IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ill be going for Fresh this round.. Normally aft ET, how many days do we really need to rest at home?
HL given 2weeks after ET for fresh cycle..But some ladies rest for only a week...Either fail or success all depends on egg quality womb lining and luck...Best of luck for 2017 ivfers inclucing myself

So ER is a one day thing? Like you are given MC to go to the clinic and after ER is back to work till ET? thereafter ET you get 2 weeks of HL but bed rest is not necessary? can you do housework etc during the 2 week HL?

Hi, will be embarking the journey is doc approve..
I have yet to go for the counselling session, blood tests n doc appt.
The nurses has asked me to attend the counselling in order to know more and to decide whether i would like to embark this journey.

May ask alot of noob questions as this will be my 1st time doing ivf.

So ER is a one day thing? Like you are given MC to go to the clinic and after ER is back to work till ET? thereafter ET you get 2 weeks of HL but bed rest is not necessary? can you do housework etc during the 2 week HL?
for NUH the HL will start from the day you do ER.

Ill be going for Fresh this round.. Normally aft ET, how many days do we really need to rest at home?

Fresh u may need a little more rest cos you may have OHSS or so after ER.

I think it depends on when ur implantation is gonna be. For blast, it's the next couple of days after ET. So I'm gonna rest for couple of days and go back to work. Best is transfer on a wed, take 2 days HL and then there's the weekend to rest. But that depends on pure luck.

For my first fresh, one week felt sufficient for me tho I rested at home for 2 weeks anyway.

You have to observe your own body also. I would recommend to take full 2 weeks to observe yourself for first fresh cos our bodies may react differently from others.

Last edited:

Sharkles, kkh will give you HL from Day of ER. You rest at home then go back to the hospital for ET 2 days later. But if you have >10 fertilized embryos, you may be sent back home without transfer. Cos they may want to blast your embryos. Then you will transfer blastocysts instead at a later date, around 5 to 6 days post ER.

Hi, will be embarking the journey is doc approve..
I have yet to go for the counselling session, blood tests n doc appt.
The nurses has asked me to attend the counselling in order to know more and to decide whether i would like to embark this journey.

May ask alot of noob questions as this will be my 1st time doing ivf.
dont worry i also alot of noob questions. Will be my 1st time too!

Hi ladies, I'm on my first round of fresh and on day 8 stims, there's a chance that I ovulated early and cycle may have to be cancelled, even though I'm taking ganirelix everyday. Has anyone faced a similar situation? Doc has asked me to do blood test and monitoring my LH.

Ladies, may i check does anyone went ahead to do ivf when u hv cycts and fibroids?

Me! I did when I had cyst in my right ovary, adeno in my left side and some fibroids here and there. But it depends on where the cysts and fibroids are and the risk appetite of your Dr. Mine took the risk and I agreed and I got BFP. My son is now 7.5mths old. Pretty smooth pregnancy too and the cyst disappeared.

Me! I did when I had cyst in my right ovary, adeno in my left side and some fibroids here and there. But it depends on where the cysts and fibroids are and the risk appetite of your Dr. Mine took the risk and I agreed and I got BFP. My son is now 7.5mths old. Pretty smooth pregnancy too and the cyst disappeared.
Understand!
Hopefully my cysts n fibroids has not grown much for the past one year.
N mine are in the out of danger zone :)

Those with TFC, for culturing to blastocysts, would there be daily updates from the nurses? Or they just inform you on the day of ET whether proceed or cancel? I'm worried whether my embryos can make it to transfer.

My direct reporting in sg seems ok as he is those family oriented kind. But for the lady over at uk not too sure.

My previous ivf cycle i told her that im on HL she then email me saying that HL given for ivf does not take into account as its a non medical condition and she nearly take my absent as no pay leave. Which i then argue back saying if its a non medical condition why hospital gave me HL. I even told her that mom stated that its a paid leave for HL. I believe she is from a employer point of view that im paying you salary while you are not working.

By the way how many days in advance will you inform your office that you will be on HL?

The HR sounds bad and not understanding! IVF is HL because there is risk of OHSS as well.

But I think other countries don't have long HL like SG.. they are quite shock that our hospitals give 3 weeks.

My office superiors are quite nice and family oriented. I told them a month in advance roughly when I will be on HL and they are fine. But then I also did my first IVF during a non-peak season at work...

Understand!
Hopefully my cysts n fibroids has not grown much for the past one year.
N mine are in the out of danger zone :)

Yah.. they can gauge the growth via blood test - CA125 which is a tumour marker. Mine was very high but it went down so my Dr decided to proceed. She did mention that doing surgery will delay IVF cos have to wait for recovery and surgery will take some of the ovarian reserve away.

You are doing your IVF soon? All the best. Think positively ok. I used a hypnotherapy CD (IVF Belief CD by Helen McPherson) to keep myself positive. PM me if you want to borrow.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I'm on my first round of fresh and on day 8 stims, there's a chance that I ovulated early and cycle may have to be cancelled, even though I'm taking ganirelix everyday. Has anyone faced a similar situation? Doc has asked me to do blood test and monitoring my LH.
hi cheazoo, i dont understand how can you ovulate when you are taking the medicines to stop ovulation. Dosage not high enough? If you have ovulated, it will be very dangerous as if you are on stims, there are alot of eggs! what did your doc say and which clinic are you doing your IVF?

Fresh u may need a little more rest cos you may have OHSS or so after ER.

I think it depends on when ur implantation is gonna be. For blast, it's the next couple of days after ET. So I'm gonna rest for couple of days and go back to work. Best is transfer on a wed, take 2 days HL and then there's the weekend to rest. But that depends on pure luck.

For my first fresh, one week felt sufficient for me tho I rested at home for 2 weeks anyway.

You have to observe your own body also. I would recommend to take full 2 weeks to observe yourself for first fresh cos our bodies may react differently from others.

This will be a 3rd time for me.. Husband dont want to rush thing so i call SGH that i will be doing in March already because they told me that the ET will be around 24 Jan which is very near to CNY.

The HR sounds bad and not understanding! IVF is HL because there is risk of OHSS as well.

But I think other countries don't have long HL like SG.. they are quite shock that our hospitals give 3 weeks.

My office superiors are quite nice and family oriented. I told them a month in advance roughly when I will be on HL and they are fine. But then I also did my first IVF during a non-peak season at work...
Envy. Hope employer can be more understanding. Who wants to go through all these. Pray for 2017 will be a good year for us all here.

Yah.. they can gauge the growth via blood test - CA125 which is a trumour marker. Mine was very high but it went down so my Dr decided to proceed. She did mention that doing surgery will delay IVF cos have to wait for recovery and surgery will take some of the ovarian reserve away.

You are doing your IVF soon? All the best. Think positively ok. I used a hypnotherapy CD (IVF Belief CD by Helen McPherson) to keep myself positive. PM me if you want to borrow.

Hi, where can buy the CD?

This will be a 3rd time for me.. Husband dont want to rush thing so i call SGH that i will be doing in March already because they told me that the ET will be around 24 Jan which is very near to CNY.

If u feel fine last 2 times, perhaps going to work may be helpful for u. I actually believed my last bfp was due to walking and moving around. So perhaps coming back to office may not make much of a diff since I have a deskbound job. But of cos if ur job is a highly stressful one, then perhaps being out of office serves more of a purpose. My job is stressful at times but I know I just need to control my own emotions.

All the best k! Hugs.

Thanks! I forgot about that tho I read some posts in this forum. Where do u find avocado? And how to eat?

I always buy it at the market, guaranteed ripe and not brown inside. Normally I do a smoothie with some coconut water and dragonfruit (another fruit high in folic acid), if not have it with some meat as a side dish or eat with bread like a sandwich :)

I always buy it at the market, guaranteed ripe and not brown inside. Normally I do a smoothie with some coconut water and dragonfruit (another fruit high in folic acid), if not have it with some meat as a side dish or eat with bread like a sandwich :)

Wow thanks. I'll try it out. The only time I eat avocado is on a sushi roll. Lol.

If u feel fine last 2 times, perhaps going to work may be helpful for u. I actually believed my last bfp was due to walking and moving around. So perhaps coming back to office may not make much of a diff since I have a deskbound job. But of cos if ur job is a highly stressful one, then perhaps being out of office serves more of a purpose. My job is stressful at times but I know I just need to control my own emotions.

All the best k! Hugs.
Thanks @Almondearie im also thinking of resting for a few days after the ET and go back to work. However tho i have a desk bound job. I have a bao suah bao hai job. Sometimes need to use strength too.. If i really go back to work after ET then i got to protect myself saying that i cannot lift heavy stuf. Got to be abit thick skin.

Fail 1 fresh n 1fet left 1 frozen blast.. i think i wont try so fast.. i even push my review further date
Jiayou...
I think our employer plays an impt role tp us here..

I actually informed my superior abt it and she kind of encouraging me to do it soon rather late as i need her support n understading.

Lets jiayou together! :)

Jiayou...
I think our employer plays an impt role tp us here..

I actually informed my superior abt it and she kind of encouraging me to do it soon rather late as i need her support n understading.

Lets jiayou together! :)

Ya lo quite stressful lei.. especially when i haf to keep go hosp den my sup show me black face.. haiz

hi cheazoo, i dont understand how can you ovulate when you are taking the medicines to stop ovulation. Dosage not high enough? If you have ovulated, it will be very dangerous as if you are on stims, there are alot of eggs! what did your doc say and which clinic are you doing your IVF?

Hi muff, I'm at kkh. Doc on site says my LH is 2, this is slightly high according to her and may ovulate in the next few days if the LH surges higher. But the scan result didn't show any ovulation yet, and I also don't think this LH result is higher than normal, so I hope it's a false alarm. Dosage on blocker is at 0.25.
Can't imagine canceling this cycle and requeuing for another 3mths

Thanks @Almondearie im also thinking of resting for a few days after the ET and go back to work. However tho i have a desk bound job. I have a bao suah bao hai job. Sometimes need to use strength too.. If i really go back to work after ET then i got to protect myself saying that i cannot lift heavy stuf. Got to be abit thick skin.

Yes, just tell those people u have a back problem. Anyway how can they make a lady do all these heavy duty lifting ?? U can't do it when u're pregnant anyway. Remember k.

Those with TFC, for culturing to blastocysts, would there be daily updates from the nurses? Or they just inform you on the day of ET whether proceed or cancel? I'm worried whether my embryos can make it to transfer.

Yes embryologist will update daily on the status of your embryos. If need to may ask u to go down for early transfer.

Back