IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Hi all,
wanna to congratulate pleasance and hopfully on giving birth to their twins recently.
Pleasance gave birth on last Monday and hopfully today morning!
happy.gif

Hope to see both of your bb boy and bb girl pics in the fb soon!
happy.gif

updated,
<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Baby gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Imel</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy (delivered)</TD><TD>21 Apr 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Juju</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl (delivered on 7 May)</TD><TD>6 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy(delivered on 12 May)</TD><TD>12 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bliss</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Sadhana</TD><TD>1 boy (delivered on 21 May)</TD><TD>27 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>3 boys (delivered on 1 May)</TD><TD>11 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pleasance</TD><TD>In KL</TD><TD></TD><TD>1girl 1 boy(delivered on 1 Jun)</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Hopfully</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl 1 boy(delivered on 7 Jun)</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ponytail</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong</TD><TD>2 girls</TD><TD>4 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>25 Aug 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Littlebee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>3 girls</TD><TD>24 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Kaira</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>30 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Cribby</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof Ng</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Bee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>1 Nov 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>15 </TD><TD>Tintedsky</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof SC Ng</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>18 Nov 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Lina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>7 Dec 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Itjabi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Sophia Cheng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Ponytail
your turn next... arent you excited? all set??was lookg at the table of mum-to-be, wah, we are at the half way mark liao...

Ponytail
noticed you are with NUH...My detailed scan is done at ADC NUH though I am with Gleneagles. My gynae at GlenE said its better to deliver at NUH shld i have premature delivery coz of charges. So, i need to find out from you the charges and all. Would you have any infor on that to share?

hi bliss,

just read your story.
Hisk hiskk.. yup.. we miss the moment that bb come out thru normal delivery. Too bad, our hubby can't see the process.

Strange ohh.. how come i din feel any contraction pain after 1st and 2nd prostin put in ohh...

and during the labour process, i also din feel any pain :D, strange ohhh...

develyn,
welcome!
happy.gif
You dont cry huh...
happy.gif
hugz..
Know you are feeling very lousy during this 1st trimester, but must endure, ok? Everything will be alright soon. You can sms me if u want to. PM me your hp no then.
happy.gif

Hi Juju ,

I went to the 2010 mummies to be forum mah.. ermm many dunno my suffer of OHSS and why my ovaries still swelling.. so just can communicate normal stuffs there.. Wow i am so happy to see u all here... cos it is more cosy.. keke

Hi Bless ,

No need PM.. my no already very popular liao..
My no. 98560606.. i still got urge to cry for the past few days.. but definately better than last week... at least now i can sit down and surf everyday..
happy.gif
Still long long way to 2nd trimester lor... 7weeks 3days only.. Lolz.. counting everyday man !

develyn,
hee... dat's why i only realli chatted wif the may09 mtbs near end of 2nd tri. beginning, i only read &amp; pick up tips on bb shopping etcs.
u can quietly go read &amp; see wat tips there are. sometimes ppl compare notes, we can refer also.

glad u r much better now. keep up ur +ve outlook! keep thinking happy things, if cry due to happy things is ok.
btw, i read dat preggie mummies who have mood swings will affect newborn bb's sleeping schedules. maybe dat's why my gal's sleep is haywire.
try to be happy!

Hi develyn
Welcome welcome... I have seen your nick before in the Ivf forum when i was there.. Which gynae/hospital are you in? hope everything is well withyou so far.

Hi Juju ,

Noted..
happy.gif

Hi 76 ,

Yupz.. super poster in IVF forum.. i am with Dr Loh @ KKIVF.. Things just get better this week.. hope it remains this way..
happy.gif
counting down of 1st trimester.. so slow.. :p

Hi Lina/Jo ,

Haha.. yes.. i am at the correct thread liao..
Btw, Jo give birth already ?

Hi develyn, glad to see you here. I read about your sufferings at the other thread, bear with it ok. Think positively as it will affect the twins.
I just came back from KKH from the Down Syndrome Test. Praise the Lord that they are normal!
I have been very worried for the past few weeks as I am 36 and I have an uncle with DS. So the odds were against me. However, I told myself not to brood about it but to enjoy the fact that the IVF was a success.
Got to see my twins moving about today. Twin B was really naughty and moving about so much that the sonographer commented that it was a naughty one. Took about 1 hr to complete, which was good as there were some ladies who took 4 hrs due to the wrong position.

hi jo,
it is really strange that you did not experience any labour pain when contraction started. But gd for you not feeling any contraction as well as labour pain.
Btw, do you experience lots of womb contraction since after delivery? I have been getting a lot, still getting now, esp while lying in bed. The wound and the contractions both occur at the same time at times, can be very uncomfortable. But once there is lots of womb contractions, my tummy seems to flatten more, do you experience that?

updated,
<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Baby gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Imel</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy (delivered)</TD><TD>21 Apr 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Juju</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl (delivered on 7 May)</TD><TD>6 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy(delivered on 12 May)</TD><TD>12 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bliss</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Sadhana</TD><TD>1 boy (delivered on 21 May)</TD><TD>27 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>3 boys (delivered on 1 May)</TD><TD>11 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pleasance</TD><TD>In KL</TD><TD></TD><TD>1girl 1 boy(delivered on 1 Jun)</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Hopfully</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl 1 boy(delivered on 7 Jun)</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ponytail</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong</TD><TD>2 girls</TD><TD>4 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>25 Aug 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Littlebee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>3 girls</TD><TD>24 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Kaira</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>30 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Cribby</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof Ng</TD><TD>2 boys</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Bee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>1 Nov 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>15 </TD><TD>Tintedsky</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof SC Ng</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>18 Nov 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Lina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>7 Dec 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Itjabi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Sophia Cheng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>25 Dec 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

juju/bliss/lina/hopefully

Thanks n sorry for the late posting.Been busy with my little prince and princess.Lucky my confinement lady very expert, can handle both the babies very well even though the babies are very small sized.

A little update here, i have delivered on 1st june 2009 via c-section on 35W3D.I had too frequent contractions and the babies head very engaged, doc say its due for delivery anytime so decided to deliver then. Baby boy weigh 2.46kg and baby gal weigh 2.168kg. Babies stayed 6 days in hospital as they r very small sized and they had jaudice.

Heres pic of my little prince and princess

2561243.jpg

develyn
Congrates !! U made it !! so happy to see u in this forum.u having twins too?

Hopefully,
Gal hows ur delivery? heard u have poped too..congrates.

Ponytail
U r next !! prepared? going for c-section or natural?

juju/bliss
i never feel any contractions...my tummy still look 5 mths preggy..haizzzzzz . ur tummies all flat alreadi?

Hi Sophia ,

How many weeks are u now ? I really wanna know more abt. the scan.. i heard twins cannot do OSCAR test.. and there is risk to check for DS and u have to sign indemnity.. is it true ? Cos my uncle has DS bb boy also and i am also worried.. but if got harm to bbs, i rather dun do it.. can u share with me more on when is the scan and test taken ? I will be gtg for 8wks scan next friday.. i am 26 this year...

Hi Pleasance ,

So proud of u.. such a cute prince and princess.. u have been a wonderful mum !
How's your C-sect wound ? Is it very painful?
Sorry, trying to get myself ready... :p

develyn

hmmm...the most painful part will be the 2nd day where the nurses removed all ur tubes,asked u to get down and walk to toilet..u can really cry on the 1st step.

Doc will check ur wound 1 week after discharge, the surface should have healed by then. However for twin pregnancy, our uterus will expand bigger than usual as compared to others, thus it takes longer time to heal.U can still feel the pain in the inner layer when u pressed ur tummy. My tummy still look like 5 mths preggy..

Pleasance,

OIC... then u should have a hard time to take care of your babies too.. Brave mummy man .. Nevermind, u can slim down later cos u will have lots of outings with babies later :p

Hi Develyn, I am 12 wks 1 day today. Actually Dr Loh was the one who encouraged me to do the test. There are 3 packages for the test. I took package B which is blood test and detailed scan at 12th week. You will be counselled at #1 AMC about the different packages. Because of the twins, the cost is much more as they scan two babies. No risk whatsoever. No indemnity to sign. I think you are talking about the risk when you have to do the aminocentisis (not sure of spelling. That is when the risk of DS is high and the gynae will extract the fluid from the aminotic sac for further test. The risk then is a miscarriage. But dun worry about that yet. But you are young lah, may not have to do the test. Check with Dr Loh when you see him, he will advise you.

pleasance,
ur twins r cute!
the uterus contractions i referred to, are those felt during breastfeeding. cos dat will aid in faster uterus shrinking. it's a bit like menses cramps.
my tummy not flat yet. still look 3-4 mths pregs.

develyn/sophia,
if u r referring to the amnio test, it's usually only for preggers who are aged 35 &amp; above.
i only did the DS package - think i chose the cheaper blood test + scan package.

Dear all, thank u for the well wishes! I delivered on 36 weeks 4 days with My ger at 2.47 n boy at 1.82 kg. Boy still in SCN cos need to gain weight till 2kg before discharge. Have been trying hard to adapt to the new life. However, we are happy to welcome the drastic changes in life because we can finally see our little precious.

Yes i fully agreed with pleasance. The Most unbearable part is when the nurse asked you to sit up n go to the toilet on the second day. I sit up for 1 hours and still cant stand up. It is really painful till i cried too, thinking how come i am so useless. But strangely, once you just make the 1st step , although still painful, it becomes gradually acceptable.

Wishing all ladies a smooth and safe delivery and enjoy the 1st undescribable moment of holding your babies!
happy.gif

dev,
din manage to find the link. but u can ask for a brochure the next time u go for scan or see dr loh.

hopefully,
congrats again! hope ur boy can be discharged soon!

Hi all,

Think I should join this thread too!! hehehe! Thanks Lina for the link.
happy.gif

Hi Pleasance and hopfully, congratulations on the birth of your twins. One boy one gal, how nice!
happy.gif
Me no chance. having singleton.
happy.gif

Pleasance, your confinement lady is good is it? Can I have her no please? Thinking of getting a confinement lady too... but mine will stretch over CNY period. Do you think you can help me sound out your confinement lady if she is willing to do over CNY period?? My EDD is tentatively ard 28Jan. I'm aiming to deliver @ 38weeks so that wont kena CNY. hehehe! My elder son was delivered @ 37weeks. So dr said high chance this one will be early too.

Hi serene

Personally i'm really happy with my CL, find her really good, whether in handling babies or taking care of mum.But sad to say her bookings alreadi full till next yr . She is not available to do confinment for u on Jan but she has friends who r interested. Call sam ng at 6016 6371382 if u need her recommendation.

Hi Pleasance,

Thanks for checking out. I've noted the no. Will call her after discussion with my hubby. Thanks dear! You are so lucky cos not easy to find good CL nowadays. My SIL changed 2 CLs within 3 weeks and in the end do confinement on her own in the 4th week. I see already also very scared..

Hi Develyn,

HAve you book your post natal massage? Me damn KS. Just called this lady and booked her le. She was recommended by my sis. My sis used her for her previous 2 pregnancy and is going to use her when her 3rd one is borned. According to my sis, she is very good but very painful cos she'll rub and rub you to get rid of all the wind in your body.
I couldnt engaged her for my 1st pregnancy because I called too late and she was all fully booked le so this time round i'm very KS.. call and book her very early! kekeke!
If you are interested, I can give you her no.
happy.gif

pleasance - your twins so cute !! and they're good weight too. is your c-sect date scheduled by doc or it just come naturally

hopefully - hope to see pics of your twins soon !!

devlyn - hi remember me ? congrats on your twins too. you know gender already ?

76 - not sure abt costs, depends on package you take.

Pleasance,
your twins are very adorable!
happy.gif
Happy for you!
happy.gif

I feel womb contractions ever since after delivery, still getting it now, but not as frequent as earlier on. Yes, my tummy is almost flat liao after last 2 weeks of frequent and intense contractions. Me still feeling slight pain on and off on my c section wound. Hope to heal completely as soon as possible, coz my SAHM life is going to start very soon, in 1 more week time!!

Hopfully,
dont worry about your boy, I am sure he will be home very soon. Sms me anytime if you have any questions.
happy.gif
Your parents are staying with you to help you during confinement, rite?
You take good care hor.
happy.gif

hi bliss,
all gear up for sahm life? do get a part time helper for the starting part.

hi serene,
welcome to this thread.

Back