IVF/ICSI Support Group

okay.. we will try natural means this month haha.
you planning FET also? how many little champs you have?
Hi I wanted to try the natural cycle too but my menses is very irregular so the dr suggest to stick to the artificial cycle. Yes I’m waiting for my menses to start FET#2. I have quite a lot more frosties.

Hi I wanted to try the natural cycle too but my menses is very irregular so the dr suggest to stick to the artificial cycle. Yes I’m waiting for my menses to start FET#2. I have quite a lot more frosties.
Okay. Will pray for you. All the best.

Hi
i meant, i have 4 more frozen. not sure i do another FET when my next AF which will start in next 4-5 days, or leave this AF and put them on the cycle that follows.
Yup I think should let ur body flush out all the meds b4 u start the next FET.

But if u wanna start soon it's entirely up to u.

Hi ladies..

i just went for my review today after my first failed cycle.. I’m with KKH - Dr Jerry Chan...

I don’t know why but he is quite persistent for me to go for my second cycle soon.. I just dont have faith in him anymore coz he is very quiet and didn’t give me much details about why i’m on certain medications and not others.. When i asked about my egg quality he was just very vague and said well it was good, hence it fertilized... My first cycle I only had 2 eggs retrieved out of 2 follicles and only one matured and fertilitzed by ICSI...

I told him i’m considering but not so soon coz honestly I’m quite scared of failing again and he kept telling me I’m having low eggs reserved and I shouldn’t wait and to me it’s pretty demoralizing..

I just felt that they want me to use up the government funding..

i dont know.. what should i do...?

He is right you shouldn’t wait especially with Low egg reserve. Think of it this way he feels u still have a good to fair chance that’s why encourage u to cycle ASAP. U can build up your body for three months but no longer than that. Govt hospital has stopped most Ivf procedures and only allow patient with condition to do it.

Hello all
I’m with Dr.SF Loh in TFC. ER back in March and went for freeze all cycle (6 Embies with ICSI) as doctor found I may have OHSS. Did my FET (two Day2 good embryos) on 06May and my OTD is coming Thursday 21 May .Did home test today 13DP2DT and it’s a BFN. :( Am I out ?
My first time and so depressing .
Should I still consider beta?
Any advice?

Not everyone succeed on their first try. Many ttc ladies do it a few times. Blood test is the most accurate. You are not out until the blood test result.

He is right you shouldn’t wait especially with Low egg reserve. Think of it this way he feels u still have a good to fair chance that’s why encourage u to cycle ASAP. U can build up your body for three months but no longer than that. Govt hospital has stopped most Ivf procedures and only allow patient with condition to do it.
Okies thank u your kind words.. i’ll follow through then.. ♥️♥️♥️

Hi, after my first failed ivf in feb 2018, i started my next cycle (long protocol) in 2 months time after i failed. My dr is dr sadhana. My first ivf short protocol also 2 eggs retrieved and 1 fertilised, transferred at d2. I am low amh too. I got my girl from my second ivf cycle d2 embryo. Actually it depend on yr comfort level.
Hi...

I was also thinking of switching to Dr Sandhana coz a few of my friends too got successful withher.. thanks for sharing Baoboa.. ♥️

Hi!
I failed a fresh and frozen cycle.

Did retrieval this Mar and now pending for frozen cycle in early June.

might be a bit late to ask now but is there any food or supplements that I should take to better prepare myself for the transfer?
Thanks!

hi all

Im new in this groupchat. I just did my fresh cycle ivf with dr yu from sgh in end March. ended up with severe OHSS but managed to get a bfp. Long story short, I am 8 weeks this week but last scan at 7 weeks, the embryo heartbeat drop to 72. I am expecting a miscarriage soon. Just want to check if I were to do a mini confinement, would it be after I finish bleeding then take the confinement food or I can just take the confinement food while bleeding? thanks!

hi all

Im new in this groupchat. I just did my fresh cycle ivf with dr yu from sgh in end March. ended up with severe OHSS but managed to get a bfp. Long story short, I am 8 weeks this week but last scan at 7 weeks, the embryo heartbeat drop to 72. I am expecting a miscarriage soon. Just want to check if I were to do a mini confinement, would it be after I finish bleeding then take the confinement food or I can just take the confinement food while bleeding? thanks!
I had a evacuation of uterus done a month ago and I immediately started eating the confinement food. Didn't have any issues.

Wanna ask if say 1st pregnancy has spotting, will subsequent preg have too? Or may not have?

My 1st preg I had spotting till week 9 or 10. Now planning 2nd one. But abit hesitant cos LO is only 1.5yo. Not sure if we can manage

Anyone has any thoughts or advise?

My hb sperm morphology is less than 1 percent checked 6 mths ago. Count and density is normal. Is ICSI a better choice for us? Anyone did PICSI at KK and can kindly share ? Thanks so much !

My hb sperm morphology is less than 1 percent checked 6 mths ago. Count and density is normal. Is ICSI a better choice for us? Anyone did PICSI at KK and can kindly share ? Thanks so much !
Not so sure about PICSI, but ICSI is definitely a better choice compared to letting them fertilise by themselves which is risky.

What's your main concern with ICSI?

hi all

Heartbeat dropped don’t mean miscarriage right? Unless your hcg level dropped and scan shows no development for embryos.
To answer your question, do mini confinement after the bleeding. Just make sure inside is clear properly and no remains.

Wanna ask if say 1st pregnancy has spotting, will subsequent preg have too? Or may not have?

My 1st preg I had spotting till week 9 or 10. Now planning 2nd one. But abit hesitant cos LO is only 1.5yo. Not sure if we can manage

Anyone has any thoughts or advise?

Two to three yrs gap is good. They can still play with each other. As with all siblings expect lots of fighting n quarrelling everyday. Attention definitely divided. It’s difficult when they are young but they grow up to have a bigger family n he or she is not alone with no one to share problem with.

I got my AF 4day after I stop progynova and ustrogen...
but I was expecting it to be heavy flow . But to my surprise the flow is less even compared to my normal cycles . But I have bad cramping . Is this normal?
I think it is fine. The dr will check your lining, uterus and everything to make sure it is okay. Don’t worry ok?

Two to three yrs gap is good. They can still play with each other. As with all siblings expect lots of fighting n quarrelling everyday. Attention definitely divided. It’s difficult when they are young but they grow up to have a bigger family n he or she is not alone with no one to share problem with.
Thanks for your reply. My concern now is more with tww, and if luckily can be preg how to tc of the baby

Thanks for your reply. My concern now is more with tww, and if luckily can be preg how to tc of the baby

unless your pregnancy have complications if not u can still carry. By the time u do procedure etc your child will be two yrs old n don’t need to carry so often. Send to childcare too.

Just finished doctor appointment after my first failed FET. He quite surprised mine failed . So ask me next time try to do intralipid infusion . But he ask us to choose ourself when to start next FET.
Any suggestions ? I’m in my last day of my AF after my failed cycle . The flow is not heavy. It was light and lighter than my usual witch .
If everything goes well my next menses will start mid June . Should I consider my next FET mid June or it is better to wait for the one which follows in mid July?

Not so sure about PICSI, but ICSI is definitely a better choice compared to letting them fertilise by themselves which is risky.

What's your main concern with ICSI?

I was told if natural sometimes there is no fertilisation at all and ICSI higher success fertilisation rate but higher birth defects risk too.

If ICSI how do they pick the best sperm for fertilisation? Just by eye ?

Just finished doctor appointment after my first failed FET. He quite surprised mine failed . So ask me next time try to do intralipid infusion . But he ask us to choose ourself when to start next FET.
Any suggestions ? I’m in my last day of my AF after my failed cycle . The flow is not heavy. It was light and lighter than my usual witch .
If everything goes well my next menses will start mid June . Should I consider my next FET mid June or it is better to wait for the one which follows in mid July?
Hi dear I think it doesn’t really matter. If you are ready, you should do it when your next menses come. I’m waiting for the menses currently to try again. For my case the dr is not going to do anything different as most probably the embry is flawed although is 5AA grade. Hopefully it works.

Hi dear I think it doesn’t really matter. If you are ready, you should do it when your next menses come. I’m waiting for the menses currently to try again. For my case the dr is not going to do anything different as most probably the embry is flawed although is 5AA grade. Hopefully it works.
Okay . Then may be I tray again mid June . Just worry intralipid.. is it painful?
Wish you get a BFP. Be hopeful and positive .

Okay . Then may be I tray again mid June . Just worry intralipid.. is it painful?
Wish you get a BFP. Be hopeful and positive .
Intralipid is just slightly more painful than a normal jab because administered to your hand (back) vein and needle is thicker but it is not that scary considering the whole IVF process.

Bring a cardigan along, you might need it as it gets a bit cold with the drip going into you overtime. It’s normal :)

I was told if natural sometimes there is no fertilisation at all and ICSI higher success fertilisation rate but higher birth defects risk too.

If ICSI how do they pick the best sperm for fertilisation? Just by eye ?
Yup the risk of zero fertilisation can happen for natural so why take the risk. I think nowadays most ivf are ICSI.

How they choose the sperm I don't know..

Intralipid is just slightly more painful than a normal jab because administered to your hand (back) vein and needle is thicker but it is not that scary considering the whole IVF process.

Bring a cardigan along, you might need it as it gets a bit cold with the drip going into you overtime. It’s normal :)
Sure . How long is the process ?
The clinic also say my husband need to do HIV Test after six months and booked a appointment in September... Donno where all of a sudden this came . Is it normal ?

The clinic also say my husband need to do HIV Test after six months and booked a appointment in September... Donno where all of a sudden this came . Is it normal ?

It's a mandatory test. Even if you have the embryos frozen, once the blood test expires, you'll need to do a new test before you can do any transfer.

Abt 20-45 mins depending on rate of flow into your veins.

Back