IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi, can I check what is your issue? And in the end, what did dr Sheila advice? She don’t do IVF right? You only go to her for checking and continue IVF at another place?

Hopehope,
I also saw dr shiela after hearing milogal sharings. I had thyroid issues which prevented from trying No2. After 4yrs of treating my thyroid my T4 and TSH had regulated within the normal range but dr shiela picked up high thyriod antibodies and put me on steroids. I bfp with my No2 at 40 !! Recommended 4 other friends with many episodes of CP, miscarriages, implantation failure to Dr shiela and all bfp on that cycle they saw Dr Shiela and all of them had delivered ! But on a side note, these friends all had Blastocysts of v good grades with my ivf dr.. One of them tried for 8years before the arrival of her golden baby. (Lost count of how many fresh , FET cycles and MCs she went through).

You are still young so press on.
Take charge of your fertility roadmap and together with perseverance, your prayers of having your own child will be answered in a matter of time.

I had been trying for 2 years. Went through 2 failed IUI under dr Lc foong, 2 Fresh Transfer under KKh (1 bfn,1CP) and finally 1 FET with Dr Roland. due to Low amh, I only had 1 d2 grade 3 fertilised embryo for first fresh, 2 d2 embryo for 2nd fresh and for FET, 1 4BB embryo.

All failed. I thought Dr Roland will be my lucky stars, since a lot of Low amh or unsuccessful for many times, bfp under him. He sound confident for my case too, but it still turns out bfn.

It is financially draining, given that we just bought a car due to my husband work location and flat is coming next year. And most importantly, it is so emotionally draining.

We do not have much saving too, but we really wanted our own children.

CNY is coming also. I tot that I may have good news for my parents finally. But....

And I am 30 years old this year, no one seems to understand why I am doing to so extreme.
But you know when you are younger in age and still failed 5 times, somehow the egg quality is not good on top on Low egg counts.

i really don’t know what else I can do. Tried max dose of gonal f at 1st IvF, 1 average embryo. Tried 150 menopur,1 average and 1 above embryo, but chemical pregnancy at Super Low Beta.
Last round was a combination of gonal f and some LH injection, then lupron and endo scratch.

don’t know what else I should try.
Not forgetting that I had fever on d1 of my 1st IVF stim, water cyst found on d1 of my 2nd IVF stim then fall down a flight of stairs a few days after my ET and for the 3rd cycle, I developed fever during my stim and cough and flu during my FET.

So many things happened, I wasn’t feeling very stress for my 3rd cycle, in fact hopeful, but I also don’t know why I ended up sick during stim and FET.

Can I blame it that I am sick for the failure? But there are others that succeeded despite being sick. Some even say that sick is good, so that our body will concentrate on fighting the virus and won’t Attack the embryo. But it does not work for my case.

Hugs! This is so tough. Do stay strong and not give up hope. I believe many of us here have been through rounds of failures and heart breaks too. We’re here to support one another

You might want to consider getting your embryo(s) PGS tested. For myself, I have endometriotic cysts in both my ovaries. My egg quality was so bad that I didn’t have any viable embryos for transfer during my 1st IVF in 2017. Totally devastated then! Took a 6 months break from IVF to attempt to improve my egg quality. Did acupuncture, did fertility massage, took chinese herbs, took supplements like COQ10, anti-oxidants etc, ate healthy, exercised, cut out caffeine, cut out alcohol, stopped doing mani and pedi, stopped putting on perfume, minimise contact with plastic and all sorts of stuff (basically followed the recommendations in the It Starts With The Egg book and from the research that I did). Conceived naturally just before the start of my 2nd IVF but it turned out to be CP. Took another 5 months to nurse my body back to health and continued to try to improve my egg quality before my 2nd IVF. Egg quality did improve and I did get 2 D3 embryos but they didn’t implant.

Chromosomal abnormalities could be a potential issue and thus we wanted to ensure that the next embryo we transfer is a tested normal one. Went to Alpha KL upon recommendation from my friends. Managed to get 4 blastocysts (best results i’ve ever had) from my first stimms in KL and out of the 4, only 1’s chromosomally normal (my best graded blast of the 4 turned out to be chromosomally abnormal). Had there be no PGS, I might have to go through 3 rounds of heart breaking transfers before finally succeeding.

I’m certainly not saying that PGS would definitely work, there’s no guarantee really. For us, we were always asking ourselves what the potential issue might be and what we could do better in the next cycle to address that. And as it turned out, PGS was the answer for us.

All the best to you! This community is here to support one another

I had been trying for 2 years. Went through 2 failed IUI under dr Lc foong, 2 Fresh Transfer under KKh (1 bfn,1CP) and finally 1 FET with Dr Roland. due to Low amh, I only had 1 d2 grade 3 fertilised embryo for first fresh, 2 d2 embryo for 2nd fresh and for FET, 1 4BB embryo.

All failed. I thought Dr Roland will be my lucky stars, since a lot of Low amh or unsuccessful for many times, bfp under him. He sound confident for my case too, but it still turns out bfn.

It is financially draining, given that we just bought a car due to my husband work location and flat is coming next year. And most importantly, it is so emotionally draining.

We do not have much saving too, but we really wanted our own children.

CNY is coming also. I tot that I may have good news for my parents finally. But....

And I am 30 years old this year, no one seems to understand why I am doing to so extreme.
But you know when you are younger in age and still failed 5 times, somehow the egg quality is not good on top on Low egg counts.

i really don’t know what else I can do. Tried max dose of gonal f at 1st IvF, 1 average embryo. Tried 150 menopur,1 average and 1 above embryo, but chemical pregnancy at Super Low Beta.
Last round was a combination of gonal f and some LH injection, then lupron and endo scratch.

don’t know what else I should try.
Not forgetting that I had fever on d1 of my 1st IVF stim, water cyst found on d1 of my 2nd IVF stim then fall down a flight of stairs a few days after my ET and for the 3rd cycle, I developed fever during my stim and cough and flu during my FET.

So many things happened, I wasn’t feeling very stress for my 3rd cycle, in fact hopeful, but I also don’t know why I ended up sick during stim and FET.

Can I blame it that I am sick for the failure? But there are others that succeeded despite being sick. Some even say that sick is good, so that our body will concentrate on fighting the virus and won’t Attack the embryo. But it does not work for my case.

Babe, I was just looking through your post again. Maybe you can discuss with your IVF doc if you can try on Pergoveris instead? I was on gonal-F initially but it didnt yield good embryos so Dr Tan HH switched me to Pergoveris and it worked well and the embroys managed to go into blast stage. I remember speaking to one of the nurses and she mentioned Pergoveris helps in quality. No harm asking your doc about it and see what more can be done in your next protocol treatment.

Hopehope,
I also saw dr shiela after hearing milogal sharings. I had thyroid issues which prevented from trying No2. After 4yrs of treating my thyroid my T4 and TSH had regulated within the normal range but dr shiela picked up high thyriod antibodies and put me on steroids. I bfp with my No2 at 40 !! Recommended 4 other friends with many episodes of CP, miscarriages, implantation failure to Dr shiela and all bfp on that cycle they saw Dr Shiela and all of them had delivered ! But on a side note, these friends all had Blastocysts of v good grades with my ivf dr.. One of them tried for 8years before the arrival of her golden baby. (Lost count of how many fresh , FET cycles and MCs she went through).

You are still young so press on.
Take charge of your fertility roadmap and together with perseverance, your prayers of having your own child will be answered in a matter of time.

Hi,
Thank you. May I know who is your IvF doctor?

Babe, I was just looking through your post again. Maybe you can discuss with your IVF doc if you can try on Pergoveris instead? I was on gonal-F initially but it didnt yield good embryos so Dr Tan HH switched me to Pergoveris and it worked well and the embroys managed to go into blast stage. I remember speaking to one of the nurses and she mentioned Pergoveris helps in quality. No harm asking your doc about it and see what more can be done in your next protocol treatment.

Hi,

I initially requested dr Roland to provide menopur instead cause I had an only average d2 embryo when using max dosage of gonal f and only 1 embryo is being fertilised and of course failed fresh transfer. With menopur, I have one grade 4 and one grade 3 d2 embryo which result in Chemical pregnancy with Low beta of 30.
But he mentioned that his clinic only have gonal f and he uses blood test to determine if LH is not enough and give pure LH injection, and of course I did both gonal f and LH after he discovered that my LH level is not enough and E2 not high enough. After administering LH, my E2 also increase but according to doc, they are not correlation. Despite having 5000 e2, i have 4 eggs retrieved, but only 1 matured, which shouldn’t be the case. Usually, 1000 will have 1 matured egg. Which i took e2 during my 2nd IvF using menopur with Kkh, with e2 of 3000plus, I had 3 matured eggs and 2 fertilised.
It may be because of high dose of gonal f and lack of Lh, that cause poor quality in the 1st cycle. So I trusted in him with the combination of gonal f and menopur and it resulted in 1 4BB blast.
I will think that most prob, he will be using the reason that I am having fever and sick during both stim and Et for the failure?
that’s is the main reason whether I am thinking of switching to dr suresh cause dr Roland only use gonal f and pure LH.
on the other hand, I also heard of the Super Long waiting time under dr suresh and I am afraid that it will affect my work cause I can’t always converted half day morning to full day to see him and I can’t always submit MC.

My chest is always so tight when I am worried that I really cannot have a child of my own. The sense of uncertainty that some of you may also go through.

Hugs! This is so tough. Do stay strong and not give up hope. I believe many of us here have been through rounds of failures and heart breaks too. We’re here to support one another

You might want to consider getting your embryo(s) PGS tested. For myself, I have endometriotic cysts in both my ovaries. My egg quality was so bad that I didn’t have any viable embryos for transfer during my 1st IVF in 2017. Totally devastated then! Took a 6 months break from IVF to attempt to improve my egg quality. Did acupuncture, did fertility massage, took chinese herbs, took supplements like COQ10, anti-oxidants etc, ate healthy, exercised, cut out caffeine, cut out alcohol, stopped doing mani and pedi, stopped putting on perfume, minimise contact with plastic and all sorts of stuff (basically followed the recommendations in the It Starts With The Egg book and from the research that I did). Conceived naturally just before the start of my 2nd IVF but it turned out to be CP. Took another 5 months to nurse my body back to health and continued to try to improve my egg quality before my 2nd IVF. Egg quality did improve and I did get 2 D3 embryos but they didn’t implant.

Chromosomal abnormalities could be a potential issue and thus we wanted to ensure that the next embryo we transfer is a tested normal one. Went to Alpha KL upon recommendation from my friends. Managed to get 4 blastocysts (best results i’ve ever had) from my first stimms in KL and out of the 4, only 1’s chromosomally normal (my best graded blast of the 4 turned out to be chromosomally abnormal). Had there be no PGS, I might have to go through 3 rounds of heart breaking transfers before finally succeeding.

I’m certainly not saying that PGS would definitely work, there’s no guarantee really. For us, we were always asking ourselves what the potential issue might be and what we could do better in the next cycle to address that. And as it turned out, PGS was the answer for us.

All the best to you! This community is here to support one another
Hi, so you did stimulation and scanning and egg retrieval under Alpha KL? How days are required to fly over and the total cost including stimulation, retrieval and transfer and testing of PGS?
I am not sure whether am I financially capable of flying to and fro and on TOP of all the stimulation, procedure and testing.

Hi, so you did stimulation and scanning and egg retrieval under Alpha KL? How days are required to fly over and the total cost including stimulation, retrieval and transfer and testing of PGS?
I am not sure whether am I financially capable of flying to and fro and on TOP of all the stimulation, procedure and testing.

Yup, stimms, scans, ER, PGS and FET all at Alpha KL. Did 2 day trips to KL for scans during stimms, first flight out and then back in SG by evening. Stayed 2 nights in KL for ER and 10 nights for FET (no fixed number of nights you have to stay, personal preference). All in all (air fare, accom, initial consultations, whole IVF process), I paid about SGD 15 - 16k for one cycle. Alpha just opened in SG in Nov and Dr HH Tan is the medical director so will probably be able to do the initial consultation(s) and stimms in SG but ER and ET if you’re doing PGS will probably still be in KL. I’m not exactly sure how it’ll be like so if you would like to find out more, might want to call Alpha SG. Alternatively, there is (or was) a PGS trial at the public hospitals in SG but I’m not too sure if it’s still ongoing currently. Can probably contact KKIVF to find out

Hi,

I initially requested dr Roland to provide menopur instead cause I had an only average d2 embryo when using max dosage of gonal f and only 1 embryo is being fertilised and of course failed fresh transfer. With menopur, I have one grade 4 and one grade 3 d2 embryo which result in Chemical pregnancy with Low beta of 30.
But he mentioned that his clinic only have gonal f and he uses blood test to determine if LH is not enough and give pure LH injection, and of course I did both gonal f and LH after he discovered that my LH level is not enough and E2 not high enough. After administering LH, my E2 also increase but according to doc, they are not correlation. Despite having 5000 e2, i have 4 eggs retrieved, but only 1 matured, which shouldn’t be the case. Usually, 1000 will have 1 matured egg. Which i took e2 during my 2nd IvF using menopur with Kkh, with e2 of 3000plus, I had 3 matured eggs and 2 fertilised.
It may be because of high dose of gonal f and lack of Lh, that cause poor quality in the 1st cycle. So I trusted in him with the combination of gonal f and menopur and it resulted in 1 4BB blast.
I will think that most prob, he will be using the reason that I am having fever and sick during both stim and Et for the failure?
that’s is the main reason whether I am thinking of switching to dr suresh cause dr Roland only use gonal f and pure LH.
on the other hand, I also heard of the Super Long waiting time under dr suresh and I am afraid that it will affect my work cause I can’t always converted half day morning to full day to see him and I can’t always submit MC.

My chest is always so tight when I am worried that I really cannot have a child of my own. The sense of uncertainty that some of you may also go through.

Dr Roland didn’t have menopur? I thought my stim had menopur.. or maybe I remember wrongly

Hi,

I see. Coz happened that after me, Dr Tan HH also changed my frens' stimm jabs to pergoveris and they also see the results. But I'm thinking since you’re still going under Pte, perhaps you might wish to consider seeing Dr Tan HH instead. He’s really a very good and assuring doc and many successful cases under him. Importantly, he’s an eye-candy! haha

Totally understand how you feel about wanting a child of your own and the uncertainty and anxiety that comes with it. Hugs. Stay positive and believe that you will succeed in no time.

Just consulted Dr Tan..his new clinic is really cosy...apparently same view as Dr Loh. Fibroid is at the lining. It seems like lots of cons. As it’s highlighted to me that the multiple fibroids are pretty complex. Once removed there will be risk of scar and ruptured. So it still boils down to us to make the decision.

Hi all i have FET this morning and now this evening have sneezing and getting flu suddenly. Is anyone of you happened like that before? Any flu medication can i take? Scared will affect implantation but gettinh sick also not good at this moment.

I see. Coz happened that after me, Dr Tan HH also changed my frens' stimm jabs to pergoveris and they also see the results. But I'm thinking since you’re still going under Pte, perhaps you might wish to consider seeing Dr Tan HH instead. He’s really a very good and assuring doc and many successful cases under him. Importantly, he’s an eye-candy! haha

Totally understand how you feel about wanting a child of your own and the uncertainty and anxiety that comes with it. Hugs. Stay positive and believe that you will succeed in no time.

I failed twice under him already.

My result was bad with pergoveris. I feel ivf is all trial n error on the med that suits your body. Sadly it takes many trial for some to find the right med to succeed. If u haven’t use this med before it’s worth a try.

Hope there are many things u can do n try to improve your chances. Diet, intralipid, change protocol or Tcm or even Massage. u just need time.

My result was bad with pergoveris. I feel ivf is all trial n error on the med that suits your body. Sadly it takes many trial for some to find the right med to succeed. If u haven’t use this med before it’s worth a try.

Hope there are many things u can do n try to improve your chances. Diet, intralipid, change protocol or Tcm or even Massage. u just need time.

Same, pergovaris didn’t work for me.. it was my worst cycle

Indeed. Ivf is all abt trial and error. That's why it can be a long and arduous journey.

Indeed. Ivf is all abt trial and error. That's why it can be a long and arduous journey.

I did two stimms cycles at Alpha KL with the exact same med and dosage. While I had 4 blasts (1 pgs normal) in the first cycle, I only had 1 blast (pgs abnormal) in the second cycle. Perhaps the time period leading up to the stimms affected. I had 5 - 6 months of attempting to improve egg quality before first stimms whereas second stimms was about 2.5 months after first stimms. Also, work was less hectic and stressful during my first stimms as compared to second. Too many factors that could potentially affect I guess

Oh dear. No fate with him. How abt trying SF Loh?
I Personally do not really want to try Sf Loh, seems like he is on bad terms with dr Tan. When I go there and said that I am dr Tan and failed, he like not really very happy and told me just come for intralipid then continue to say that he heard that dr Tan did not say very good things about him and where got ppl said bad things about his own mentor.
Need to be very “careful” when talking to him.

I did two stimms cycles at Alpha KL with the exact same med and dosage. While I had 4 blasts (1 pgs normal) in the first cycle, I only had 1 blast (pgs abnormal) in the second cycle. Perhaps the time period leading up to the stimms affected. I had 5 - 6 months of attempting to improve egg quality before first stimms whereas second stimms was about 2.5 months after first stimms. Also, work was less hectic and stressful during my first stimms as compared to second. Too many factors that could potentially affect I guess
Hi, but you succeeded during the 1st cycle? 2nd stim for 2nd child?

Hi, but you succeeded during the 1st cycle? 2nd stim for 2nd child?

Nope, my second stimms in KL was just 2.5 months after my first stimms. Wanted to do another stimms to hopefully get one more normal embryo before FET but unfortunately I didn’t get any from my second stimms. Proceeded with FET thereafter.

I Personally do not really want to try Sf Loh, seems like he is on bad terms with dr Tan. When I go there and said that I am dr Tan and failed, he like not really very happy and told me just come for intralipid then continue to say that he heard that dr Tan did not say very good things about him and where got ppl said bad things about his own mentor.

I personally have no affinity with him as well.. have u thought of which doc for your next cycle?

I failed twice under him already.
i failed 3 under him. the forth wanting to cancel and give up.But he reassured me. proceeded and lo coming to 2 yrs. Now he is in private dont knw who is the dr will be covering my case if i decide for #2.Asherman syndrome with low amh here.Haish.

i failed 3 under him. the forth wanting to cancel and give up.But he reassured me. proceeded and lo coming to 2 yrs. Now he is in private dont knw who is the dr will be covering my case if i decide for #2.Asherman syndrome with low amh here.Haish.

Hi how old are u now? U going to try no.2 soon?

Same, pergovaris didn’t work for me.. it was my worst cycle

Bunny, dreamscometrue, u all were on pure pegoveris stims cycle which did not work out ? I tried to convince my dr to go on pure pego cycle cos my earlier pure gonalF cycle was a complete washed out cycle and i was left with a poor quality blastocyst but my dr refused and said the LH in pego may burnt out the follicles if used over prolong stims... so in the end i was on Saizen+ GonalF with progressive addition of Pegoveris throughout stims and that cycle got me 4 good grades blastos. So it maybe a blessing in disguise experience for me.

Thats typical of Dr Loh. I also consulted him for Intralipids.. and he kept probing which Dr I was with and also suggested I should send my blastos to overseas for screening (I do not have any histories of CPs/MCs le.. I knew my BFN FET cycle was due to embryos quality issues). In the end, I went to Dr Shiela Vasoo and her autoimmunity procotol on me worked miraculously and I got a BFP that cycle with a Single Blasto transfer . No need for lipids cos she felt its an overkill for my case and just steroids should work.

Bunny, dreamscometrue, u all were on pure pegoveris stims cycle which did not work out ? I tried to convince my dr to go on pure pego cycle cos my earlier pure gonalF cycle was a complete washed out cycle and i was left with a poor quality blastocyst but my dr refused and said the LH in pego may burnt out the follicles if used over prolong stims... so in the end i was on Saizen+ GonalF with progressive addition of Pegoveris throughout stims and that cycle got me 4 good grades blastos. So it maybe a blessing in disguise experience for me.

Nope it was gonal F + pergo for my case

I cannot remember the exact concoction but it was a mix with others.

I personally have no affinity with him as well.. have u thought of which doc for your next cycle?

I am thinking of dr suresh or going back to dr Roland or going with dr Tan then KL for screening.
I need to see how receptive my new boss is for me to taking hospitalisation leave. She actually send like a year leave plan to us and ask us to put our leave plan (such as block leave, hospitalisation leave, child care leave and etc). Seems like she wants us to be fully transparent to other colleagues. Really feel really tough to open up to her. But also not sure if I can go to HR straight instead of revealing it to her.
Most prob I will try dr Sheila and dr suresh for the next try. But the appt for dr suresh is already in feb and hear the waiting time is horrifying.

3 stims with 3 transfers? How many embryos do you have each time? U started at about about 30? How do doc diagnose that you have asherman syndrome? What is ur stim for the success cycle?

Nope, my second stimms in KL was just 2.5 months after my first stimms. Wanted to do another stimms to hopefully get one more normal embryo before FET but unfortunately I didn’t get any from my second stimms. Proceeded with FET thereafter.

hihi, can share how much is PGS for one embryo?

I see. Do you have Low amh?
I am thinking of dr suresh or going back to dr Roland or going with dr Tan then KL for screening.
I need to see how receptive my new boss is for me to taking hospitalisation leave. She actually send like a year leave plan to us and ask us to put our leave plan (such as block leave, hospitalisation leave, child care leave and etc). Seems like she wants us to be fully transparent to other colleagues. Really feel really tough to open up to her. But also not sure if I can go to HR straight instead of revealing it to her.
Most prob I will try dr Sheila and dr suresh for the next try. But the appt for dr suresh is already in feb and hear the waiting time is horrifying.
Hi hi, just wondering if Dr Roland managed to get you a blast, it may be worth giving him another shot.. sometimes it may take time for them to know the way your body responds to meds and tweak it to change the protocol.

Hi hi, just wondering if Dr Roland managed to get you a blast, it may be worth giving him another shot.. sometimes it may take time for them to know the way your body responds to meds and tweak it to change the protocol.

Hi, I think the main factor is that he only uses gonal f and pure LH (forget the name of it), which I think I don’t have good results.First round under KKH, i was under 450 gonal f, 6 eggs with only 1 d2 grade 3 embryo

Hi, anyone ever felt bloated day 2 jabs during start of IVF Cycle?
I am on 225 puregon and 225 menopur everday from day 2 to maybe day 10/11
But feeling bloated just after 2 days

Hi, I think the main factor is that he only uses gonal f and pure LH (forget the name of it), which I think I don’t have good results.First round under KKH, i was under 450 gonal f, 6 eggs with only 1 d2 grade 3 embryo

Did he say what’s the plan if u were to do another fresh with him?

It’s not worth to spend a huge sum of money if only have one or two embryos unless u have recurrent miscarriages. If u want to go kl for pgd might as well do the cycle in kl or jb. U definitely have to tell your boss because u will need to go for scan regularly. If u decide not to inform her n your af cycle is regular u can count n estimate the dates n block two weeks. That’s what I did. In btw I will take urgent leave n mc for scan. It can be stressful to do this because firstly the guilt secondly your colleague n boss may not be happy.

But I tot the one u went said that u will have 3 kids and indeed you had?
Ya, I have 3 boys now. Hoping to get a girl.
What I'm trying to say is, just take these fortune tellers at face value, they are afterall human beings. How in-depth his skills/talent are, who to verify?
He may be the real deal BUT it may also be a coincidence or it could be that he said 3, so my hubby and I subconsciously try very hard to self-fulfill the prophecy.

#NobodyKnows

I think he has to personally find out the truth than to be "not very happy" with the person who is suspected to spread rumours about him. For THH, I have been with him for a couple of years, never during my consultation did he speak ill of my previous docs though I did complain about them to him. He just smiled and moved on.

Back