IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

baby, ur girls in the same room wont talk or play w each other when u leave the room??? mine cannot leh. once i walk out, they will b talk n playing. or they will go open the drawers pull out the clothes to play... really faint.. can play for 2-3hours type.

and they refuse to let me off the lights! they will bang on the door n ask for the lights to b switch on n make alot of noise until i on the lights.

gan, i m working in a stat board. working hours are quite stable so far. pro family culture. my kids now sleep ard 9pm on wkdays. wkends they sleep ard 8pm.

Panda
Haha.. Yes they will talk to each other... And they will keep talking abt new words they learnt... Like trying to recap what happened for the day.. So funny..

But cos im still inside the room.. I will only leave the room when they fall zzz... I lay a mattress on the floor between their beds.. So i will lie down and tell them its oror time... So keep quiet and close yr eyes...

There will be times they keep talking and disturb the other... Or they will get down the bed... But i will scold them.. Tell them mommy is angry... If they dont zzz mommy will leave the room... Most of the times they will guai guai lie down and keep quiet... Usually within half hr both will fall zzz...

They will not make noise during bedtime.. Once i change them into pj and make milk.. They know its time to oror.. They will follow me into the room.. Say bye bye to everyone outside and get up their bed for milk.. Once done its off lights... Its alrdy a routine so they are used to it.

Oror and pong pong time usually no struggles... Only feeding times i find it a war zone... Lol... I will have food on the floor and highchair... Esp my elder... Getting fussy on food.. Either she refuse to open mouth.. Or she will spit out. Always need to give her toys to play or mommy act as a clown to make her eat... Hai.. My small girl is better.. Usually will eat..
Now their fav food now is fried egg and pan fried tofu.. So if i give them rice.. Must have either one of it to go with rice... The rest will be meat and vege... Soup is all time fav.. Lol

Hows yr trio eating now?

Gan, my elder son aso slp in our rm. plan to move him back into his own rm w my younger son when e latter turns 2.

We nvr really had a prob leaving e elder one alone to slp when he slept in e cot. But we upgraded him to a toddler bed at 2, and e 1st mth was horrible. Countless times of gettin up fr his bed and walkin out fr his rm. we tried all methods, coaxing, singing, staying w him n even scolding him, none really helps. But we constantly brought him back to the bed whenever he got out of e bed. After a while he jus guai guai stayed on e bed to bed after all e wind down activities. I will not stay in e rm even if I were tired coz I realise he will take forever to fall asleep. He will kept comin up onto my bed and wan to play or slp w me. Tt's my experience for my elder son. Hopefully it won't b too tough when I move my younger son to toddler bed and let both boys slp together next June.

HI Mummies
I am a twins mummy and facing possibility of being a SAHM soon. Currently hiring two maids and m exploring the possibility of reducing to one. My kids are 18m now, havent go to cc yet nor shortlisted any.

HOw do mummies here cope to manage twins w one maid? Is there any good tactics to use to manage time better, as it seems to handle 2 toddlers, 3 persons would be better.

Imp22
Im mummy with a pair of twin girls too... They are going to be 2 soon.... Im on one maid all the long since they are born. With 1 maid is do-able but also must see whether the maid is competent or is she a problem more than help.

But of cos with additional help is always better... 3 adults to 2 toddlers ratio is definitely better than 2:2... Not saying 2:2 is not do-able... It can be done.. There are twin mummies out there didnt even have a maid. But i dont think i can do without 1... Haha..

As for time management... It have to depend on yr tots routine and yr hsehold routine. For my case my tots nap and zz at the same time.. Eat at the time and shower at the same time.. Practically they do everything together. They also zz in the same room... I usually feed and bathe them one by one.. So it depends on how is yr tots routine like..

My maid also cook dnr for us while i look aft my two girls..

Dear Mummies.

Good morning. May i check with you do we need to declare when we purchased insurance (life or other) for our babies. Eg. conceive via IVF???

Thanks Grumpus. My agent knows my pregnancy and asked me to put down. But my hb said this is private issue why need to declare. So I wonder whether any mummies also received the same comment from their agent.

Ya my hb also think this is not related to health issue no necessary to indicate. So I told her no need to mention. once again thanks alot

baby,

the teacher told me they r coping well. only cry very briefly when my parents drop them in the morning. also start to participate w the rest of the class. only problem is my girl is not eating the cc food. everyday lunch she only eats the snacks i pack from home n drink milk, the teachers are still trying n hopefully she gets used to the food there soon.

last wkend they had cough n runny nose.. i kept them at home until wed then go back to cc this week. tmr cc closure due to the K2 graduation. i m bringing them for their first science centre visit.

its alot more balanced for me with them in cc. i spend quality time with them in the evenings and on wkends. no need to be stuck at home whole day whole night 7 days week...

Baby, like that lo. I noticed she like fried food more. Especially fries, fried fish etc. anything fried she will ask for more. N keep asking. Her taste buds is always changing....

Now I potty train her but no success. Ask her to gargle when brush teeth, she went to drink the water.... And she's still eating toothpaste. LOL...

Just Faith, the cc teacher told me betw 2.5-3 yo is a better age to potty train. this is the time they can do both poo n pee.. usually before tht can only tell us wanna poo.. pee cant control yet.

i dont even wanna try ask them gargle! hehe..just let them eat toothpaste n brush..

Gan
hmmm no really must see things. Just look out for animal feeding, fruit picking activities, lots of beaches and picnics, wildlife parks and zoo

Thanks Pandawife! I am not actively potty train her. But keep showing puzzles of toilet bowl, basin etc. and where she should poo etc. before shower, I will ask her if she wants to pee while waiting for the water to heat up. my girl will say "mummy, pang sai 一个。。。 yeah"she knows mummy is happy when she poos. Haha

Panda
Good to hear yr trio is coping well in cc... Yr trio eats bfast and lunch at cc right? Dnr eat at home?
I also worried my girls wont eat well in cc leh... But just got to try hor..

Haha finally u get some decent social life now... Can eat in peace and have real conversations with people.. I do look forward to my turn next yr when they goes cc for half day.. But also abit reluntant.. Too used to having them around...

Just faith
My girls also love fried food... They love fries and nuggets..
If i bring them to dine out... They see fries.. They will only eat fries and nothing else.. Two occasions.. They eat only fries for that meal... If they eat at home i will still try my best to offer them home cooked healthy food.. Nowadays they usually eat what we eat.. Dnr will be rice with fish, vege.. With tofu or egg.. And soup... Lunch still boring porridge..

I guess im the lucky few that they are still eating porridge. Easy to cook and easy to feed. Nutriuous also...

Baby, my girl is still the boring porridge. Even when she play her cooking pot, she also say "Gina cook porridge, gina cook rice..." Whenever she see me cook, she also start her cooking. She will bring her cooking stove and pots into kitchen and play on the floor. Haha

Baby, my kids only eat lunch in sch. Bf n milk at home before going to school.

It's a great relief for me to work n not hv to b stuck at home w the maid everyday!! Urs attend half day only time will pass very fast .. Before u know it its time to go pick them up.

Panda
What yr trio go cc? How come still have time to eat bfast at home? The cc dont provide bfast? The boys eat well for lunch there?

Ya lor half day is 1pm to 5pm.. V fast...

Grumpus
I rem that time u mention abt vit c for yr tots..
Is it sambucol black elderberry extract for children 1 year up uk version?

Baby, they go to cambridge. Bf is 830-9am. I let them reach sch at 9am. I prefer them to eat at home coz more nutritious and no need to rush. Sleep later abit also ok.
My boys eat quite well, d 3 weeks there although fall sick once, still gaining weight n chubby. Only my girl not eating well. She falls sick more often than d boys. Now she even refuses d multi vit, cod oil n chewable probiotics ! I hv to try and hide them in her milk!!

Panda
Ohh.. so u eat bfast with yr trio before u go to work?
So far its a good decision to send them to cc hor?
My girls starting on 5th jan... Abit anxious abt it... Worried they dont adapt well..

Baby I have no choice. They hv to go cc if I want to work. I don't want to depend on maid. If continue stay home I dunno need to change how many maids!! All can't tahan them. Go sch they learn to interact w other kids and its easier for them to follow a routine as compared to me alone at home w them n they keep fighting for my attention.

Today d cc teacher called me, my girl finally open her golden mouth to eat and finish one bowl of porridge ! She was so excited I think she sounded happier than me! Lol

Panda
Haha.. Thats good! At least the cc teacher bother to improve yr girl feeding..

Ya lor, i also keep facing maid problem.. Just had a talk with my maid.. Tell her not to give me bad attitude. Must have better manners... No choice.. Just got to keep reminding her..

My girls at home also keep fighting for my attention.. Both wants to sit on my lap.. Wants me to carry.. And push the other away.. A common scene at home.. Lol..

Yr cc gives porridge for lunch? My cc dont.. All serve rice or noodle.. No porridge.. I guess not v popular among toddlers.

Usually what kind of snack u pack from home? Doesnt cc provide snack for break time?

baby, once a week lunch is porridge. the teachers here are quite good.. very responsive and caring..

i pack rice crackers and fruits snack.. this is for them in case they dont eat the lunch there. there is tea break food but thts 3pm. during lunch time there is only the lunch food available. the cc dont encourage outside food, but since they r new n still adapting, they allow me to pack other foods as standby.. in case they refuse the lunch there also wont go hungry. can eat the snacks n drink milk.

the teacher wanted them to be comfortable and settle in first before they start to work on getting them to eat well... true enuff once settled down, my girl started to eat the food there.
happy.gif

pandawife
u went science centre? your trios enjoyed themselves? anything suitable for their age? i'm going xmas week.
did u go snow city also?

Happy hippo, yup I went sci centre. They can't appreciate d science yet of coz. But happy to run look at d moving displays n press all d buttons. Sci centre has a v nice water play! My trio had fun there.
No snow city. I don't hv cold wear for them and am not comfortable using theirs. So will giv tht a miss.

Plan to go botanic gardens on 21st and bird park on 1jan..

Pandawife,
Oh got water play? Ok must go geared up for it. I went birdpark, got waterplay too. But was closed for reno, not sure if completed. Do chk their website, also chk feeding time for penguins, bird show, so tat u get there in time. Ur ofc got corp cards? Can save quite abit if hv.

hi mummies
I'm having #3 and heading towards tri 2, but having mixed feelings now, as I have borderline OSCAR results, I don't know whether to go for amnio or not...can't focus at work now.

bubbybear
congrats on #3!
yr borderline results as mainly due to age factor r blood test factor or NT scan factor?
I know mums above 35 generally hv poorer Oscar results purely due to the age risk factor.
secondly, I guess before u g for amnio u hv to decide wat is yr intention. if confirm DS, will u terminate or u just wanna to prepare urself? then only can u do the test in peace.

grumpus
Taking everything into consideration, they don't like the NT which is 2.7, near the upper limit. The blood work is ok. But going for amnio is a double-edge sword, if the results turns out false, and have mc, which I hate to think about. But if it is positive, I will be in a spot, which I have yet to figure out.

bubbybear
sigh. it's a difficult decision. not sure if u could seek a second opinion. in sgp there's this dr at Camden medical centre who specializes in the detailed scans. he's 'saved' many a borderline NT case. not sure if u could find someone similar.

Hi bubblybear,

I failed my BT during the Oscar test badly n cried buckets. I went to Dr Ananda on my 14th week for a detailed scan n he told me my twin boys are perfectly alright n pls go ahead to deliver. He will gv u a CD n a very detailed report at d end of d scan.

U can google more on him. Good Luck n take care!

http://sg.******************/dr-c-anandakumar-camden-medical-centre/#

happyhippo, yes we hv corp cards.. n it really save alot for my case! coz i need 4 adults to bring them out.. 3 to run ard them, 1 to carry all the bags n stuff.. :p

bubblybear, hope you r feeling ok.. its not an easy decision. what's ur husband's take on it? at the end of the day, whatever decision, both of you must be comfortable with it ..

Bubbybear
Sorry to hear that u are facing such tough decision...
Maybe go for another detailed scan by the famous dr grumpus mentioned? From there then decide again?

Panda
Good good... Good to hear yr girl is starting to adapt to cc..
So far u enjoying working than staying at home? Lol..
I wonder how will my life change when they go cc next yr.. More free time i guess... Maid can take a breather too...

Bubbly Bear congrats on #3!

I feel you as. Went through this tough decision 2 years ago. Mine was high possibility due to short nasal bone, in fact kkh dr made it almost certain after my 5 months detailed scan, I had my scan at Camden when I was 14 weeks and the short nasal Bone was detected too, and that brought down the probability in Camden scan too but I didn't think too much of it during the scan. Only after the 5 months detailed scan and after kkh told me bluntly in the face, the realism started to set in. It was a struggle. Like you I went through the thought of if result false, mc. What if result positive....etc. Big big struggle.
I practically cry day and night ... And lost control of emotion as. Cld be tearing while having my meals , or even outside,

Eventually I went through the amnio at 23 weeks as I want to know and I didn"t want to cry through the rest pregnancy and be in fear.

Whatever the decision , you have to be comfortable, if it is going through amnio, get a dr who is experience in doing this and gets lots of rest after the process.

You will be fine,

Gan, Panda, Grumpus, Rostrum
Thank you ladies for your kind words.

I have been thinking, but I have no tears to cry. I guess going through the struggles of fertility issues in the past has made me stronger person. What will be will be, for now I just have to trust God. I will not do another detailed scan and will go ahead with amnio, cos I don't want to be left wondering. My hb take is, he is the kind of person who will just take things as it comes. Not sure whether that is a good thing or not. Having said that, he is not new to such cases as one of his cousin is a special child, although not DS. I'm the one who just keep thinking with all the what ifs....

bubbybear
all the best for yr amnio. rest well after the procedure.
what will be will be, I hope yr baby is fine but even if he/she is a special child, I am very sure u will be a great mum.

Bubbly bear,
Hope everything is well after the procedure.

Gan,
I was at Cambridge settling all the admin stuffs n I saw grace's name on the register
happy.gif
. Was quite surprised that Catherine told me that when kids got cold it's ok to attend school unless it's contagious. Suddenly felt emo that I m putting Keith in cc ..
Worried that I may unplug him after 2 wks of trial.

Day,
unfortunately it's ok in most cc's to let the child into school if they're having runny nose or cough. Only if fever then they will ask the parents to keep the child home.

That's cos most parents cannot afford to take 1-2 weeks off to look after the child everytime they get a flu.

Grumpus,
Ok. Guess I got to accept this fact.
Recently Keith been bugged with hi-grade fever, phlegm n loose stools after hokey pokey n 1 of my friends boy who was also there got roseola. it's been 8 days n he is still having looses tools.pd said its due to teething not not roseola. I gave him Smecta, bio Gaia probiotics , debridat oral suspension n it's not helping. Is there any cause of concern or it's ok ?

Day,
fever and phlegm gone?

if yes, then i would say just continue with the probiotics. Did u try lacteolfort or lactoguard? they're probiotics but specifically for stopping diarrhea.

sometimes after a virus attack their digestive systems also get all wonky cos the virus may have killed the good bacteria in the gut. if he's generally ok and eating i would say continue with the probiotics for another few weeks and see how

Grumpus,
His fever is gone but sometimes he still has runny nose.
I hv lactofoet but can I give this together with bio Gaia ? Would that be overdose of gd bacteria ?

Can we give electrolytes drinks to keep our little ones hydrated ? I went to the pharmacy n they recommend electrolytes strips .. But I m Skeptical...

Day,

yes u can give lacteolfort with bio gaia. but if u're concerned then give lacteolfort first cos that's for stopping diarrhea then when his loose stools are better, follow up with biogaia cos that's more for daily maintenance.

pharmacy recommended pedialyte strips? yeah those are usually given to replace lost salts from vomiting and/or diarrhea. can give la but if his loose stools are not very severe not necessary either.

Hi Day , Catherine said the same to
Me too . But like grumpus said quite
Impossible to take off from work every few weeks to
Take care of kids at Home.... Think the boss will sack us if we do that!

When is Keith starting school? Welcome! I just had the meet the teacher session yesterday

Daylesford
Haven't gone for it yet, waiting for 16 wks.

And it is really ok to send kids to cc when they just have runny nose and cough, I do that too, as long as no fever, I just send. They are still alert and active even with cough and flu. My #1 school ever have chicken-pox and HFMD(both brought back by overseas children) but it is contained well, no spread, don't know why spore spread so easily. You know over here, we are not adviced to give so many health supplements for kids even if they are sick, Dr only tell me let them resolve themselves, its like a waste of money taking them to Dr. I'm surprised in s'pore parents give so many supplements even my SIL also do the same.

Gan
I'm glad everything turned out well for Grace. Hope, I have the same outcome. While ante-natal diagnostics is good it can also bring parents undue stress.

Back