IVF/ICSI Support Group

Anyone with pcos tried fertility blend prenatal vitamins and concieved naturally?

I’m not pcos, but to be frank, if we have issues conceiving naturally, no amount of supplements can help us to conceive. As its name, a supplement is just a supplement.

I’m sure ladies here, including myself have tried the supplement ‘conceive well’ and maybe millions others.. but really, if one can conceive naturally, really don’t need any supplement.

My advise is, time wait for no man.. if first round of ivf doesn’t work, go for next round if your body and pocket permits.

All the best!!

I’m not pcos, but to be frank, if we have issues conceiving naturally, no amount of supplements can help us to conceive. As its name, a supplement is just a supplement.

I’m sure ladies here, including myself have tried the supplement ‘conceive well’ and maybe millions others.. but really, if one can conceive naturally, really don’t need any supplement.

My advise is, time wait for no man.. if first round of ivf doesn’t work, go for next round if your body and pocket permits.

All the best!!

Hi..i am currently doing my first ivf..fet is in June..im just asking..cz i saw alot of positive reviews for pcos patients ttc..if it helps naturally..why not gif it a try right..

Just to share my friend’s story. My friend didn’t know she has PCOS until she gave birth to her first child four years after getting married. She conceived her first child naturally. It was during her postnatal review with her gynae that she found out she has PCOS. So her gynae was surprised that she could conceive her first child naturally. 2 years after her first child was born, she started trying for second child and because she knew she has PCOS, she also knew the chances of conceiving naturally were quite slim. However, she was very determined to try to conceive naturally since her first child was conceived naturally. Her gynae had suggested to her to go for IVF. She refused. She went for TCM treatments and on the third year, she conceived her second child naturally again. Her gynae was again very surprised!

My take on supplements is just try it if there is no harm trying.

Dr Tan recently shared something with me. He said he will always try to help his patients as much as he can if there’s no harm involved. At least the patients know that they have exhausted all resources and if they still can’t conceive, it is easier for them to have a closure.

I totally agree on this. It’s like do your best and have no regret.

i am a supplement believer.
because i eat outside food a lot.
like for example if i decide to have fishball noodles for lunch today, a lot of it is just starch and sodium. what nutrients can i expect to take from this meal?

and some of us have genetic issues, so we might be lack of something no matter how healthily we eat.

my mother had been eating calcium tabs so luckily for that, she recovered quite fast from a bad fall recently.

also, i am sure we all know that 1 very important supp is folic acid. that is a must.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying supplement is bad.

Just saying if we genuinely have a problem conceiving naturally, then no supplement can help u to conceive. That’s all I meant. :)

Or maybe there might be a miracle, I don’t know.. cos I haven’t encounter myself yet :(

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying supplement is bad.

Just saying if we genuinely have a problem conceiving naturally, then no supplement can help u to conceive. That’s all I meant. :)

Or maybe there might be a miracle, I don’t know.. cos I haven’t encounter myself yet :(

Dreamscometrue, have you tried for very long to conceive? Have you tried many IVF but still fail? Is this your situation now?

I have friends who tried IVF for 10 years and finally conceived.

Just persevere and your rainbow dreams will be waiting for you.

Oh I also do have a friend who confirms cannot conceive on her own. So they went through surrogacy in India and they have a pair of twins now. One boy and one girl. It cost them about USD50k.

My take on supplements is just try it if there is no harm trying.

Dr Tan recently shared something with me. He said he will always try to help his patients as much as he can if there’s no harm involved. At least the patients know that they have exhausted all resources and if they still can’t conceive, it is easier for them to have a closure.

I totally agree on this. It’s like do your best and have no regret.

I so agree with this. I have come to realise dr suggesting supplements or treatments is a hope for patient. No harm trying. He explain it well.

Dreamscometrue, have you tried for very long to conceive? Have you tried many IVF but still fail? Is this your situation now?

I have friends who tried IVF for 10 years and finally conceived.

Just persevere and your rainbow dreams will be waiting for you.

Just to add on. My friend tried IVF at NUH as subsidised patient for 10 years but none of them succeeded. Then when she decided to go for one last IVF, she decided to change to private patient at NUH and she got pregnant.

Just to add on. My friend tried IVF at NUH as subsidised patient for 10 years but none of them succeeded. Then when she decided to go for one last IVF, she decided to change to private patient at NUH and she got pregnant.

I’m not under nuh subsidised.. but ur Friend really persisted very Long under the same hospital ah.

Anyway be it nuh or kkh subsidised, also have people who BFP after 1-2 tries. On the other hand, also have people who are under pte for many years but still haven’t BFP.. so really depends on your luck and affinity.

I’m not under nuh subsidised.. but ur Friend really persisted very Long under the same hospital ah.

Anyway be it nuh or kkh subsidised, also have people who BFP after 1-2 tries. On the other hand, also have people who are under pte for many years but still haven’t BFP.. so really depends on your luck and affinity.

True.

Also just to share another friend’s story. She also had tried IVF for many times and had never succeeded. Finally she gave up and decided to adopt. Now she’s very happy!

IMG_7271.JPG

Saw this on fb post. Jia you mummies to be

Hi JoynPeace! I remember you! You are a 2014 mommy! How are you?
Hi hi! I recognized yr name too! My ivf baby is now 4.5, and I have a #2 that was a natural surprise just before my planned FET— now 2 years old! Had a miscarriage last year and now planning for FET again in July..

Hi hi! I recognized yr name too! My ivf baby is now 4.5, and I have a #2 that was a natural surprise just before my planned FET— now 2 years old! Had a miscarriage last year and now planning for FET again in July..
Yup, my eldest son is 4 years plus too, 2nd boy coming to 2 years old!

JIa you jia you!!

Yeah, I remember postponing sun, sand, sea holidays because that particular month could be the month, but it turns out to be an empty hope. I cannot recall how many holidays I have postponed.

Seeing AF is like getting a chill down the spine and bitterness in the mouth...
I also like you keep postponing my holiday last time...and dun kw how many disappointment to see single line on HPT...but glad we both manage to deliver out the final products..lol

Could be implantation bleeding. Hang on!
Sighz! Dunno manz. Actually already happened on Wed. Then stopped, Thurs was all good then Fri morning come again. Till now the clumpy discharge still brown in color! I’ve lost count how many times i visited toilet today!!! Arghhh!!! In agony!!

Sighz! Dunno manz. Actually already happened on Wed. Then stopped, Thurs was all good then Fri morning come again. Till now the clumpy discharge still brown in color! I’ve lost count how many times i visited toilet today!!! Arghhh!!! In agony!!
Brown colour is considerably "safe" as compared to bright red..All is not over yet. Jia youuuu...

Hello all! Can I ask for some advice on helping to improve sperm and egg quality in preparation for ivf? Thank you in advance.

I took fertility blend supplements for woman n my hubby took for the man. Just eat healthily n cut down on caffeine n cold drinks. Regular exercises. I wear socks n tummy warmer at night. I feel what really help me is the gluten free diet.

my colleague who went through IVF recently, went for test last Fri after put in the embryo, her hormone level was 400++ and she get preg successfully !!!

Doc said she considered preg for 1mth edy, but so far she don have any morning sickness and during the process of IVF, other than some tiredness, she looks fine too...

those who are still otw, don give up and be strong!! You all can make it too!!!!

I took fertility blend supplements for woman n my hubby took for the man. Just eat healthily n cut down on caffeine n cold drinks. Regular exercises. I wear socks n tummy warmer at night. I feel what really help me is the gluten free diet.

Thanks! What is gluten free diet?

Can i know if i failed a frozen cycle this month, when can i be scheduled for a fresh cycle again? 2 mths later?
was told that can start after 2 months.. depending on what frozen cycle you were on this time. to get the meds out of the system thus 2 months.

you done your BT for this round?

Can i know if i failed a frozen cycle this month, when can i be scheduled for a fresh cycle again? 2 mths later?
Actually once your menses come, you can go for your new cycle. Just that the wait at some hospitals like KKH to see the doc is long plus the Q for fresh/frozen cycle, hence, by the time you have seen him and all, the 2nd menses come along.

2-3 cycles? Depends on your comfort level also. Some need to see if bosses allow leave, some also need to depends on doc availability
Yaaa, have to be away for 2 weeks is a difficult thing. Though my manager knows that im going for IVF but I don't intend to let other management knows about it. So its like have to tell a lie! So tiring!

Yaaa, have to be away for 2 weeks is a difficult thing. Though my manager knows that im going for IVF but I don't intend to let other management knows about it. So its like have to tell a lie! So tiring!

It gets difficult to hide from colleagues after rounds and rounds of HL.. for me I don’t tell them openly but I’m sure alot of them could Guess it. Luckily no one really asked me openly and gave me the privacy.

U already have 1 kid if I’m not wrong? So that’s something to be happy with :)

Nonetheless, rest and come back stronger!!

Thanks! What is gluten free diet?

A gluten free diet is a diet that eliminate wheat , barley and rye. Usually for ppl with celiac disease but some ppl do it for health reason. I didn’t do it hundred percent because I find it difficult to do total gluten free. So I just don’t eat cake, biscuits, pastry, bread, pasta n yellow noodles. I bought gluten free biscuits from marks n spencer when I have craving. I don’t eat noodles except bee Hoon occasionally.

Back