IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

bubblybear,

you brought up an interesting point for discussion! i also read tht in the states, if kids are down w flu or cough, no need see doc. just let them self cure...doc also will not giv medication.. but in sg the practise is very different.... smtimes i also wonder if we shld bring them to the doc..but cough too many days, i also very stress!!

i giv supplements in hope of preventing them from falling sick too often! i dunno if it really helps, but prevention is better than cure.

i so scared of pox tht i took the kids for the pox jab just before they started cc. i dunno what i will do if all 3 hv pox together ! esp if its those full blown type..

Panda
When my girls have runny nose without fever.. I will also let it run it course.. Didnt bring them to see pd.. Usually it will recover within a few days.. I let them drink more water to replenish the fluids.

As for cough.. Hmm.. My girls seldom down with cough (keeping my fingers cross)... The last time is when my small girl has coup.
Even fever i will normally self administer med to see whether will the fever goes away... Esp when there is no other symptoms.. Pd also gives panadol... So no pt gg to pd.

baby, mine always runny nose will nose block. n whole night keep waking up wanan koala leh! 1-2 nights i still can tahan. longer than tht i wanna die already. cant sleep one after another wanna koala on me.

my trio has sensitive airways, so more prone to cough. so far got 2 bad coughs tht needs nebulizing. and another 2x small ones solved w cough syrup. same thing, cough n wake up cry or cough n puke middle of night!

Panda
Hai... Really can go crazy when they dont zz well.. Means mommy also cant zz well...

I read an article that say nowadays singapore homes are getting cleaner and cleaner but kids are falling sick more easily and often... Suppose to protect the kids by making home more clean.. But in fact making the kids to have lower immunity.

Kids staying in very clean house usually will fall sick once they in contact with bacteria or virus. Cos the body cant build up their immunity.

It makes me ponder whether i shouldnt too particular on certain cleaniness... Lol

Bubbly yes I agree antenatal diagnose does give stress to parents at times... Too much information.

Grace is a blessing. Always touch my heart when she replies me ''I love you too' when I tell her I love her.

Ur little one will be fine . Remember to rest a couple days after amnio. I took 1 week off from work

Panda
I get what u mean. Prevention is better than cure. My parents also ask me why I don't give the kids supplements, I told her the kids are fine and the number of times my nephew is out of school compared to my kids after having all those supplements, it doesn't really make any difference if I give or not. So I'll wait and see. I'm sure we all get those puke in the middle of the night days too, until I worry if I have enough sheets to change.haha.

Gan
U took 1 week off work after amnio ? I was told it is a simple procedure, 1 or 2 days rest is enough ! So what did u do in the 1 week, complete bed rest ?

Bubbly need only 1 or 2 days rest only. I was given 1 week off not just amnio but that time my Val's growth was slow so dr requested I rest more

hi, its been a long time since i last login here...seem quite a few of u r sending ur kids to cc...

btw for those mums with kids in fullday cc, do the kids drink their after lunch milk lying down on bed or sit up n drink?..i was quite concerned when i saw some kids lay down n drank their milk n dozed off! isn't it a risk of choking?

Day, I didn't send my girl to CC yet. She has been drinking milk lying down, not sit up. If she sit up, most probably she's sucking air. Lol. I prefer her to lie down and drink faster that way. She controls it well - almost without supervision

Day
My girls also drinking milk lying down with head on a pillow.
If sit to drink abit tough cos they still using bottle.. If they drink from packet or cup then will be sitting...

Panda
Hows yr trio getting along in cc? Yr girl eating well alrdy?
My girls gg to start cc very soon... Not very prepared yet.
First 3 days orientation for 1 and a half hr. Actual start on 9th...
Kancheong mann.... Is there anytin i should take note of?

baby,

my trio down w stomach flu the xmas wkend n hols.i started them on the sch bus yesterday.. today 2nd day on bus, in the morning both my boys refuse to go to the void deck! haha..

my girl now not eating well again coz of the stomach flu..

hmm.. urs only half day shld b quite ok.. well.. just be prepared u hv to leave them there n they will cry very badly the first week or so.

and of coz, prone to falling sick.. its v hard not to coz kids who r down w cough n runny nose will still b in sch. but when mine is unwell i dont let them go..coz i dont want them to catch more stuff there...

Panda
Alamak... Yr trio down ah... Hai... Something that cant be avoided when they are in cc hor... I heard it take abt half a yr to get their body to build up immunity.. Wonder how true it is.
Sometimes i thk if half of the time they are down... It really defeats the pt of them gg to cc... Pay alot of $$ but only spent half of the time there...

Recently two of my good friends withdraw her kid from cc... Learning vision...she told me she dont see any progress in their kid learning after spending a year there...
They now send their kids to enrichment classes... Say cc only provide child care... Not so much of intellectual learning... But of cos they are able to cos both mothers not working..
So it makes me ponder since im not working and i might as well send my girls to class rather than childcare... Hmm...

However one of my friend who send his son to pat for full day cc.. Told me he see alot of difference in his son esp on independency and discipline...

Hi all,
Has anyone bought Pru First or any kind of insurance for birth defects?

I am 15 weeks pg from ICSI and considering the Pru which can be bought from 18w onwards.

Panda, for the school bus do they make sure the kids buckle up? I am thinking of starting my gal on school bus next year when she turns full day cc... But afraid she wld be running up n down the bus and injured herself as she is super active.

How much do they charge for school bus?

baby, i think it depends on the cc.. my trio has learn alot new words, songs since start cc. i think coz they learn in a class.. all will learn together. at home smtimes i do one activity, one or two of them walk away to do other things..
i also find tht my girl is more vocal since started sch.. last time she whine alot...now she will complain, will tell me things..

gan, yes..its a must to buckle in the bus. there is a bus auntie who will buckle them one by one on the bus.. ermm. my side the bus is a 10 seater.. there is no way any kiddo can run ard..its v small..

and when the bus moves, the auntie will provide "on board" entertainment...she will chit chat, and sing w the kids..

$130 per kid to n fro
happy.gif

Panda how do you know the aunty provides entertainment?
I think my gal's school also charge $130 not sure what type of bus, but 1 of her gal classmate takes bus home too.

My gal has been spending only 1/2 a month in
School for the past 6 months coz
Kept falling sick. Hope 2013 will be better!

Gan, i started them on the bus on 26 dec.. from 26-31 dec every morning their form teacher is on the bus with them. the trip back home on these 4 days, its only d bus auntie. so i always call n ask the driver if the kids cried on the way home coz their teacher not w them. she told me first 2 days very briefly.. but once auntie talk to them n ask them what they had for lunch, what did they play in sch..they stop crying. she told me auntie will try to distract them... coz its no fun having 3 crying toddlers from sch all the way home..hehe...

mine also some days dont go to sch coz not well.. but i suppose its a settling stage.. once they build stronger immunity will be ok. now i try to cook on wkends too.. last time wkends we eat out.. coz i need a break.. try to let them drink soup everyday...

Panda
Will yr trio refuse to go up the bus? What to do if they refuse?
I wonder half day got school bus not... I still hvt sort out the logistic...

Why u didnt let them stay thru the afternoon? Any reason y u bring them home aft 3pm? I tot school bus hv certain timing?

baby, for their initial 2 weeks, they went back at 3pm after the nap. coz just start, i dont want to let them stay full day. now they are there until 430. only started sch bus last week.. before tht my dad ferry them to n fro.
my eldest n youngest will happily board the bus. only the younger boy will cry abit.. but once on the bus, the bus moves off, he will stop crying also. the bus auntie will carry him onto the bus if he dont wanna board..hehe.. let him cry lor.. he just wanna make some noise in hope he dont hv to go..lol... fake crying one..

Does ur kids throw tantrum? my gal lately will cry and roll on floor if she does 't get what she wants. How do u gals discipline the kids?

Gan, of coz!! mine also.. now they still cant control their emotions.. so its common to hv them burst into tears or roll on the floor. i will just let them be.. after they finish the "episode" and calm down, then i will talk to them... at the peak of the tantrum, its no point trying to make sense with them.

linus whack me on my face last night coz he wanted to snatch a toy from charlotte, and i refuse to giv it to him. he scream the house down after he hit me. i had to wait for him to calm down, explain to him tht its wrong for him to snatch from char, and also to hit me. aft tht get him to apologise to char and me. n go hug charlotte... hv to keep repeating until they get it....

Gan,
aly majorly throws tantrums everyday. i ignore her until she calms down.
sometimes she will keep saying mummy carry mummy carry i will keep repeating u stop screaming first then mummy will carry. until she stops then i carry her and talk to her calmly ask her what she wants etc.

Aiyo ! My boy at 17months kept stamping his feet, fake cry n screaming away while throwing tantrums. I tried ignoring him but he can on off cry for 2hrs or until someone picked him up !
Now it's patience vs his cries
sad.gif
(

day
u hv to wait it out. it'll only get worse if he knows someone will eventually give in.
when aly throws a tantrum in public I actually lock her up in the car while I stand outside the car waiting for her to calm down.
I refuse to hv my kid roll on the floor n kick n scream in the middle of a shopping mall

*sigh* my little girl's temper is at her peak!! last nite while hb discipline her, fil went to her rescue.... how is she gonna learn!?!? tell them so many times but all fall into deaf ears & my patience is really running very thin!

winniepooh, chill! haha.. i hv 3x the terror to deal with everyday... patience.. of coz u need to explain to ur in laws so tht they sing the same song.. otherwise confusing to the kiddo too
happy.gif

grumpus, Wah! .. we found it v. difficult to let him cry for 1hr+. Sometimes from fake cry become cry till hyperventilate. its terrible lo. Its always like that when he tries to get my husband to carry him while we r shopping or when he is not tired and we force him to zzz
sad.gif

Panda,
Its difficult to get parents to follow our same tune le.. My parents and parents in law only make keith laff. Now I become the baddie.

Day, old pple r like kids too! hv to keep repeating! hahaha.. i also hv the same problems when my kids go to my parents place. i keep nagging n nagging until they get the idea.. i tell them its easy for them to giv in to the kids, but v difficult for me to "undo" the damage done...

panda - tell them umpteen times liao all fall to deaf ears! they keep telling us she still young! so now ms cranky know, when papa & mummy scold her, she'll call out to grandparents to rescue *sigh* last nite I already can see my hb's volcano gonna errupt anytime!!

Panda
The school bus has car seat for toddler? Or they just sit on the normal chair and put on seat belt? Wont it be too loose for them??

My girls gg to cc tml for the first time.. Orientation.. Abit anxious abt it..

baby, its just nice for my boys. my girl abit loose.. the bus auntie always sit beside her. the boys will sit together..

Panda / gan
$130 to and fro.. Thats cheap! I just check today.. The school bus charge $220!! Its not from the school... Its a private operator... If i take means got to pay $440 per mth just for the trip! Hmm...

Btw, can i know yr tod cc charge how much for full day and half day? I just went to pat today... Got a shock that their fee has raised... The last price i got is $850 (wout gst) for half day... Now is $1k (wout gst)!! Full day is $1500 over.. Omg

baby, mine is also pte operator..but works closely with the school.. i m paying $390 for my trio lor..hehe.. x3 also not cheap.

the cc my trio goes to do not hv half day sessions. all full day. they do not cater to half day coz their full day one already demand more than supply.

ohh.. r u affected by the fees hike??? you din attend orientation and pay fees 2 weeks before sch start???

Very interesting to see different kids have different temperament. My #2 rarely have major meltdowns, the only time is once he is out for a walk, he doesn't want to come back in. So will keep jumping and cry. I usually will try to distract, like ask him to stop crying and go play water(bath). They never cry for long. But my kids have scratch marks on each other, cos they fight everyday, can go bonkers. Its always #2 who starts first....haha.

Panda
U mean pay 2 weeks before sch start wont have price hike?
I dont thk this practise in pat.. Cos i receive their letter for payment quite long ago but i only paid up on orientation.

How much u pay for full day at cambridge?

My friend only pay $90 for sch bus... Wonder how come got so big diff in price..

baby, the payment letter indicate new fees?? previously when i was enquiring at kinderland, there was also going to be a fees hike. but the coordinator told me if i pay and commit to join by a certain date, the fees hike will not affect me. in the end i din go there coz i find them very money $ and teachers also all very young.

before subsidy $980 per kiddo.

i think the bus fees is also affected by the size of the bus and distance from sch ... if each trip they can pick up more kids.. it would be cheaper.. this bus only can take max 10 kids. the driver hv to make a few trips to different areas. but the good thing is the kids wont b on the bus circling ard for long.. its pick up by cluster..all nearby n they head straight to school.

Panda
Ya the payment letter indicate new fee... Got to pay 1 mth deposit plus 1 mth fee and insurance etc.
When i visit the school many mths before the price is still the old price..

$980 is quite cheap.. So after subsidy u only pay $680 right?
Gosh.. My half day is even more exp than yr full day.. Hmm..
My half day aft subsidy is $900. Seems like its very exp... Alamak...

pats is very ex and half day is never worth it compared to full day.
working mothers get higher cc subsidy than non working mothers

baby, grumpus is right.. i m working, so i get $300 subsidy compared to ur $150.

most schools, the half n full day rates are very close..

actually for ur case, u can just send them for enrichment and playgroup. no need to send cc unless u plan to work... i also heard recently that there are plans to hv all ccs run full day only.. very soon there will be no more half days or very very few ccs doing half day sessions.

Baby pats half day class is purely 1/2 day children ? Or a mix of 1/2 and full day? Usually cc afternoon is nap time, ur kids take nap in school?

Panda/grumpus
For half day subsidy $150 is given to working and non working mothers...

Yes, all cc half day and full day price v close.. Somemore with full day sub of $300 will make it even closer..

I also thinking abt enrichment class and playgroup.. But i tot cc they can learn more on routine and discipline.. I not sure at this age they can really sit thru the class... Are u guys talking class like growing up gifted that kind? I tried julia gabriel before but i dont its suitable for my girls... I didnt see them learn much.. And need parents accompanied.. I wanted them to be away from us to learn independency...

Any other u mommies can recommend?

Gan
Yes its purely half day pm class... No my girls dont take nap there... Only full day cc takes nap. The whole pm cirriculum all involves music and dance, project time, circle activities in eng and chinese, refreshment, outdoor play etc.
I sit thru these few days.. I see how the centre do all these.. They will bring the kids to different class for music... Bring them outdoor for either playground, waterplay etc... Not only staying inside the class..

In fact when i compare the full day and half day program.. I dont see alot of diff in terms of the activities learning... Cos full day cc spend quite a fair bit of time on meal times, teabreak, bathing, nap time etc which half day do not have except for lunch if u intend to take there and refreshment.

Gan, yr girl on half day or full day cc? Which centre?

And the centre have different teacher just for music time.. Not by the form teacher... Its held in a special music room.. So they will line up and all walk to the music room on the first floor.. Class on 2nd floor... Lunch is held outside the common area for meals... Each class will have a english and chinese teacher. I quite like their structure... I also see how the kids there.. All well mannered, speak v fluent english... Even ang mo kids speak chinese v well... During meal times all guai guai sit and eat... No shoutint or running abt.. Very impressive.. And they are my girls age..

Baby my gal started full day cc this year, in Cambridge at novena.

So far ok, picks up english through school as at home we mainly speaks mandarin to her, so her Chinese vocab is pretty strong but not english

Actually I like Julia gabriel kind of classes. How many hours is pat's half day programme? Which branch is urs?

Back