IVF/ICSI Support Group

How come you retrieved so many eggs but still proceed for ET? You just had your ER right? Dr said ok to proceed? You retrieved more eggs than me! Actually how does the Dr determine if you have OHSS not? Btw, so you had lots of 100 plus and egg white after ER?

Ohss is dependent on individual and the amount of hcg in ur blood/body. If symptoms are bad, will test blood to check. PCOS usually higher risk of ohss.

I've 3 boxes of progynova and about 18 tabs of utrogestan to give away, expiring feb 2017. As I'm not doing fresh or FET by then so can't use them.

Anyone keen pls pm me

So you just went for your ER not long ago? Waiting for Dr to cfm if you would be proceeding for fresh ET or frozen ET is it? Which hospital and Dr are you with?
I went for my retrieval yesterday and my body is currently curing well. Other than the minor cramp, I do not feel further discomfort and no bloating at Abdominal area. Hence, I believe that I will proceed with fresh ET for this cycle.

Hospital will call me daily to update with the embryos status and check my condition.

I am with SGH Dr Yu, she is very caring and I am glad I choose her for my IVF

I went for my retrieval yesterday and my body is currently curing well. Other than the minor cramp, I do not feel further discomfort and no bloating at Abdominal area. Hence, I believe that I will proceed with fresh ET for this cycle.

Hospital will call me daily to update with the embryos status and check my condition.

I am with SGH Dr Yu, she is very caring and I am glad I choose her for my IVF
So good that you are proceeding for fresh ET... all the best and good luck for the transfer :)

U have so many eggs!
I have PCOS, my first scan already have 50+ small follicles. So taking 47 todays dosent surprise me though. I do felt uncomfortable, bloated & no appitite before retrieval but those are past tense already.

Dr did mentioned about freezing my embryo and do FET after due to high risk of OHSS. All will still have to wait till when my blasts are ready to confirm if its a ET or FET for me.

For me, I would prefer doing a fresh instead. So if OHSS is the case, I will try to avoid it with every possibilities.

I start drinking 100 plus few days before retrieval already..

You have so many eggs ! Awesome.
How many last till day 5?or till blastocyst out of 47?

Hi all, I'm planning to start my second ivf cycle in end of the month. Just receive the call from clinic my amh level is low. Any idea what can I do? Age is really catching up on me, I'm so sad with the news..

U have so many eggs!

You have so many eggs ! Awesome.
How many last till day 5?or till blastocyst out of 47?
Hi Kris80, still got 2 more days to Day 5. So far so good, hopefully embies can successfully grow to blasts. All I can do now is pray and wait

Hope this time transfer blast can have successful implantation. I nv had any BFP for all my Day 3 transfers before..

i have 14 follicles retrieved this cycle n i wasn't feeling well after ER, initial plan was aso do fresh et but in the end dr played safe n postpone cos he afraid i have ohss , so my fet was postpone a month later. Especially u have so many follicles, Dr sadhana 's worries is not wrong too. as for HL for FET, i am not sure KKH practise as my ivf is under pte dr n i still get my 14 days HL from him.
seems like if you freeze the embryos, you can sieve and obtain the "stronger"ones for the transfer?

seems like if you freeze the embryos, you can sieve and obtain the "stronger"ones for the transfer?
I went for my ER this morning and retrieved 25 follicles... will be doing fet in Feb as Dr Sadhana said it's not advisable to proceed with fresh transfer, I am actually a little upset that I can't do a fresh transfer this month... but haizzz... just have to be patience

I went for my ER this morning and retrieved 25 follicles... will be doing fet in Feb as Dr Sadhana said it's not advisable to proceed with fresh transfer, I am actually a little upset that I can't do a fresh transfer this month... but haizzz... just have to be patience

Don't be upset. My doctor told me FET have higher chance of success rate than fresh. Have faith on ur embie..

for myself, I would prefer frozen embryos. I just don't have luck with fresh embryos :p

Don't be sad. Be positive! I had to delay my ET to FET as well and BFP with that!

Oh is it also due to ohss? May I know the process for fet? And it's 5 days of HL after FET? Is the 5 days of HL enough? And congrats for the BFP!

Mine was due to high progesterone. My Dr said it he progesterone is too high, the embie won't stick. So since I only have 1, we decided to wait for the next mth. I did non-medicated FET so basically I monitor and wait for ovulation. Once I ovulate, I come down for a scan and Dr advise to come again after 2 days for the transfer. Since I had only 1, I had to come to the hospital and wait for the thaw to see if it's successfully thawed. Once it's fine, I go to the OT for the ET. I think my Dr gave me 3 days HL and I took a few days of Al so I rested at home only for about 1 week. It's good to have sofa-rest and not bed rest. So I did walk around and go shopping etc.

Mine was due to high progesterone. My Dr said it he progesterone is too high, the embie won't stick. So since I only have 1, we decided to wait for the next mth. I did non-medicated FET so basically I monitor and wait for ovulation. Once I ovulate, I come down for a scan and Dr advise to come again after 2 days for the transfer. Since I had only 1, I had to come to the hospital and wait for the thaw to see if it's successfully thawed. Once it's fine, I go to the OT for the ET. I think my Dr gave me 3 days HL and I took a few days of Al so I rested at home only for about 1 week. It's good to have sofa-rest and not bed rest. So I did walk around and go shopping etc.
Oh... and that's the miracle baby!!! Good good... So waiting for a month is all worth it!!! So after ET, do you still need to insert anything vaginally? It's ok to just rest for a week right? After all, it's not as tough as ER right?

Oh... and that's the miracle baby!!! Good good... So waiting for a month is all worth it!!! So after ET, do you still need to insert anything vaginally? It's ok to just rest for a week right? After all, it's not as tough as ER right?

Yes a miracle baby! :) Yes it's worth it. Give you time to tiao the body and get rid of all the medication!
Yup, my Dr supported me with crinone daily plus progesterone shot every 3 days. Once BFP, I took duphaston and progynova daily till end of first trimester.

Yes ET is normally ok. If your job is not too stressful, it's ok to go back to work and resume per normal. But don't lift heavy things etc. I felt nothing during and after ET until I got cramps a few days before my BT.

Yes a miracle baby! :) Yes it's worth it. Give you time to tiao the body and get rid of all the medication!
Yup, my Dr supported me with crinone daily plus progesterone shot every 3 days. Once BFP, I took duphaston and progynova daily till end of first trimester.

Yes ET is normally ok. If your job is not too stressful, it's ok to go back to work and resume per normal. But don't lift heavy things etc. I felt nothing during and after ET until I got cramps a few days before my BT.
That cramp should probably due to the implantation! Ok... in this case I would just take a week of break to rest at home after the FET and then resume work... thanks so much for making me feel better

I have PCOS, my first scan already have 50+ small follicles. So taking 47 todays dosent surprise me though. I do felt uncomfortable, bloated & no appitite before retrieval but those are past tense already.

Dr did mentioned about freezing my embryo and do FET after due to high risk of OHSS. All will still have to wait till when my blasts are ready to confirm if its a ET or FET for me.

For me, I would prefer doing a fresh instead. So if OHSS is the case, I will try to avoid it with every possibilities.

I start drinking 100 plus few days before retrieval already..
Hi hope4miracle

I also dianogize with pcos and currently on first ivf with 200iu puregon. May I know what drug u took during ur fresh ?

Hi Kris80, still got 2 more days to Day 5. So far so good, hopefully embies can successfully grow to blasts. All I can do now is pray and wait

Hope this time transfer blast can have successful implantation. I nv had any BFP for all my Day 3 transfers before..
Keep us posted. With so many eggs what are u going to do?

Any Sister here with Roland chieng? Can share experience?

One of my group twin mummies bfp with him. Fast hand fast leg. Went to see him and bfp within 2-3 months 1st cycle. I went to see him before I go nuh. But cos he Pte n quote me 15k then n can't use government co fund i didn't proceed.

Hi all

After failing my first fresh cycle in Dec, I am now finishing up my period. Had spotting several days and real period for 4-5 days. Now it's finally dwindling to spotting and hopefully can finish it soon.

For those of you who had a second IVF cycle, how many months did you rest before starting again?

Hi all

After failing my first fresh cycle in Dec, I am now finishing up my period. Had spotting several days and real period for 4-5 days. Now it's finally dwindling to spotting and hopefully can finish it soon.

For those of you who had a second IVF cycle, how many months did you rest before starting again?
Hi catinthesky, you aren't going for frozen cycle?

Dr chieng is good n so far he has high success rate but his rates are not cheap, if u are gg with him, give him the trust . i bfp thrice under him..
he dont' do fresh et anymore, only blasto n fet

Hi all

Usualy dr advice for 2cycle menses to rest.But up to individu..

Ladies, anyone know when is the cut off date for kkh for cny? My menses should come on 23 Jan and following one in March. I need to inform my bosses. Sigh

That cramp should probably due to the implantation! Ok... in this case I would just take a week of break to rest at home after the FET and then resume work... thanks so much for making me feel better

Yup it was due to implantation.
Yes, just have a week of rest and make sure you are positive and happy.
Watch comedies etc and laugh a lot.
Go shopping, have girly outings etc.
I remember I even went for election rally.. bahaha.

After FET remember to wear socks at home cos must keep feet warm.
I ate brazil nuts (1 to 2 pieces) daily, durian a couple of times during the 2ww, fresh figs and gold kiwi daily.

Ladies, anyone know when is the cut off date for kkh for cny? My menses should come on 23 Jan and following one in March. I need to inform my bosses. Sigh
Cut off for cny is from 6 to 20 Jan. If your mense coming on 23 Jan shouldn't be a problem. Unless it comes on cny eve afternoon or cny day 1 morning then cannot start cycle which most likely will happen to me! :(

Last edited:
Cut off for cny is from 6 to 20 Jan. If your mense coming on 23 Jan shouldn't be a problem. Unless it comes on cny eve afternoon or cny day 1 morning then cannot start cycle which most likely will happen to me! :(

Thanks so much! Hope it will be on time.

Hi Hajar, 2 cycle including my first menses after failed IVF right? This menses very messed up.. I guess I have to wait for the next to see if it's back to normal.
After failed ivf...den within 1 week ltr menses sd come after stoppin all support..consider that mense as 1st cycle menses...den the following month mense consider 2cycle menses...thats hw i pause in between after failed 1st or 2nd ivf cycle...always giving myself 2cycle menses to come den stary renew fresh...provided ur menses all along is regular type...

Hi all
I had 1 failed fresh cycle last Oct and now starting on 2nd fresh. I had no OHSS last cycle except some cramps and bloatedness.
I am thinking if I should have fresh ET immediately or freeze all and have FET the next month or the next next month.
I heard frozen ET has a higher success rate. True?

Hi all
I had 1 failed fresh cycle last Oct and now starting on 2nd fresh. I had no OHSS last cycle except some cramps and bloatedness.
I am thinking if I should have fresh ET immediately or freeze all and have FET the next month or the next next month.
I heard frozen ET has a higher success rate. True?
in the past fet doesn't works for me except this time, but my dr did mentioned it has higher success rate for fet so he only does fet now , no longer fresh et

Hi all

My 1st cycle was in Jan -- ended in ectopic. Did 2nd cycle in Dec -- but had to freeze due to lab closure and move to FET...

Hi Ladies,

May I know for the hospitalisation given by Doctor, is the doctor's name or condition stated in the Hosptialisation leave slip?

Any ideas what are the foods that can prevent ohss?

Lastly, my cycle is in Feb. I'm afraid that my Menses will come in end Jan (CNY period). Any idea will KKH close for the CNY period?

Hi Ladies,

May I know for the hospitalisation given by Doctor, is the doctor's name or condition stated in the Hosptialisation leave slip?

Lastly, my cycle is in Feb. I'm afraid that my Menses will come in end Jan (CNY period). Any idea will KKH close for the CNY period?

Dr's name yes. Dept of RM. No condition stated.

Hi Ladies,

Cut off for cny is from 6 to 20 Jan. If your mense coming on 23 Jan shouldn't be a problem. Unless it comes on cny eve afternoon or cny day 1 morning then cannot start cycle..

Cut off for cny is from 6 to 20 Jan. If your mense coming on 23 Jan shouldn't be a problem. Unless it comes on cny eve afternoon or cny day 1 morning then cannot start cycle which most likely will happen to me!
Input from 1 lady here..
@Jill Stuart... kkivf is open on 27 Jan half day, closed from 28 - 30 Jan for cny. 31 Jan they are open. Hopefully u are in time! All the best!:)

Back