IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies! Just thought of sharing this ‘glimmer of hope’ for those with low AMH...

My AMH was 1.9 ng/ml (normal but not good) in mid 2018 and it inevitably dropped to 1.0 ng/ml (low for a 30 year old) in mid 2019. They always say that AMH is irreversible and will only worsen as you get older. It’s as if those who are preliminarily diagnosed with diminishing / low ovarian reserve are ‘doomed’.

However, started taking Ubiquinol (reduced form of CoQ10) for 6 months and saw unexpected result (had to re-take the BT as even the doc didn’t believe & wanted to rule out any lab error):

Before: 7.14 pmol/l (1.0 ng/ml)
After: 16.7 pmol/l (2.33 ng/ml)

Guide:
0.8-4.4 pmol/l = Low ovarian reserve (LOR)
4.4-14.2 pmol/l = Normal ovarian reserve
14.3 & above pmol/l = Good ovarian reserve

Hi ladies! Just thought of sharing this ‘glimmer of hope’ for those with low AMH...

My AMH was 1.9 ng/ml (normal but not good) in mid 2018 and it inevitably dropped to 1.0 ng/ml (low for a 30 year old) in mid 2019. They always say that AMH is irreversible and will only worsen as you get older. It’s as if those who are preliminarily diagnosed with diminishing / low ovarian reserve are ‘doomed’.

However, started taking Ubiquinol (reduced form of CoQ10) for 6 months and saw unexpected result (had to re-take the BT as even the doc didn’t believe & wanted to rule out any lab error):

Before: 7.14 pmol/l (1.0 ng/ml)
After: 16.7 pmol/l (2.33 ng/ml)

Guide:
0.8-4.4 pmol/l = Low ovarian reserve (LOR)
4.4-14.2 pmol/l = Normal ovarian reserve
14.3 & above pmol/l = Good ovarian reserve
What brand are u taking?

SRV,
Perhaps u could try calling up Dr Loh’s OG clinic to ask to compare prices first. It is not more than 200 from my memory. I see Dr Sheila too. She would be ok with wherever u choose to get the intralipid done.
oh that is good information. thanks for sharing. do I need to make a separate appointment at Dr LOh clinic?

oh that is good information. thanks for sharing. do I need to make a separate appointment at Dr LOh clinic?
Yes dear just call the O&G clinic at 62591819 and tell them you’re Dr Sheila’s patient keen for intralipid and they will make the arrangements for you.

anyone can recommend tingkat food delivery suitable for us during 2ww? healthy ones with no processed, canned or preserved food?

I ordered from Kim kitchen n Ronnie Long time ago. It’s not easy to find tingkat without canned or preserved food. I chose 4 dishes instead of 3 dishes plus 1 soup. U can choose not to eat that dish if it’s canned food.

U can call to make an appointment n tell them for intralipid. I am not sure if u still need to see dr Loh before the drip. U may want to check with the nurse. It cost around $200 for the drip.

May i know the cost of the acupuncture treatment at thomson tcm?

It was many yrs back so the cost is not accurate now. Around $400 for 5 ACU sessions n they have special rate for TFC patient. U can call to Enquire.

It was many yrs back so the cost is not accurate now. Around $400 for 5 ACU sessions n they have special rate for TFC patient. U can call to Enquire.

Thanks for ur reply

I took her herbs 3 months prior my FET then from Trim 2 till my confinement.
My then prescription was to drink 2 days and stop for a day but at times, its a daily prescription till the next visit.
So its v. fluid and she would advise based on individual's body constitution.

Hi @daylesford,

Can I check what is the queuing like? Heard that for fertility issues, Dr Loh kim Gek only see patients in the morning or afternoon? No night consultation.

Is it a lot of people? Thinking when will be a good time to see her? CAuse I called and ask if I go down to take queue number at 2pm, by 4.30pm where the consultation time end, will I get to see her? Cause I don’t want to take leave and in the end not able to see her. but the person can’t advise cause she
Cause I understand that some of the medicine is free, so there are a lot of people.

Do we have to pay for the medication, if so, how much do you pay for the consultation and the medicine? Is it in powder form or we have to brew ourselves?
Thank you!

Hi @daylesford,

Can I check what is the queuing like? Heard that for fertility issues, Dr Loh kim Gek only see patients in the morning or afternoon? No night consultation.

Is it a lot of people? Thinking when will be a good time to see her? CAuse I called and ask if I go down to take queue number at 2pm, by 4.30pm where the consultation time end, will I get to see her? Cause I don’t want to take leave and in the end not able to see her. but the person can’t advise cause she
Cause I understand that some of the medicine is free, so there are a lot of people.

Do we have to pay for the medication, if so, how much do you pay for the consultation and the medicine? Is it in powder form or we have to brew ourselves?
Thank you!

Hi I am visiting Dr Loh Kim Gek weekly. The queue registration starts 7.30am/12.30pm for weekdays which is half an hour earlier before consultation starts. My advice is try to go as early as possible. I usually go in the morning. She needs to spend more than half an hour to an hour on new patient. She is off on Thursdays weekly for now.

Consultation and medication is free. You can make a voluntary donation though. Medication for me so far are all herbs which need to be brewed.

Hi @daylesford,

Thank you!

During my time, Dr Loh has a schedule where certain days she only sees fertility related cases while certain days she's a General consultation dr. Not sure for now but you can call their main branch and check on her fertility clinics schedules.

She doesn't operate like the rest of the famous fertility TCMs i used to visit... Long queue and chop chop in and out type. She don't have throngs of patients waiting to see her... but she can be detail and slow. So my candid comments, be prepared to WAIT if you are considering seeing her. If you have time crunch due to work commitments, she's probably not the best fit. But once you trust her, her meds worked wonder... (even for common ailments). Guess she's v. experience after being there for so many years seeing patients from all walks of life.

I used to go down to TongJi to get an initial queue no. at 630AM.. then go for breakkie and return at 725AM to get the actual queue no. to see Dr Loh at 8AM. I am usually the first or 2nd patient to see her and I could leave the clinic no later than 9AM.

Tong Ji does not prescribe powder form for fertility patients and you must self brew. If you want the powder herb form, you may need to ask her if she allows to prescribe u the powder herb prescription and you may need to get the powder herbs outside. I used to see her at her private clinic on Saturdays before I switch to see her in TongJi and i tried her powder herb prescription but I personally prefer brew herb as I found it more effective and taste waste... it doesn't hv that powdery after-taste.

Good Luck !

Anyone been to KK for FET/ET these 2 weeks? Am due for my FET soon but wondering if they stopped doing procedures cos of the Covid..have been looking forward to it since a long wait :S

Hi I am visiting Dr Loh Kim Gek weekly. The queue registration starts 7.30am/12.30pm for weekdays which is half an hour earlier before consultation starts. My advice is try to go as early as possible. I usually go in the morning. She needs to spend more than half an hour to an hour on new patient. She is off on Thursdays weekly for now.

Consultation and medication is free. You can make a voluntary donation though. Medication for me so far are all herbs which need to be brewed.

Hi Thanks!
Is the herb easy to prepare? She also speak english right? They can only prepare 1 week worth of herb each time?

During my time, Dr Loh has a schedule where certain days she only sees fertility related cases while certain days she's a General consultation dr. Not sure for now but you can call their main branch and check on her fertility clinics schedules.

She doesn't operate like the rest of the famous fertility TCMs i used to visit... Long queue and chop chop in and out type. She don't have throngs of patients waiting to see her... but she can be detail and slow. So my candid comments, be prepared to WAIT if you are considering seeing her. If you have time crunch due to work commitments, she's probably not the best fit. But once you trust her, her meds worked wonder... (even for common ailments). Guess she's v. experience after being there for so many years seeing patients from all walks of life.

I used to go down to TongJi to get an initial queue no. at 630AM.. then go for breakkie and return at 725AM to get the actual queue no. to see Dr Loh at 8AM. I am usually the first or 2nd patient to see her and I could leave the clinic no later than 9AM.

Tong Ji does not prescribe powder form for fertility patients and you must self brew. If you want the powder herb form, you may need to ask her if she allows to prescribe u the powder herb prescription and you may need to get the powder herbs outside. I used to see her at her private clinic on Saturdays before I switch to see her in TongJi and i tried her powder herb prescription but I personally prefer brew herb as I found it more effective and taste waste... it doesn't hv that powdery after-taste.

Good Luck !

Hi,

I see, thanks for your advice!

Hi All,

Now that Dr Tan HH is not at KKH, who is the next best experience ivf doctor in KkH? Mine is quite complicated case and I already failed three times.

Hi Thanks!
Is the herb easy to prepare? She also speak english right? They can only prepare 1 week worth of herb each time?

Hi there! I mainly converse with her in Chinese so I’m not really sure if she can speak English. But I give her my KK medical report to review and she is able to understand and analyse the results.

Herbs wise I was given 2 packets a week. If u need more just go to the tcm hall opposite to buy no issue. For me after I’m done with consultation, I just go opposite to buy so is very convenient :)

Hi there! I mainly converse with her in Chinese so I’m not really sure if she can speak English. But I give her my KK medical report to review and she is able to understand and analyse the results.

Herbs wise I was given 2 packets a week. If u need more just go to the tcm hall opposite to buy no issue. For me after I’m done with consultation, I just go opposite to buy so is very convenient :)
Hi,
Can I check do you feel improvement after drinking the herb? They will give instruction as in to put how much water, right? Can check, why do you want to go there weekly instead of buying 1 month worth of medicine? To tweak the dosage?

thank you.

Hi,
Can I check do you feel improvement after drinking the herb? They will give instruction as in to put how much water, right? Can check, why do you want to go there weekly instead of buying 1 month worth of medicine? To tweak the dosage?

thank you.

Oh I go weekly as I’m not working at the moment. Yes instructions will be given on how to brew the tcm so don’t worry.

Only started with tcm last month so I can’t say much for improvement for now as takes time one especially for tcm.

Hi,

thank you.

Yes instructions will be given by tongji or even dr loh on how to brew the herbs. I vaguely rmb first time was brew 4 bowls of water and pour the 1st round of concoction followed by 2nd round using the same herbs. The combined concoction would be for 2 days of consumption.

Go weekly so that Dr Loh can tweak the herbs accordingly. 1 month is way too long...

Anyone had heavy bleeding with clot week 5/6 :(
Waiting to see a doc now. Dont know how to feel. Just saw 2 sacs yesterday and all was well. Today suddenly got heavy bleeding and fresh blood with clot dropping out. Had no pain earlier on.

Dear all,

We are blessed with a pair of beautiful twins!

We will be returning 88 Red Eggs to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang at Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao at Toa Payoh tomorrow (29th Mar 2020, Sunday) at 3pm.

Hopefully can help to spread some baby dust! Good luck!

Address:
Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao (Siong Lim Temple, part of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery)
Where: 184 Jalan Toa Payoh
Phone: 6259 5292
Opening hours: 8am – 5pm

Hi all! Checking to ask if any ivf are delayed due to the latest updates today?
Hi which stage are u at now and with which hospital? I started my fresh cycle with pte Doctor. Since started have to continue for retrieval.

I was still thinking of going ahead with the transfer until the new announcement. Hence likely will hold off FET till situation gets better

Hi, I think the main factor is that he only uses gonal f and pure LH (forget the name of it), which I think I don’t have good results.First round under KKH, i was under 450 gonal f, 6 eggs with only 1 d2 grade 3 embryo
Hi I just did a cycle with Roland again and did not use gonal F at all. At first was clomid and menopur for stim and a drug which starts with O for suppression.

Did u ask how he will do differently for next round if u continue with him?

Hi,

Anyone experienced administrating trigger shot 1 hour earlier than instructed? Is it ok?

Thanks in advanced...

not sure if it is ok coz the nurse advice me to be on time because trigger shot matures the eggs and it can float free from about 34 hours after hCG, giving a four-hour window for egg retrieval, which is scheduled 36 hours after the hCG injection..

if its earlier the eggs might go out from the follicles naturally...
Hi I just did a cycle with Roland again and did not use gonal F at all. At first was clomid and menopur for stim and a drug which starts with O for suppression.

Did u ask how he will do differently for next round if u continue with him?

i been reading so many of you ladies are getting Gonal-F.. and growing so many follicles.. it made me wonder why is it different from mine..

this is my first, my cycle seems to be super short.. i was given oral meds Letrozole n folic acid.. scan.. then follow by 3 of Orgalutran jabs.. then scan.. then Puregon 900.. 2 times jab of 450.. and addition 2 of Orgalutran jabs...scan.. And finally the trigger shot Ovidrel 250.. on day 9.. then my day 11 i had my egg retrieval.. I only had 2 follicles grown, 2 eggs retrieved, and now waiting for transfer day, they didn’t call me to tell me if my eggs ferterlize, just call me for the timing to come..

I am hopeful, please pray for me.. ♥️

I had massive bleeding in week 6 with fresh red blood and many many large clots discharged and before and after that bleeding throughout my trimester 1 and into my early trimester 2. Everything still went ok so don’t think too much. Worrying only scares the shit out of you but doesn’t help stop the bleed. If it helps, just pray. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.
It is just so tough at this point

I have dark brown/ brown and at time dark red spotting almost every hour now. I also see little bit of stringy red thing coming out every now and then.

Had red, brown, pink bleeding early week 5, then heavy red bleeding with clot end of week 5, then spotting week 6...stopped a day or two, now again spotting daily. Im not sure if its considered spotting since it is there everytime...

Got 5 jabs, on the max support meds, seen the doctor 4 times since week 5 and scanned..feel so hopeless seeing blood like spotting everyday now

Hi which stage are u at now and with which hospital? I started my fresh cycle with pte Doctor. Since started have to continue for retrieval.

I was still thinking of going ahead with the transfer until the new announcement. Hence likely will hold off FET till situation gets better
I have yet to start my ivf. Some long story there.. Was diagnosed with high tsh at nuh and was put on 4 months medication, and 1 month into my medication my repeat blood test was put on hold due to covid but nuh didn't advise me to stop medication for now and I continued for another 2 months. Decided to go back to kkh 2 months later and did my repeat tsh and realised my tsh dropped way too low to not even 1. Then now I have to continue medication to bring my tsh up again, only can start ivf until my tsh is back to at least 2 I think.
Supposed to go back to kkh end April for repeat tsh test but with the situation now not sure if can I still proceed, will call them again nearer to date.

Back