IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Rose,
i think i hv thigh muscle cramp, hence the pain esp when pressed my hand on the area. But my vagina area no pain. Yah, sometimes i also use my hands to support my tummy whne walking, coz feel really heavy after a while.
My next visit is this wed. So far, dr loh nvr say anything, only bb head is down, but not engaged yet. But i noticed my blood pressure seemed higher during last visit, although dr loh said it was not high. Dunno if dr loh will see us on a weekly basis after this visit.
My gf told me she delivered at week 42, overdue by 2wks! and thru induce some more.

babyhopeful,
i not working liao. have to get ready for labour...its a big thing for me. many of my frenz work till labour, really envy them. now i cant even sit in front of computer screen for more than 2hrs. cannot concentrate, usually surfing with iphone on bed.

will dr loh let us stretch over EDD? bb stay too long inside oso very big, hard to come out.
happy.gif

if ur thigh aching, r u able to go into d labour position?

Rose,
yah, my gf went thru csection coz fluid level reduced. Usu, if overdue, there will be some risks involved.
I doubt dr loh will let us be overdue.
Everyday, i practise the pelvic floor exercises learnt. Can still move my legs to the labour position, only the left side thigh muscle is painful when pressed/walking.

babyhopeful,
wow, u really practise...siao liao la, i neber do d stretching...my hubby keeps reminding me but i scare do aleady, bb will come out earlier...want her to come aft cny so tat it will b a rabbit.:p

Rose,
I tot pelvic floor exercises are to strengthen the muscles down there? I learnt from the anenatal course. My hubby oso keeps reminding me to do, so i hv no choice but to follow. He will do the massage on me so that he can practise. Only the labour exercises i didn't do.

Rose,
My mum and mil etc dun really mind whether tiger or rabbit bb, as long as healthy bb. I think nowadays pple dun bother the animal year. If my bb is also born in rabbit year, good lor, same as me. My hubby said let bb or doc decide.

Hi Fancy, babyhopeful & Rose,
I called up KK today and asked for an appt with dr Loh as no one has called me to connect my 25weeks growth scan to see dr Loh on 15Feb. Then they given me a slot at 250pm claiming I was alreday slotted in. Gosh, why no one called to advise me?

Then I asked if I m seeing dr Loh still the lady said yes. I prompted if hes on leave during that period she said no, the appt has been made with him to see me

So u gals might like to double confirm again. I m equally confused abt his schedule too. trying to call kkivf but no one answers

Hi Imp,
I think if they claimed i was given the slot and yet i wasn't informed, I think they will be given a dressing down by me. LOL!
Hmm, maybe dr loh is back by 15 feb??..

Rose,

just like to share with you if yr baby is not delivered by dr loh, you will still be charged premier package. Dr Tee usually covers his duties. He is a professor. Talk to yr baby. Ask her to wait for dr loh. Hehe. Btw I received my hospital bill. Just to share with you. It's $3792 and baby $479. Total claimable by medisave is $2600 for me n $450 for baby. I stayed in single ward. I checked in early for induce so I was charged additional one more night. Kk still need to refund $800+

Baby,

Thanks for asking. I am a happy mummy... sometimes still feel like a dream when I watch her sleeping. She's so cute... :D.

By the way, did you order Neo Catering for your babies' shower? I will be holding mine this weekend. I just sent in my order.

Just faith
I feels like in a dream too... Sometimes when i look at my girls.. I still cant believe im a mummy now.. They are so adorable.. Thou they have their cranky times hehe..

Yup i ordered frm neo garden for my baby shower.. All the food was finished.. Alot commented the food is nice..
U can sign up for their membership to enjoy 10% for a year.. Cost $30 to apply.. If yr bill exceeds above 300 then its worth while to apply...

Btw u giving enfalac A+ to yr girl? Do u find there is alot of small bubbles when bb is drinking? Cos i dont see it when giving nan1.. My girls seems to have more wind when drinking enfalac and will vomit out milk... But i hope to give them the best fm.. And read enfalac seems to be one of the best besides similac.. And both dont seems to suit my girls..
I heard nan1 aha content is lower and high is sugar and bb will grow fatter.. So i thinking to change to a better fm..

Anyone giving bbs friso gold fm? Is it good?
Which fm is good?
Similac gives my bbs constipation... Enfalac gives my bbs wind.. Nan1 seems to suit my bbs but their nutrients content is not as gd as enfa and similac.. So im considering other better fm..

Baby,

I somewhat already know how to calm her down when she is cranky... and she usually fusses between 9pm to 11pm. Sleep awhile, make noise abit... then the whole thing repeats every nite. Only kena colic once. Almost tear my house down. Tired leh, my back still aching. Not from epi, but from all the pushing when I tried to deliver her natural. My lochia flow already stopped. Now very light stain. Can use panty liner.

I didn't sign up for membership. cause it takes two weeks+ to process. Kinda rush for me. I borrowed my friend's card. I hope it can be used in my case. Glad to hear good reviews abt Neo Catering. I have been to a few buffets, my friends also ordered Neo Catering. But this is the first time i am trying out. Hope it will be good as well.

Yes, she's still taking enfalac A+. Small bubbles? Is it from all the shaking/mixing after you put the milk powder? For me, when I feed her, usually, the bottle has not much bubbles, cause I usually shake in circular movements. But I noticed when I asked my maid to make the milk, hers always got bubbles, cause I noticed she shakes from top to bottom, quite vigorously. How many times does your girl poo each day? Mine between 2 to 3 but also depends how much ebm I feed her. I bought enfalac A+ cause I know it is one of the better milk around. Have no intention to change, unless advised by PD.

Grumpus,

Can you tell me during implantation time izzi the whole body aching and tummy bloated.
If yes, wat shall I do ?
I feeling umcomfortable while I'm working.
Tis is my FET cycle.
It like back ache and suan suan cnt tahan.

Faithbb,
Err I dun remember whole body aching but definitely tummy bloated and super exhausted and tired all the time.
Nothing much u can do except rest more lei. I remember sleeping almost 12 hrs everyday. By 9pm I will knock out already and afternoon I will hv a nap some more. Kekeke.....

Hi mummies, Ive bn a silent reader all this while...can any new mummies whose using avent isis duo (electro) or medela freestyle gv feedbks on these pdt? I'm due in end feb n still wondering wh one shd I get.
TIA.

babyhopeful,
i thot u meant d labour position...
happy.gif

just faith,
thz for d info. wil let bb decide when she wants to come out ba. hahaha, dr john tee old or young?

Tks Grumpus,

Hi any mummies here done FET n bfp?
If yes, share some of yr bfp experience to me so tat I cud know wat was the symptoms tat had face before.
My body feels so aching n cramping.
Like poking the tummy so tired n suan suan one.
Any mummies here had tis problem?

Just faith
The membership card can be approve instantly le.. That time i place the order and apply the card at the same time and i got the discount..

I make the milk in circular movement also le.. Its not due to the mixing cos the bubbles appear during feeding.. When bb blow air into the bottle.. It will create lots of bubbles...
I also wana give them premium fm.. But the enfalac gives them stomach wind le so i dont know whether i should try enfa again.. I still have half a tin left...

baby..i dunno if i m still hving lochia or its my menses..very light staining ... confused..haha..

wow, u really did alot of homework on FM.. i also heard enfa n similac is top of the range. nt sure about other brands..

singapoh, yes..i agree establishing supply is really hard work! i was just sharing w hb how i wish every pump i can have enuff to fill up 3x 125ml bottles so tht each bb can hav yummy bm ..

nancy/baby, dumex gives free sample can of mamex gold leh. u can go to their website n request since FOC. my sil help me do the request, tmr they makig the delivery.

ladies,
i have an opened tin of Friso 1 to give away. opened on 14 jan 2011 and used <5 scoops only.
anyone want pls let me know.

Pandawife, baby, just faith have u cut ur babies finger nails? Thinking of cutting so that I can remove the mittens. U cut using scissors or clippers??

Gan,

no. Haven't cut. MIL says to cut aft full month. Since we are having baby showers this weekend, I will ask MIL to trim her hair and nails. We have both. Round scissors and nail clipper for baby. It's really long I know.

Baby, usually, babies dun blow out air when feeding. In fact, they are realizing the air from sucking of teats. My gal is very kan cheong and drinks her milk very fast. Sometimes when I see her dun release air, I will try to pull out the bottle a little n put back again.

How do you know yr babies have wind? Is it becos of colic or they fart alot? My gal usually burp very loud (like her mum, hehe) n fart after feeding. I feel good when she release gas at least I know the air are not trapped inside. After morning shower, ruyi oil. After evening wipes, another round of ruyi oil. I noticed she fusses when she dun hv enough clothing. I make sure she wears long pants (those cannot see toes type). On top of that, she still wear her booties inside.

Baby, thanks for yr reply regarding discount card. Aiya. But I already ordered. I m still waiting for neo catering to contact me. Did you order the curry chicken? Does it come with potatoes? Cause I saw another menu that says curry chicken with potatoes. So now I m confused.

Mummies, do you let your baby sleep on your bed? Sometimes after night feeding, I m so lazy to put her on her baby cot, cos she is sleeping so well on my bed. But end up, I can't get enough rest cos I worried that hubby or myself may squash her. So I wonder for those mummies that sleep with babies, how do you manage that? Get another cot? I really hope to get something within easy reach, so that I can pat or attend to her immediately.

just faith..i hv the same problem about sleeping with bb.. last nite two of my boys fussed n only wanna sleep on my bed. i m so afraid i will squashed them. in the end no choice, i took their cot mattress put on the floor and i slept there :S

after tht hb woke up saw me on the floor...ask me to sleep on the bed, then he went to sleep on the floor. this morning woke up, he says we hv two "kings"...we become the slave.. take turns sleep on the floor..hehe...

ur bb cot not in ur room? i hv a cot in my room..but babies refused to sleep in it..haiz... now only my little gal is guai guai sleeping in the cot at nights.

Pandawife, I have a foldable mattress which I bought at robinsons sales. I also slept on the floor the other day. Cause hubby was sleeping when I carried her over. When hubby found me on the floor, he felt bad n offered his place for me as he said I m still doing confinement blah blah. . So we actually tried a few methods n concluded even if he get me 6inch mattress n sleep on the floor, won't solve the problem. Cause baby is still not within easy reach. We ended up putting her on the bed for the rest of the night. :p. But both of us did not sleep well loh.

Her baby cot is in her room. I only wheel to our room during daytime. At other times, when I m sleeping, the maid will put the cot in her baby room n maid helped me to watch over her while I get my beauty sleep. Somehow just feel I didn't get all these sort out.

I will try out the sleeper cot that grumpus suggested. Think I saw in kk before. Will ask my gf to get as gift for me.

FYI, I can no longer put her vertical on the baby cot. She seemed to grow v fast. Now I hv to put her horizontal on her cot, just like the same orientation of the baby cot.

Going to PD later. She has some rashes on her forehead n besides her eyes. See what PD says. Sekali need to change milk powder. Sigh.

Babyhopeful,
what to do... The hotline I made appt is also different fr the dr Loh's nurse (think her names Mandy?) whos supposed to get back to me on my slot. Cant scold them leh..
Thats why everytime at KK, I alw ask ask n ask to triple confirm some things de.

FYI KK called me last evening ard 6+pm to inform me of my slot with dr Loh again. I asked again 15Feb dr Loh is back mah, she said yes else they wouldnt slot me in. I specifically mentioned oh I tot hes on leave during that period, the lady said he will be back on the 15th itself wo..

Leapgal,
you can refer to Grumpus' earlier feedbacks abt Medela Freestyle she posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 5:58 pm
=================================================
i'm in love with my medela freestyle...hehehehe
it's compact, the suction power is good and drains my breasts better compared to when i used the medela swing last time. plus it's a double pump so it's half the time to pump.

this morning i wanted to sun my bb cos of jaundice. morning sun is only in the living room but i also needed to pump. i just unplugged the pump motor cos it also has rechargable batteries and brought it with me to the living room. so convenient!!

my hb bought my pump for me when he was in london. so much cheaper compared to buying from sgp, but no warranty.
=================================================

Hi all,

I'm now currently 29 weeks with twins. My hand have been feeling numb, initially was just the finger tips but now almost the whole hand. Is it a common symptons?

Panda,

U only latch 1 baby at a feed right? If so yr supply is for 1 bb only. Maybe can try another method. Latch all babies and top up with fm. I know I know it sounds like very time consuming but worth trying. U dun even need the pump in this method.

I too let both baby suckle and if make noise then I supplement with fm in the initial weeks

faithbb,

I have no symptoms for my FET and I BFP w twins.
happy.gif

Gan,

I use clippers. I did it either they are awake or sleeping. If they are awake, I keep talking to them. If they don't cooperate, I will do it when they are sleeping.

Hi Gan,

Wat does it means increase with discharge?
Do you feel tired and whole body suan suan?
After how long that the cramping last until your body became normal with no more cramped?
Wat else that you experience it can share coz I'm first time face on this symptoms.

Hi Skies,

Wow...you so good, none of body aching at all from Day1 to Day17 until the bchg test ?
It's really good to hear that...
Any bleeding after the bhcg test?

Singapoh, yes..can only latch one per feed leh..coz their feeding time quite close..n 1 bb takes 30-45mins to latch... the other two cannot wait.. so hv to feed them either ebm or fm while i latch one.

its also difficult for me to bring the bbs in to latch coz my parents n mil kept nagging tht i latch bb so long, n always need to top up with fm after tht, waste of time :S i keep hearing comments like "not enuff bm, bm so watery, not filling..." very demoralizing ...

Just faith
Even if u aldy ordered.. Still can get the discount if u apply... U can call to chk..
Yes the curry chicken comes with potato.. The curry is v nice.. U can prepare french loaf for yr guests to eat with curry..

I know my bbs hv wind cos they fuss and cranky.. They also fart alot during feeding.. That doesnt happen when i feed them other fm... I also apply ruyi oil after bath and sometimes after diaper change.. I also give them gripe water every bath..

Pd told me today that similac has 50% mkt share.. The rest of brands only 10%... even enfa also 10%.. she shares that her patient bbs usually hv loose stools drinking similac... So im now trying bk similac again..

Panda
Me too leh.. I also dont knw im having my period or what cos its staining only... On off.. Yr lochia stop for how long liao before the staining appear? U still having the staining nw?

Ladies, been v upset recently...last sat had dull red bleeding covering my whole panty liner n after tt no more... Rush to kkh n they again say nothing wrong. V frustrated n can't get df Loh via email too cos he might tink it's normal Lor.. I m given jab n utrogeston oral support.. Actually prefer utrogeston as it mks me drowsy n Cn slp better n most imptly appetite does Nt get worse..

Im on mc nw aft seeing my pte gynae yesterday, he say I hv quite bad fungus infection n given me zaricot cream to apply. Babies r growing v well wif strong heartbeats bt I m disturbed by d bleeding episodes since I m in 14 weeks+ now..the gynae commented tt I might hv mild placenta detaching thus explaining d bleeding n normal scans can't b detected if it is mild. Bt strange is dr Loh, a&amp;e docs n prof at Camden Nvr mention abt tis. He say I must b on home arrest n no going out n suggest bedrest for 1 month!!!!

Aft drinking loads of water, seems like no more n only wipe aft pee will hv slight brownish discharge..

Anyone come across tis? I tink I m getting pre natal blues
sad.gif

Imp22,
Thx, I tink I missed out reading her post while scrolling my iphone up n down.
I nd sum fdbacks on avent too, am actually an Avent lover. I tink mummy panda n anoth mummy currently using tis brand. Correct me if I'm wrong, thx.

Rostrum,
I suggest you get a appointment to met Dr.Loh.

i don't know if there is possibility to go and direct wait for loh's consultation without appoitment. when i was not satsfied with kk 24hrs clinic. i called and demanded a appointment , tell them u r IVF patient concived and have this recurring prob and need appoitnment immediately.

leapgal,
panda is using avent pump. baby was using too but she has stopped bf-ing already
personally i'm a medela lover
happy.gif

Panda,
can u latch one bb on one side and pump the other side. then when u switch sides to latch, can also switch sides to pump.
that way yr supply can build up enough for 2 at least?

rostrum,

frankly speaking, i find that KKH dun give much support for multiples. in fact, i told myself if i ever get preggy through ivf again. i will see both Dr Loh and Dr Paul Tseng (Pandawife's gynae) for peace of mind. Like what my friend did. I had m/c in october 2009 because I think KKH did not give enough support when I complained of bleeding episodes.... so I became very kiasu the second time I got preggy. I stayed with KKH then because I do not know much of private practice... I should have gone to Dr Tseng then, who is also my hubby's doctor.

Go and see private gynae if you think Dr Loh or KKH is not responding to your queries. Don't hesitate.

It is not easy for people like us to BFP... and I really understand your anxiety now.

Panda,

They can say whatever they want coz they are not well informed. Most important is you know what you are doing. Motivate yourself and you know you hv a BIG supporter here ~ Me.
happy.gif

You can try latch on 1 baby for 15 minutes then top up with fm. Do that with all 3 babies. 1 baby to suck for 30 minutes or more will easily get tired and doze off thus he is not suckling actively.

Back