IVF/ICSI Support Group

I’m with Prof Wong.
My beta was 172 at 14dt, ended as chemical.
Just went to see the Prof again, he send me for a hysteroscopy, also considering to do PGS in second fresh ivf in June...
are going for another try?

Did you see prof after your period come or that doesnt matter.
I be seeing prof on 4 may i think but to date no sign of AF.
Did you still haf frozen? if yes, why go for 2nd fresh?
PGS only can be done if you got enough qty to go to blast stage?
I doubt i can do PGS cos i usually have few eggs that made it.

Hi, has anyone had experience with extending culture of frozen-thawed D2/3 embryos to blastocyst stage before the FET?

I am wondering how many D2/3 embryos would need to be thawed given that not all will progress to D5, and what happens if more than 2 survives to the blastocyst stage? Can the remaining ones be frozen a second time?

Thanks!
Hello, yes, me! extending culture of frozen-thawed D3 embryos to blasto before FET.

If more than 2 survives the blasto stage, it will be frozen again.

In KKH, they will thaw all your D2/3 embryos to see which one made it to Day 4 or Day 5. In the event if they seem to be unstable on Day 4, they will call you to go down immediately to do the transfer.

then they will monitor you to ensure HCG drop.
methotrexate usually prescribed for unknown location pregnancy. they hv to monitor to ensure hcg drop completely cause ultrasound cannot help to scan the uterus to ensure the miscarriage is complete.
anyway you cannot try again for 6 months due to possible side effects of methotrexate.

I had it for my first fresh back in 2014.... I feel your pain. it's so troublesome and there's so many blood tests. mine took 1.5 months to clear.

Hi everyone... dropping by just to show my support. Was a big beneficiary of this forum; the support and comradeship was astounding. Had my share of loss and graduated with my first child. I read some “never give up” messages earlier and I agree! Hang in there future mummies... hugs
Hello! great to see you again! Trying for #2?

Ah

Jab to clear out or surgery to locate it and remove. I took the jab yesterday but the whole process will take quite long so as to ensure HCG drops to a certain level.

I am not sure if I should consult a second opinion.
I believe you should seek a 2nd opinion with KKH.

methotrexate usually prescribed for unknown location pregnancy. they hv to monitor to ensure hcg drop completely cause ultrasound cannot help to scan the uterus to ensure the miscarriage is complete.
anyway you cannot try again for 6 months due to possible side effects of methotrexate.

I had it for my first fresh back in 2014.... I feel your pain. it's so troublesome and there's so many blood tests. mine took 1.5 months to clear.

1.5months to clear completely? Did you do a mini confinement after that?

My case is abit strange and they felt the same. Because I already had a negative blood test on 6-apr and we didn’t try naturally after that. My menses also came on the 6-Apr.

2 weeks later, I just had a sudden severe abdominal pain and I went in on the pretext of food poisoning or what. Didn’t know it got to this. Hai

The pain just suddenly went away and they didn’t go ahead of the initial plan of surgery - when I had severe pain.

Did you get pregnant after this episode?

Did you see prof after your period come or that doesnt matter.
I be seeing prof on 4 may i think but to date no sign of AF.
Did you still haf frozen? if yes, why go for 2nd fresh?
PGS only can be done if you got enough qty to go to blast stage?
I doubt i can do PGS cos i usually have few eggs that made it.
I saw Prof Wong twice after my beta dropped, still have one frozen very good blastocyst.
Yesterday I saw Prof, went for a counselling session regarding PGS, and also talked with the embryologist.
They do PGS only on day 5 very good/good blastocyst, it takes one month. PGD is for day 3 embryos.
The difference between PGS and PGD is that for PGS they check everything, for PGD they check only for some particular chromosomal abnormalities. PGD is suitable for couples who knows what genetic diseases do they(or they parents) have.
PGS+freezing cost 7k sgd for any number of blastocysts (1 or 10, doesn't matter).
The embryologist said that on day 4 they call to inform how many embryos you have and you can make a decision if you still want PGS. Of course if on day 2 you have only 2-3 embryos, they do transfer on day 3.
My first ivf last month I had 3 very good blast. Prof suggested go for another round of fresh ivf in June since I am 40 y.o. now. Collect eggs, do PGS(if we want to) and freeze blast, come for FET in october.
The whole IVF with PGS will cost 22k, as far I understand then can't use medisave(since it consider as FET), but I still have 2 medisave try.
I don't know what to do...

I saw Prof Wong twice after my beta dropped, still have one frozen very good blastocyst.
Yesterday I saw Prof, went for a counselling session regarding PGS, and also talked with the embryologist.
They do PGS only on day 5 very good/good blastocyst, it takes one month. PGD is for day 3 embryos.
The difference between PGS and PGD is that for PGS they check everything, for PGD they check only for some particular chromosomal abnormalities. PGD is suitable for couples who knows what genetic diseases do they(or they parents) have.
PGS+freezing cost 7k sgd for any number of blastocysts (1 or 10, doesn't matter).
The embryologist said that on day 4 they call to inform how many embryos you have and you can make a decision if you still want PGS. Of course if on day 2 you have only 2-3 embryos, they do transfer on day 3.
My first ivf last month I had 3 very good blast. Prof suggested go for another round of fresh ivf in June since I am 40 y.o. now. Collect eggs, do PGS(if we want to) and freeze blast, come for FET in october.
The whole IVF with PGS will cost 22k, as far I understand then can't use medisave(since it consider as FET), but I still have 2 medisave try.
I don't know what to do...

You still have time to think before the fresh.
Most important is having no regrets in whatever decision that you make.

But i don't understand the part on not being able to use medisave. I thought you did fresh means can use and offset? Mabbe you can clarify with them on that part.

Hello, yes, me! extending culture of frozen-thawed D3 embryos to blasto before FET.

If more than 2 survives the blasto stage, it will be frozen again.

In KKH, they will thaw all your D2/3 embryos to see which one made it to Day 4 or Day 5. In the event if they seem to be unstable on Day 4, they will call you to go down immediately to do the transfer.

Thanks so much for clarifying my doubt!

1.5months to clear completely? Did you do a mini confinement after that?

My case is abit strange and they felt the same. Because I already had a negative blood test on 6-apr and we didn’t try naturally after that. My menses also came on the 6-Apr.

2 weeks later, I just had a sudden severe abdominal pain and I went in on the pretext of food poisoning or what. Didn’t know it got to this. Hai

The pain just suddenly went away and they didn’t go ahead of the initial plan of surgery - when I had severe pain.

Did you get pregnant after this episode?

I had an unusual trend in my hcg. it was 51 on BT. 2 days later went to 45. then 1 week later it went up and continued to climb to 1k odd. at 7 weeks, there was nothing in uterus so was advised MTX in case it's ectopic. took the jab at 8 weeks but it still took 1.5 months for HCG to drop and bleeding to start.

I then failed the next FET (3months after MTX, not 6 as per initial post) but that may be due to poor egg quality. Following FET at 5 months after MTX I again BFP with blighted ovum.

I still BFP twice more since then but both couldn't sustain pass 8 weeks.

I had an unusual trend in my hcg. it was 51 on BT. 2 days later went to 45. then 1 week later it went up and continued to climb to 1k odd. at 7 weeks, there was nothing in uterus so was advised MTX in case it's ectopic. took the jab at 8 weeks but it still took 1.5 months for HCG to drop and bleeding to start.

I then failed the next FET (3months after MTX, not 6 as per initial post) but that may be due to poor egg quality. Following FET at 5 months after MTX I again BFP with blighted ovum.

I still BFP twice more since then but both couldn't sustain pass 8 weeks.
This MTX process is damn long. Initially I just wanted to opt for surgery to close case faster but was told it’s very invasive.

Which hospital are you with? Maybe you can go for some tests? I read that some ladies did certain checks etc as they are able to BFP but couldn’t hold through.

I am trying to keep my chin up during this period but it’s not easy.

Btw, I am with prof PC - NUH

https://www.princetonivf.com/due-date-calculator/

Chance upon this calculator.. wonder is it accurate? Those who done ET can play around with it
emoji38.png
Congrats. If i dicepher correctly, I guess its a positive for u! What did u do different this round and who is yr doctor?

I feel very comfortable with him - patient and very assuring.

He didn’t give me time to think for my first ivf. Asked me to just do it and I was scheduled for it almost immediately.

He also came to see me and got the staffs to monitor me very closely overnight for this current ectopic pregnancy- was admitted lately

Yeah!!! Congrats!! So happy for you! Take good care!! My lining today is only 7.3mm! Have to continue monitoring on Mon still. Anyway, really happy to knw that BFP! Hope to join you soon!

Hi MelodyLove, did they say you can proceed with the thaw cycle? Or do they want you to do another scan on Monday to determine the lining again, then decide whether to proceed to thaw or not?

Hi MelodyLove, did they say you can proceed with the thaw cycle? Or do they want you to do another scan on Monday to determine the lining again, then decide whether to proceed to thaw or not?
Can i know how many days it takes to thaw? As in if tomorrow my lining is ready, most prob on which day i will do the ET?

Can i know how many days it takes to thaw? As in if tomorrow my lining is ready, most prob on which day i will do the ET?

Depends on how many days is your embryo. Eg if your embryo is day 3, once your lining is ready, doc will get u to start crinone insert for 3 days then u are ready for the ET. Thawing takes 1-2 hrs only

Hi ladies.. i am currently on my 1st fet.. ttc since 2011.. trying for my #2.
Just transfer yesterday and so today is my 1dp6dt.. excited but worried cos during the et.. one of the blastocyst got left behind.. and need to reload in again..
But yesterday and today i dun have any feeling nor cramps.. not sure what to feel..

KKHIVF called me on 9th April to tell me the time for transfer on 11th April because mine are Day 2 embryos. I started Crinone gel and Duphaston on 9th April and continued Progynova.

7.8mm!! They still want me to scan again on Wed. Doc said most likely Wed the lining will be ready and ET can be done on 8 May. Actually I dunno the days for my frozen embryos. Will the doctor tell you?
Got to ask them if you are unsure, for accurate answers

7.8mm!! They still want me to scan again on Wed. Doc said most likely Wed the lining will be ready and ET can be done on 8 May. Actually I dunno the days for my frozen embryos. Will the doctor tell you?
Drink more red bean soup these 2 days and if you can, take red meat like beef. Alvocado is good as well. I haven’t tried it personally but a tcm told me to double boil beef slices with some red dates and ginger. Drink the soup which is supposed to be very nutritious and ‘bu xie’. Can drink even after conceived. Jiayou!

Last edited:

Back