IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi everyone.
Anyone had spottings in 2ww before?
I first see spottings on Tuesday, took support jab in the evening, today is Thursday, I’m still having spottings.
I will call up the clinic later.
My BT is next Tuesday.
Stressful 2ww...
Hi, my first successful pregnancy on ivf a few years ago, nothing at all leading to +. Currently also in 2ww and I have been spotting/red/brown past 4days! I don’t worry about it now.. cos nothing I can do. I increased crinone (progesterone insert) as instructed and BT is next fri! All the best to you and those in 2ww now.

I also feel bubbles popping around the uterus area.. I Google some say it’s good sign.. I really don’t know cos I had nothing in my first pregnancy. I do hope it meant good news tho

Even for fresh cycle? Previously I did almost 1 week bed rest and started walking at home (haha) only at 2nd week then go BFP.
maybe i'll just take a week off then.
I actually believe in bedrest cos it did help to conceive for me.. that’s what I am doing this time too. I have failed twice before my successful one then. I Guess it really depends on individual to individual. I would see bedrest during the potential time of implantation as beneficial. Just a suggestion.. may or may not help.

Hi...im on day 14 of progynova and today is my scan for uterine lining..but i had brown discharge yesterday and today a lil bit ..will my fet be cancelled?

Hi...im on day 14 of progynova and today is my scan for uterine lining..but i had brown discharge yesterday and today a lil bit ..will my fet be cancelled?

Just to share my friend’s story. My friend didn’t know she has PCOS until she gave birth to her first child four years after getting married. She conceived her first child naturally. It was during her postnatal review with her gynae that she found out she has PCOS. So her gynae was surprised that she could conceive her first child naturally. 2 years after her first child was born, she started trying for second child and because she knew she has PCOS, she also knew the chances of conceiving naturally were quite slim. However, she was very determined to try to conceive naturally since her first child was conceived naturally. Her gynae had suggested to her to go for IVF. She refused. She went for TCM treatments and on the third year, she conceived her second child naturally again. Her gynae was again very surprised!

Which tcm she went? Can recommend? How.much it costs?

Hi Everyone

I am very new to this website and forum, sorry my story abit long but I just cannot settle down. Confirmed BFP (2nd FET) on 28 May @ 4wks+3days and HCG 2000.

At 4w+6d (last Thurs), I suddenly felt a sharp pain when I sat down at 8pm, when I stood up to go toilet, there's lots of blood and blood clots. Went to Mt A's A&E with more clots and blood (sorry TMI). My gynae scanned and the gestational/pregnancy sac is still there at 5mm+ and asked for me to be admitted, bedrest and observaton. Anyway blood and clots for 1 more day before stopping Friday evening, HCG test@3586 (nvr double but Dr said still pregnant and at least increased). To cut story short, he did another scan on me 2 days ago (Monday) but the pregnancy sac decreased to 3mm which makes me only 4.5wks and not 5+3.

My last miscarriage in March, the sac never grew and was also 3mm at 5 wks. So I am real scared that I will experience a MC 2nd time. Have another scan next Monday, lost my appetite just thinking of it.

Hi Everyone

I am very new to this website and forum, sorry my story abit long but I just cannot settle down. Confirmed BFP (2nd FET) on 28 May @ 4wks+3days and HCG 2000.

At 4w+6d (last Thurs), I suddenly felt a sharp pain when I sat down at 8pm, when I stood up to go toilet, there's lots of blood and blood clots. Went to Mt A's A&E with more clots and blood (sorry TMI). My gynae scanned and the gestational/pregnancy sac is still there at 5mm+ and asked for me to be admitted, bedrest and observaton. Anyway blood and clots for 1 more day before stopping Friday evening, HCG test@3586 (nvr double but Dr said still pregnant and at least increased). To cut story short, he did another scan on me 2 days ago (Monday) but the pregnancy sac decreased to 3mm which makes me only 4.5wks and not 5+3.

My last miscarriage in March, the sac never grew and was also 3mm at 5 wks. So I am real scared that I will experience a MC 2nd time. Have another scan next Monday, lost my appetite just thinking of it.

Take care. May I ask how old are you? Usually early mc is due to non viable embryo. Hence do not blame yourself for what have happened.

Having said that, maybe before the next embryo transfer, you would like to see Dr Choolani or Dr Sheila Vasoo who are the expert in recurrent miscarriage. They can do a series of blood tests for you to exclude any maternal issues that can result in mc

Don’t give up trying!

Take care. May I ask how old are you? Usually early mc is due to non viable embryo. Hence do not blame yourself for what have happened.

Having said that, maybe before the next embryo transfer, you would like to see Dr Choolani or Dr Sheila Vasoo who are the expert in recurrent miscarriage. They can do a series of blood tests for you to exclude any maternal issues that can result in mc

Don’t give up trying!

Am 37 this year. Thanks for the information... I do hope I am just paranoid this round.

Hi ladies, what is your opinion between Dr. Stephen Chew and Prof Wong at NUH? Do share with me your opinion about both.
I’m with Prof Wong - I really like him. He’s very fuss-free and will always answer questions patiently. He’s very reassuring. The only con I can say is that he’s quite conservative — he will rarely try anything new and is against anything that hasn’t been researched and proven (stuff like ERA, intralipid etc) hope this helps!

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to conceive when hubby have been diagnosed with Nonobstructive Azoospermia (zero sperm in semen analysis)?
Hi, you can try to test in another andrology lab. 1 andrology lab report zero does not mean another andrology lab cant find. E lab may need to do centrifugation on e samples to find it for extremely low quantities.

Care to explain more? Not that it’s same for my case but just wondering if zero sperm in semen, then how to conceive naturally?

1st time didn’t do anything, just strike naturally, second time go tcm at Clementi to tiao, strike natural after 8 mths of seeing tcm, from 0% morphology to 1% morphology, mobility > 40%, as for sperm count from 21 million drop to 7 million, go jogging Everyday, Swimming , bath with cold water, put ice pack, of cos go acupuncture and eat tcm medicine.

1st time didn’t do anything, just strike naturally, second time go tcm at Clementi to tiao, strike natural after 8 mths of seeing tcm, from 0% morphology to 1% morphology, mobility > 40%, as for sperm count from 21 million drop to 7 million, go jogging Everyday, Swimming , bath with cold water, put ice pack, of cos go acupuncture and eat tcm medicine.

Then it’s not considered zero sperm in semen right for your case? Just 0% morphology?

Yes not consider zero sperm, but if 0% morphology mean all shape is abnormal, difficult to get preggy too. Less mobility not all sperm is moving fast enough

Yup so yours is different issue from the above lady’s problem.

I Guess morphology can be improved with tcm etc but if really totally zero sperm in semen, then may have to go through surgical means to see if can obtain any sperm out of it. If really still can’t, then as what rainbow has mentioned, may have to get donor sperm.

Let’s not give the wrong infor :)

I Guess morphology can be improved with tcm etc but if really totally zero sperm in semen, then may have to go through surgical means to see if can obtain any sperm out of it. If really still can’t, then as what rainbow has mentioned, may have to get donor sperm.

Ya..Azoo..-no sperms. Not morphlogy bad ..

Some lab denote zero sperm but that may not be conclusive
Another lab may detect some little sperms using centrifugation(spin down method).

So need a 2nd andrology lab to confirm if rhere is really non..

Hello all mummies and mummies to be,
Wanted to seek some advice on when is one ready to do ivf after failed iui? I went thru an iui on 30 April and it was not successful. Now contemplating to go for ivf this month after one menstrual cycle. Is it too quick? I have been doing tcm for one yr plus. Started some supplements over the last two months also. Thank you in advance.

Ya..Azoo..-no sperms. Not morphlogy bad ..

Some lab denote zero sperm but that may not be conclusive
Another lab may detect some little sperms using centrifugation(spin down method).

So need a 2nd andrology lab to confirm if rhere is really non..

Which doctor are u with now? You have move out of Govt hosp le right?

Yes your case is not considered as zero sperm count, so yeah let’s not mislead the lady.

Not considered as zero sperm count so let’s not mislead the lady.

With no 1 now- I give up on art le , serrender white flag,partly due to advance age crossing 40 liao +_×

Sorry I can’t rem if u have any child yet? And have u tried any pte doc? If not u may wish to consider Roland Chieng.

I went to him for my 4th fresh.. although I failed my first FET with him (he doesn’t do fresh transfer) I feel that his approach is different from my previous encounter at NUH.

I told myself not to give up until I reach menopause or no more $$, whichever comes first.. haha

But his fees are not cheap.. so if $ is not a big issue for u, maybe u can give it 1 last try before surrender?

Hi ladies, just wanted to ask if anyone had done PGS for their embryo in NUH or private clinic that use facilities overseas? I went to one private fertility center and was told that their PGS will be done in JB... I’m a bit skeptical.

Btw, anyone experienced recurring candida infection before? Any remedy to treat it if inset doesnt works?
I had it few years ago lasting for almost a year then suddenly gone! Now im having it again! Sigh... its depressing!

Hi ladies,

I understand currently in Singapore PGS is only done in kkh Nuh and sgh. Has anyone done in private clinic and the lab are overseas? I went for a private fertility consult and was told the embryo will be transferred to jb. I wonder if anyone has this experience. Adore ? Thank you

Hi ladies, just wanted to ask if anyone had done PGS for their embryo in NUH or private clinic that use facilities overseas? I went to one private fertility center and was told that their PGS will be done in JB... I’m a bit skeptical.

Hi just wanted to check the private fertility center you use is in Singapore? Which clinic? And Is it pgd or pgs??

Hi ladies,

I understand currently in Singapore PGS is only done in kkh Nuh and sgh. Has anyone done in private clinic and the lab are overseas? I went for a private fertility consult and was told the embryo will be transferred to jb. I wonder if anyone has this experience. Adore ? Thank you

Hi, I’ve not done PGS in SG Govt hosp before, however I did ask NUH. The PGS will be done at NUH very own lab by the embryologist, won’t be transported overseas.

As for pte clinic or hospital in SG, because PGS is not approved to be done in pte hosp, I Guess they can only do it overseas.

I Rem there’s a lady here who did it overseas, can’t Rem it is Thailand. However I think for her case, she did her stimulation in SG, then oocyte retrieval overseas, and so PGS was done at the particular overseas hospital. Then have to fly there to do embryo transfer. I might have recalled the process wrongly cos it has been 1-2 yrs ago

Why don’t u do a search in this forum and see if u can find any infor.

In my opinion, it seems quite a risk to transport the embryos overseas..

Hi, I’ve not done PGS in SG Govt hosp before, however I did ask NUH. The PGS will be done at NUH very own lab by the embryologist, won’t be transported overseas.

As for pte clinic or hospital in SG, because PGS is not approved to be done in pte hosp, I Guess they can only do it overseas.

I Rem there’s a lady here who did it overseas, can’t Rem it is Thailand. However I think for her case, she did her stimulation in SG, then oocyte retrieval overseas, and so PGS was done at the particular overseas hospital. Then have to fly there to do embryo transfer. I might have recalled the process wrongly cos it has been 1-2 yrs ago

Why don’t u do a search in this forum and see if u can find any infor.

In my opinion, it seems quite a risk to transport the embryos overseas..
Just to share that Thailand law doesn't allow import and export of embryos.

Sorry I can’t rem if u have any child yet? And have u tried any pte doc? If not u may wish to consider Roland Chieng.

I went to him for my 4th fresh.. although I failed my first FET with him (he doesn’t do fresh transfer) I feel that his approach is different from my previous encounter at NUH.

I told myself not to give up until I reach menopause or no more $$, whichever comes first.. haha

But his fees are not cheap.. so if $ is not a big issue for u, maybe u can give it 1 last try before surrender?
Have you considered doing IVF at BKK, where you can go for PGD? They do only frozen transfers too and heard that success rate is high.

Have you considered doing IVF at BKK, where you can go for PGD? They do only frozen transfers too and heard that success rate is high.
Is the cost of the procedures comparable to singapore Private hospital? Just failed another FET, so trying to figure out what my options are... seems like no luck with NUH

Back