IVF/ICSI Support Group

1 more viable one. The other 2 are not very good.

I think I'll take a rest for the time being. When I'm ready again, I'll go back. Feeling really tired and sad
I saw One lady from US in IG she had beta at 49 when 12dp5dt. Subsequently 14dp beta became 170 and she went on to have a normal pregnancy. See two days later beta maybe there’s still a chance.
It’s not an easy journey but you will get thru it. Rest and treat yourself with good meals and take care yea!

I saw One lady from US in IG she had beta at 49 when 12dp5dt. Subsequently 14dp beta became 170 and she went on to have a normal pregnancy. See two days later beta maybe there’s still a chance.
It’s not an easy journey but you will get thru it. Rest and treat yourself with good meals and take care yea!
Thank you. I'll try my best to keep my spirits up.

This journey ain't easy ya.

Hi ladies, Can I check on some questions weighing on my mind. :rolleyes:

Am in govt hospital.
For the eggs retrieved can we request to have all eggs using ICSI and not the normal fertilization in a dish? Coz for my case half normal fertilization & half ICSI. Turns out ICSI has better outcomes.

And if we had 20 eggs extracted, does it means my 2 yrs worth of menses are pre used for ivf. And will I go into menopause earlier?? Thanks in advance.

i am with KK and referral through polyclinic. The first appointment with KK (but not KKIVF yet because I went through polyclinic), the doc asked which method I wanted - normal and ICSI and he shared the success rates and defect rates with me. Seems like can choose?

Hi ladies, currently with KKH got my BFN two weeks ago from my 1st fresh cycle which retrieved 13 eggs, formed 7 embryos of which 1 got transferred fresh and the other 6 did not make it to day 5. Can’t help but feel really demoralized that none made it to be frozen. Doctor said it’s all about genetics and a numbers game which is out of anyone’s control. Next cycle will up the dose to collect more eggs to be see if any can be frozen. Is it a bad number to get only 1 blastocyst from 13 eggs that were retrieved? Feeling really down cos everyone says our age (32 and hubby 33) is good but yet I only got one blast. Wanted to ask if Anyone experienced this and did you do anything different for second cycle? Mine is set for September which seems so far away but doc said need to rest.
i’m in the same situation as you, nothing to freeze which i’m not quite prepared for… thinking of starting again in october or november, meanwhile i’m still trying to recover from 1st fresh cycle.. feel my body very warm, and when menses came it’s less than normal, my normal is already light flow. I see the ladies in this forum those who BFN all had menses more than usual, abit worried for my case.

I think it is better for you to take a break not just physically but also mentally & emotionally. Rest and come back stronger.

To prepare for my 2nd cycle, i plan to be more physically active, try eating healthier, continue acupuncture & supplements (which i already did for 1st cycle), i’ve also signed up for fertility massage with Angelia (babies bliss). also wondering if i should switch tcm. hopefully will have better outcome. For me, age is catching up, you are still young don’t worry too much!

recover well and all the best!

i’m in the same situation as you, nothing to freeze which i’m not quite prepared for… thinking of starting again in october or november, meanwhile i’m still trying to recover from 1st fresh cycle.. feel my body very warm, and when menses came it’s less than normal, my normal is already light flow. I see the ladies in this forum those who BFN all had menses more than usual, abit worried for my case.

I think it is better for you to take a break not just physically but also mentally & emotionally. Rest and come back stronger.

To prepare for my 2nd cycle, i plan to be more physically active, try eating healthier, continue acupuncture & supplements (which i already did for 1st cycle), i’ve also signed up for fertility massage with Angelia (babies bliss). also wondering if i should switch tcm. hopefully will have better outcome. For me, age is catching up, you are still young don’t worry too much!

recover well and all the best!
also ladies, how do you cope with stress at work? currently i’m wfh for 3 days a week but still i feel stressed

Thanks all!
how long after failed transfer do you all do next fet again?
And also when do I should start to check for other issues like endo or anything. Starting to get more worried there might be more issue why my twice fet failed to implant

Last edited:
Thanks all!
And also when do I should start to check for other issues like endo or anything. Starting to get more worried there might be more issue why my twice fet failed to implant
Rest well and come back stronger..

For me I usually do 6 months apart, more to rest emotionally, financially and to catch up with some work.

But actually 3 months interval is good enough.

When do scan they probably can tell if have endo or fibroids all these? not sure how else to check though.

Have u tried endo scratch b4?

Rest well and come back stronger..

For me I usually do 6 months apart, more to rest emotionally, financially and to catch up with some work.

But actually 3 months interval is good enough.

When do scan they probably can tell if have endo or fibroids all these? not sure how else to check though.

Have u tried endo scratch b4?
Nope.. I was hoping I no need to do extra to succeed… it’s emotional straining enuff. Will ask during doc review then. Thanks

Nope.. I was hoping I no need to do extra to succeed… it’s emotional straining enuff. Will ask during doc review then. Thanks
Actually for now studies shown endo scratch does not improve chances.. hence my dr also didn't recommend.

But I just do whatever there is to improve chances..

Based on what I heard from my dr before, the stim is to harvest more eggs that would have gone to waste in each menstrual cycle instead of using future eggs. In theory, it should not.

I think there are some info online too.
Can you discuss with the doc on the natural vs icsi fertilisation rates and just do icsi in future if needed? Doctors should be able to see this trend too.

There are readings online (you can google) that ivf does not mean menopause will happen earlier although if your amh is low or probably if you do too many times, it may? Every month there is more than one follicle that grow but eventually only one matures into a Graafian follicle which releases a mature egg due to the hormones released by the body. Medications of ivf gonadotrophins and LH causes growth and maturation of more than one follicle (i.e. most follicles are stimulated to mature) and with the suppressing hormones, doctors allow the smaller follicles to catch up and mature so technically, most follicles are due to grow during that one cycle

hi,

Thanks for the helpful info. I shall also check with the doc on the ICSI n early menopause issue.

Thanks all!
I space out at least 6 months. In fact my tcm physician does not allow anything shorter than 6 months for me :( usually when you do another cycle the doc will check before you start so no worries.

stress of managing both at the same time
I did tell my boss that I'm going thru IVF... so she knows my priorities and plan ahead my mc and HL.

As for work wise, stress is unavoidable l, but I take on less projects, especially when nearing my planned HL. Less bonus, slower progression compared to peers or even juniors but a happier mind and body. Haha

I did tell my boss that I'm going thru IVF... so she knows my priorities and plan ahead my mc and HL.

As for work wise, stress is unavoidable l, but I take on less projects, especially when nearing my planned HL. Less bonus, slower progression compared to peers or even juniors but a happier mind and body. Haha
Same, I told my boss too. Cause she has to approve my HL lol. Told her I need to focus on my personal goal as well and she is supportive. Work still need to do no matter what I guess is really no choice but to tell ourself to manage the stress. Now wfh I feel stress level is much more manageable.

for me my job is very stressful. So I will on jazz music during work and also after work try not to think about it and by 7pm log off and focus on my personal life.

Same, I told my boss too. Cause she has to approve my HL lol. Told her I need to focus on my personal goal as well and she is supportive. Work still need to do no matter what I guess is really no choice but to tell ourself to manage the stress. Now wfh I feel stress level is much more manageable.

for me my job is very stressful. So I will on jazz music during work and also after work try not to think about it and by 7pm log off and focus on my personal life.
Ya its nice to be able to WFH.. too bad mine can't.

Thanks …days still need to pass indeed. Taking 2 months break to focus back on myself and try fet again. Realli hope to bfp by this year Christmas. Else it’s going to be a sad Christmas again.

If my blood test results come back negative, I also intend to take a break and to restart in Sep. Feeling tired, and down too.

But let's focus on getting our bodies in the best possible condition, and try again ok.

how r u babe?
How's everything, monkies?

I went for my 2nd blood test this Morn, still waiting to hear from the clinic. I don't have high hopes though..... sigh.

Did embryo transfer (on day 5) Monday with 1 embryo- day 5 blastocyst and 1 embryo- day 4 embryo, as the Dr say to optimise the chance of pregnancy. Kkh just called in the morning to let me know how many of my egg are to be frozen. Unfortunately out of the remaining 5, only 1 make it to grade c , the rest cannot make it.

That make me wonder if my chance of the successful implantation of the embryo inside me , is it very mild

Did embryo transfer (on day 5) Monday with 1 embryo- day 5 blastocyst and 1 embryo- day 4 embryo, as the Dr say to optimise the chance of pregnancy. Kkh just called in the morning to let me know how many of my egg are to be frozen. Unfortunately out of the remaining 5, only 1 make it to grade c , the rest cannot make it.

That make me wonder if my chance of the successful implantation of the embryo inside me , is it very mild
Well it’s very hard to say.. since it’s done and inside you already we can only hope for the best.. rest well and try not to stress about it yea

I think your Dr and the embryologist would have chosen the best embryos of the lot for your transfer. From stim to transfer, you have done the best you could. Implantation is beyond us. Don't think too much for now. Rest well and best wishes.

Hello all jst seen my doc for review of failed first cycle, have decided to go with a second fresh cycle instead of my 1 leftover day 6 frozen embryo. Doc say can’t tell what’s wrong and could be generic issues with egg and sperm as all things looks good.. she suggest that I yield as many mature eggs for second cycle (means increase in dose) and do the pisci for the sperm, but this means my trigger shot has to be different and that will cause lining to be not so good for fresh transfer hence I need to freeze and go for FET after my fresh. I think she won’t add new medicine or change medicine and I’m concern.. thoughts? Anybody in the same case as me?

Hello all jst seen my doc for review of failed first cycle, have decided to go with a second fresh cycle instead of my 1 leftover day 6 frozen embryo. Doc say can’t tell what’s wrong and could be generic issues with egg and sperm as all things looks good.. she suggest that I yield as many mature eggs for second cycle (means increase in dose) and do the pisci for the sperm, but this means my trigger shot has to be different and that will cause lining to be not so good for fresh transfer hence I need to freeze and go for FET after my fresh. I think she won’t add new medicine or change medicine and I’m concern.. thoughts? Anybody in the same case as me?
For my second fresh doc also increase gonal dosage and start me with blocker as well to grow more eggs. No new medicine was used.I was given 2 trigger shot which was different from the one single trigger shot as my previous cycle.
My first cycle onli have 7 eggs but second one 20 eggs retrieved. I have pcos.both cycle I did frozen and not fresh transfer
Trust your doc and follow accordingly. First cycle is usually a trial and error to see how your body react to the medicine and dosage.
Frozen cycle have its pros as well cause you can prepare your body better.

Last edited:
For my second fresh doc also increase gonal dosage and start me with blocker as well to grow more eggs. No new medicine was used.I was given 2 trigger shot which was different from the one single trigger shot as my previous cycle.
My first cycle onli have 7 eggs but second one 20 eggs retrieved. I have pcos.both cycle I did frozen and not fresh transfer
Trust your doc and follow accordingly. First cycle is usually a trial and error to see how your body react to the medicine and dosage.
Frozen cycle have its pros as well cause you can prepare your body better.
Hey lildreams! I don’t have pcos but amh is like average ard 5.8 plus first cycle I felt super pain and bloated - I think mild OHSS that’s why ba! Thanks for your advice!! I’ll wait for my fresh in aug and hope it gives more time to build the quality as I believe that’s the current issue which is the most challenging and hard to change issue I have now. Sigh...

Hey lildreams! I don’t have pcos but amh is like average ard 5.8 plus first cycle I felt super pain and bloated - I think mild OHSS that’s why ba! Thanks for your advice!! I’ll wait for my fresh in aug and hope it gives more time to build the quality as I believe that’s the current issue which is the most challenging and hard to change issue I have now. Sigh...

same.. actually for my second fresh I felt so much pain that I took over a week to feel myself again. Felt like someone punched my stomach insides and also my rib cage also pain due to the bloat. I almost can’t discharge on the day of ER.
For improving quality some suggestion would be coq10(I think this helped me) and also some slight changes to diet, heard Mediterranean diet is the best for boosting fertility and also acupuncture.

plus hb sperm is very important as well. Must tiao together

same.. actually for my second fresh I felt so much pain that I took over a week to feel myself again. Felt like someone punched my stomach insides and also my rib cage also pain due to the bloat. I almost can’t discharge on the day of ER.
For improving quality some suggestion would be coq10(I think this helped me) and also some slight changes to diet, heard Mediterranean diet is the best for boosting fertility and also acupuncture.

plus hb sperm is very important as well. Must tiao together
Yea my first time 15 eggs it’s already very discomfort le, bloat plus gastric there hurts like ppl punching me. Hahaha yea I now eat coq10 and ovaboost very disgusting big pills.. how many frozen u have left? Doc told me I can put two this time round.

Yea my first time 15 eggs it’s already very discomfort le, bloat plus gastric there hurts like ppl punching me. Hahaha yea I now eat coq10 and ovaboost very disgusting big pills.. how many frozen u have left? Doc told me I can put two this time round.

same I also ate ovaboost. To me coq10 much easier to swallow. Ovaboost I took on and off.
I have 5 blasts left. Doc also allow me to put 2 but I chose to put 1. Probably next round I will put 2

Wah u are lucky to have so many blast dear! Haha
Well 4 are grade c 2 grade b .. I dont think is very good quality. Just failed my first grade b :(
I guess partly I didn’t really rest in between the fresh and frozen might be. Dono just won’t know the reason.

what about you. How many do you have

Well 4 are grade c 2 grade b .. I dont think is very good quality. Just failed my first grade b :(
I guess partly I didn’t really rest in between the fresh and frozen might be. Dono just won’t know the reason.

what about you. How many do you have
I only got one grade C frozen day 6 but I’m not using it leh. Doc say I can do frozen in July then aug do fresh but she say the chance of surviving thawing with just 1 egg abit risky. So I decided to go with fresh on aug then freeze it and maybe transfer in sept. Let me know how kkh will charge it? If let’s say I do fresh but didn’t do ET in the same month instead freeze then do ETnext month will it be considered as FET or fresh?

I only got one grade C frozen day 6 but I’m not using it leh. Doc say I can do frozen in July then aug do fresh but she say the chance of surviving thawing with just 1 egg abit risky. So I decided to go with fresh on aug then freeze it and maybe transfer in sept. Let me know how kkh will charge it? If let’s say I do fresh but didn’t do ET in the same month instead freeze then do ETnext month will it be considered as FET or fresh?
Yes it will be considered as FET even if u do it the next month

For your described scenario i.e. retrieval in Aug without transfer and freeze all embryos for transfer in Sep, you will most likely be charged 1 cycle of fresh (less embryo transfer cost) for Aug and 1 cycle of frozen for Sep.

For your described scenario i.e. retrieval in Aug without transfer and freeze all embryos for transfer in Sep, you will most likely be charged 1 cycle of fresh (less embryo transfer cost) for Aug and 1 cycle of frozen for Sep.
Abit not worth cos I used up my frozen subsidies right? By right like the fresh can package it tgt as transfer with 75% funding.. how ah?

How many FET have u done?
I haven done any yet.. but ask u. My doc say she going to give me another kind of trigger shot to yield more mature eggs but will cause the lining to be not so good for fresh transfer. What’s the type of trigger shot she’s referring to? I forgot to ask her Liao. To my understanding there’s two type - ovidrel and lupron.. does lupron provide more mature eggs? I read about it and a lot says it’s not as good as ovidrel though it reduces OHSS. I’m concern now... sigh you think can call back ivf to ask them?

Abit not worth cos I used up my frozen subsidies right? By right like the fresh can package it tgt as transfer with 75% funding.. how ah?

Maybe you wanna check with your clinic the estimated cost of a fresh cycle without transfer. If it is high enough to use all $7.7k of the co-funding, there is not much to lose, right?

Anyway, were you advised by your Dr to do frozen only? If not and your concern is to maximise the co-funding, will you consider a fresh cycle with transfer? But that said, sometimes it is not always possible to do a fresh transfer such as due to OHSS and progesterone level too high. My 4th fresh cycle ended without a transfer because my progesterone level was beyond the acceptable range. I froze 4 blasts that cycle instead.

Back