IVF/ICSI Support Group

7.8mm!! They still want me to scan again on Wed. Doc said most likely Wed the lining will be ready and ET can be done on 8 May. Actually I dunno the days for my frozen embryos. Will the doctor tell you?
Try pomegranate juice and red bean soup.. got my lining to 9mm

Drink more red bean soup these 2 days and if you can, take red meat like beef. Alvocado is good as well. I haven’t tried it personally but a tcm told me to double boil beef slices with some red dates and ginger. Drink the soup which is supposed to be very nutritious and ‘bu xie’. Can drink even after conceived. Jiayou!
Thanks but i don’t take beef neh. I did drink red bean soup daily. Will continue doing so too.

Wow! 9mm.. good one. Sighz me still struggling in the 7ish for a while! Will continue with red bean soup. Thanks

Frankly speaking.. all these red bean soup, beef, raspberry tea leaf etc etc.. I personally don’t think it helps at all.. it’s probably just food which provide nutrients to the body

And really, to help thicken the lining can only depends on the medication and time. Don’t be so stressed, just 0.2mm away.. sure can hit

7.8mm!! They still want me to scan again on Wed. Doc said most likely Wed the lining will be ready and ET can be done on 8 May. Actually I dunno the days for my frozen embryos. Will the doctor tell you?

Yeah drink red bean soup and eat more beef . Have ample sleep and rest. That helps too! Dr Zou said lining is pretty much affected by whether we sleep or not.

Jiayou!

MelodyLove, do you still remember what was your lining reading when you BFP in 2015? It looks like they really want you to hit the minimum 8 mm before proceeding coz for me, my second scan was 7 mm and they just told me I could proceed with the cycle because I BFP with 7.1 mm when I had my daughter. I didn’t do so many scans.

Thanks but i don’t take beef neh. I did drink red bean soup daily. Will continue doing so too.
Essentially just go for iron rich food. Some ladies have thinner lining by nature and BFP without 8mm. So don’t stress, relax and enjoy the PH today and you should get the green light for ET by next scan! :)

Frankly speaking.. all these red bean soup, beef, raspberry tea leaf etc etc.. I personally don’t think it helps at all.. it’s probably just food which provide nutrients to the body

And really, to help thicken the lining can only depends on the medication and time. Don’t be so stressed, just 0.2mm away.. sure can hit
Thanks! Hopefully it continues to grow then most prob can achieve 8mm!

Thanks! Yup hopefull nothing unusual happen should be able to achieve 8mm by tomorrow!

MelodyLove, do you still remember what was your lining reading when you BFP in 2015? It looks like they really want you to hit the minimum 8 mm before proceeding coz for me, my second scan was 7 mm and they just told me I could proceed with the cycle because I BFP with 7.1 mm when I had my daughter. I didn’t do so many scans.
Yah actually i have been thinking about that too but just keep forgetting to check with the doc when im there! Im curious to find out too. I will ask tomorrow.

Yah actually i have been thinking about that too but just keep forgetting to check with the doc when im there! Im curious to find out too. I will ask tomorrow.

I like it also because the discharge isn’t as much as Utrogestan after inserting.

The thing I don’t like about the Crinone gel is after insertion, we need to walk for about 15 minutes for the gel to be fully absorbed.

Haha ya thats the thing lor we need to walk around

My lining in 2015 was 9.8mm! Now is only 8mm. And they are going to transfer one day 5 blastocyst which was not what i expected! I thought they will transfer 2 but doctor say cannot! They doesnt want me to risk having twins since i already have a child. Is that normal? @rainbowdreams1011 u also transferred 2 embroys right?

Melodylove.. cant you request?? Say dun mind twins?
I requested! She say can’t and say that every doctor will say the same thing, she said my last IVF in 2015 transferred 2x 2d embryos and a blastocyst is as good a 2x 2d embryos. But my point to tft 2 is not becoz i wanna have twins but becoz it will increase the chances of having one also right! Haizz quite upset!

My lining in 2015 was 9.8mm! Now is only 8mm. And they are going to transfer one day 5 blastocyst which was not what i expected! I thought they will transfer 2 but doctor say cannot! They doesnt want me to risk having twins since i already have a child. Is that normal? @rainbowdreams1011 u also transferred 2 embroys right?

The doctor on duty didn’t tell me how many to transfer. Then on ET day, Dr Tan asked me if we had discussed to transfer one or two. I told him I couldn’t remember. But I transferred two Day 2 embryos. Mine are not blastocysts. I never had blastocysts to transfer. When the embryos become blastocysts, they are already in my womb.

How old are you? Maybe they think no need to transfer two due to your age?

I heard now KKHIVF has the trend of cultivating the embryos to blastocysts before transferring and they only want to transfer one blastocyst to avoid multiple pregnancies.

After transfer, I told Dr Tan I’m praying for twins. He said Singleton is better. Safer and less complications.

I have 4 embryos left. They thawed the best two and realised one couldn’t make it so they thawed the third one. So I only have one embryo left to freeze.

4 years ago, when I saw the Day 2 embryos, they were clearly 4 cells. But this time round, even though they said it’s Day 2, I saw more cells in each embryo.

I have 4 embryos left. They thawed the best two and realised one couldn’t make it so they thawed the third one. So I only have one embryo left to freeze.

4 years ago, when I saw the Day 2 embryos, they were clearly 4 cells. But this time round, even though they said it’s Day 2, I saw more cells in each embryo.
I’m 34 this year leh. Definitely older than you. Cannot be my chances higher than you mah. Probably they follow the new trend to avoid twin pregnancy as much as possible as to avoid complications. Haizzz ok lor just leave it to fate then...

Btw u have very good memory ya! Seems you remember every single details that happened 4 years ago!

Btw u have very good memory ya! Seems you remember every single details that happened 4 years ago!

I have a blog to document my IVF journey. That’s how I remember. Haha! Anyway I can also compare the 2 embryos 4 years ago and the 2 embryos this year because they will give you the pictures of the embryos. So when I refer back, I can see the difference in the number of cells.

I have a blog to document my IVF journey. That’s how I remember. Haha! Anyway I can also compare the 2 embryos 4 years ago and the 2 embryos this year because they will give you the pictures of the embryos. So when I refer back, I can see the difference in the number of cells.
Haha i see! No wonder! But that’s a good idea. Can recall so many details.

I requested! She say can’t and say that every doctor will say the same thing, she said my last IVF in 2015 transferred 2x 2d embryos and a blastocyst is as good a 2x 2d embryos. But my point to tft 2 is not becoz i wanna have twins but becoz it will increase the chances of having one also right! Haizz quite upset!

Actually that's not true. If you insist, they will have to give it to you, 2 embryo transfer. But before they give it to you, they would want to make sure you are fully aware of the risks of having twins, like gestational diabetes, miscarriages risk is higher, pre-term delivery and yes, don't even think of natural delivery, it would be C-sect.

Cos I have 2 boys and before ET, Dr Tan did have a short discussion with me to see if I would be keen to transfer one or two blasto. He did tell me about the downside, but end of the day, he said he would leave the decision to me. I chose to transfer one blasto.

I think it's absurd when they insist to put only one embryo despite against your wishes. There is no regulation to say that you can only put in one.

Actually that's not true. If you insist, they will have to give it to you, 2 embryo transfer. But before they give it to you, they would want to make sure you are fully aware of the risks of having twins, like gestational diabetes, miscarriages risk is higher, pre-term delivery and yes, don't even think of natural delivery, it would be C-sect.

Cos I have 2 boys and before ET, Dr Tan did have a short discussion with me to see if I would be keen to transfer one or two blasto. He did tell me about the downside, but end of the day, he said he would leave the decision to me. I chose to transfer one blasto.

I think it's absurd when they insist to put only one embryo despite against your wishes. There is no regulation to say that you can only put in one.
Yes, I thought so too if it is my wish right. I only know the rule is max 2 embryos. The doc on duty this morning just flatly rejected me. Didn't even attempt to check with the doc in charge or discuss further about my wishes. :(

Yes, I thought so too if it is my wish right. I only know the rule is max 2 embryos. The doc on duty this morning just flatly rejected me. Didn't even attempt to check with the doc in charge or discuss further about my wishes. :(
No worries, on ET, tell your doc that you want to transfer 2 embryos and see what he says.

But at the same time, please read up on the downsides of having twins hor. Must be super duper sure before you give the go-ahead. It's not easy carrying twins. The risk is there.

I think the regulations were kinda more slacked in the past? In 2013, I BFPed on a 6.8mm lining too :p Struggling to achieve 8mm, but the doc on duty gave me the green light and I thanked her for that!

No worries, on ET, tell your doc that you want to transfer 2 embryos and see what he says.

But at the same time, please read up on the downsides of having twins hor. Must be super duper sure before you give the go-ahead. It's not easy carrying twins. The risk is there.
Ok, let me think over it, becomes a tough decision now!

I think the regulations were kinda more slacked in the past? In 2013, I BFPed on a 6.8mm lining too :p Struggling to achieve 8mm, but the doc on duty gave me the green light and I thanked her for that!
I hope I can be lucky this time too...Like you! BFP with one and only blasto!
My lining is indeed not so good like last time. Last time could achieve 9.8mm easily! Age catching up maybe, recent months I also notice my menses was almost like nothing only on day 3!

For my second cycle last year, Dr Tan and the embryologist recommended to transfer 2 day-5 blastocysts although we have discussed to only transfer one earlier on. It's dependent on the quality of the blastocysts. The quality of mine weren't that good so they decided that transferring 2 back would give me a higher chance. In the end, both implanted but one didn't developed. We are blessed with a healthy baby. Good to discuss with ur primary doctor about it. Agree with towkayneo that twin pregnancy have risks for both mummy and babies. Need consider very carefully.

I hope I can be lucky this time too...Like you! BFP with one and only blasto!
My lining is indeed not so good like last time. Last time could achieve 9.8mm easily! Age catching up maybe, recent months I also notice my menses was almost like nothing only on day 3!
Hahaha, I still have 2 blastos in the freezer :p
Hmmm, could be due to ageing. My menses used to last for 5 days but now it’s like 3-4 days settled.

Hi can i knw what should be the color of discharge after using the Crinone gel? I’ve got a rather big piece of yellowish gluish discharge. Is that normal?

I went to KKH today and get a progesterone jab. I was very lucky to see Dr Tan. I went to Clinic D and the nurse advised me to go to O&G because Dr Tan had gone for a meeting and he would not be seeing patients in the afternoon. So I went to O&G and took a queue number. But I decided to walk back to Clinic D and wanted to ask the nurse when his meeting would end. I think God wanted me to meet Dr Tan. Just as I was at the counter asking, he walked past and I called out to him. He said he would see me. He then did a scan for me and prescribed me the jab. So thankful that I saw him today.

I went to KKH today and get a progesterone jab. I was very lucky to see Dr Tan. I went to Clinic D and the nurse advised me to go to O&G because Dr Tan had gone for a meeting and he would not be seeing patients in the afternoon. So I went to O&G and took a queue number. But I decided to walk back to Clinic D and wanted to ask the nurse when his meeting would end. I think God wanted me to meet Dr Tan. Just as I was at the counter asking, he walked past and I called out to him. He said he would see me. He then did a scan for me and prescribed me the jab. So thankful that I saw him today.

Wah so lucky. Today scan can see anything? How many weeks are u already?

Back