IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

juju, 76, Sam, ponytail, babymaking,
I have emailed Lina all our addresses. Hope to receive the CDs soon from her and play to our babies! I have thanked her on behalf of all of us.
happy.gif

Hi all,

Need help.

Does anyone of you have DR SF Loh (KKIVF)'s email address??? Cos I'm now at stage 2, started puregon yesterday, however the nurse did not prescribe me any antibiotics stating the reason that they only give out doxycline and since me and hubby is allergy to it then they will not be giving us any at all. But I'm very puzzled that such a big govt hospital doesn't give out other antibiotics??????? Funny cos when we 1st signed the ivf forms and inform them of our allergy, the nurse at the counter assured us not to worry as they will prescribe us other antibiotics/ medicines if they know that we are allery to eg doxycline.

I've tried to call Dr S F Loh thro their mainline and the operator has left a msg for him to call me bk but till now no news at all. When i tried to call KKIVF ctr, seems tat they are all very busy that no one picks up the phone....

bliss - thanks. BTW how many weeks are you ? i put on only 6 kg and i'm 19 weeks with twins. my doc says normal but when i google the chart says i should be putting on more weight.

ponytail,
I think it is normal lah, I gained about 8kg when I was 27 weeks. Dont worry, most importantly is your babies are healthy.
happy.gif

How come you all can put on so much weight.. I lost 1 kg when weighed last 2 weeks and put on back 1.5kg after 2 weeks. Total only put on 3kg.

ponytail,
dun worry la. a lot of mtbs dun gain so much during 1st tri. at least mid-way thru 2nd tri then start to realli gain weight.
now enjoy. when ur weight shoot up, u will wish it dun shoot up
happy.gif

hi ladies,
an update on li'l princess : she's 1.8kgs @ 31wk1d alrdy, according to those fetal charts, my li'l princess is sooo overweight lor. hope dun grow up to be like her daddy ;p
realli hope she dun grow so much alrdy. else think will be harder to push for natural birth without epi

hi juju,
err.. 1.8kg at 31 weeks heavy is it? hmm.. haha i can't remember how much my baby weighs at that stage.. but now at 36 weeks, its 2.7kg. hehe.. so if urs is overweight, then mine is??? hehe.. anyway, doc sadhana told me not to take too much sweet stuff coz it tends to make baby grow faster and bigger.. then it would be more difficult once baby reaches more than 3.5kg at point of birth. she said let's hope that baby will remain within appropriate weight.

but strangely though, i think doc shouldn't have told me not to take sweet stuff coz it makes me more aware and craves for them! haha.. can't help it. can't resist chocolates especially. *blush*

anyway, ladies, at the current 36 weeks, i've only gained 11kg. i guess, i may just get a few more in the coming weeks before baby comes. but i hope i don't need to wait another 4 more weeks to see her. hopefully by 38 weeks, she may wanna make her arrival already.

Hi all
A quick update! My twins were born on the 3/3 under GA, their weight when born were 2.45kg and 2.65kg, healthy and they are back home with me now. Trying to cope very hard on my side altho I have a maid and a CL.... Put on 21kg during pregnancy and now still 15kg heavily....
sad.gif

Merlenna your turn next and soooooooonnn..All the best for the rest of you. Will log in as often as I can to chat with you gals...

hi emma,
congrats to you!!! so glad to hear your good news! time to rest and take care of yourself. know its hard even with help. but looking at your bundles of joy, i think its all worth it right?!

post some pics soon yeah?

Emma,

Congrats... Lucky having your bb's at a healthy weight and back home.. Have a smooth confinement? So you C sect under GA? How many weeks were you?

hi mummy-to-be,

I'm currently TTC. got to know i have ovulation problem, so needed to seek help from fertility doc. but was rather disappointed with the 2 gyneacologists i had before.

The first one has got attitude problem and the second one doesn't seem to know how to handle equipment and is always constantly seeking advice from his assistant nurses. I find it rather unusual and doesnt have much confidence with him.

Wonder if anyone has any good fertility doc to recommend?

Appreciate your recommendation.

emma

congrats ! i think yours is c-section ? how do you feel when you wake up ? are you breastfeeding ? how long did you stay in hospital ? how many weeks are your twins when born ? hee hee, sorry bombard you with ques, but i very curious to know cos my doc told me to target 37 weeks for c-sect for my twins
happy.gif

for ladies in kkh, this is what i got from admission counter :

2 days + 8hr delivery suite
- A1 ($4,180), B1 ($3,378)
*** can deduct $1,800 from Medisave

3 days + C-sect
- A1 ($6,557), B1 ($5,646)
*** can deduct $3,200 from Medisave

gosh! i din noe it's so ex to deliver in KKH

Emma,
CONGRATS!!!
happy.gif
so happy to hear your good news!
happy.gif
Enjoy your motherhood now... do share with us your whole labour, would love to hear from you.
happy.gif

Hope you will cope well very soon with babies at home. Your babies's birthweights are great. Glad to hear that they are healthy are home with you at the same time.
happy.gif

juju,
dont worry about your gal's weight. I think it is perfectly normal for this weight now. It will consider heavy weight if exceeds 2kg now already. Hers is only 1.8kg, not heavy at all, I personally think it is just nice.
happy.gif

You have 9 weeks to go only, at most will gain about another 1kg, if 2.8kg, it is so nice..
I hope my baby to be around that weight or around 3kg at birth..
happy.gif

My ex colleague gave birth to 2 sons at 3.76kg and 3.78kg at birth without epi at all! She is v slim woman somemore.
Yah, KKH charges are not cheap at all, similar to pte hosp charges. But the charges you posted seemed so different(abt 1k more) from the rates listed in the brochure gotten from KKH. Quite scary...
sad.gif

hi ladies with govt hosp,
would like to ask if anyone or your spouse is civil servant about if can get any claims or subsidy on the payments of routine consultations or the delivery package. Thanks!
happy.gif

Merlenna,
why do you hope to see baby at week 38? I thought to deliver baby at full term is the best for baby.
happy.gif
You are having singleton right?
Jia you! Waiting for hear your good news soon.
happy.gif

Hi Emma,
Congratulations on your healthy baby twins.
Glad you n babies are doing fine. ^_^

Hi Juju,
Wakksss.... Price increase ohhh...
last year my friend delivery at KK B1 cost abt 2800plus...
wow... now 3k plusss..... hahahaha :D

ladies - just to update. the clinic just called me and my OGTT blood glucose test results shows NORMAL !!
happy.gif
Yay yay. But got another slight problem. My urine test shows bacteria infection. Sigh, 1 obstacle after another. Any ladies here have urine bacteria infection ?

ponytail,
glad to hear that your OGTT result is good.
happy.gif

So you mean you are having kind of UTI? Do you have pain when pee? What did your doc give you to take to stop the infection then?

bliss - not confirm if UTI or not. i dont have pain when i pee. although wheni get up in the mornings my pee is dark and cloudy. thought its due to the lactulose and caltrate i take at night. i have to go for another urine test in 2 weeks to find out.

update

been admitted to hospital since last sat for pre term labor contractions and bleeding. doc been doing cervical checks & scans, waiting for doc review now.

worried that womb cannot hold baby till full term.

hi juju,
yup, its so ex, even my friends who has given birth there also said the same. i just put a downpayment for booking of bed at kkh for B1 class after deduction from medisave, its $1578. that's for normal birth.. if kena c-sect, worse!! body pain, wallet also pain.. woah.. 1.5k just to prepare for delivery.. sigh! and that hasn't include any extra charges like epidural, induction etc on the day of delivery.. so guarantee u have to fork out more..

but they did a comparison for prices already.. considered kkh is one of the few hospitals that charges lower than any other hospitals.. the lowest is sgh.. after kkh, most of the hospitals charges, much much higher..

and the govt want us to deliver more babies! i seriously think how do we afford the hospital bills if we're not working..

yeah i am glad baby is of appropriate weight.. makes for easier delivery.. but less pain, i dunno. hehe.. but still, can feel her weight also now.. sleeping is alot harder..

hi bliss,
if you have the stamina to last til 40 weeks (10 months) i salute you.. for me, i know some of my friends that start giving birth aft 37 weeks. by end of 36 weeks, baby is considered full term already.. so my target is 38 weeks (9 months 2 weeks) which is just about the right time.. if she goes into week 39.. that's still ok.. if she reach my EDD at 40 weeks still dun want to come out, need to be induce.. i don't think i want to end up with induction. by then baby size may be too big, and staying inside longer than 40 weeks may be hazardous to her..

oh both me and hubby are civil service. so far no subsidies in terms of charging for delivery lah.. i'm using my own subsidy to pay for the visits to doc sadhana.. the PS card. but for delivery no special treatment.. or maybe its because i didn't think subsidies applies during the delivery charges.. maybe you can try asking when u do ur booking next time..

hi 76,
sorry haven't been checking the thread lately. hehe. how are you? had my scan at 9 weeks and baby looked like a little jelly bean.
happy.gif
doc said at the next visit (week 12) can see baby waving at us... can't wait. how was your scan and when is your next one?

hi cribby
i am fine except for bloating. My scan was good and bb was 16mm long at week 8. My next visit is at week 10 this sat... i am also scheduled for DS test at NUH on 1April. So exciting we can journey together... btw do you have msn?

bliss,
i also hope less than 3kgs. after birth, easy to feed and fatten her up. so, better dun grow fat inside.
brochure prices dun include doc fees. the rates given to me alrdy include doc fees etc.
38wk good enuff to deliver alrdy... i guess

jo,
ya lor. so scary. must go ask SIL how much she paid for her A1 in '04.

ponytail,
drink more water. shld be able to clear up soon, if no other complications.

bbmaking,
u still in hospital now? take care & hold on! must relax!

merlenna,
gosh! sgh cheapest, followed by kkh... then wat is govt pricing??? thot public hospital supposed to be more affordable? i din think tps wld make the costs so ex...

hi juju,
yup, the price already include doc fees. and since doc sadhana is senior consultant, if i'm not wrong, its $997 to have her deliver me! well, i thot 1st baby lah.. so since she put baby inside me, might as well have her take baby out.. haha..

true, what is govt pricing?! well, i think its because we are in tps.. so that's why we are charged as such. can go private suite, can afford high delivery charges.. or so they think.. sigh!

merlenna,
i told hubby scary siah. unless we strike lottery, no #2 for us liao. #1 haven't come out alrdy scrimp & save (cos both of us dun earn much), if #2 lagi worse maybe dun need to eat! piangz!
sometimes choose tps not bcos we gian leh... look at the svc by the other clinics esp clinic D, shake head la

merlenna - what is PS card that can give discount ? How much is the discount ? Is it only KK or all govt hospitals ? Thanks

juju - ok hope so too. i got on again off again haemarroids. all related to not enough water. but i already drink a lot leh...

Merlenna,
thanks for sharing.
Btw, what is the subsidy given by using PS card? I have the civil servant card as my hubby is a civil servant.

Babymaking,
oh dear, so worried for you, didnt expect you went hospitalised last Sat. You sounded fine when we chatted online that morning...
sad.gif

Hope everything is fine now and will be ok throughout. You must continue tahan. Jia you!

Cribby,
glad to hear from you. 76 has been worried about you and wondering how you have been lately...heehee...
happy.gif

Glad that your scan went smoothly.
happy.gif

Josephine,
same as juju, I also would like to know the charges for A1 room. Can ask your SIL for us?
Thanks!
happy.gif

Juju,
ya, very exp in KKH esp in TPS. I think they really charge us quite similar to what pte hosp is charging, coz we opt for TPS, so kind of more exp rate than that in clinic D. The routine consultation fee is already higher than that in other KK clinics.
But like what Merlenna said, the charges in pte hosps are much much higher than in KKH, so really cant imagine how much the others in pte hosps are paying.
I told my hubby about the KKH rates you posted, he is very nice to say that he will still insist to let me stay in 1 bedder, nvm the high cost. Heehee...
happy.gif
He does not want me to share room with other pple and he wants to accompany me overnight.
Btw, Was your baby in head down position during last scan liao? I wonder when baby will be in the position.

ladies,
I am in 28weeks plus now.I have been getting lots and lots hard kicks from my baby boy lately. He kicks so hard on my bladder and buttocks! The kicks are really painful... I have been getting so scared by the sudden 'attacks' whole day long. I tried all ways, such as changing positions, gently rubbing tummy and telling baby to be gentle, etc, but baby does not care about me leh.
sad.gif

Anyone experiences the same too? Anything can be done to help?

Ponytail,
yes, I think you must really drink lots and lots of water and also high fibre food. Do you take oats? I find it very useful. Our big intestines absorb a lot of water, so this really make the food we ate become very dry and cause slow and difficult digestion. You must consume water, water...

ladies - i think since we went through so much to have babies, we must Cheah ourselves by having nice hospital room. i remember when i did ER, only went for single bed. but i went for delux room when did ET. whoa ! whole new experience cos like hotel and didnt feel too stressed
happy.gif

ponytail,
drinking water is consistently drinking. not drinking big gulps when you are thirsty cos like dat, body will purge out the water very quickly and not absorbed at all.
how come ur ER & ET got stay in special room? after my ER, only rest in the common room, seperated by curtains. after ET, immed go off from the procedure room liao.

bliss,
i mean ask my SIL... hee...
but if jo can find out updated charges, dun mind also cos i dun see my SIL often.
hubby noe i scared to stay 4-bedder, i alrdy request he stay overnite wif me, but now he see difference $800... he thinking...
yes, dr loh say bb head down, but i still feel bb's head at the right side of belly leh... dunno why. dunno when is a good time also, some bbs head down at the last minute.
bb been pressing on my bladder a lot, toilet trip every half hour these few days.
when bb kick or push too hard, usu ok after i scold/nag/sayang leh... maybe u try let bb listen to some soothing music

juju - oh ok. sigh... my horrible haemorroids back again. a bit of active bleeding when i go pee. so sian. will try to remember to drink. not my favourite hobby.

must pay for the rooms in ER and ET. i check in in the morning, then after procedure, go back to room to rest for 2-3 more hours. maybe NUH a bit different. but the delux room got garden view and view of koi pond. v shiok.

hi juju,
mine kinda automatic got sent to tps. coz doc sadhana only does pregnancy cases there. no choice.. since she's the gynae for ivf at kkivf. actually i was with another gynae also before her.. so i kinda expected the high price. ok lah for now shut one eye!

i had the same experience before i went for pre-natal massage. baby is always on the right side. right is always tighter than left. but now, better.. coz baby is in center.. so whenever she starts stretching, i sure feel from rib to above my pelvic..

hi ponytail,
PS card, public service card (used to be the CSC card). all civil service divisions have it. i just present it to the cashier everytime i go polyclinic or at kk, no need to pay anything. each month there's an amount allocated to a civil servant can claim from the PS card. but if you exceed the usage, they'll cut from pay. heh.. so subsidised also got limit hah.. not limitless free usage. but when its subsidised, i really pay very little. esp in polyclinic, its totally free! haha..

hi bliss,
i'm experiencing the same as you.. sometimes i can feel baby's movement at my cervix already.. as though she wanna come out.. its like you feel her press down on the bladder.. but you dun need to pee just really tickles.. and the pain for me is when she kicks hard at my ribs.. left and right. her head is already constantly down.. so i can really feel her legs kicking.. usually, i can bear.. but there are times like when i'm sitting and unconsciously slouching, when she kicks, ouch! i feel so bruised inside.. haha..

Hi bliss,
Hahahahaa...
My SIL delivery charge very cheap... if convert to Singapore dolar is less than 1K (delivery at my hometown).
I think what juju mean is her SIL... hahahaha :D

hi ladies,

anyone know what is the different between normal bottle and BPA Free bottle? Is BPA Free bottle more expensive than normal bottle?

Hi juju, josephine,
sorry huh... i made a mistake liao..haha. :p

juju,
oh so your baby was head down lst scan, but probably not engaged yet rite? That's why you can still feel her head moves to other positions.
I give my baby listen to classical music and chinese classics daily... but he is not quiet by that leh...
sad.gif

Merlenna,
oh your baby kicks you on your ribcage... I predict I will get it too once baby head down legs up.
sad.gif

Josephine,
i am not sure of the difference between the two, but just know that BPA is safer to use. I think not much difference in the prices.

ladies,
btw, any idea what brand of milk bottle is better? My sis recommends Avent, saying that it needs baby to suck harder, just like latch on, so baby will not refuse to latch on while using the milk bottle at the same time.
However, my friend recommended NUK, saying that it serves the same function as Avent too. Furthermore, NUK will prevent baby from getting too much wind and getting colic. Is that true? I am going to buy milk bottles soon, wondering what brand to buy...

hi juju, sam, ponytail, babymaking, 76,
I have received the CDs sent by Lina! There are 2 CDs, one Mozart and the other is heartbeat of baby. Have you all gotten it too? Lina asked me to check with you all. Please test the CDs to see if they can be played since they are burned CDs.
happy.gif

hi 76,
that's great your little one is growing right according to schedule! mine measured a few days smaller at the last visit but hope it'll catch up. hope your bloating isn't too bad, i still don't have any symptoms. are your scans always 2 weeks apart? are you delivering at NUH? i'm thinking of switching hospitals... like the other ladies mentioned, not much difference in terms of price. oh sorry i don't have msn...

hi bliss,
thanks for your concern too! haven't been using the computer as much so if i'm absent sometimes that would be why. hehe. will update if anything though.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
Just an update. I had popped on 3rd March. My 2 gals are delivered via emergency c-sect at 31 wks. The elder gal is 1.46kg and younger one only 1kg on delivery. Both of them are now in NICU. Praying everyday that they would be better soon. But my 2 glas are very brave and are fighting hard everyday.

As for me, I was discharged on Sunday and now resting at home, was kinda weak after everything and hubby dun allow me to go and see my babies this week
sad.gif
Now i still need to monitor for signs of PE, my BP had stabilised so far, just that I'm a bit giddy and breathless at times.

Will try to update again when i'm better, hope you gals would have a smooth pregnancy and delivery.

Maykel,
CONGRATS!! Glad to hear from you and your delivery safely...
happy.gif

Wow, you delivered on the same day as Emma!
Your condition sounded weak, you really need lots of rest. Hope your babies will continue to be so strong and grow well still.
Why was it emergency delivery? what happened? Hope to hear your sharing soon again. Do update us when you get better.
Take good care! You finally tahan till 31 weeks! Jia you and take good care.
happy.gif

Back