IVF/ICSI Support Group

Starting my first cycle at KKH... was put on puregon and menopur. I’m surprised only need to scan like on the 10th day or something. They don’t need to check size of eggs to see whether to adjust medication? Many unknowns many uncertainties..
Can I know who is your doc and age? Could be a long cycle as in to down-regulate

Hehehe, cos I was afraid that I would have no embryos esp cos of age, new doc, new protocol. Everything is so uncertain, so didnt really share much. Confidence level low la. HAHAHA
U have 3 kids already wor!! Hee..

I was just telling my hubby there's a lady here super power, trying for 4th kid now. While me still trying for 2nd and can feel no energy already.

Anyway how's your yield this round?

I was just telling my hubby there's a lady here super power, trying for 4th kid now. While me still trying for 2nd and can feel no energy already.

I am amazed that the yield this time round is similar to what i got 8 years back - 17 eggs LOL

No la, what super power, after this, my womb is going to have a good retirement.

Eggs laaaa....they retrieved 17 eggs. So what I heard was then was, there is 1 confirmed blastocysts, 3 still awaiting to be blastocysts, 10 still under observation.

Good if they are ALL pink.

Good! Do they update you the status or we have to phone and check?
I’m so nervous for my ER which will prob be next week as I’ve never been under deep sedation before.

I’m so nervous for my ER which will prob be next week as I’ve never been under deep sedation before.
They will tell you about number of eggs retrieved once you are out of observation after ER procedure. But they won't call to give status on embryo development, it will be told directly on ET day by doc and embryologist.

For the number of eggs retrieved, they will update you before you step out of KKIVF.
Under deep sedation, it's like going into deep sleep...which happens to be the best part of ER LOL

@Kimchi-ger , @Aries12345 , how are you ladies doing?
Feeling sad the IVF didn’t succeed! The doctor advise it is better to get donor eggs! Hopefully there is kind hearted person donate the egg , let me have a chance to be mother ! I feel in my life my dreams to be a mother is so difficult ! In Singapore are not able to find a donor eggs! I have been crying terribly when the IVF didn’t succeed.

Feeling sad the IVF didn’t succeed! The doctor advise it is better to get donor eggs! Hopefully there is kind hearted person donate the egg , let me have a chance to be mother ! I feel in my life my dreams to be a mother is so difficult ! In Singapore are not able to find a donor eggs! I have been crying terribly when the IVF didn’t succeed.

What happened? U did start the injections correct?

Mine too. Blood test is negative...

U did the transfer already?

They called up going to transfer said the embroye not active cannot be transfer already ! I have been crying terribly when they told me ! My heart was so sad and devasted ! Crying non stop on it ! My dreams to be a mother was shattered !
Hugs, cry all out and perhaps start to think of next step. Whatever decision u make, you have done your best

Feeling super down. Tummy hurting from all the needles , three needles a day.. this morning one of the needles blood dripped down after the needle was pulled out. Quite mentally and emotionally tired.

Feeling super down. Tummy hurting from all the needles , three needles a day.. this morning one of the needles blood dripped down after the needle was pulled out. Quite mentally and emotionally tired.
I oso encountered the blood dripped down after pulling out the needles. Was so emo tat time.

Hmm ya I think I also was thinking, haiz, why I need to go through all these. Not saying hubby is not supportive but just feel not fair cos we ladies have to go through so much.
But thats life la.. eyes on the prize ya, the process is not important

So sorry to hear that Aries. I don't know what to say to you also. Can only tell you to take time to get better, build up your body, and explore other options. When you're ready, come back and tell us if you need brainstorm or just to share

*hugs*

Did you use ice pack? My nurse told me to ice it at least 5 min before injection. When poking in and pulling out the needle, always make sure its 90 degrees. Jiayou, you can do it.

Note also, that the chemicals may be making you more emotional. During this period of time, better to reduce all sources of stress. Take leave if you can. Treat yourself well.

Hi, I am a patient at NUH, so far I have 3 failed cycles.. my last stimulation cycle only managed to retrieve 3 eggs, but none managed to be fertilised. Feeling really depressed. I only left 1 fresh and 1 frozen cycle to try..

Does anyone knows how's the ivf procedure like in SGH? Do the ivf doctors perform the scan themselves or the scanning is done by the sonographers in KKH? At NUH, the scans are done by the doctors themselves which I like. Too bad the NUH IVF lab is closing for reno hence I'm thinking of looking for alternatives at either SGH or KKH.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hmm ya I think I also was thinking, haiz, why I need to go through all these. Not saying hubby is not supportive but just feel not fair cos we ladies have to go through so much.
But thats life la.. eyes on the prize ya, the process is not important

Exactly.. sometimes feel why we are conceiving in pain and not ecstasy...

Hi, I am a patient at NUH, so far I have 3 failed cycles.. my last stimulation cycle only managed to retrieve 3 eggs, but none managed to be fertilised. Feeling really depressed. I only left 1 fresh and 1 frozen cycle to try..

Does anyone knows how's the ivf procedure like in SGH? Do the ivf doctors perform the scan themselves or the scanning is done by the sonographers in KKH? At NUH, the scans are done by the doctors themselves which I like. Too bad the NUH IVF lab is closing for reno hence I'm thinking of looking for alternatives at either SGH or KKH.

Have not tried SGH or KKH IVF but wishing u all the best!

Hi, at KKH and SGH, the scans are done by sonographers not doctors.

So sorry to hear that Aries. I don't know what to say to you also. Can only tell you to take time to get better, build up your body, and explore other options. When you're ready, come back and tell us if you need brainstorm or just to share

*hugs*
I feel lost in my heart and motivation ! My dreams was shattered to be a mother ! Just feeling sad in my heart this few days , my mind is blank and feel lost in my way the motivation and goal ! The only hope only is donor is donor eggs but Singapore won’t be get it unless the kind hearted person be the donor.! Feel my heart is emptiness and lose hope on it ! Feel loss and sad everyday whenever I think of this!

I feel lost in my heart and motivation ! My dreams was shattered to be a mother ! Just feeling sad in my heart this few days , my mind is blank and feel lost in my way the motivation and goal ! The only hope only is donor is donor eggs but Singapore won’t be get it unless the kind hearted person be the donor.! Feel my heart is emptiness and lose hope on it ! Feel loss and sad everyday whenever I think of this!
Ya, it's harder to get donor eggs cos it means the lady who is willing to help you has to undergo injections and egg retrieval. It's a tough job and I don't think most women would want to go through the pain just to donate.

Perhaps you can try donor embryos - couples who are done with having children, but still have frozen embryos.

If you cant find any couple who is willing to donate their embryos, you may want to consider adoption to fulfil your dream to be a mother.

Hugs, after all the cries, gotta pick yourself up and think of next step.. indeed donor eggs aren't common here. Covid is also making travel impossible..
Anyways u have tried your best. Whatever it is no regrets already.

Ya, it's harder to get donor eggs cos it means the lady who is willing to help you has to undergo injections and egg retrieval. It's a tough job and I don't think most women would want to go through the pain just to donate.

Perhaps you can try donor embryos - couples who are done with having children, but still have frozen embryos.

If you cant find any couple who is willing to donate their embryos, you may want to consider adoption to fulfil your dream to be a mother.

That’s true, you are very right. Even for ourselves to go through all the jabs and all it’s so tough alr how to ask people to go through it? Embryos or adoption is easier.

But Aries have you asked the doctor whether egg quality can be improved? Or maybe change of diet and exercise? If it is not a genetic issue I believe we can change our bodies if we have a will.

That’s true, you are very right. Even for ourselves to go through all the jabs and all it’s so tough alr how to ask people to go through it? Embryos or adoption is easier.

But Aries have you asked the doctor whether egg quality can be improved? Or maybe change of diet and exercise? If it is not a genetic issue I believe we can change our bodies if we have a will.
I think she mentioned age as a factor.

Yeah, I think 2 years back, I happened to see a posting of donor embryos. This guy is done with family planning, and he didn't want to waste the balanced embryos, so he donated.

I think she mentioned age as a factor.

Yeah, I think 2 years back, I happened to see a posting of donor embryos. This guy is done with family planning, and he didn't want to waste the balanced embryos, so he donated.
Hope there is a kind hearted person lend me a hand in order to have a chance to be mother ! Just feeling sad everyday I think of it , feeling loss my motivation and goal !

Hope there is a kind hearted person lend me a hand in order to have a chance to be mother ! Just feeling sad everyday I think of it , feeling loss my motivation and goal !
Aries, will your husband agree to donor embryo? Will both of you mind that the baby will not bear your genetic make up?

I guess we are in no position to say this but life is more than having babies.. though not many, but its getting common that married couples have no kids.
If u have kids when too old, various risk is also much much higher. And when you're into 70s, your kid probably still schooling.. just my thought la
Nonetheless its a choice and decision to be made. Hope you will find an answer and peace soon. Feeling sad everyday is not going to help you in anyway. Stay strong!

Having a child is not a bed of roses. The challenges are A LOT tougher than the TTC journey itself. Infact, I remember breaking down in front of my doc then (Dr Tan HH) when I went for a usual review coz it was just super overwhelming after the kids came along. I used to think like you....feeling sad & depressed not having kids and I even sought psychiatric help. But I guess as time goes by like what @Dreamscometrue mentioned, life is more than just having babies. I guess without such expectations, my emotional state was better and might be a factor that we managed to succeed eventually. Don't stress about it too much. Hugs.

If you have low overran reserv
Aries, will your husband agree to donor embryo? Will both of you mind that the baby will not bear your genetic make up?
Hi sisters ! To get donor eggs is so difficult in Singapore don’t said embryo even more difficult ! Feeling sad when see couples carry baby outing but we are unable to have this sense of happiness on it !

Having a child is not a bed of roses. The challenges are A LOT tougher than the TTC journey itself. Infact, I remember breaking down in front of my doc then (Dr Tan HH) when I went for a usual review coz it was just super overwhelming after the kids came along. I used to think like you....feeling sad & depressed not having kids and I even sought psychiatric help. But I guess as time goes by like what @Dreamscometrue mentioned, life is more than just having babies. I guess without such expectations, my emotional state was better and might be a factor that we managed to succeed eventually. Don't stress about it too much. Hugs.
Whenever we go outing seeing couples carrying babies , my heart feel very very upset . I don’t have a chance to hear my baby called me mummy ! This is the most regret in my life! As what the doctor said my overian is very Low unless donor eggs . Whenever I think of it I feel very very upset !

Hi it has been a long time since last saw u here again. Are u going for another baby?

Whenever we go outing seeing couples carrying babies , my heart feel very very upset . I don’t have a chance to hear my baby called me mummy ! This is the most regret in my life! As what the doctor said my overian is very Low unless donor eggs . Whenever I think of it I feel very very upset !

Hugs. Certain things are beyond our control but as long as we tried & exhaust most avenues, give yourself a pat on the back. Is this your 1st IVF? have you tried TCM or seen a 2nd opinion for your low ovarian reserves? one of my frens also similar case and while waiting for IVF to start, she strike naturally & her girl is 1yo. I still remember her very despaired look when she shared with us she's like almost menopause kind of stage as she was 40yo then.

Any relatives willing to donate their eggs? Maybe can try

Back