IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Maykel,

Oh dear, sorry to hear that you are still in hospital.. Were you in pain when admitted to hospital? Hmmm did your doctor mention anything to you about TTTS? Well, a mother's faith is the strongest among all things in the world. Be strong and you can cross this hurdle..Your babies need to grow more now ... Please think positively now and hang on... JIA YOU MUMMY!!

Hi juju,
Thank you
happy.gif

Hi Emma,
Hope you have a smooth delivery.

Hi Sam,
Mine is not TTTS cos my gals have separate placenta. Thanks, will be positive and update you gals whenever possible.

Maykel,
relieved to hear from you finally and everything is ok for you and babies. It must be uncomfortable to stay in hosp for so long and undergoing all those checkups and worries. Praying for you and babies will be safe and well throughout... hugz...
happy.gif

ladies,
hey, I also went to the baby fair yesterday afternoon. It was very disappointing, so many pple crowded there, hardly have space to see much. My hubby and I took less than 15 mins inside the hall and left emptyhanded. Haiz... the things selling there are not cheap too, I find the same products selling cheaper in other places, so not very worthwhile lah. No free samples there somemore.
sad.gif
hahaha!

juju,
thanks.
happy.gif

ya, I also think that the measurement is not very accurate. I am happy as long as baby is growing well and his size is within normal range.
happy.gif

ya, I took those preserved酸梅,无花果and 山楂. Actually not very good to eat those lah, but they did help me from the MS for a few days. Dont worry too much, perhaps you dont take these preserved fruits if you are worried. Can try some ginger tea if you have nausea. I tried to eat fresh oranges and pears which helped the most. But my mum told me not to eat oranges as it may cause phelgm in baby. But I was so miserable with MS that time, I still took oranges. :p

hi emma,
i was told by her that she'll come for 7 days in a row for massage and do the necessary. i think that's quite standard. some people wanna extend to 10 days.. so no problem if you want to.. coz its payment by days..

hi maykel,
so sorry to hear about your condition. you rest well yeah.. more impt is that babies grow, grow, grow.. let's pray that you won't have to deliver them so early.

emma,
true la. other than pureen & johnson booths, the rest seems meaningless to me. dun say aunties push ah, even preggies, ppl carry bbs also push like nobody's biz.

sam,
ya, u try to call them. NUH ADC - 6772 5180.
at NUH main building, level 1
ya, look at the clips in office lor. at home look at fotos cos using mini laptop. screen not good.
no idea abt diff in weight during scanning & birth leh, haven't birth yet. maybe u ask gynae? i only noe scanning not accurate cos is calculated based on bb's dimensions.

Emma
my next visit is 2 weeks lor. His medication is steep, i am still taking crinone and jabs, thats why lah... But after my 10th week, dunno what is the frequency... when does he start offering package?

Ladies
I am told to go NUH for some Down syndrome scan in week 13...What am i to expect? is it invasive?

Bliss
Thanks for your suggestion. Guess what, i have been eating only apples and apples for fruits. Scared the others too liang. I love grapes actually, wonder if that is ok.Ginger tea a bit 'spicy' right? will be 'juak' or not? wait more piles and constipation.

hi 76,
great to hear about your baby's heartbeat! i didn't get to know the rate of my baby's heartbeat at the first scan because they said they only wait till later on to measure, i'm not sure why.

your 10 week scan will be exciting because the baby's features will probably be recognizable.
happy.gif

i've opted not to go for the down syndrome scan, but i heard that it's just a normal ultrasound but more detailed and it would take a longer time.

hi juju,
Not crowded as KKH - ADC?
For me, i only take abt 1hrs and still can not find his better face (cos got others patient outside). Then doctor ask me to come back after all patient done to look for his face. Hehehehe..
have you sign delivery package at KKH?

hi cribby,
i also did not my bb heartbeat that time. Doc only told me got heartbeat... hehehe

Hi ladies,
I was at baby fair also, very disappointing. Empty handed. Thinking to buy AVENT Food warmer but ohhh... although they got promotions the price still expensive because Robinson got promotion Avent Food Warmer + bottle only cost abt $112 cheaper buy at Robinson. ^_^

Hi ladies
just to check with you, what acne cream you using? I got breakout but cant use my current one coz got retinol A.. Any tips? I intend to buy after work today...cant tahan liao

I have been taking apples and grapes all along too. I just find fresh oatmeal works best for me. I have oats in my milo every morning and i will go toilet after that. Yes, dont take ginger if you feel it is heaty for u. I was told not to take too much ginger too, coz some believe that too much ginger will cause jaundice in babies.

bliss - i heard from my colleagues that shouldnt take ginger if you're breastfeeding cos baby will have jaundice. is this correct? but if dont take ginger then the other will be very 'cold'. how like that ?

ponytail,
I think a little of ginger in the confinement food is ok. Unless the baby's jaundice is quite serious, if not, baby normally will recover very fast after birth and mother taking bit ginger in the food is fine.

jo,
when i 1st went kkh-adc, was almost 5pm, so not much ppl. the 2nd time on sat am also not crowded leh.
nuh-adc they have 4 rooms & all got sonographers, so it depends bah.
u mean got 4D scan at kkh-adc?
delivery pkg, not yet. u sign alrdy? i dunno take 1-bed or 4-bed leh... very sianz.

cribby/jo,
i only heard bb's heartbeat 2 times. 1st is during DS, 2nd is @ nuh. nuh sonographer did a general scan & on sound to let us hear heartbeat. pity nvr record down, i thot it sounded quite nice. swooshy kinda sound.

hi juju, i was told to only book a bed when i was in my 33rd week. but i didn't book also coz gotta downpayment 1.5k for a B1 (4 bed) class since we are from pvt suite patients. i'll book it this week when i go for my checkup... for the A1 (1 bed) class u got to get ready more than 2k as downpayment. so i guess u work within ur means.. since i want my gynae to deliver me, i'll only have these 2 options. other classes will only be if you choose to be attended by doctors on duty on the day of ur delivery. most likely i choose B1 lah.. must be practical when it comes to spending money in times like these..

Hi ladies,
I agree with all of you that the baby fair is so disappointing, its an anti-climax. Went there on sunday, took 20mins to find parking and when I went in, my goodness nothing to buy. I wanted to buy Avent product and in the end things that I wanted to buy sold out. I didn't have the chance to buy anything. In the end, I went to parkway parade, to buy all the baby stuffs. Felt so much better after that.

Maykel,
Keep hanging on!!! and pls ask the doctor to monitor closely on your liver enzyme too coz there may be a sign of fatty liver of pregnancy and this may be another indication for early c-section.

hi ladies
discovered that i got more hair growth near my belly button, dunno if i am more sensitive or what. Also, wonder if my pregnyl and proluton jabs that i am still taking can cause bloatedness coz i am feeling bloated..dunno if its fats or bb...dun think so fast can see my bb right? i am only 8weeks+

Oh yah, for your info, i emailed my gynae abt the pimple cream. He asks me to tahan till 12 weeks then can take some bland cream.... in the meantime, use simple facial wash... Sigh.... i better dun eat too much sugary and heaty food that will cause outbreak.

Hi 76,
Ya its part of the pregnancy. We will become hairy especially near the stomach. Even your armpit and nipple will become darker in color. But all these will disappear once your hormone become normal again (i.e. after delivery).
Regarding the pimple cream I have asked the doctor before, he said I can use differin as its safer for pregnancy.

Hi ponytail,
I think you have to see the doctor for your haemarroids. The condition will become worsen as pregnancy progress especially when you want to go for natural delivery.

merlenna,
cannot use medisave mah? like dat then bo bian le. can only choose the cheapest available else hubby will go crazy.

dun worry. usu will have more hair & nail growth during pregnany. i hv hairy stomach now!

Hi All Mothers To Be,

I need helping hands. My husband's sister in-law needs someone to take care of her and her 5 mths old baby girl after she have her fibroids remove. Pity my husband's brother busy to find a confinement lady for his wife.

If anyone have good confinement lady to introduce pls PM me.

Thank you so much for reading my posting.

Latest update,

My detailed scan postponed to 16 March cause doc says can see better .... so its on my 21 weeks. Yesterday doc did the cervix scan for me ... its 2.7cm and cut off at 30 weeks is 2.5cm, he say need to monitor and delay, its a sign of pre term labour.. No wonder my V is feeling so sore and am feeling so heavy recently... Need to be back on pregesterone again... other than that the 3 babies are doing well, i really really hope i can tahan at least another 13-14 weeks.

sam,
now u make me worry. i've been feeling sore down there as well. guess have to ask dr loh to do cervix scan for me also

juju,

Oh issit.. i never realise le.. cause the soreness just happen recently and i thought maybe its the expanding and normal until gynae scanned me... Yes im actually very terrified now.. cause im only 18 weeks plus now only..so he put me back on progesterone cause he says progesterone is a very good medicine to prolong pregnancy.

bliss,
No i did not, the first cervix scan was done ard 10 weeks, im not sure if other preggie ladies done that cause mine was triplets so need to check if cervix length ok, if not than have to think of alternative like sewing it or something like that, but that time was ok and he says sewing have risk of infection and its bad for bb too, so on Monday before i get up and leave he was suggesting to check my cervix and who knows is shortening already..I got my bb weight also is only ard 200 plus gram and ard 16.5cm.. so small hor..

Ard 30 weeks the cervix should shorten to ard 2.5cm and it will go down further to prepare for birth.

Dear gals,

was rushed to a & E on sunday night as had sudden bleeding, thought that we were going to lose baby as was bleeding profusely, even the doctor told us there was nothing else they can do as bb is not viable at 15 weeks and just said to pray hard. It was a horrific night.

fortunately after increasing the progesterone jabs/meds, the bleeding clotted on Monday. Another scan showed the baby heartbeat to be strong.

Tuesday's scan showed that the bleed came from the placenta, and that there's nothing else we can do except lots of rest(CRIB) + progesterone jabs/pills.

hubby now ration my online time to 5 min a day so can only scan thru the messages here.

oh yes, we are having a boy.

hi ladies - went for my check up yesterday. was sooooo excited, thought can know babies' gender. but doc says to wait till week 22 for more confirmed results. could see both babies inside my tummy, looking fine, and quite big
happy.gif
1 was sleeping, 1 was flexing his muscles. ha ha, so funny. now i cant wait till my detailed scan... 3 more weeks.

babymaking - glad that your baby is fine. do you know why caused the bleeding ?

bliss - oh i see, ok i think as long take ginger in moderation should be ok

Babymaking
It must have been traumatic and nerve wrecking for you. I would be scared if i were you. Just rest well and dun bother about other things. I feel like taking leave to go home and sleep too...Sigh but must strategize and plan my leave properly...sigh

ponytail
Can understand your excitement!! Every stage is such fun and excitement if everything so 'shun-shun'. I machiam like living by the weeks, waiting for next scan, next test etc....till 40 weeks

babymaking,
sorry to hear that, must be very scary and worrying. i somehow sensed something happened when I didnt see you on MSN for some time le, quite worried for you.
Glad that baby is fine. Congrats on having a baby boy.
happy.gif

You must rest well, your baby is a strong boy.
happy.gif

Sam,
oh i see. You must stay positive, your triplets will stay strong with you.
happy.gif

Ponytail,
glad to hear about your joy and excitement.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
Thanks for all the well wishes. I am doing fine here
happy.gif
. My baby also started gaining weight.

Btw, I still have 4 boxes of utrogestan left, would like to let it go cheap. If you are interested, do PM me. Thanks!

Hi Bliss,
Yes, doctor also did not know why the early contraction. It happens so fast, by the time i reached hospital and they did the cervix check, I am already fully dilated. So, no point to take epidural already. Only on gas when the contraction come, but I think it did not help much in terms of relieving the contraction pain.

Cale,
oh... so were you under lots of pain during delivery? Can share? Your story is amazing to me.
happy.gif

Are you having anyone to help you during confinement?

Hi Bliss,

By the time i reached hospital, the pain is already very intense and come in very short interval. My contraction pain is quite different from normal contraction, as I don't feel the menstrual cramp contraction at all, that's why i did not suspect earlier that i was having contraction when i started have the mild backache at night. The pain all go to my lower back.

If I were to go hospital earlier when i experience the backache, I could have able to hold my baby longer. The things is I never know that's the onset of the contraction.

From the time the pain got intense to the delivery of my baby, it's only about an hour time, so the labour pain it's not long.

Yes, mMy mil's fren help to cook the confinement food for me.

Cale,
did the breathing method help? Got to do episiotomy? no need to have any forceps or tools to help baby out right?
Dr Loh was in time to deliver for you?
Oh Cale, that must be very shocking to you.

So when will your baby coming home? Got to stay in KK for how long?

Cale,
why is it that you could have able to hold baby longer if you were to go KK earlier? Would going hosp earlier help to prevent further dilation?

Hi Bliss,
I think if i can go to KKH earlier at the beginning of contraction, may be the medicine can still help to stop the contraction or at least delay the labour a few more days.

When i was already fully dilated, the drip to stop the contraction did not help at all. The urge to push is already very strong, the feeling is like passing motion.

I forgot everything when in labour, the nurse/doctor ask me to breath in and breath out deeply, but it did not help too. No episiotomy for me and baby can come out without the assisting tool. No vaginal tear and no stitching required too.

I opt for the class C as I can foresee the hefty bill, I am delivered by doctor on duty, not Dr Loh.

They are looking at gestation week 35 or around 2 kg weight before baby can go home.

Yes, it's indeed very shocking to me and my family. Never expected to deliver so soon.

Cale,
that was wonderful, no episiotomy, no assisting tools, no stitches!! You definitely recover very quickly! Very natural labour. Wow...
happy.gif

Really scare me at the same time... I also dont know how to distinguish the true and false contractions...
sad.gif

Your baby boy is really eager to meet you and family leh! He cant wait to come out... heehee.. he wants to be a Feb birthday boy, not May birthday boy. haha!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
on behalf of a lady in the ivf support thread, Lina(sure some of you know her from there too), she offers to make copy of Mozart's classical pieces that helps to stimulate growth of baby's brain, since she has the CDs. She would like to ask if anyone interested to have a copy and she could burn for us and mail to us.
Anyone?
happy.gif

bliss - me me me !!! thanks. Lina's preggy? Thats great !

cale - think you very brave. yesterday i went checkup and asked doc if i'm c-sec or natural. he said c-sect. and most likely will be early july, not late july. and i have to take things easy from week 28. wow, that doesnt leave me much time to go shopping !

ladies - are your office colleagues getting you anything ? are you doing a baby shower list ? not sure if its popular in s'pore, but i feel a bit pai say asking for pressies

hi babymaking,
so sorry to hear what happen to you. it must be such a traumatic experience to bleed so much at this point in time. and i'm happy for you to know that baby is ok.. rest well yeah.. and just take care of yourself and baby.. u both come first..

hi cale,
wow, your labour story sounds very nerve-wrecking and quite an experience. but like i mentioned earlier, to be fully dilated once you are in hospital its really something different. usually we wait for at least 12hrs to deliver 1st baby! hehe.. but i'm glad you are doing well.. baby also. oh, and no episiotomy and no tear?? wow.. what did you do? heheh.. ok, kidding aside, i'm glad you both are fine.

Sam,
oh, then i better ask for cervix scan when i see gynae on fri. better be safe, been quite sore these few days. but of cos hope is jus muscle sore.

bbmaking,
oh dear. u must realli REST ah...
congrats for the boy!

cale,
glad ur boy is getting better.
i'm going for chk up on fri. wanna meet up if u r going to see ur boy?

bliss,
i'm interested. can ask lina for me?

ponytail, juju, Sam
ok, i will inform lina.
Ponytail, Lina is on her lucrin stage now, having her fresh ivf cycle after last failed FET cycle. Hope she will succeed this time!

Btw, I may need your mailing addresses when she has burned the CDs, so that she could mail to us.
happy.gif

Maybe you all could email to me, [email protected] and the names/nicknames you would like to be written on the envelopes. I will email all our addresses to her together.
happy.gif

bliss - just emailed you. i went to check the ivf thread and so many new names. think whole new group of ppl this time. hope lina gets BFP this time too.

ponytail, 76,
i got your emails liao!
happy.gif

ponytail,
well, only a few of my friends know me as Bliss. Bliss is not official name.
happy.gif

I still use my chinese name usually.
happy.gif

juju,

Don't worry too, cause its only more taxing for multiples and since your gynae never say anything means good. But its also good to double check to have an ease of your mind since you feeling sore too.

Bliss,

Thanks a lot.

Cale,

Your story is so amazing... You must have been through so much pain.. Think your son eager to see you n family la...

Back