IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Maykel,
dont think there is such website with this service. think must ask the elderly the exact pronounciations of the dialect names.

Hi Bliss,
Thank you.
Apparently my PE is getting worse and the 2nd twin is not growing. Furthermore, my cervix had opened 2cm, so doc decide to induce labour. I wanted to try natural, but after a long day, it didn't work and i was very drowsy already and babies heartbeat oso had some dips, so tats why they decided on op.

Thanks for the info on the translation. I'll login again whenever i can, take care.

maykel - congrats ! hope your babies grow big and strong. you take care too.

bliss -i'll check my mail box today. thanks. i must go thank lina too. on milk bottles, i'm going to buy soon too. since i bought the avent sterilizer which comes with a few free bottles, i think i will buy avent bottles. they have anti-colic bottles too. though i think more ex$

HI, i am a newcomer and has been reading the threads but not sure if I have read enough.
anyone can help me with who has completed the ivf cycle recently, how long it takes fr 1st cosultation to the results of the IVF?
Also, read alot about the injections, wat to expect huh?

Hi Maykel,
Congratulations!!! You made it to 31 weeks. Hope your babies grow bigger day by day and will return home to you shortly. At this moment you have to rest well and get stronger to welcome your princesses home =D

hi maykel,
congrats! yup, you delivered same day as emma! have a good rest and we all pray for the healthy recovery of you and your babies.

not that i wish for anything negative, but ladies after me have delivered!! haha.. i can't wait for my turn! baby, oh baby.. please tell me when can i see you? lol!

ponytail,
oic... maybe NUH different.

merlenna,
u ever kena bb is at 1 side, but doc always scan bb in another position?

lina / bliss,
thanks for the cds. received liao. will test the cds when more free.

bliss,
ya, head down but not engaged. dunno why sometimes head at right side (of waist), sometimes above the pelvic.
ooh, maybe ur bb more active.
i only bot NUK bottles, haven't decide whether to buy avent also. but, SILs passed me a lot of bottles, which i have not open to see. i wonder if those yellowish ones are ok to use or not.

maykel,
congrats! another shocking news!
u must rest well. i believe ur bbs will be home wif u soon! take care!

Cribby
my first few scans were 1 week apart. This is the first time it is 2 weeks apart. This Sat, seeing my gynae, so see when is the next schedule. will then be able to tell you the pattern, hehe. I am at Gleneagles, not NUH, personal preference is private hospital, so cant comment much on govt hospital. are you on any medication?

Hi Maykel
Congrats! We gave birth on the same date. Take good care of yourself!

Hi juju, merlenna,bliss, pleasance,josephine
Thanks! Soon will be you gals turn! It's handful to look after 2 bbs at the same time but lucky my CL is good and efficient. My girl already needs attention esp. in the nite...

Hi 76, ponytail and Sam
I was 37 weeks when I delivered my bbs. Was advised by my gynae that I will have to undergo GA when I was 25 weeks. Was in the operation rm for about 1 hr and so 'drowsy' from the GA after I woke up,managed to see the bbs for few mins the moment I was awake and after that they were brought for a clean up.
Was groggy for the whole day as was on drip. Stayed in the hospital for 4 days. I tried to breastfeed the bbs at the hospital but was weak to do so and now Im trying my best to bf but seems like milk flow is still slooooowwww. So now got to drink more soup to enhance more milk...hehe. Hope it helps.
By the way 76, was shocked to see my bill :p we are paying for a prof's service lah, that's y.

emma - sounds smooth. hope your milk flow increases. i intend to breastfeed too, but dont know if it will be difficult especially if going for c-sect. rest well
happy.gif

hi juju,
yah, baby was always on my left. during the scans, the sonographer don't need to move much just keep lathering the gel on my left only.. everytime scan the same.. when i sleep, i rarely sleep on my left coz baby will make a big fuss and kick alot until i shift to my right.

after my pre-natal massage, the scanner at least is somewhere in the center during scanning. plus, i do feel baby's legs both on left and right side (both side lower ribs always kena kick).. and i can shift position now to left or right during sleep. don't need to shelf pillow under tummy also.. can sleep normally.. only that now, since she's bigger, everytime i change position, i will wake up and shift body very, very slowly..

hi maykel,
congrats! must have been so good to see your babies! may they grow, grow, grow! are you giving them breastmilk?

hi earthling,
once you get the go-ahead from the doctor and have done the necessary blood tests/counselling/signing of consent forms, they will schedule your program to begin with daily downregulation shots on day 21 of your cycle. (i think some people begin earlier on the bcp though.) it took me about 1.5 months from first jab to results. don't worry about the injections they're almost painless, except for the trigger shot - try and get it done on your butt instead of your thigh and you'll be fine.
happy.gif
all the best to you!

hi 76,
im on progesterone pills twice daily, folic acid and obimin. i should start the fish oil pills soon though. how about you?

Hi ladies,
Thanks so much for all teh well-wishes. After delivery, everything seems so different...no more talking to tummy and no more CRIB for me. I suddenly felt that i can live 'normally' again after my confinement...the feeling is kinda strange. But of cos i am happy that i can finally see and hold my babies
happy.gif
its a wonderful feeling yet it can can stressful.

Merlenna, be patient, ur turn coming soon, good to hold them longer, then you won't have to face the stress that me and Cale are facing now.

Cribby,
I am pumping BM about 4hrly daily, but actually must be 3hrly but my BM not much so its kinda stressful to pump so little each time. I'm trying my best cos now the 2 babies need my BM. I did not pump at nite cos my wound still healing and i can't sleep well at nite.

Merlenna,
thx for sharing.

Maykel,
glad dat u r coping. have more soup, esp fish soup AND more milk for urself - heard can aid more BM production.
take care & rest well

Juju,

$5k plus at Sgh. TMC says for my case is $7K plus. I prefer to deliver at TMC..cause dun really fancy the environment at SGH. Hmmm well see how if need emergency to go in no choice if not will stick to my plan at TMC>

ponytail,
the heartbeat one is harp music with heartbeat as background. Lina told me that it is meant to let baby to hear especially after given birth... will make baby feel safe and comfy as it sounds like when inside mother's womb, can still hear the heartbeat. haha!
happy.gif

Maykel,
happy for you to have started enjoying real motherhood already.
happy.gif
Cale and you have skipped most of the 3rd trimester huh...heehee... shorter pregnancy.
happy.gif

So when will your princesses be going home? How are their progress now?
So you go to KKH everyday and feed them with breastmilk? So you dont need the confinement lady at all? Or just ask her to come when babies are back home?
You take good care.

Cribby
I am taking progynova, duphaston and 2 folic acid pills 3x a day. Plus inserting crinone daily. btw do all preggies have to take fish oil? dun sound appealing to me

hi maykel,
well done, that's really good news that you're feeding your little ones bm. don't worry i think the more you pump the greater the production. just take care of yourself... hope your babies come home soon!

hi 76,
wow you're taking a lot of supplements! all those will be stopped after the first trimester right? the doc says i'll only need obimin and the fish oil tablets after the first trimester. the fish oil tablets are called neurogain and i think they are for the baby's developing brain? since it's a pill i don't think we'll taste it much, but i haven't tried it yet. hehe!

Sam,
wow! sgh also not cheap leh...

Cribby/ 76,
since 2nd tri, i've been taking obimin, calcium & fish oil capsules (no smell - brand is natal care plus). calcium actually dun nid, but dr loh advised me to take cos i had leg twitches and cramps dat time. so continued since then...

hi Bliss,
I got check at Metro.
1 Avent Bottle 125ml - BPA Free - $15.9.
1 Avent Bottle 125ml - Normal - $9... (something, i forget).
And some more for Avent brand only come out 125ml.
Hahaha... yea.. i also prefer Avent.
same same... i also wondering what baby bottle i should buy.
Hahahahaha :D

btw, i heard got Baby fair at Takashimaya start from 12 March till ... (forget the date).
any one go there?

cribby/juju
i also take iron pills...and btw, i cant swallow pills..so i dissolve all my pills including iron...(overnight, coz iron cant disssolve easily in time for my work time)so you can imagine the yucky feeling i get....so, when you say fish oil, i can start imagining the smell.

Sam,
what did you buy? What is worth buying there huh?
I dont know the prices of baby stuffs selling outside, dont know how to compare the prices...

Bliss,

I only left few items to buy, so i bought some disposable papers for lining the bed, bought the nipple brush, cotton tips for babies, bought my rocker as fisher price got discount, bought some toys.. many at 20% like Tomy, Tiny Love etc...And since got sale so bought my musical mobile, stocking up my wet wipes...wah too many to name.. but its so much better cause many items to buy rather than the lousy expo fair..

hi ladies,
agreed! i enjoyed myself at taka baby fair. i finally got baby's car seat.. very gd price rather than spending a huge sum. there's lots of supplies for you to get and stock up. its definitely much, much better than the baby fair at expo..

Sam, merlenna,
wow, the taka baby fair really sounded worthy to go from u both. Hmm, will definitely go and have a look too, probably one of next weekdays, hopefully not too many pple then.
happy.gif

Hi ladies
I just did my scan today and lo and behold! I am expecting twins!! My gynae was surprised himself too as he said how cme din detect the last few rounds through v-scan.Tdy is my start of week 11 and 1st time tummy scan. So, 2 heartbeats about 175beats per minute. So exciting!! But that will also mean my EDD will be earlier around week 36-38 and I have to do c-section. Nevertheless, still unexpected....

Cribby
I am changing medication starting this week. Will still take progynova, duphaston and folic acid 3x a day. But no more progesterone crinone insert. Have to add calcium, coz i complain of calf ache. Stop my HCG Pregnyl jab too, now just take proluton depot jab on backside twice a week by GP.

hi 76
congrats on twins.

emma & maykel,
congrats on the safe delivery.

re: taka fair
worth while to go - most items on 20% discount, if have taka card, additional 10%. but additional discount only till tomorrow.

hi 76,
omg twins!! congrats!! can't believe they only spotted it now?! you're on week 11 already? i've just started week 10... i thought we did our ET at around the same time though? anyhow im so happy for you, twins is wonderful!

about the fish oil pills, i can't imagine dissolving them! eww.. but i don't think they are absolutely necessary, especially if you have enough fish (other than shark and those with high mercury content) in your diet already. you must be glad to finally stop those daily jabs and inserts.
happy.gif

when's your next scan? mine's at week 12... so far away...

oh btw 76, just curious, did you see your babies' arms and legs at the scan? how big were your babies and what did they look like? hehe

so nice and happy to hear about that! It is really bonus to have twins! Your one baby must have been very shy to show up, hid behind the other until now... heehee... :D
Enjoy such a happy weekend then and must take extra care!
happy.gif

juju,

I also went to taka fair today again, bought a lot of things again... haha.. bought the baby gund cause so pretty and cute.. bought wet wipes cause im stocking them up now.. wanted to buy the huggies to get the diaper bag but too bad only for m size n above wor... hmmm bought some more toys again..haha.. never ending.. hope no more fair liao cause my wallet crying for help and hubby also screaming for help liao.

hi sam,
you are so funny expressing "wallet crying" hahahaha :D
I just went there this morning around 11am.
Today total damage almost $600. I got buy Maclaren Techno XT, Avent Food Warmer, Nappy liner, Nose bla bla (forget) and few small thing. I also ask Takashimaya to deliver the item to my house. Hopefully will reach by next Wednesday.

Yea yea.. Taka baby fair is worth it compare to Baby fair at Expo. I haven't buy any toy yet cos confuse what toy should buy.

Waaa Sam.... how much roughly is your total damage?

hi juju,
i think cos u have buy the thing already.
Have you buy baby stroller?
i got buy Mclaren techno xt 2008 quite cheap leh.. only $458 + additional 10% with DBS taka so total abt $412,2.
Cos last time at baby fair expo they sell mclaren techno xt 2008 at $568. it is much cheaper at taka than expo.

jo,
SIL passed us an old 4-wheel stroller, so hubby say dun nid the original 3-wheeler liao. think i nid another playpen @ MIL house, hubby also say dun nid. everything also dun nid. he nvr think, nid another set @ caregiver's place

Jo,

Roughly about the same as you... but i got no pram ... all are daily neccessities and developmental toys, rocker cause the pram i want is not coming into singapore already.. so sad.. can only buy from US..

I'm not sure if you bought the wet wipes pigeon brand, but i think worth it.. the 6pk is $19.50, outside selling 3 pk at $10.80 usually.

I wanted to buy the huggies to get the free siaper bag cause i think worth it but too bad only for M size n above, but huggies diaper worth it only $14.70, Buy from JB cheapest is ard Sing $15.20 per pack.

Sorry huh, im stocking up cause i need to buy for 3 babies and can save more also..Maybe singleton mummies need not stock so much.. But i will be glad to look for bulk purchase at special price than let you all ladies know if interested to share or not..

Back