1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

IVF/ICSI Support Group

Discussion in 'Matters Of The Heart' started by tomatoes, Aug 26, 2004.

1. -FunShine-

-FunShine- New Member

Sorry to be so ignorant. How does high protein help? Cos my doc only told me to eat coq10 and folic acid. On my own I’m taking women multivit, EPO and omega. She also told me to stop all tcm so I haven’t been taking tcm Med since I started coq10.

2. niece

niece Active Member

Hi towkayneo,
    Abt many eggs a day?
    Thanks

3. summer_kids

summer_kids New Member

Hi ladies, I would like to know after doing endoscratch, when can we start taking pills to induce my menses? I plan to do my FET next month. Isn’t doing endoscratch will have higher chance in implantation?

hajar likes this.
  4. towkayneo

towkayneo Well-Known Member

Your own eggs feed on protein for growth. KKH always tell us to eat eggs for protein.
    Folic acid is to prevent spina bifida in babies if you BFP. Coq10 is an antioxidant to prevent damage to cells.
    https://babybloomers.co/foods-enhance-ivf-success/

hajar likes this.
  5. towkayneo

You can go 2 eggs* per day now, kiasu, a week before embryo retrieval, 3-4 eggs per day. After embryo retrieval can slow down liao or stop. That's what I do. But after embryo retrieval has to drink lotsa of water to prevent OHSS, depending on how many eggs are retrieved. The higher the number of eggs retrieved, the higher the chances of OHSS.

*can omit the yolks if you are afraid of cholesterol.

hajar and wish88 like this.
  6. towkayneo

Who say? In fact, fully cooked eggs give the highest amount of protein as compared to soft eggs, scrambled eggs etc cos your body cannot digest non-cooked eggs. Must tell that "some say" hard facts.

Quote: In fact, one study found that the human body could use 91% of the protein in cooked eggs, compared to only 51% in raw eggs (4).

This change in digestibility is thought to occur because heat causes structural changes in the egg proteins.

Source: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/eating-healthy-eggs#section2

hajar likes this.
  7. -FunShine-

-FunShine- New Member

Ökîė thanks! This is really helpful!

8. numbbb

numbbb New Member

Ha thanks for clarifying! Appreciate that! Luckily I only like hard boiled egg whites!

Any idea on which bottles chicken essence is best for results pls?

9. towkayneo

I know of some sisters who made their own chicken essence and they swore by it. Other than that, it would be the usual Eu Yan Sang and Brands? If you have to drink it during 2WW, please make sure there is no American Ginseng or Cordyceps, cos they may interfere with implantation.

10. numbbb

numbbb New Member

11. summer_kids

summer_kids New Member

Hi Salami, did u do endoscratch b4 your FET?

12. niece

niece Active Member

Thanks towkayneo.
    I will follow as what u mention. I'm so scare of ohss.. It's a nightmare.. I saw some are asking abt ckn essence. Can drink too? Is it necessary to get the than Xiang yuan?

13. niece

niece Active Member

Just being curious. Anyone took protein powder to increase the protein intake?

14. Salami

Salami Member

Nope. Waiting from Friday blood test :)

15. hearties`

hearties` New Member

I have unopened IVF medicines to resell at discounted prices. As Dr reduced my meds, so not needed anymore. Pm me if you need Progynova, Estofem or Proluton (injection). Thanks.

16. Jo777

Jo777 Member

Yes Ohss is a nightmare. For those who are prone to ohss, other than drinking isotonic drinks, pls also take lotsa of proteins. Protein absorbs water so u will experience less bloating. I was taking 4-6 egg whites and protein shakes during the ER period.

17. Jo777

Jo777 Member

Maybe better preparations this time round? I hope lots of baby dust go your way! When is ur BT?

18. niece

niece Active Member

Hi jo777,
    Wat kind of protein shake u took? Sorry for asking so much as I had ohss before. I was warded for a Mth for it. So I'm trying to eat more protein this rd.

19. towkayneo

you can drink, but for myself, I didn't drink it. Believer of balanced diet.

Why do you think it's necessary to get that particular brand? Just curious.

20. towkayneo

I know of people who took, then again, it's full of chemicals. No?

21. hopehope

hopehope Member

I just checked with kkh ivf, for december the block out period is 1st to 24th december. But holiday one, it seems that they never state. Does they work on holiday?
    Jan block out they say that management say therr might be changes.

I think it is really quite hard, cause my day one will be 2/12, 30/12 and 27/1.

30/12 is so close to PH and 27/1 is so close to cny. Usually my period is quite accurate.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  22. niece

niece Active Member

I'm not sure to buy those gnc or those protein powder that hospital use. Anyway I went n buy a tin of protein powder which the hospital use. Shd be safer ba.

23. Jo777

Jo777 Member

Not too sure but i was told by my gynae to take protein shakes too. Guess ohss risk overrides any potential chemical risks

24. Jo777

Jo777 Member

I went gnc to purchase their bottled choco n strawberry shakes. And i drinked them chilled. I alrdy felt so terrible when i wasnt even warded. To be warded for a mth must hv been so tough. How many follicles did u extract when u were warded?

25. niece

niece Active Member

I can't remembered how many. Only remembered I had only 4 that could make it. N that dr transferred 2. I guess it was twins as well therefore it worsen the ohss. I was very bloated like a 3 Mths pregnant before the transfer. I told the dr.. N he said it's OK. My original dr was on leave when i did Er n ET. So this rd I make sure my dr is ard to so my Er as well as ET.

26. daylesford

daylesford Well-Known Member

On Proteins intake, 2 eggs / day will be good during the first stage of Stimulation.
    However once there are more follicles (20 or more), we will need to progressively ramp up our proteins based on the no. of follicles.

For fresh transfer, the Overidrel jab (synthetic hcg) will further result in the possibility of developing OHSS.
    This is the key reason why some doctors will recommend ladies who potentially have chances of developing OHSS
    to opt for FET instead of fresh cycle transfer.

I was over stimulated with more than 60 follicles for 2 of my stims cycle.
    During the peak, I was taking about 10-12 egg whites daily. Also took Immunocal proteins shake to help boost the proteins intake as its not easy to consume so many egg whites. Ensure Milk is another good option. Its loaded with Proteins but it's fatty too.

http://funggohpharma.com.sg/immunocal.php

27. towkayneo

Yup, to your preference, then again, natural protein like eggs and drinking litres of water and isotonic drinks have the same effect, sans chemicals.

Good luck!

28. CatsInTheClouds

CatsInTheClouds New Member

Hi summer_kids, I did an endoscratch in September, currently waiting for FET.

For endoscratch for FET, it's done in the month preceding the ET. So in my case, when my September menses came, I started taking Mercilon, and then about 3/4 way of the Sept cycle, I did the endoscratch. When you stop Mercilon after taking it for 21 days, your menses will come on its own. So for me, when my Oct menses came, I called CHR and the nurses told me to start taking Progynova (to build up the lining of the uterus) on around the 5th/6th day of my Oct cycle.

Hope it helps with giving you an idea of what the timeline looks like :)

According to my doctor, endoscratches have been somewhat shown to improve fresh transfers. She said in my case for FET, it's not really proven, but no harm to give it a shot. The endoscratch is supposed to trigger a healing response in the uterus areas that were scratched, encouraging it to accept the embryo more readily. So that's what my doctor said. But when I read online, there are some studies/websites that say that endoscratches also encourage implantation rates in FET, and not just for fresh transfers.

hajar and reddesk like this.
  29. towkayneo

Any significant weight gain after drinking Ensure? :p

30. daylesford

Yes! Fat Die me ... i piled on 3kg from all the proteins intake during stims. But these helped loads to curb the effects of overstimulation.

31. Salami

Salami Member

Ladies... Sharing some hope!
    Our FET for a single blastocyst worked. Completed the blood work today. First tested positive at home last Sunday. :) please pray for a smooth pregnancy!

Baby dust to all!

32. reddesk

reddesk Active Member

It depends on why you need to do Ivf but supplementing is common. For what to supplement, you could read the book, “it starts with an egg”

33. reddesk

reddesk Active Member

There isn’t much difference .. depending on the doctor which will advise accordingly based on their preference. There is D2/3 that will be successful and there is blastocysts that won’t.

Eustoma likes this.
  34. Eustoma

Eustoma Member

Hello,
    How come OHSS can occur after ER? I tot no more stims after ER?

Btw, so increase protein intake is not really for the quality of eggs but more for the growth right?

Thank u.

35. Jo777

Jo777 Member

Every follicle that is extracted leaves behind a vaccum which will be filled by fluid and blood. So the more follicles u extract, the more fluid and blood. Its like when u hv a surgery to remove something, that area is usually swollen and bruised. Same theory i think. I extracted more than 40 follicles and i felt the worst the day after ER.

Salami and Eustoma like this.
  36. hopehope

hopehope Member

Hi,

May i know if anyone bfp with immunocal?

Where did you all get immunocal?

37. daylesford

Yes !
    You can get them from OG...

38. Eustoma

Eustoma Member

Does the hub need to do anything during this ivf period?

39. Yummy858

Yummy858 Member

I had my bloodtest done yest. Only 73.5. Asked me to carry on with duphagestrone n crinone and go back for another bloodtest on mon.

But i having spotting today, do i continue with the med?

Salami and hajar like this.
  40. jayjayqueenie

jayjayqueenie Active Member

dont give up until doctor says so.

and call clinic to say u r spotting.

hajar likes this.
  41. Yummy858

Yummy858 Member

But KKIVF Centre is closed now and tomorrow they are not open. Haiz....

42. Ann1402

Ann1402 Member

How does this help?

43. Jo777

Jo777 Member

Dun give up. Every individual's hcg level is different. As long as u more than double on mon, you are on track. Is your spotting alot? And its brown? I have been spotting randomly accompanied by cramps since week 4 and have survived till now week 7.

Definitely continue with the meds for now. Lots of baby dust to u!

hajar likes this.
  44. Salami

Salami Member

Stay optimistic! Continue to eat healthily and get plenty of rest. Very common that IVF preganancies experience spotting. Be timely administering the progesterone supplements. Our body is not producing any in a medicated cycle or fresh transfer cycle, so you need to give it lots of progesterone ok?

Baby dust to you.

hajar likes this.
  45. hopehope

hopehope Member

Hi,

This is the one right?

Attached Files:

hajar likes this.
  46. niece

niece Active Member

Anyone on orgalutran and gonal - f? After my 3rd day of orgalutran been having headache daily. Unsure if that's 1 of the side effects and anyone experiencing that as well. Started gonal-f today. And it's the same.. Headache.

47. Yummy858

Yummy858 Member

Thks Jo777.
    The spotting not much and its dark brown in colour.
    Tested on pregnancy test kit, the 2nd line is super faint. so i guess my hcg may be dropping instead of doubling.

48. Yummy858

Yummy858 Member

Thanks Salami.

49. Ann1402

Ann1402 Member

Hello! I am starting my 2nd cycle this week. Going to call KKIVF later that my menses is here. Anyone here will be on same cycle as me? :)

50. connie_hopeful

connie_hopeful Well-Known Member

Congrats and hope it sticks to you n succeed. Jia you!