IVF/ICSI Support Group

U don’t have to break up with him mah. Why don’t U consult him but still keep your file open at Kkh. I don’t think Kkh is cheap too. The consultation charges by senior dr is the same as pte dr n Kkh charge extra on sat. I remember paying much more for consultation fees at Kkh. If the delivery cost is only different by 3k or so n u can afford it why not. Close monitoring n can chit chat longer money worth maybe.
Exactly, this is something I would have done too, if I were to go back to THH. IVF through him, stable liao, then go through KKH.

Thanks for the support I just can't believe it was gone last two week when the embryos was inside me. Dr Jerry still comments nice embryos swee ah but now is gone.
It's inevitable - part of the IVF package. In the meantime, rest well and get ready to welcome the frozen embryo :)

Exactly, this is something I would have done too, if I were to go back to THH. IVF through him, stable liao, then go through KKH.

He’s like a benefactor man.... so quite sad that after finishing IVF can no longer follow him cuz of the uncertainty in delivery charges. KKH Private delivery is really quite a big difference compared to private Hospitals and that’s only looking at natural delivery... I think if Csec the cost will go up higher le so to prevent running into that sticky situation of facing much higher cost i decided to stay put at KKh.

But! If I have the means I’ll definitely go to THH anytime!!!!

Hi, I am 40 this year. So far have done 2 IVF, both BFN. I have one fibroid 4.35cm, doctor suggest to remove it as it seem pressing my cavity a little bit. Dr told me after removing it, I have to wait for 6 months for my next IVF. At the age of 40, should I remove my fibroid or just go straight to another IVF?
I have the same issue as u...am still considering if i should remove it? i tried TCM for almost 1 year after my last failed IVF. What's your plan?

Hi thanks for all the encourage and support. Ya today I went for blood test and was negative will see doctor jerry next year Jan and jia you!

Hugs, Christine.

Remember we, the ivf warriors, are with you. Just message us when you need more encouragement & positive reminders. :)

All the best of best to you. Eat well, take care of your body & see your embryo soon.

Yep yep! Scans and consultation fees at the moment for his clinic is so pocket friendly! But because of the uncertainty in the delivering charges I end up not following him... feels so heartbroken like we have broken up .. why he don’t leave like next year end *sobs*

if you choose Mt A, the cost should be manageable. He did mention to me the delivery charges will be discounted for his surgical and doctor fees.

I have the same issue as u...am still considering if i should remove it? i tried TCM for almost 1 year after my last failed IVF. What's your plan?
For me I removed before do ivf cos doctor said if don't remove the fibroids and it growing will may harmful when u pregnant by the time u think of remove will become complicated.

For me I removed before do ivf cos doctor said if don't remove the fibroids and it growing will may harmful when u pregnant by the time u think of remove will become complicated.
Where are u planning to remove? Am not sure if I should go private or public and not sure wic doctor to go to.

He’s like a benefactor man.... so quite sad that after finishing IVF can no longer follow him cuz of the uncertainty in delivery charges. KKH Private delivery is really quite a big difference compared to private Hospitals and that’s only looking at natural delivery... I think if Csec the cost will go up higher le so to prevent running into that sticky situation of facing much higher cost i decided to stay put at KKh.

But! If I have the means I’ll definitely go to THH anytime!!!!

Actually if I were you, I would go to THH for his IVF expertise, get the baby in the womb and head to KKH for delivery. To be honest, for my recent delivery a year back, I had to go for e-c-sec and it happened that it was so urgent that THH wouldn't be in time to rescue the baby. After signing all the indemnity forms, I felt like an F1 driver in the pit-stop, the nurses and docs were so professional that I was wheeled in the Ops theater where the doc on duty was already waiting for my grand entrance. I delivered my baby safely and I was stitched up nicely. To date, I am very impressed by their speed and professionalism.

Ladies who are facing dilemma to remove any growth, fibroid or any waterlogged tube, please do not hesitate to do it unless advised by the doc.

IVF is a tedious process, the least we can do it to ensure that our womb is a conducive environment for implantation. No point taking the risk of not removing any hindrance and end up in non-implantation or MC.

The heartbreak is far more real than the pain of removing your dear fibroid :p

In order to get that I need to go polyclinic and get a referral letter to see her right? Cos I was told her consultation fee is $150 above .

Don’t need to go polyclinic to see her or get the Govt funding.

If go polyclinic u will be under subsidised and yes the doctor consultation will cost lesser but u will see different doc each time and doctor on duty will do the retrieval and transfer for u.

If u go in as a pte patient ie not via polyclinic route, I think u will see her for the first visit and subsequent visits might be other Doctors (according to old posts by ladies under kkh) but she will do the retrieval and transfer for u if she’s around. But u can still get Govt co funding as a pte patient in kkh

Don’t need to go polyclinic to see her or get the Govt funding.

If go polyclinic u will be under subsidised and yes the doctor consultation will cost lesser but u will see different doc each time and doctor on duty will do the retrieval and transfer for u.

If u go in as a pte patient ie not via polyclinic route, I think u will see her for the first visit and subsequent visits might be other Doctors (according to old posts by ladies under kkh) but she will do the retrieval and transfer for u if she’s around. But u can still get Govt co funding as a pte patient in kkh
Ohh thank you so much for the details. I just convert to spore citizen. Am not sure if am entitled for the funding as I started my first ivf right after i turned 40. If I can’t get the funding am still considering if I should go to Dr Tan new clinic or see Dr Sadhana at KKH. Want to first clear my fibroids and proceed with IVF with the same doctor If possible.

Ohh thank you so much for the details. I just convert to spore citizen. Am not sure if am entitled for the funding as I started my first ivf right after i turned 40. If I can’t get the funding am still considering if I should go to Dr Tan new clinic or see Dr Sadhana at KKH. Want to first clear my fibroids and proceed with IVF with the same doctor If possible.

I see.. I think there’s some changes to the rules for co funding after 40 but I’m not too sure as I’ve used up the co funding anyways

Are u trying for your first baby?

The rule of thumb is go through the fastest route if cost is not too much of a concern

I see.. I think there’s some changes to the rules for co funding after 40 but I’m not too sure as I’ve used up the co funding anyways

Are u trying for your first baby?

The rule of thumb is go through the fastest route if cost is not too much of a concern
Yes am trying for my very first. My first attempt was with Dr Loh at TMC. But was not successful. Was sad to see my two grade A leave.

Ya totally understand. So now above 40 still have co funding?
There’s a fine print for this which am not sure who to check with.
EBE919B2-477F-4AC1-9D1A-F4034E5107A3.jpeg

It seems like as long as u did ART before 40, after 40 u can still qualify for the co fund. Ur first round was done before you turned 40? If yes I Guess u can qualify. Maybe check with the nurse?
Sadly, I did my first round just one month after I turned 40. Yeah i will check with the nurse. Thanks

Sadly, I did my first round just one month after I turned 40. Yeah i will check with the nurse. Thanks

How about Medisave? If both Medisave and co funding cannot be use then might as well go pte.

Roland - I succeeded under him!
SF Loh- I personally have no affinity with him.
And now there’s Tan HH- highly raved too!

There’s a few more out there whom I’m not familiar with.. you can find out more

All the best!

Hi,
I had a natural m/c at ard week 6. Got a dip in hcg, n told to stop my support. I have been having menses for more than 2 weeks (first few days r full flow, after that keep spotting, sometimes brownish, sometimes red). Gynae thinks is normal, n only did hcg tests to make sure there is further drop. Went to c my tcm as well, but she sounds it v serious, n do not expect the menses/spotting to continue for so long. She also think a follow up scan is required to make sure there is no clots inside. Prescribed me with shen hua tang, but I didn't c any improvements.
Any advice?
Thanks.

How about Medisave? If both Medisave and co funding cannot be use then might as well go pte.

Roland - I succeeded under him!
SF Loh- I personally have no affinity with him.
And now there’s Tan HH- highly raved too!

There’s a few more out there whom I’m not familiar with.. you can find out more

All the best!
I have made an appointment with Dr Tan next week ✌️

Hi,
I had a natural m/c at ard week 6. Got a dip in hcg, n told to stop my support. I have been having menses for more than 2 weeks (first few days r full flow, after that keep spotting, sometimes brownish, sometimes red). Gynae thinks is normal, n only did hcg tests to make sure there is further drop. Went to c my tcm as well, but she sounds it v serious, n do not expect the menses/spotting to continue for so long. She also think a follow up scan is required to make sure there is no clots inside. Prescribed me with shen hua tang, but I didn't c any improvements.
Any advice?
Thanks.
Hope you are doing fine. Usually 2 weeks and slightly longer is perfectly fine. Needs time to expel the tissue. Your TCM is too anxious.

Hi,
Any advice?
Thanks.

I think it’s normal and subsequent period may also be haywire. Do not be alarmed

Hi,
Any advice?
Thanks.

Hi! I bled for one month after a chemical pregnancy last year and my period took about 2 - 3 months to get back to the usual cycle. Dr HH Tan prepped me for the above scenario and thus I wasn’t too shocked or worried when it indeed happened. Hugs!

Thanks all for sharing your experience. Made me feel more relieved n "normal" now. I actually sign up for yoga classes, is it OK to go if there is still spotting? Felt quite easily tired during these period of time, not sure if is due to hormonal changes.

Thanks all for sharing your experience. Made me feel more relieved n "normal" now. I actually sign up for yoga classes, is it OK to go if there is still spotting? Felt quite easily tired during these period of time, not sure if is due to hormonal changes.

Ya no issues with going for yoga or exercise

I failed again. Today 7dp5dt, took hpt, negative. Bbt Low at 36.5. Did this round with dr Roland, thought with a change, I will be able to get pregnant. But....

I feel so stressed and depressed and really don’t know how to carry on. 3rd tries already and it seems like fate doesn’t allow me to have a children.

I failed again. Today 7dp5dt, took hpt, negative. Bbt Low at 36.5. Did this round with dr Roland, thought with a change, I will be able to get pregnant. But....

I feel so stressed and depressed and really don’t know how to carry on. 3rd tries already and it seems like fate doesn’t allow me to have a children.
I think is still early. U might want to try in a few days’ time. Be positive.

Did you transfer blast or day 2/3? don’t test anymore and just wait for the beta..

it's considered pregnant, just on the low side. Positive note: implantation happened and you managed to get pregnant. what you can do now is to pray hard that beta continues to rise as high as possible

it's considered pregnant, just on the low side. Positive note: implantation happened and you managed to get pregnant. what you can do now is to pray hard that beta continues to rise as high as possible

36.5 is bbt reading (basal temperature reading) not blood test reading

Maybe u test again in few days time

Mine was Day 5 blast.
I stopped on bbt when i started this ivf journey. Put everything aside and dont think about it. I poas at 8dp5dt, it was negative so i thought i failed too. I wasnt too depressed as i feel it was a good break for me from work for that 20days. I tested again on 12dp5dt just to double cfm and actually saw 2 lines!
Dont lose hope yet. Keep your mindset positive and relaxed. You never know =)

I stopped on bbt when i started this ivf journey. Put everything aside and dont think about it. I poas at 8dp5dt, it was negative so i thought i failed too. I wasnt too depressed as i feel it was a good break for me from work for that 20days. I tested again on 12dp5dt just to double cfm and actually saw 2 lines!

Which brand of hpt did you use? Your post gave me encouragement.

Hi, how many weeks r u now?

Sometimes can be too early. Try again in 2-3 more days

Did u do endo scratch and take the Lucien jab to stop menses?

Back