IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Grumpus,

My gal is also greedy when she sees me eating. She will make noise, want to eat too!

Syrah,

2.6 kg and 2.75 kg @ 36 weeks, 3 days. I gained 12 kgs

I heard from 2 sisters here that manduca is a good bb carrier. One of them is only 40 kg and she carries a 10kg bb without problem.

I carry a 8 kg bb with my cheap carrier. Can feel her weight and my back so aching. I am over 60 kg!

grumpus, Thanks for the detailed summary! You really 'invested' alot in slings and carriers leh. hehehe

i am thinking of buying manduca baby carrier. tried the sleepy wrap before...very ma fan.

Pink D, are you going to be induce tomorrow?

bb_jo21, those maternity pads are really thick and uncomfy! u are constantly reminded you have something down there! i used 1 packet of pureen maternity pads and later sofy pads. I think those extra long pads are good enuff, somemore got wings! pureen maternity pads no wings, similarly for kotex which kkh provides.

Rose/panda, tink I will get d pigeon one first..if not enuff then get another avent de..

Mummies, any comments on dr brown's milk bottles? Is it advisable to get this brand for a start? Otherwise which brand will u recommend? Oh.. N the teats also... Thanks!!! Sorry, too many questions as I m trying to decide on d pdts I want before chiong-ing for the sales.. No energy to squeeze too long wif the crowd.

Pink d n JJ, do keep us update ok? Hv a safe delivery for pink d first followed by JJ... Anyone due soon?

Gan,

Thanks for the great info

the tot of something stuck there all the time crossed my mind when I held on to those maternity pads loh...ehehehhe...didn't buy them.

At least now i'm sure that usual long pads will suffice. Thanks once again

Pink D & JJ,

Hv a smooth delivery!
happy.gif

Singapoh: pureen no wings right?
Winnie: I was late.. Think I saw him around 4 to 4ish..yup very crowded today.. Dunno which Is you too :p
Gan: dr Paul said womb condition is still prime for baby's growth so let him stay a while.. Will discuss options next thurs if he doesn't come out by then! :s
Rostrum: thanks. I'm still counting down ha ha.

When is jj due?

panda n grumpus,

thz! now i understand more liao. my ger oso screamed someti imes during feed esp for fm. n she will 吐奶 more with fm.
guess i am forcing her to finish.

grumpus,
my ger is feeding on NAN milk powder coz not so thick. d instruction on tin states 120ml for 3rd n 4th week bb...
meanwhile,my ger drinks 125ml bm.

Hi mummies,
i noticed my 6 wk old gal has milk curds on her tongue. Been cleaning her tongue with cotton buds, but the tongue still appears whitish. Any recommendations to remove the curds?

bb
I also use pureen maternity pads.. Its thick and i dont feel its aborbment enough..
If u are going thru c sect.. Yr usual pad should be sufficient.. Cos during the op.. Most blood is cleared by the dr.. Usually natural birth has a heavier flow.. So yr usual pad may not do the trick..

Gan
Yr girl can sleep thru 6hrs.. Is it cos she didnt sleep much during the day? What time u tuck her into bed?
I hope my girls can sleep thru 6hrs..

baby, my gal usually go to bed between 9pm to 10pm, kind of a routine now. So she will wake up for milk around 3am, if not i will wake her up, coz once she slept till morning 6am, e find her lips dry as we are sleeping in air con room.

She does slept quite abit in the afternoon lately. like today she slept quite a fair bit after her feed at 12pm plus except waking up for milk and also play for around 1 hr plus. in the evening, she would usually be up 6pm plus or 7pm. but she can be cranky in the evening when she is up. =S

babyhopeful,
i use sterile gauze swab, small piece for bandage type. wrap ard my finger, wet with warm water n press on her gums n sweep over her tongue every mornin.

Pandawife,
You need to make appointment for vaccinations at the polyclinic. I usually go for afternoon appointment at 2pm cos there are not so many patients in the afternoon. Babies are given priority so you need not wait for too long. Maybe you can consider bringing your babies to polyclinic for vaccination. It's as good as vaccinations at PD or GP but at a much cheaper price. You can save alot especially when you have 3 babies.

Grumpus,
Did I remember wrongly? Were you the one who wanted to get my new mums in mind sling when I put up for sale 2 months ago?
Thanks for sharing on the different types of baby slings and carriers. Ergo carrier seems to be able to last longer than baby bjorn carrier but baby can't face the front. I think babies tend to prefer to face the front when they grow bigger. I'll go novena square to try out the different carriers before I make the decision.

Gan, grumpus, working wife, day,
Shall we meet up this sat afternoon at novena sq/ united sq since I'm going to try out the carrier at novena sq? Are you guys free? If not maybe we can meet in April as suggested by working wife. I'm working on weekdays and should be free on weekends. Some weekday mornings are ok with me as I can take half day off once in a while.

Gan,
My babies are also squashed in the pupsik sling that's why I need to get another carrier now.
My babies were having fever for whole day yesterday. Both were fussing alot as they didn't feel well. Your girl is ok? Usually the infrared thermometer tend to give lower temp on the forehead and ear right? The nurse told me tht if take at the armpit need to add another 0.5 deg.

Gan,
hehehe no lah. MIM sling and Chicco carrier were gifts. The baby bjorn type carrier was imitation no brand one. Only the Patapum was an 'investment'

Bing armpit need to add another 0.5 degree?! Kkh nurse told me fever if reading is 37.5 .... This evening her temp is 37.2 taken wt armpit abit high.... Just checked her, temp down . I hope she don't have fever. Yes infraed red on forehead gives lower temp.

This sat I can't leh coz going Taka baby fair n in laws coming over.

Bing ur baby vaccination is 1st dose at 3 mths, 2nd dose at 4 mths? I m wondering why kkh PD said next appt is when my gal is 5 mths... So wondering if her 2nd dose wldbe taken at 5th mth instead of 4th as mentioned in the health booklet.

Which polyclinic did u go to? The PD at polyclinic wld see n check the babies before injection?

Bing,
oh yes!! hahahaha, i totally forgot abt the MIM sling i wanted to buy from u! no, u did not remember wrongly.
actually wat happened was i had my own MIM sling from #1 time, i gave it away when my girl was 2. then when i got preggie with #2, i realised i needed another one :S
i did manage to get a 2nd hand one from another mummy on the forum. thanks for remembering
happy.gif

According to the website http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/backpack_baby_carriers
Patapum carriers are for 5mths onwards. I got mine from the novena sq shop.

i dun mind meeting up this sat depending on wat time u'll be there
happy.gif

bing, do you get the developmt checks done at polyclinic too? or go PD? i m wondering if need to go see PD for the checks every mth...

we will most likely try going polyclinic for the next jab..

baby...2 of the bbs k usually slp thru for 5-6hrs..1 of them will still wake up in betw for one more round of milk.

i thot ur gals already sleeping thru....how come waking up 2hrs?? milk intake nt enuff thts y hungry faster?

my pd oso told me the bbs usually will wean off nightfeeds at about 3 mths...but u heard from a few frens tht it happened much later for their bbs.

does urs slp alot during the day?? mine will refused to slp during the day...n u r rite... fuss n fuss lor... just now 7-10pm all 3 fuss..until me n hb blur blur.. my mum goes home in the evening n comes bk abt midnight to help me w the night feeds. when she reach just now..me n hb drop dead from exhaustion liao..

Singapoh,
Thanks! Wow... Your babies were at really gd weight then. My hubby is afraid that I have no energy to push the twins out if they are big cos I'm quite small built.

winnie: hahah when is ur next appt? Yday was really crowded...its hardly this crowded at TLC on thurs...
when is ur next appt?
Mine is next Thurs morning...if I havent popped...

grumpus: I tend to get a Baby Bjorn..but since it can only be used for 4months and above... should I get a sling before?
Or is carrying by hand easier and better?

Baby, my girl have mood swing to. Yesterday 5pm drank 120ml bm didn't wake up till 10.30pm drank 120ml, 12am fm, 5am bm, 7.10am bm, just wake up for more milk.

Pinkdestiny,
today is ur EDD?? what did doc say ??
how come ur next appointment - next thursday??
can understand your anxiety.. keep speaking to the baby that u r longing to hold in your arms..

iam working like super women at office. i remebered ur EDD and thought will quickly check.. i will read teh rest archives later..
i think i have to quit teh job .. i can't work like mad when the baby is out.. so stressful..

Pandwife, I also cry if my bm is wasted, but my hub gets angry if mu girl dint finish the fm.

Gan, not bad your girl can sleep though. Mine sometime can sometime can't she change everyday!!!

Kkh mummies can i ask if kkh will allow u to wear yr own PJ's or must must wear their pink hospt wear ?

if complusary then I'll just not pack my own PJ's in the hospt bag... Its bursting liao !!

Hello fancy,
dun think my baby is checking out today... Yday I saw Dr Paul and although he was already engaged, there were no signs of labour.
No cervical examination or anything...so did a scan and saw that the cord, placenta and water level were all still functioning well.. lil one is still having a gd time inside. So dun think Im popping today...
How anti-climax lor... :p

how long more to ur EDD? Thanks for checking on me...
If your job is stressful...can you speak to ur bosses to negotiate for a lighter workload? Sthg more manageable?
dun exert too much ok, esp when you are preg!

Day: Thanks...but me havent popped yet :p

Anytime from now 33wk to 1st week of April (est 37wks)

Hoping they stay in longer better (towards 37wks) but i got no control over this. The bb's are in control for now.

Pink D,
hmmmm for the 1st few mths i think is ok to carry by hand cos they're still pretty light. unless u intend to walk around quite a bit with bb in tow then maybe not so comfortable.
see if u can wrangle a sling as a present out of any friends/relatives ;)

Blissful my gal is older than ur baby by approx 2 weeks, so sleeping thru cone earlier. Mine has been waking up for milk every 2 hrs till 8 weeks old. Then she woke up 3 hrly, later 4 hrs and last 1week plus, she managed to sleep thru 6 hrs and once till early morning. Slowly ya, ur gal will sleep thru. I was so tired during the frequent nite feed that I fell down from my bed 1 night when I heard her making noise as I tried to
get down to attend to her ... It's that tired lor that u dun know
what u r doing. =p

JJ I wld wear the kkh one lah, easy for breadtfeeding coz got opening and u bring less things to hospital n less clothes
to wash .

I m ok with weekdays since I dun intend to start work till early may but provided I got someone to help me with the helper as my helper coming in early April.

JJ first few days the lochia is heavier n u will stain ur clothes , if u wear ur own, u may need to bring a few coz u may stain .

Blissful talking abt bm wastage, I spill 100 ml of bm this morning... There goEs my hard work this morning!

JJ, agree with Gan less washing
happy.gif

Gan, I spill my bm to, I was so angry my father said lucky it was me who spill if others will get scolding from me. Hmm I must be very very fierce at that moment

JJ, just wear kk pj la... Though I stayed for only one night, I changed at least 4 sets pink gown there. Also easier for breastfeeding.

Blissful, saw yr gal's pic on fb. She has alot of hairs leh. Did she shave during her first month? Our gals birthdates very close? How many days diff?

Thanks gers !!
Looks like best to wear kkh's 'uniform' wonder if can feedback to them to revamp their gowns. hahaha...

Since i C-sec I'm scheduled to stay 3 nights

Mount Alvernia told me I can bring my own gowns...coz if not I have to pay for laundry if I wear their hospital gowns...thought such things are in the package? Hmmm...

winniepooh: Yup Dr Paul is always short and swweet in his consultation huh?
How's BB doing?

Back