IVF/ICSI Support Group

Is the cost of the procedures comparable to singapore Private hospital? Just failed another FET, so trying to figure out what my options are... seems like no luck with NUH

Hi there..like you, I have difficulty conceiving and went through 2 years of ivf trials and errors. My first 2 retrievals were done at Mount E. Each time 14 eggs retrieved yet I’ll only get 2-3 blastocysts. Unfortunately I didnt manage to get a take home baby from 5 blasts with 1 miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, and 2 failed implantation. Subsequently I found out about Virtus, and decide to do a retrieval there using my current doctor because he does retrievals there too. Similarly, 13 eggs retrieved, but now I have 5 good grade blastocysts. Im currently 8 weeks from FET. The centres do make alot of difference, because virtus uses other equipments I believe. Do I regret gg mount E? Yes. Because of all the failures, it all eats into u. If someone wld have told me abt virtus in the first place, I wouldnt have wasted 2 whole years, lots of tears, going into depression etc. Probably give Virtus another chance but another doc? Baby dust to you!

Hi Ladies,

I was under PC Wong and managed to conceive last june/July for my 1st frozen cycle.
I'm 39 so don't give up trying.

Im returned 100 red eggs to Shuang Lin temple at Toa payoh this afternoon . So anyone who eants extra BB dust. Feel free to grab the eggs

Would like to thank the generosity of all the nice ladies who contributed on the things to do n not do during an ivf cycle.

Last edited:
Is the cost of the procedures comparable to singapore Private hospital? Just failed another FET, so trying to figure out what my options are... seems like no luck with NUH
Heard that the technology is more advanced in SG. My friend one shot one kill over at BKK. She's pregnant with her #2 now. 1st kid also from BKK.

Hello ladies,

Anyone here did hysteroscopy before cycling? Can share your experience and how long you rest before TTC again?

I’m planning for a fresh cycle. Doc suggested to do this first to ensure the coast is clear before trying again.

Hello ladies,

Anyone here did hysteroscopy before cycling? Can share your experience and how long you rest before TTC again?

I’m planning for a fresh cycle. Doc suggested to do this first to ensure the coast is clear before trying again.

If it’s just a scope and nothing removed, then can go ahead and cycle or do FET. If there’s removal of polyps, then I’m not sure.

If it’s just a scope and nothing removed, then can go ahead and cycle or do FET. If there’s removal of polyps, then I’m not sure.
At kkh:
Hysteroscopy diagnostic-means use camera put in and see only
Hysteroscopy therapeutic -means use cmaera to see and remove polyp if see any. Normally on kkh paper it will state hysteroscppy theraputic + dnc or polymetomy.

Fasting required before procedure. For kkh you will not be awake when they do it. A few hrs before procedure nurse will insert a pill called cevagam or somethg spelling like this. Gradually after insert-you will feel very cramp like feeling, then wait for your procedure time to be wheeled in.

That time i do e procedure itself is ard 20mins then come out liao

As you are sleeping- during the procedure you will not feel a thg. After procedure given pain killer n rest in hospital for a few hrs. Then that same day can go home, with 1 person accompany you home.

After that doc will give progynova tablet to build the lining. See doctor a few weeks after procedure. Cycle i think can be next cycle when your menses come. Best to check with doc on this

Not so long. About 3 years I think.

If u adopt overseas baby and through agency process is less than a year. Spore babies are on Long waitlist. The cost for adopting overseas baby is around 40k. U need to attend the compulsory adoption talk and also go through interview n home visit before adoption is approved. Not an easy procedure but this is to Ensure the couple is really sincere in adopting.

At kkh:
Hysteroscopy diagnostic-means use camera put in and see only
Hysteroscopy therapeutic -means use cmaera to see and remove polyp if see any. Normally on kkh paper it will state hysteroscppy theraputic + dnc or polymetomy.

Fasting required before procedure. For kkh you will not be awake when they do it. A few hrs before procedure nurse will insert a pill called cevagam or somethg spelling like this. Gradually after insert-you will feel very cramp like feeling, then wait for your procedure time to be wheeled in.

That time i do e procedure itself is ard 20mins then come out liao

As you are sleeping- during the procedure you will not feel a thg. After procedure given pain killer n rest in hospital for a few hrs. Then that same day can go home, with 1 person accompany you home.

After that doc will give progynova tablet to build the lining. See doctor a few weeks after procedure. Cycle i think can be next cycle when your menses come. Best to check with doc on this
Thanks for sharing!

Is there a need to rest a few days after the surgery or after that day, normal activities can resume?

Dear all, I’m giving away the following

25b56d1927084259da5abd7006cf0010.jpg

1. Prenatal one: left 3/4 expiry 01/19
2. Men’s one: left more than half expiry 11/18
3. P5P 50mg: more than half expiry 10/18
4. Vit E: almost new expiry 11/19
5. 8 pack of raspberry tea leaf

Self collect at my convenience only (at the west) or opt for postage (self pay)

Pls don’t ask me what’s the purpose of each stuff.. do your own research k :)

PM me if keen. Thanks!

Hi, I’ve not done PGS in SG Govt hosp before, however I did ask NUH. The PGS will be done at NUH very own lab by the embryologist, won’t be transported overseas.

As for pte clinic or hospital in SG, because PGS is not approved to be done in pte hosp, I Guess they can only do it overseas.

I Rem there’s a lady here who did it overseas, can’t Rem it is Thailand. However I think for her case, she did her stimulation in SG, then oocyte retrieval overseas, and so PGS was done at the particular overseas hospital. Then have to fly there to do embryo transfer. I might have recalled the process wrongly cos it has been 1-2 yrs ago

Why don’t u do a search in this forum and see if u can find any infor.

In my opinion, it seems quite a risk to transport the embryos overseas..
Thank you for the reply. Yes I’m also a bit worried about that

anyone bd on cd8 before starting ne?
well we were dtd but we forgot that i will be starting ne soon. my cycle days are average of 28 days.
i should call up nuh but i dont want to give up this cycle. due to it’s during the less crucial period of my work.

I think NUH test earlier than other places.. but I think it’s ok.. can still pick up the beta if it’s positive. If I Rem correctly, my BT at nuh was on 10dp5dt

Do u have any frozen left?

I have 2 more..
This is my 1st cycle...but if it turn out to be a bfn still...i will use up the other 2..is that consider 2nd cycle? Or 2nd cycle is considered gg through the whole process all over again frm stimmin and egg retrieval?

If i need a 2nd opinion...would the drs from nuh be able to advise? Or do they do intralipids for the patients..idk what do i have to request or ask them..

Did u have sucess stories?

I have 2 more..
This is my 1st cycle...but if it turn out to be a bfn still...i will use up the other 2..is that consider 2nd cycle? Or 2nd cycle is considered gg through the whole process all over again frm stimmin and egg retrieval?

If i need a 2nd opinion...would the drs from nuh be able to advise? Or do they do intralipids for the patients..idk what do i have to request or ask them..

It’s your first fresh and first FET right. Next round will be considered your 2nd FET

For nuh, likely they will just ask u to proceed with the 2nd FET since u still have 2 embryos, not sure what else can they advise

Govt Hospitals don’t do intralipds.. u have to go to pte clinics

I have 2 more..

If day 10+5 blasto should be able to see a faint line. Not necessary bfn but just be mentally prepared. Blood test is the most accurate. I have fren who tested bfn on hpt n bfp on blood test.
Intralipid is not a guarantee. I feel egg quality is more important. People usually do it after a few failed cycle. But then if u feel it has even one percent chance to help n it’s not costly then why not. I would not proposed to do it at this stage but u can consider for future. All the best!

Last edited:
I’ve had a 1 Min mild cramp today (5dp5dt). But I’m not sure if it’s stomach cramp or cos of constipation... anyone has the same symptoms as me? Thanks!

Hihi sisters, needed some advice on what’s the next step i should undertake if i have failed 3 fresh cycles and all 3 cycles i do not have any implantation at all for my beta results. Feeling very down and lost and was wondering is there anything i can request Prof Tan to do any check on me? I have low amh, therefore my previous 2 cycles i do not have any extra embryos to freeze except for this recent june cycle, they managed to freeze 2 embryo!

Hihi sisters, needed some advice on what’s the next step i should undertake if i have failed 3 fresh cycles and all 3 cycles i do not have any implantation at all for my beta results. Feeling very down and lost and was wondering is there anything i can request Prof Tan to do any check on me? I have low amh, therefore my previous 2 cycles i do not have any extra embryos to freeze except for this recent june cycle, they managed to freeze 2 embryo!

Your 3 transfers were all fresh transfer? If yes then maybe FET can work for u. Since still have 2 embryos, then can try to go ahead with FET. Who knows both will implant!

Your 3 transfers were all fresh transfer? If yes then maybe FET can work for u. Since still have 2 embryos, then can try to go ahead with FET. Who knows both will implant!
Hi sis, yup my previous 3 transfers all are fresh transfer cos usually I won’t have any embryos left for freezing due to low amh. Usually how does a FET differ from a fresh cycle? Is there anything i can do to prepare myself for FET?

Hi sis, yup my previous 3 transfers all are fresh transfer cos usually I won’t have any embryos left for freezing due to low amh. Usually how does a FET differ from a fresh cycle? Is there anything i can do to prepare myself for FET?
For FET. you just focus on building up your lining with meds. Once it hits 8mm, you can go for the embryo transfer.

Hi there. Don't give up! U still have 2 frozen! Go for fet like what the other says. Eat healthily keep ur womb warm before ur transfer. Where did u do ur ivf cycles?

Hi there. Don't give up! U still have 2 frozen! Go for fet like what the other says. Eat healthily keep ur womb warm before ur transfer. Where did u do ur ivf cycles?
Hi Sevs, thanks for your advice and motivation. I’m gonna take a few months break since my post ivf appointment is set at end Aug. My 1st attempt was at Gleneagles Dr Lc Foong, after which i transfer to KKH under Prof Tan HH for my second n third attempt.

Back