IVF/ICSI Support Group

i am thinking what clothes to shop for because i have definitely increased in size from all these medications and eating eggs.

but i gave myself shopping therapy in case my mood goes haywire.

anyone the same ? lol

I went to NUH and did IVF straight. Not sure if it was because I did IVF before under RH. So perhaps, they don't really need you to do 3 IUIs first.
Ohh... I really dont know that we could go straight to IVF, my RE told me since my age is below 30 it is their protocol to do at least 3 IUIs first. my RE is Dr Shakina. Was your RE Prof Wong?

I see.. How was it? Did you get any BFP? how many times of IVF did you try? can get more information from you cause we are consulting the same doctor hehe

I'm doing my third IVF.
My first IVF was with RH where I BFP and my son is now 2+yrs old.
Did a second IVF with NUH last year with no transfer and a FET in Jan this year but failed.
I have one more embryo frozen but am currently doing a fresh cycle cos I wanted to do embryo-pooling.
I always have low fertilization rate and cos I'm old, I wanted to harvest the eggs first. :)

Is this your first IVF?

We did went for acupuncture last yr..n the TCM did advise on wat food to avoid n such..shud avoid cold drink cold food. loose pants underwear n such.. stil trying to improve the quality/quantity for betta chance.. since we already did 2 ivfs. n failed.
@afyn, Whats the % for quality (i.e., morphology) for your side?

ladies..just wondering anyone taking COQ10 Supplement here?
My hubby has been taking COQ10 for a year. Motility improved 3%, count also improved, morphology from 1% to 2%.
Before that he even went for varicocelectomy procedure in 2017 (he has severe varicoceles). Made no difference.

Ohh Mine is 1 suspected block tube (no hydrosalpinx) and low morphology -- 2% (Motility and count in the normal range).
hmmm...hydrosalphinx is always an hindrance to implantation. even if the embryo manages to implant, it won't be for so long, as the toxic fluid from the blocked tube will kill the embryo. you may consider unblocking or removing it.

I wish i could jump right into IVF, but was advised to go through at least 3 IUIs before proceeding with IVF :( (NUH's protocol)
gee, that's kinda waste of time :/ BUT on a positive note, i know of a friend whose wife succeeded on her IUI with SF Loh and the kid is coming to 2 years old.

hmmm...hydrosalphinx is always an hindrance to implantation. even if the embryo manages to implant, it won't be for so long, as the toxic fluid from the blocked tube will kill the embryo. you may consider unblocking or removing it.
Thanks @towkayneo, but I do not have any hydrosalpinx in my tubes, there was no hydrosalpinx or any form of water fluid along the tubes. The HSG dye was not able to flow out at the distal end of the tube. Although radiographer doctor and gynae suspect it might be normal muscle spasm, but she rather not take the risk and classify as blocked.

Edit// I also did ask if there is any surgery i'd need to have to open up the tubes she said it is unnecessary because the tubes are clean, just that the HSG dye did not flow out at the distal end.

Last edited:
Ohh... I really dont know that we could go straight to IVF, my RE told me since my age is below 30 it is their protocol to do at least 3 IUIs first. my RE is Dr Shakina. Was your RE Prof Wong?
i was 26 wen i did my 1st ivf in kkh. probably after all the tests done for both me n DH, they think its best for ivf straight..

oh i didnt know clomid are for guys too
yup..only learn this in some fertility groups in FB. i just don get it WHYYYYY our clinics here wudnt mention it AT ALL!! if theres a chance of it helping why not suggest to us rite? Its like they purposely keeping us in the dark.. Quite frustrating actually..After learning it online i requested the doc to prescribe some for my DH..after my DH went to see the urologist did some test then he started clomid.

i would like to share my experience between nuh and thomson.

i had my surgeries at thomson and nuh. i must say people at thomson are really experienced. when they insert the iv drop and everything, it’s almost painless.

over at nuh, they poke here poke there cannot find my vein. ultimately when the iv plug finally in, it still hurts.

so if u guys dont mind, can consider
thomson. but myself i am out of funds so here i am at nuh. >.<

i would like to share my experience between nuh and thomson.

i had my surgeries at thomson and nuh. i must say people at thomson are really experienced. when they insert the iv drop and everything, it’s almost painless.

over at nuh, they poke here poke there cannot find my vein. ultimately when the iv plug finally in, it still hurts.

so if u guys dont mind, can consider
thomson. but myself i am out of funds so here i am at nuh. >.<
Did you do your IVF there (@ thomson)? how much was it?

there is no grading for day 2 day 3 embryos right ? lol

it’s depressing to hear the numbers dwindling. sorry, it’s my first time. bear with me.

the embryologist said poor graded embryos they do not transfer but i have heard stories that people transferred poor embryos and they stuck.

so i am curious why she is telling me like a definite no. or do they use like the poor embryos that manage to survive till day 5? hmmm...

it’s depressing to hear the numbers dwindling. sorry, it’s my first time. bear with me.

the embryologist said poor graded embryos they do not transfer but i have heard stories that people transferred poor embryos and they stuck.

so i am curious why she is telling me like a definite no. or do they use like the poor embryos that manage to survive till day 5? hmmm...

Hey dear, cheer up! Remember, it only takes one to stick!

Yup the embryologist calling to update is one of the most nerve wrecking experiences in the whole ivf process actually.

They should be able to tell you the grade and the number of cells each embryos have from day 2 onwards. U can ask them specifically over the phone.

They will pick the morphologically best looking ones for the transfer, and for the surplus suitable ones they will freeze them for future FETs.

In cases where there are deemed no good grade embryos, a decision can still be made by the doctor/embryologist and patient to still go ahead with the transfer and give it a chance.

Last edited:

Hihi, how was your ER? How long did you stayed in the hospital post ER? How many eggs retrieved and how many were matured? Did you do ICSI? :)

All the best ya!! Jiayou!! Is this your last attempt for the govt co-funding??
well for ivf under gov fund yes.. but if my DH profile improves we tot of trying iui n hope for miracle b4 our last ivf.
if both still fail we might go fo another ivf round under private.. alot of financial to think abt.. :(

well for ivf under gov fund yes.. but if my DH profile improves we tot of trying iui n hope for miracle b4 our last ivf.
if both still fail we might go fo another ivf round under private.. alot of financial to think abt.. :(
Ya the financial strain is huge, I am afraid of the success rate if i were to do IVF too...

Thanks @towkayneo, but I do not have any hydrosalpinx in my tubes, there was no hydrosalpinx or any form of water fluid along the tubes. The HSG dye was not able to flow out at the distal end of the tube. Although radiographer doctor and gynae suspect it might be normal muscle spasm, but she rather not take the risk and classify as blocked.

Edit// I also did ask if there is any surgery i'd need to have to open up the tubes she said it is unnecessary because the tubes are clean, just that the HSG dye did not flow out at the distal end.
That's great!

Ohh, dont give up!! at least there are 3 good ones :)
Are you culturing your embryos to day 5 (blastocyst stage)?
Will you be doing PGS for the 3 good ones?

nuh say they will culture
till day 5. i dont get to decide.

i am not applicable for pgs by singapore law i think.

Ya the financial strain is huge, I am afraid of the success rate if i were to do IVF too...
yup... even more so with ivf the success rate is not 100%..forget that its not even close to 50%. i was told in KKH the success rate was abt 30% only ,with 10% high risk of miscarriage.:( tiring man!

speaking of pgs.. i've been wondering.. during transfer the Dr probably know if we'r getting a Girl or Boy rite? :confused: i mean if its a BFP

Pgs cannot tell cos is just screening only. Pgd can tell but in sg is not allowed to reveal the gender.

speaking of pgs.. i've been wondering.. during transfer the Dr probably know if we'r getting a Girl or Boy rite? :confused: i mean if its a BFP

i also think the dr can see on the ultrasound whether it will implant or not. there was a youtube video that claim that the uterus actually moves towards the embryo. it claims that it is a natural reaction to facilitate implantation.

Back