IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yaaa, have to be away for 2 weeks is a difficult thing. Though my manager knows that im going for IVF but I don't intend to let other management knows about it. So its like have to tell a lie! So tiring!

U don’t have to take hl for your cycle. Going back to work free your mind from symptom spotting n stressing over it. It also depends how stressful is your job. I prefer going back to work to keep my mind off.

A gluten free diet is a diet that eliminate wheat , barley and rye. Usually for ppl with celiac disease but some ppl do it for health reason. I didn’t do it hundred percent because I find it difficult to do total gluten free. So I just don’t eat cake, biscuits, pastry, bread, pasta n yellow noodles. I bought gluten free biscuits from marks n spencer when I have craving. I don’t eat noodles except bee Hoon occasionally.

Thank you! This helps simplify my understanding a lot :)

Hi everyone.
Anyone had spottings in 2ww before?
I first see spottings on Tuesday, took support jab in the evening, today is Thursday, I’m still having spottings.
I will call up the clinic later.
My BT is next Tuesday.
Stressful 2ww...

It gets difficult to hide from colleagues after rounds and rounds of HL.. for me I don’t tell them openly but I’m sure alot of them could Guess it. Luckily no one really asked me openly and gave me the privacy.

U already have 1 kid if I’m not wrong? So that’s something to be happy with :)

Nonetheless, rest and come back stronger!!
Yup I have a boy who is coming to 2 but I hope to give him a sibling as soon a I can. I feel sad to see him playing alone at times especially when I saw him playing so happily so classmates or friend's kids, I ask myself when can I give him a playmate...

U don’t have to take hl for your cycle. Going back to work free your mind from symptom spotting n stressing over it. It also depends how stressful is your job. I prefer going back to work to keep my mind off.
Even for fresh cycle? Previously I did almost 1 week bed rest and started walking at home (haha) only at 2nd week then go BFP.
maybe i'll just take a week off then.

i reckon it is more of closure for me, with no more frozen embbies.
you are going for fresh or fet next round?
Yup I agree. With no more frozen embbies, its a closure coz we should give every embbie a chance of survival.
I will try for fresh cycle again. No more frozen embbies already.

Yup I have a boy who is coming to 2 but I hope to give him a sibling as soon a I can. I feel sad to see him playing alone at times especially when I saw him playing so happily so classmates or friend's kids, I ask myself when can I give him a playmate...

I feel you! My boy just turned 2 and he said he want a sibling. :-(
I did my 2nd IVF last year and a FET Jan this year but the FET failed.
So I'm doing another fresh cycle in July/Aug.
I hope we'll be able to give our little boys another sibling!

I feel you! My boy just turned 2 and he said he want a sibling. :-(
I did my 2nd IVF last year and a FET Jan this year but the FET failed.
So I'm doing another fresh cycle in July/Aug.
I hope we'll be able to give our little boys another sibling!
Hi! U did your first IVF in the 2015 right? I rem seeing your name back then. Yaaa i don’t wish that he will be this lonely so as a mother we need to try our best to give them a happier environment at home! My appt in end June, probably i will be doing my fresh in Jul/Aug as well! Wish us luck!!

Hi! U did your first IVF in the 2015 right? I rem seeing your name back then. Yaaa i don’t wish that he will be this lonely so as a mother we need to try our best to give them a happier environment at home! My appt in end June, probably i will be doing my fresh in Jul/Aug as well! Wish us luck!!

Yes correct in 2015. :)
Yes.. hopefully it'll be sucessful for us!

hi all. my hub just had his semen frozen in this month because his SA showed all on the low sides. this is prof wong’s advise.

base on our case, will prof wong put us on icsi right away ?

or should i request for icsi ? is he open to such requests ?

hi all. my hub just had his semen frozen in this month because his SA showed all on the low sides. this is prof wong’s advise.

base on our case, will prof wong put us on icsi right away ?

or should i request for icsi ? is he open to such requests ?

Is this your first fresh cycle? From what I’ve asked him previously, he said unless we have abundance of eggs retrieved, it make no sense to choose natural fertilisation and take the risk of having no fertilisation in the end.
Hence he said most if not all cases will be ICSI

Hi ladies, would like to hv some advice. I had my et on 11 may 2days embies and blood test today hcg was only 77.5. Was asked to retake on wed to see if it doubled. Just today 18 day post transfer and after blood test i got brown spotting. Is this the end of preg for me?

Hi ladies, would like to hv some advice. I had my et on 11 may 2days embies and blood test today hcg was only 77.5. Was asked to retake on wed to see if it doubled. Just today 18 day post transfer and after blood test i got brown spotting. Is this the end of preg for me?

not necessary the end. could be implantation bleeding. did u ask for progesterone jab? continue with your medication n rest more.

Although it sounds kind of late to be implantation bleeding, having brown discharge or spotting is rather common in early IVF pregnancy.

Your HCG May be on the Low side, but it’s still better than a straight negative.. as Long as it doubles on wed, then it’s good.
Rest more and don’t exert. Continue your support meds

The nurse stopped my progesterone support ytd after the blood test so ytd night i inserted my last 2 progesterone. Today im without any support.

Ive not rest enough as im taking care of my 3 yo. Occasionally i do need to carry her for a few sec eg gg to the wash room, after shower etc. I felt im not doing enough to protect my embies this time round.

The nurse stopped my progesterone support ytd after the blood test so ytd night i inserted my last 2 progesterone. Today im without any support.

Ive not rest enough as im taking care of my 3 yo. Occasionally i do need to carry her for a few sec eg gg to the wash room, after shower etc. I felt im not doing enough to protect my embies this time round.

Which hospital are u with? KKH?

Yes im with kkh. Im getting so worried. I dunno if i shd go to the O&G clinic or wait for tmr

U didn’t ask the nurse why she stopped your support meds?

I don’t know what will they do for u if u go O&G clinic since the nurse already stopped your support meds. Maybe ladies who are with KKH can advise.

Yes pls! Ya, cuz she mention that no point to give me support med. if the preg doesnt progress. Everything need to wait till wed blood test then and decide.

Yes pls! Ya, cuz she mention that no point to give me support med. if the preg doesnt progress. Everything need to wait till wed blood test then and decide.

I think someone here mentioned that in KKH, HCG has to be more than 250 on actual BT day to be considered pregnant, not sure if that’s the reason why she stopped your meds.

But I thought should at least have the meds till wed

Hey strudey, I’m in same situation for you.

ET on 12 May and my BT on Monday was 69.5. She mentioned that has to be minimum 200 in order to be consider as positive but as mine isn’t negative so the Nurse call me to go back tomorrow to repeat BT but she did check if I have sufficient Cronine and oral tab and inform me to continue all medication and insertion untill the BT tomorrow.

I POAS and was negative but I do not have any spotting, menses yet. So depressing.. this is my 4th fresh cycle . My AMH is 0.8, considered low for my age(35).

Still have 3 frozen embies..

Hi, I am in my 2ww now. Did ET yesterday. Earlier today had a scare cos saw some red but now no more.. I have a 4yr gal from IVF. anyone on this journey?

Thanks dear, im trying to pull myself up. Just a few more hours to go for the final blood test and to see my doc. I keep questioning myself where did it goes wrong. Is it i nv listen to my body when im feeling tired and didnt rest? Well, what is meant to be it will be.

Thanks dear, im trying to pull myself up. Just a few more hours to go for the final blood test and to see my doc. I keep questioning myself where did it goes wrong. Is it i nv listen to my body when im feeling tired and didnt rest? Well, what is meant to be it will be.
Dun think so much , I believe all of us have tried our best on this journey, Dr also cant give us an answer why we failed. Be strong and try again k!

Anyone currently undergoing IVF and acupuncture at the same time? Do you do acupuncture on the day of transfer and post transfer too?

On a side note, many luck to all the ladies out there who are trying now:)

Yes, it's chemical pregnancy. Nothing to do with fatigue or you not taking good care of yourself. Main reason is that the embryo is not viable, hence things don't work this time round.

Don't feel bad or anything. Something to be consoled is that implantation happened and it means that the next embryo could be the one.

Jia you!

2WW with a toddler is really not easy. It's not that you dun want to rest, but u r also obliged to take care of the older one. Don't feel bad about it. Jiayou!!

Thanks ladies for the encouragement. It helps. Just a quick update, my second blood test result is 90+ slight increase but doc said its not a healthy pregnancy. Ive to wait till next friday to see if the hcg goes down

Anyone currently undergoing IVF and acupuncture at the same time? Do you do acupuncture on the day of transfer and post transfer too?

On a side note, many luck to all the ladies out there who are trying now:)
Hi, I did IVF and accupucture for my #1. yes, done on day of trsf and post trsf.

Does anyone has spotting/bleeding on and off?

I had spotting/bleeding at week 5, stopped at week 6, had bleeding at week 7, stopped for 2 weeks and now week 9, I spotted/bled again.

My first pregnancy 4 years ago, I only bled for a week and stopped at week 6 and the bleeding didn’t come back until I was about to give birth.

I did for my last pregnancy. Spotting/bleeding on-off from start of pregnancy to full-term. Was on bed rest most of my 1st trimester & early part of 2nd trimester. Gave birth to a healthy good weight baby.

Does anyone has spotting/bleeding on and off?

I had spotting/bleeding at week 5, stopped at week 6, had bleeding at week 7, stopped for 2 weeks and now week 9, I spotted/bled again.

My first pregnancy 4 years ago, I only bled for a week and stopped at week 6 and the bleeding didn’t come back until I was about to give birth.
Rainbowdreams.. same here.. brown spotting then abit of red.. on and off..
Given HL for bed rest for 2 weeks... now week 7 liao.. worried liao crazy.
Praying spotting will stop soon..
Having another scan tomorrow!
Jia you !!

Rainbowdreams.. same here.. brown spotting then abit of red.. on and off..
Given HL for bed rest for 2 weeks... now week 7 liao.. worried liao crazy.
Praying spotting will stop soon..
Having another scan tomorrow!
Jia you !!

Yes praying that the spotting/bleeding will stop real soon! It is also scaring me!

Anyone tried fertility blend supplement? If yes, have u take it during ivf process ?

i took it during first few days of stimms and then i stopped because I was reading on the website that it may or may not interfere with the medications that we are taking for ivf

Any ladies here using estrogel?
I’ve 1 tube to give away, opened and used 2x but not using anymore now.

By mail only, to pay for postage. PM me if you need

Hello all! Can I ask for some advice on helping to improve sperm and egg quality in preparation for ivf? Thank you in advance.
Then, I took anti-oxidants for me and Hb and Hb also take stuff to boost sperm vitality.. but it’s was quite a few years back so I can’t remember

Back