IVF/ICSI Support Group

What supplements did you take? When did you start spotting? Actually, i noticed that when I used the crinone gel inserts..i saw some pinkish or brownish clumps..is that spotting? Or is it just cervix irritation? I thought it was cervix irritation, so I didn't get too concerned about it.
These are not prescribed. I took dhea 75mg, ubiquinol 300mg (or coQ 600mg), folic acid 5mg, regular multivitamins, vit c 1000mg, vit e 200mg, omega 1000mg.. I think that’s about all. I took the maximum cos of my past Ivf history and current age. I added melatonin 2mg too but much later than what was “ideal” (1mth before jab starts) cos I was still hoping to try naturally.

I started having some red 8days after trsf and it came on and off, Brown and red .. 3 to 4days ago, the tip of the crinone stick was still having red spots, not just mere streaks. But I already know I am pregnant so I just total bed rest. In the initial days of spot and red, it was very hard for me as I could feel very stressed as I can’t stop the womb from some sort of cramp. Someone recommended me to take magnesium which is easily absorbed in the body and it was so amazing as it totally stopped and I felt a sense of calm within an hour .. I am very grateful to God and my friend! Thereafter when there is still red, I just total bed rest.. it has been 3days of no more red and blood work is good so all is good!

Brownish is just dry blood so don’t worry.

Hi, you know my hb did a funny search today cos my blood hcg is really Low compared to my first child’s time (it’s doubling/tripling) and surprise, it says that this might be a boy.. so if you are hoping for a boy.. this might make you happier
Not true laa! even the heartbeat rate that predicts gender is not true too.

i had both boys.. my No1 my hcg was only 180+ on 15dptd3 while my no2 hcg was 2000+ on 12dptd5.
Their hcg were poles apart. So best to wait for paranoma or harmony results to know the gender.
My first boy was 1550 (Day 4 embryo), followed by 800+ (Day 4 embryo) for the 2nd boy...this one is 3000+. Differs quite a bit.
I thought different HcG levels would give me some hope of a girl :p :p :p

Hi all,

I am going for my counselling at KKH in Jan 19, can someone please PM with me what to expect as i have so many question and concern if i should proceed due to financial issue.

thanks.

Hi, you know my hb did a funny search today cos my blood hcg is really Low compared to my first child’s time (it’s doubling/tripling) and surprise, it says that this might be a boy.. so if you are hoping for a boy.. this might make you happier
Hi sis, thank u for telling the search. Of course I know the search cannot believe too much la..the search no indicate there is might be true or not true....but anyway I want to thank you to you for your encouraging & make me more easier way to go for this tww...thank u.

My first boy was 1550 (Day 4 embryo), followed by 800+ (Day 4 embryo) for the 2nd boy...this one is 3000+. Differs quite a bit.
I thought different HcG levels would give me some hope of a girl :p :p :p
Ya.. we can’t be more happy to have another child so it’s not important .. just the vast difference in hcg makes us wonder .. :)

I have about 40tabs of micronised DHEA to give away free. I used that for about 3months in preparation for this Ivf along with some other supplements. It has helped me improve the quality of my eggs. I am now pregnant.

I also have about 3 boxes of unopened Progynova 2mg, please pm me for more details.

Progynova are reserved. Dhea still available 12/2020. It’s helpful for those who wants to use this and start soon but ordering this takes time to come. Its helpful for improving egg quality. It did for me.

Hi sis, thank u for telling the search. Of course I know the search cannot believe too much la..the search no indicate there is might be true or not true....but anyway I want to thank you to you for your encouraging & make me more easier way to go for this tww...thank u.

How did the blood test go? I also had episodes of diarrhea in the very early weeks, once during the 2ww and for the next 2-3 weeks after I got BFP on the beta test. 9 weeks now following successful FET.

Baby dust to everyone

Hi,

Is it common that you only go kkh like day 2 of your period and the next time that was scheduled for you is in day 12?

I have very low amh. Very afraid that there are follicles but no egg :(

Thanks!

How did the blood test go? I also had episodes of diarrhea in the very early weeks, once during the 2ww and for the next 2-3 weeks after I got BFP on the beta test. 9 weeks now following successful FET.

Baby dust to everyone
Hi Salami, Thank you. me sometimes diarrhea, sometimes constipation, .very difficult to control..jialak.:(..My blood test is tomorrow..Keep my fingers crossed...

Baby dust to everyone
Congrats! Can I know what is your beta level?

Cos I read online that anting below 5 is not going to have any chance. I had some bleeding at 5dp5dt and went to see Dr Tan. Then he say I got mild ohss and was admitted last sat. Dr Tan say it's late onset and have chance that I am pregnant. But yesterday blood test was disappointing though... He say still continue with 3x dyrogesterone and crinone gel

If you are NOT in 2WW, I would suggest prune juice for constipation, charcoal pills for diarrhea.

If you are in 2WW, you better check with the doc.

It’s quite normal as your body is adjusting to the hormones. Also we tend to eat slightly differently when we’re pregnant so digestive system will take a toll. Just continue to eat healthily, avoid raw food (incl salads for now) and keep yourself hydrated. As long as you’re not going more than 5-6 times a day still ok.

Constipation... get used to it and I agree prime juice is very helpful. But as you’re swinging from constipation to diarrhea, best to not treat the constipation too much cos then it’ll overcompensate and you end up with diarrhea!

Baby dust to everyone
Hi Salami, just now nurse called me & my hcg 883....I want to cry liao .. Baby dust to all

It’s quite normal as your body is adjusting to the hormones. Also we tend to eat slightly differently when we’re pregnant so digestive system will take a toll. Just continue to eat healthily, avoid raw food (incl salads for now) and keep yourself hydrated. As long as you’re not going more than 5-6 times a day still ok.

Constipation... get used to it and I agree prime juice is very helpful. But as you’re swinging from constipation to diarrhea, best to not treat the constipation too much cos then it’ll overcompensate and you end up with diarrhea!
Hi Salami, thank you :)

ll continue?continue until
Ha? Bad bowels will continue?continue until when? Make me worry:(

Ada SL, congrats to you.
With regards to your bowels issue, if Diarrhea that persists for more than a few days no matter how mild it is,
and if you never treat it, it lead to dehydration. For this reason alone, you should check with your IVF dr and don't self-medicate. Have a smooth pregnancy ahead.

Ada SL, congrats to you.
With regards to your bowels issue, if Diarrhea that persists for more than a few days no matter how mild it is,
and if you never treat it, it lead to dehydration. For this reason alone, you should check with your IVF dr and don't self-medicate. Have a smooth pregnancy ahead.
Hi daylesford, noted with thanks. :)

Cos I read online that anting below 5 is not going to have any chance. I had some bleeding at 5dp5dt and went to see Dr Tan. Then he say I got mild ohss and was admitted last sat. Dr Tan say it's late onset and have chance that I am pregnant. But yesterday blood test was disappointing though... He say still continue with 3x dyrogesterone and crinone gel
I think if he says continue means that there is a chance, so maybe we should give the embryo a chance too. Could be late implantation.

Hi,

Can i check usually the scan before ER, will they tell you how many follicles you have and what is their measurement?

How long about ER will they inform you how many egg is retrieved and thereafter when will they tell you how many is fertilised and whether to do day 3 or 5 transfer?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Can i check usually the scan before ER, will they tell you how many follicles you have and what is their measurement?

How long about ER will they inform you how many egg is retrieved and thereafter when will they tell you how many is fertilised and whether to do day 3 or 5 transfer?

Thanks in advance!
When you go back for scans during simulation phase, the sonographer will do a rough estimate of the size of the eggs. She will read out the measurement of follicles that have grown individually while another nurse will take down the readings as well as thickness of your lining. After the scan, you will join the queue to see the reviewing doctor who will update you on the progress of the follicles. You can bring along paper/pen and request to take down the measurements.

On day of ER, the nurse will update you on the number of eggs retrieved by the doctor before you discharge. You (and your spouse encouraged to join you especially if it is your first time) will be required to go back the day after for ET i.e 2 days later. On that day, you will prepare as though you are going for ET. Doc will update you on number fertilised, number that has developed well till Day 2 and if you have a good number of D2 embryos, he/she will discuss with you/spouse on whether to cultivate them to D5 blastocysts. If so, you will need to go back later for ET on D5.

P/s: The above is based on procedure with KKH.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information! Yup, i am doing at kkh. You mean go back 2 days after ER to know how many have fertilised?
Yes, the embrologist will use the specimen provided by your spouse to fertilise the eggs and monitor the embryos for at least 2 days before any transfer.

Yes, the embrologist will use the specimen provided by your spouse to fertilise the eggs and monitor the embryos for at least 2 days before any transfer.

Thanks. After ER, do we need to rest? Or actually after ET we will need to rest more?

Cause i need to plan for leave and will not be using hospitalisation leave.

Thanks. After ER, do we need to rest? Or actually after ET we will need to rest more?

Cause i need to plan for leave and will not be using hospitalisation leave.
After ET needs to rest more cos the embryo will be in your womb for 2 weeks. As for Er, it really depends, you will be given hospitalisation leave, but it's up to you to utilise it. Some ladies need it as they have severe OHSS.

After ET needs to rest more cos the embryo will be in your womb for 2 weeks. As for Er, it really depends, you will be given hospitalisation leave, but it's up to you to utilise it. Some ladies need it as they have severe OHSS.

Thanks! But lets say if you are scheduled for ER on monday, the doc will ask you to come down to kkh on wednesday to update you on the fertilisation and whether to do transfer when? Is it usually the day itself on wed or like d5 which is on saturday?

What is Er is on tues and d5 falls on sunday?

Thanks! But lets say if you are scheduled for ER on monday, the doc will ask you to come down to kkh on wednesday to update you on the fertilisation and whether to do transfer when? Is it usually the day itself on wed or like d5 which is on saturday?

What is Er is on tues and d5 falls on sunday?
Hello, for example, ER on Monday, then you will know how many eggs have been extracted. Doc will ask you to go to KKH on Wednesday to update on fertilization AND decide whether you want to do the D2 transfer (Usually if the fertilized embryos are few, doc will recommend you to do the transfer on that day. Otherwise, he or she may recommend D5). IF you have many fertilized embryos and decided to go for D5, then it would be on a Sun (But I am not sure if they do ET on Sun, doubt so). IF the embryos cannot seem to survive till Day 5, they will call you on Day 4 (Sat) to do the transfer asap.

Hope it clarifies.

Back