IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hello everyone.
I’m at my 2WW now, 7dp2dt, 11dpo (ovidrel). Just wondering when’s a good time to start using a hpt. I can’t wait till beta to find out
Thanks in adv!

Hello everyone.
I’m at my 2WW now, 7dp2dt, 11dpo (ovidrel). Just wondering when’s a good time to start using a hpt. I can’t wait till beta to find out
Thanks in adv!
Hello it might be still early I think standard can test 14dpo to give a definite answer. And the test kit must be sensitive

Do u have those cheap O strips? If yes can try also. I used O strips b4 and it worked. But faint line means got hope.. and yes for my 1st preg I very gan jiong and bought the digital one. At this stage probably will indicate 1-2 weeks

last time i used those but this time decided to just go with the clear blue ones - but cheaper ones la haha!

I’m currently 8dp5dt. Don’t have the courage and to avoid the lines messing my head I’m not testing till one day before bt.
since yestd onwards seems like symptoms subside but my bad sore isstill there. To a point it really hurts sometimes. Breast sore even before ET and now it doesn’t seems to hurt much. Having stuffy nose since 5dp. Cramps subside quite a lot since 6dp5dt, now is just on and off like very mild menses cramp
anyone can share yr symptoms and how you keep yourself busy to avoid the overthinking ?

I’m currently 8dp5dt. Don’t have the courage and to avoid the lines messing my head I’m not testing till one day before bt.
since yestd onwards seems like symptoms subside but my bad sore isstill there. To a point it really hurts sometimes. Breast sore even before ET and now it doesn’t seems to hurt much. Cramps subside quite a lot since 6dp5dt, now is just on and off like very mild menses cramp
anyone can share yr symptoms and how you keep yourself busy to avoid the overthinking ?
Watch drama serials... hahaha!

since yestd onwards seems like symptoms subside but my bad sore isstill there. To a point it really hurts sometimes. Breast sore even before ET and now it doesn’t seems to hurt much. Having stuffy nose since 5dp. Cramps subside quite a lot since 6dp5dt, now is just on and off like very mild menses cramp
Watch drama.. but so hard to not think especially when nearing BT.. thats why always will test.. haha

Symptoms all these abit hard to spot cos the support meds can cause all those symptoms as well..

Watch drama.. but so hard to not think especially when nearing BT.. thats why always will test.. haha

Symptoms all these abit hard to spot cos the support meds can cause all those symptoms as well..

Lol just going to keep myself occupied. I thinking to test one day before bt so that I can gauge whether I need to stay to wait for the call or not. But actually this time round I do wanna try different jus wait for the call. haha usually nurse call how long if say I do bt at 730am?

Lol just going to keep myself occupied. I thinking to test one day before bt so that I can gauge whether I need to stay to wait for the call or not. But actually this time round I do wanna try different jus wait for the call. haha usually nurse call how long if say I do bt at 730am?
By lunch time probably or earlier?

I dunno if this is always the case. Some saw their test results in the health buddy app first.

Probably around 10 plus 11! For my case was thereabouts and I saw the results on health hub first before the nurse called.

Forgot to add, I received my call at 10ish.

Couldn’t resist and decided to test on a hpt. Anyone experiencing 10dp2dt showing a negative and then turning positive later on? Sigh. Losing hope :(

Couldn’t resist and decided to test on a hpt. Anyone experiencing 10dp2dt showing a negative and then turning positive later on? Sigh. Losing hope :(
Day 10 is quite early dear. HCG levels may not be high enough for test to detect. Either give it a few more days, or just wait for blood test. Also, did you use the first urine of the day In? When testing testing early, best to use morning pee as the HCG would be more concentrated.

In the meantime, don't let this early testing get your emotions down. Must keep body and soul happy for baby! Jiayou babe!

Hi ladies, currently with KKH got my BFN two weeks ago from my 1st fresh cycle which retrieved 13 eggs, formed 7 embryos of which 1 got transferred fresh and the other 6 did not make it to day 5. Can’t help but feel really demoralized that none made it to be frozen. Doctor said it’s all about genetics and a numbers game which is out of anyone’s control. Next cycle will up the dose to collect more eggs to be see if any can be frozen. Is it a bad number to get only 1 blastocyst from 13 eggs that were retrieved? Feeling really down cos everyone says our age (32 and hubby 33) is good but yet I only got one blast. Wanted to ask if Anyone experienced this and did you do anything different for second cycle? Mine is set for September which seems so far away but doc said need to rest.

Hi ladies, currently with KKH got my BFN two weeks ago from my 1st fresh cycle which retrieved 13 eggs, formed 7 embryos of which 1 got transferred fresh and the other 6 did not make it to day 5. Can’t help but feel really demoralized that none made it to be frozen. Doctor said it’s all about genetics and a numbers game which is out of anyone’s control. Next cycle will up the dose to collect more eggs to be see if any can be frozen. Is it a bad number to get only 1 blastocyst from 13 eggs that were retrieved? Feeling really down cos everyone says our age (32 and hubby 33) is good but yet I only got one blast. Wanted to ask if Anyone experienced this and did you do anything different for second cycle? Mine is set for September which seems so far away but doc said need to rest.
Hugs to you…. Totally can understand how you feel many sisters here we are in the same situation tog. For my first cycle I only had 7 eggs retrieved and only one frozen for transfer.
With a slight change of diet, acupuncture and eating more supplements such as coq10 and also up the dosage of the gonal f, my second fresh got 20 eggs and 6 frozen. I haven’t succeed yet but I can see improvement from 2nd cycle to 1st. You can take these 2-3 months to prep for the next cycle.
my husband also went jogging more often and he had supplements too.
Ivf is a trial and error game and is a number game so don’t blame yourself for anything along the way.

I think sept sounds good cos u need to let ur body rest b4 start another fresh.

As of the no. of blast.. usually Govt hosp protocol is to just increase dosage for next fresh.. worked for some but may not work for some.

Some has alot of eggs retrieved but the fertilisation rate and forming blast is low. Some has low no. Of eggs retrieved but the % fertilised and forming blast is high.. its really alot of trial and error.

There's alot factors.. can be egg quality or sperm quality. Or purely that month is just not a good month..

Having said all these, as long as u continue to try, there is hope!

Hi ladies, Can I check on some questions weighing on my mind. :rolleyes:

Am in govt hospital.
For the eggs retrieved can we request to have all eggs using ICSI and not the normal fertilization in a dish? Coz for my case half normal fertilization & half ICSI. Turns out ICSI has better outcomes.

And if we had 20 eggs extracted, does it means my 2 yrs worth of menses are pre used for ivf. And will I go into menopause earlier?? Thanks in advance.

Am in govt hospital.
For the eggs retrieved can we request to have all eggs using ICSI and not the normal fertilization in a dish? Coz for my case half normal fertilization & half ICSI. Turns out ICSI has better outcomes.

And if we had 20 eggs extracted, does it means my 2 yrs worth of menses are pre used for ivf. And will I go into menopause earlier?? Thanks in advance.
How many eggs u had? I thought now is usually via ICSI?

I guess u can request all via ICSI next round?

As for the early menopause I dont know man. I also wanna know.. hee

Am in govt hospital.

Can you discuss with the doc on the natural vs icsi fertilisation rates and just do icsi in future if needed? Doctors should be able to see this trend too.

There are readings online (you can google) that ivf does not mean menopause will happen earlier although if your amh is low or probably if you do too many times, it may? Every month there is more than one follicle that grow but eventually only one matures into a Graafian follicle which releases a mature egg due to the hormones released by the body. Medications of ivf gonadotrophins and LH causes growth and maturation of more than one follicle (i.e. most follicles are stimulated to mature) and with the suppressing hormones, doctors allow the smaller follicles to catch up and mature so technically, most follicles are due to grow during that one cycle

Am in govt hospital.

Based on what I heard from my dr before, the stim is to harvest more eggs that would have gone to waste in each menstrual cycle instead of using future eggs. In theory, it should not.

I think there are some info online too.

@lildreams thank you for your words of encouragement and am already on the CoQ10 supplement. shall keep fingers crossed for next cycle. In the meantime, wishing you all the best for your upcoming BT! Xx

@Dreamscometrue thank you :) I’ll make good use of this time to regroup body and mind. Xx

Am in govt hospital.

i tnink the ivf Center always wants to achieve natural fertilisation as much as possible. So with many eggs and not much issue sperm they will take some to do natural and some ICSI. I think my dr once said if natural it means the qualities of the egg and sperm is good.
However maybe you can ask doc to opt out natural fertilisation if possible since it’s our sperm and egg so we should be able to have a say about it?

A bit sad.

Got a positive result from blood test, but beta levels very low. Ard 30 plus only. Hv a bad feeling it's gonna end in MC.

Dr says to repeat blood test 2 days later

1 more viable one. The other 2 are not very good.

I think I'll take a rest for the time being. When I'm ready again, I'll go back. Feeling really tired and sad

Back