IVF/ICSI Support Group

Actually nothing much, just be on the support meds at the same time everyday, nothing too strenuous, nothing too cold. Oh ya, good to have the habit of wearing socks to bed and let the embryo (s) sort it out themselves.

Good luck!

Shld we start taking prenatals?

I will be on medicated FET. Would like to check normally we can proceed to frozen transfer on day 12? Anyone have can enlighten me their frozen transfer done on which day?

I will be on medicated FET. Would like to check normally we can proceed to frozen transfer on day 12? Anyone have can enlighten me their frozen transfer done on which day?
Nobody knows, depends on how fast your lining grows. Once it hits min 8mm, they will schedule an ET for you.

upload_2018-10-24_10-21-34.png

For those who may be keen, can try to attend. Much insights about IVF, the journey and the happy ending :)

Day 12 dr will scan and check on your lining. If it’s thin he may up the dosage n schedule another scan. If lining is optimal on day 12 and you have a day 3 embryo u add 3 more days n this will be your transfer date.

Last edited:
I’m going to start my first ivf cycle in Nov.. doc said due to my hubby case it is difficult to conceive naturally.. am waiting for the nurse in ivf side to call me to schedule our appt.. really feeling anxious to start this journey.. she mentioned have to jab 2 weeks.. will it be painful?

I’m going to start my first ivf cycle in Nov.. doc said due to my hubby case it is difficult to conceive naturally.. am waiting for the nurse in ivf side to call me to schedule our appt.. really feeling anxious to start this journey.. she mentioned have to jab 2 weeks.. will it be painful?

it helps if u r a bit chubby at the tummy.
i am chubby so my injections are mostly like pinching myself.

if u r worried rub ice before u jab. it will numb the area a while.

it helps if u r a bit chubby at the tummy.
i am chubby so my injections are mostly like pinching myself.

if u r worried rub ice before u jab. it will numb the area a while.
Ok then at least I’ll feel much better.. chubby after #1. Thank you for making me feel better.. hopefully it will go well!

Am asking hubby to eat things to improve his count!

hi hi
i have not been logged in for a long time.
for those mummies who succeeded with IVF and stored your embryos. How many years did your dr advise you to store it for and why? I don't plan to have any more children and still have 5 embryos.
Pls share.
@towkayneo know u long time member, any advise pls?

hi hi
i have not been logged in for a long time.
for those mummies who succeeded with IVF and stored your embryos. How many years did your dr advise you to store it for and why? I don't plan to have any more children and still have 5 embryos.
Pls share.
@towkayneo know u long time member, any advise pls?
Hello, currently I have 2 blastos in the freezer and basically, renewable charges go by 12 months. The doctor will not advise you you how many years to store. It's basically up to your own preference.
If you don't plan to have anymore kids, you can either 1. Donate the embryos 2. Discard them 3. Allow them for lab research purposes.

Hello

I read that you had failed cycles before and also ectopic right?

Did you rest for some time before embarking on the next cycle or?

I had ectopic in May so not too sure if body is ready. On the other hand, age is catching up...

Rachel
Hello, currently I have 2 blastos in the freezer and basically, renewable charges go by 12 months. The doctor will not advise you you how many years to store. It's basically up to your own preference.
If you don't plan to have anymore kids, you can either 1. Donate the embryos 2. Discard them 3. Allow them for lab research purposes.
Hey!

So r u keeping the two blast for another child or just playing safe?
How long do u intend to keep them for?
Till what age of your two kids, can u share?

My two kids are now 4 n 2, I just find it a difficult decision to do either of 3.

Hi for those who did Er and had to go for fet, do the embryologist Informed u the number of embryos that u had were under the observation category? Cos on day 2 I went to see the dr and he told me there are some that the embryologist had placed under observation n he asked if I was to allow it to observe till day 5. But so far no one had called me. Pls advise.

So r u keeping the two blast for another child or just playing safe?
How long do u intend to keep them for?
Till what age of your two kids, can u share?
I have 2 boys, 4 and 2 yo, and another is going to be due in Dec.
Yup, most likely I will be keeping the 2 blastos in the freezer for the time being. Storage fee is in hundreds, so still manageable.

My two kids are now 4 n 2, I just find it a difficult decision to do either of 3.
Hey! Same age!

Or......I have friends who couldn't bear to dump the embryos, so what they did was, they decided to go for the next kid. What they do is, they blast and see who is the survivor and do the transfer. If it's BFP, good for them. If they BFN, they have no regrets..

Hi for those who did Er and had to go for fet, do the embryologist Informed u the number of embryos that u had were under the observation category? Cos on day 2 I went to see the dr and he told me there are some that the embryologist had placed under observation n he asked if I was to allow it to observe till day 5. But so far no one had called me. Pls advise.
Which day is it today? If nobody call you, would you want to call them to check for updates instead? You can make informed decisions that way.

Which day is it today? If nobody call you, would you want to call them to check for updates instead? You can make informed decisions that way.
Hey towkayneo,

Not sure if you see my post yesterday. I wanted to ask if you took a break - months? and then embark after failed cycle?

For ectopic, do you also rest for 3 months first? Or?

I am deciding to try now or wait till body is ready. Yet age is catching up

I have 2 boys, 4 and 2 yo, and another is going to be due in Dec.
Yup, most likely I will be keeping the 2 blastos in the freezer for the time being. Storage fee is in hundreds, so still manageable.

Wow..your ivf seems very successful!
Actually, can know your age?
You still plan to have more after the third?

Hey towkayneo,

Not sure if you see my post yesterday. I wanted to ask if you took a break - months? and then embark after failed cycle?

For ectopic, do you also rest for 3 months first? Or?

I am deciding to try now or wait till body is ready. Yet age is catching up

Nope, I never take 3-6 month breaks after failed cycles cos I felt that it was unnecessary.
For ectopic, I had to rest for 3 months as I had MTX shots prior to removal.

How old are you currently? How do you determine the body is ready?

@towkayneo is this a girl this time??!!
You are three times lucky.
actually all my embryos are blast just different quality.
I cannot handle any more kids though I wish I can, my patience and tolerance is maxed out with the two monkeys and I'm 41 this year. My husband also throw in white flag.
It's about 500 per year and I'm not working so it's a strain ;(
Do you have helper? If not, how care for the two when you at work? Cook, chores, how you manage?

I am in the same situation as you and not working too. Eldest is 7 and No.2 is 10months.
Age is catching up too... I still cannot come to a final decision on what to do with my remaining blasts... I just find that disposing the embryos so sinful.

@towkayneo is this a girl this time??!!
You are three times lucky.
actually all my embryos are blast just different quality.
I cannot handle any more kids though I wish I can, my patience and tolerance is maxed out with the two monkeys and I'm 41 this year. My husband also throw in white flag.
It's about 500 per year and I'm not working so it's a strain ;(
Do you have helper? If not, how care for the two when you at work? Cook, chores, how you manage?
Nope, it's a boy :p
No I don't have a helper at home cos I dont like strangers in the house. I got my aunt to help out in the day.
If you cannot handle more kids, suggest you 1. Donate your embryos 2. Discard

I am in the same situation as you and not working too. Eldest is 7 and No.2 is 10months.
Age is catching up too... I still cannot come to a final decision on what to do with my remaining blasts... I just find that disposing the embryos so sinful.
Some of my friends suggest just store as long as you can cos you dunno when you ever need them....

Hi towkayneo,
Today it's day 7. I called up the centre the nurse told me the embryologist said it's still under observation. So I'm thinking if day 7 or day 8 already will they so a day 8 or whatever so transfer?

@daylesford How many blast do u hv?
How much for storage every year?
Since your second is only 10 months, should store a while more.

I have 4 more to go but one of them is of poor quality. My center charges $300+/yr and for 2yrs its $500+.
Age is catching up so i m undecided to go ahead and try again ..

I have 4 more to go but one of them is of poor quality. My center charges $300+/yr and for 2yrs its $500+.
Age is catching up so i m undecided to go ahead and try again ..
if you decided to give it a shot, why not you thaw all 4 and transfer whichever survives the thaw..?

Hi All, Im new one in this group. May I know have anyone have diarrhea in tww and get final get bfp? Because few days diarrhea already and make me feel a little bit worry.

Back