confess that i also “spoke” to my embryos prior and after transfer as it gave me positive vibes that the little embryo would be the one.

FET PREPARATION
1. Conceive well
2. Keep womb warm by applying a warm heat pad every-night when i sleep. (Be careful not to burn urself)
3. Wear socks and long pants when i sleep.
4. Chicken Essence (drink on alternate days)
5. 2 cups of Warm Red Dates drink (drink daily)
6. Red bean Soup (start only during endo lining growth and take on alternate days but if ur endo grows v well type then omit this. Beef stock is another recommended soup by dr zou as its high in proteins and nourishes our blood )
7. Brazil nuts (start a few days before ET)
8. TCM herbs
9. 2X/week Acupuncture and once dr cheng declared lining is ready , increase frequency to every alternate day till the day before ET.

POST ET
- conceive well
- Chicken essence
- Brazil nuts
- A few seeds of Durians during potential implantation period
- TCM herbs

After seeing dr loh for this fet, i omitted no4 to 6 and also durians as my body got too heaty.

FYI. Dr Loh herbs were pretty “potent” and it took her awhile to get the right formula that worked for me and my mates also encountered the same with her.

Hope these helps in your next FET

Thank you so much for the detailed info!! Will definitely do as much as I can and hopefully get a successful round

For all the preparation work for FET, shall I start now or only the month for the FET? I'll try to focus on a fertility diet but like the heat pack socks and long pants, do you do that too for months not goin for treatment?

I was reading from the internet abt a dairy free diet, never thought abt that but it could've possible I'm one of those allergic to lactose or casein sensitive..? I think I can only learn more after Dr Vasoo blood test and after seeing Dr Loh as so far my previous TCM havnt told me anything about my womb as in it's cold or not or even my pulse is okay or not.

Btw, when is your due date? Are u excited? ☺

Thank you so much for the detailed info!! Will definitely do as much as I can and hopefully get a successful round

For all the preparation work for FET, shall I start now or only the month for the FET? I'll try to focus on a fertility diet but like the heat pack socks and long pants, do you do that too for months not goin for treatment?

I was reading from the internet abt a dairy free diet, never thought abt that but it could've possible I'm one of those allergic to lactose or casein sensitive..? I think I can only learn more after Dr Vasoo blood test and after seeing Dr Loh as so far my previous TCM havnt told me anything about my womb as in it's cold or not or even my pulse is okay or not.

Btw, when is your due date? Are u excited?

I started 1,3,5,8,9 prior before I started my FET. it takes a period of time especially TCM to take effect on us so better start early than the last minute.

Yes there will be more clarity after you get the bloodworks results from dr shiela. Also try to ask dr loh on ur body’s condition and see if you r suitable to take heaty food/drinks like red dates drink etc.

Not sure if you know that tong ji will only provide u with 2 packets of herbs. after which you will need to buy the herbs with dr loh’s prescription from the medical halls outside till you next see her.

My EDD is on 1Jan2018... yes and everyone in my family cant wait to see our little precious embryo :)

I started 1,3,5,8,9 prior before I started my FET. it takes a period of time especially TCM to take effect on us so better start early than the last minute.

Yes there will be more clarity after you get the bloodworks results from dr shiela. Also try to ask dr loh on ur body’s condition and see if you r suitable to take heaty food/drinks like red dates drink etc.

Not sure if you know that tong ji will only provide u with 2 packets of herbs. after which you will need to buy the herbs with dr loh’s prescription from the medical halls outside till you next see her.

My EDD is on 1Jan2018... yes and everyone in my family cant wait to see our little precious embryo :)

Thanks for telling me regarding the packets of herbs I have no clue..so the medicine hall is not part of the tong ji building? I'll probably ask around tmr so I can get enough medicine ☺ I think I was reading earlier messages on this thread where you shared u got a electric boiler for Dr Loh medicine? If she's still prescribing herbs then I needa get one of those as well..

First day of 2018! Your baby definitely is coming strong I can imagine how excited it must be and wish you all the best for the delivery

What would be the adverse effect? Like the blood will get thicker..?
Sorry for the late reply. I don't thick the blood will become thicker.
I remember he said " some amount of aspirin (100mg) will help blood circulation, more then that will have reverse effect (dont know what he meant by that) , so please 2 not take take 2 tablets thinking that it will help blood circulation more"

Dkch,
Sorry if i am ill-informed, may i Ask the benefits of Vit E for those of us under going IVF ?

Apart from folic acid, Vit D is another recommended vitamin to be consumed for those trying to conceive.

I am taking vitamin E as an antioxidant hopefully it will improve my Egg quality and number of follicles.
From the book you recommend, it stated that women with DOR should take 200 IU of vitamin E, also in MEFC booklet , it stated vitamin E as an antioxidant.

Btw Vit E, Aspirin, EPA are blood thinner.
Hence I checked with Dr Cheng if there will be any interactions.

He mentioned that EPA and aspirin have the same activities, so leave out EPA but can take Vitam E.

From my understanding Vitamin E is an anticoagulant, while aspirins and EPA are antiplatelet agent.

I also show Dr Tan TCM that I am taking aspirins he said okay as it prevents sticky blood which is no good for concieving.

dKCH

Hi may I know what would be the cost?
Will it be too early for me?

Back