IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

hi ltjabi,
i only eat durian once in a while as now is durian season.
happy.gif

hi Itjabi
so far, i have eaten durian twice. 1st time - 3 seeds, 2nd time 5 seeds..yummy...dun eat too much lor...first time, test test first....see if your body can take the heatiness coz some pple feel heaty after eating..esp now with pregnancy, body tolerance may be different from pre-pregnancy days.especially now with H1N1, i dunwan to be caught with sore throat and stress myself unnecessarily with illness and going to GP

Ladies
wana check with you if you will be bathing during confinement. know that there is this herbal bath thingy that we can use...but after which day? My mum doing cnfinement for me, she refused to let me bathe...except for that herbal thingy on day 12 (??!!)...i will die of heat man...and no aircon...only wind from oscillating fan..must wear long pants some more..i feel v hot now as i describe to you..help me..need to convince her otherwise...

Bee: Thanks. Im not a big fan of durians. Force myself to eat 1 seed yest. As for stroller we decided on peg perego. We r looking at cots see what is the best deal. How much did u pay for ur cot? Is it the one that can change to bed?

Lina, 76: Same here. Dun dare eat soo much. I will be bathing during confinement. Cant tahan the heat. But dont know.Coz mum said as long as no wind n windows close can take a quick shower.

hi 76,
the herbal bath should be after 14th days. But i will start bathing right after return from hospital, so for 28 days confinement, i prepared 28 packs of packet herbs. My confinement will be done by confinement lady so not interference from mom. Will be quite tough for you to convince your mom as this is the normal practice of sleeping in non aircon room.

bee, 76: this is ur 1st child rite? how long before u started feeling the fluttering of bb.Im 19 weeks now but dun feel anything yet so abit worried.

itjabi
yes, first bbs..i felt slight fluttering in week 18...differnet pple differnet, so dun worry.I am currently sourcing for cots too..thinking of getting from OG, $399, 4 -in-1 can convert to junior bed and all.. free bedding set and bumper and pillow and bolster...got wheels too coz i intend to place my bbs with mum, but may roll out to my bedroom at times or when mum goes back to her home. How about you ladies? Any lobang?

76: Was ur fluttering 1s in a while?? Is it obvious the fluttering?? Im also looking at 4 in 1 coz bigger n more space for bb. Havent really source out yet.. May buy it online but really depends on price. $399 seems like a good deal.. Does it come with matress as well?

Itjabi
Yah, fluttering obvious.I read that fluttering can come between week 16-20, so dun worry. And Yes, bed comes with mattress too..saw another cot in the papers today, from Puku brand..think sold in BHG. can take a look.

Dear itjabi,

Eating durians is encouraged by my gynae. She said rich source of protein & fibre, helps in constipation too. So far I had 6 times of durian feast already. Make sure to drink lots of water after that to remove the heatiness.

itjabi
i paid $319 for a cot that can be converted into bed, playpen etc.. it has 3 or 4 (cant rem) level and comes with a full set of bedding with bumper. i didnt upgrade the mattress to those breathable though. then i bot another full set at $75.

I felt fluttering at ard week 20 and bb kicking at week 24... now @ 26 weeks, i can feel the bb movement everyday! very nice feeling
happy.gif

Itjabi
now i am in my week 30. so its not just fluttering, now the kicks from the 2bbs are like more vigorous..one kick bladder, one kick stomach..everyday.
Ladies
I ordered my 2 cots liao.. $359 for each, white pine wood, with wheels, 4-in-1, free half bumper with beddding set (2 bolsters, 1 pillow, 1 comforter) and mattress wth holes (more breatheable)then i added 2 more beding sets for changeover shld i need to wash 1st set...wah, total damage was $892.40...i will ask them to send over and fix up when i deliver coz mum pantang lah...

Lina: I do have on off. But not soo bad.I guess im worried coz had a frend who was pregnant with her 2nd child n all was going well. She was in her 20 weeks going for detailed scan. During the scan they discovered the bb didnt have a heartbeat. Soo disheartening. So listening to all this juz makes one worry u know wat i mean.

76: $892++ . My mum also pantang.So cant buy any bb stuff in keep in my house.

Hi 76 ,

U are really a strong mummy ! I am still at 14weeks with twins and i am still exhausted.. morning sickness not end yet.. seems like i am having a super long journey.. resting on bed everyday.. =(

hi ltjabi,
i know what you mean. Only the day when we hold baby in arms then is safe from all these pregnancy risks. Do stay positive.

develyn
My journey is fraught with uncertainty too...bleeding first tri, HL..then 2nd tri, got low lying placenta..then followed by TTTS...aiyah, never end...my doc gave me HL since week 26...so i have been resting since then..I hope to finish my bb buying stuff by next week...if not, ask hubby to buy...problem is huby not savvy enough, so got to do enuff reccee so that when he buys alone, he will know what to get and not get "cheated", like small boy. Do have a timetable of sorts...as in what task you would like to accomplish by week what, then less stressful..also can make use of your mc now to do soemthing....otherwsie v bored...

Hi Juju,

I feel easily exhausted as i still vomit.. so hardly gtg out..

Hi 76,

I m not working so this lifestyle gtg to last till delivery.. i dun have any timetable or so.. u can send to me if u have any.. heez.. btw, when is yr edd?

develyn
my edd is 10oct but coz its twins, i will most prob pop in early sept...whats your email? I can send you the timetable.

ladies... you all make it sound that those with smooth pregnancy ones shd be worried tt bb may not be "doing" too well... so scary! i dun hv MS except some indigestion feeling and tiredness during first tri... my appetite was even better at 2nd tri (supposed to eat small but more meals daily but i eat 3 normal meals + one afternoon lor.) nevertheless, my bb is healthy n well thusfar and i can feel him moving everyday!
maybe i am just one of the luckiest one
happy.gif

hi bee,
that's very lucky, no MS is most fortunate. I had a super smooth pregnancy during my first child, but had a very long delivery of 20 painful hours.
sad.gif

bee,
dun worry abt no symptoms.
i had no symptoms at all except for a wee bit of nausea (only the puke feeling)... i was so worried dat time cos all the other mtbs ard me were puking... yikes! i nearly thot i lost my bb dat time...

Hi all,
long time no see here! I have been reading this thread almost everyday still, just dont know what to post as my life now is all about taking care of my bb only.
happy.gif

Just an update in case some of you ladies here are not informed. Babymaking has delivered to her baby boy Zachary last Fri and Ponytail has given birth to her twins gals recently too. I just saw her bb gals pics in the fb.
happy.gif

Once again, all the best ladies, enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible now!
happy.gif
Jia you!

updated
<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Baby gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Imel</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy (delivered)</TD><TD>21 Apr 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Juju</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl (delivered on 7 May)</TD><TD>6 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy(delivered on 12 May)</TD><TD>12 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bliss</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Sadhana</TD><TD>1 boy (delivered on 21 May)</TD><TD>27 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>3 boys (delivered on 1 May)</TD><TD>11 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pleasance</TD><TD>In KL</TD><TD></TD><TD>1girl 1 boy(delivered on 1 Jun)</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Hopfully</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl 1 boy(delivered on 7 Jun)</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ponytail</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong</TD><TD>2 girls(delivered)</TD><TD>4 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy(delivered on 24 Jul)</TD><TD>25 Aug 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Littlebee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>3 girls</TD><TD>24 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Kaira</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>30 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Cribby</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof Ng</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Bee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>1 Nov 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>15 </TD><TD>Tintedsky</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof SC Ng</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>18 Nov 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Lina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>7 Dec 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Itjabi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Sophia Cheng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>25 Dec 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi bliss,
thanks for putting up the table. I will be having a gal. You take care and keep in touch via facebook.

Hi babymaking and ponytail,
congrats on the delivery! take care.

Lina,
congrats!! So happy for you having a gal this time round! You also wish to have a bb girl rite? So nice to have a son and now a daughter soon.
happy.gif

hi bliss,
yes, i really wanted to have a gal. But my son kept saying was a didi when i asked him earlier on. I was glad that he is incorrect.
happy.gif
Now i kept buying the girly stuff.

Lina,
see, I told you rite? That time my sis's daughter also kept saying the baby inside mummy's tummy is mei mei, coz she wanted a sister to play w her, but is actually a didi. So it is always normal for the elder child to wish for the same gender sibling. Heehee...
I read that the sibling rivalry between siblings of different genders is lesser than of same genders too, something to feel happier for you. Haha! :p

Itajbi,
Congrats on having a gal! So happy for you! I will update this for you.
I am ok so far, though there is lots of ups n downs emotionally ever since after delivery. Still trying my best to adjust to lots of changes in life, I just pray that I can be stronger physically(getting lots of backaches n sleepless nites) as well as mentally.
happy.gif

I am having an indo maid to help me at home, but the job of baby care is still mostly on me as I dont really trust maid n my maid does not know much about baby care(kind of deceived by her when she claimed that she has experiences in that during interview). Anyway, I am glad that baby is growing well, but I must say that he is not an easy baby to take care, bo bian, kekeke! I am already very thankful to have him, hope he will be guai guai boy.

Sophia,
thanks, will take note of your update later!
happy.gif

hi bliss,
yes i recall that you mention about your sis gal. Hahaha..but i never expect same thing to happen to me as well. I am keeping finger cross that due to the age gap, might not have too much sibling quarrel. But now my boy comes to accept the fact that is a meimei after following me to gynae scan. And each time the doctor repeats that is a gal to him.
happy.gif
Now with a maid, do bring baby teng out more often, maybe meet friends for gathering or just shopping. Sometimes by going outdoors will be better for you and baby, see things and the days will fly past. Just look ahead at each of his milestone, soon will be crawling, teething, first step, talking, etc.

Bliss: thanks.. Im very excited myself.Dun worry things will get better for u
happy.gif
Cant u change maid or something if she isnt experience? I can understand, it is very difficult sometimes to have someone else take care of ur precious little baby. Enjoy ur time with ur little one.. They grow soo fast..

Hi all,

Is it normal to have nose bleeding ? Currently i am about 20 weeks. I have nose bleeding suddenly in my sleep last night and it continue in the morning a while.

I am kinda of worried. Could it be the medicine i am taking currently (Nifedipine capsules Calcigard - 10) I have send an email to Dr but yet to get any reply. Pls advise.

sunflower,
it is also a preggy symptom to experience nose bleeding as the blood flow has increased alot during pregnancy. But it will be gd to ask your gynae for advice.
happy.gif

Hi bliss,

can update me in the list
I'm under PC Wong from NUH, just had my scan done last week, having 2 boys. EDD 25 Dec.

updated,
<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Baby gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Imel</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy (delivered)</TD><TD>21 Apr 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Juju</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl (delivered on 7 May)</TD><TD>6 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy(delivered on 12 May)</TD><TD>12 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bliss</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Sadhana</TD><TD>1 boy (delivered on 21 May)</TD><TD>27 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>3 boys (delivered on 1 May)</TD><TD>11 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pleasance</TD><TD>In KL</TD><TD></TD><TD>1girl 1 boy(delivered on 1 Jun)</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Hopfully</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl 1 boy(delivered on 7 Jun)</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ponytail</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong</TD><TD>2 girls(delivered)</TD><TD>4 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy(delivered on 24 Jul)</TD><TD>25 Aug 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Littlebee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>3 girls</TD><TD>24 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Kaira</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>30 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Cribby</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof Ng</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Bee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>1 Nov 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>15 </TD><TD>Tintedsky</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof SC Ng</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>18 Nov 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Lina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>7 Dec 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Itjabi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>17 Dec 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Sophia Cheng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>25 Dec 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>cactus13</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof PC Wong</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>25 Dec09 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi,

I suspect my 3-yr old gal has chicken pox, she has red dots all over the body. Just wondering will it affect me? Anyone has experience to share?

hi! all juz like to check, is it okie to get intimate with our husbands while pregnant? Juz worried if it can trigger any complications.

Back