IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sharkles, kkh will give you HL from Day of ER. You rest at home then go back to the hospital for ET 2 days later. But if you have >10 fertilized embryos, you may be sent back home without transfer. Cos they may want to blast your embryos. Then you will transfer blastocysts instead at a later date, around 5 to 6 days post ER.

Ic! So its good to have more than 10 mature eggs i suppose?

Quantity is a plus but quality is key. The hospital has protocols to maximize ur chances but even blast like mine didn't make it while my friend's day 3 embryos both stuck and are now twins. So don't be too hung up on it. Just keep positive ya! :)
Its all abt luck...even if all beautiful sometimes dun strike also...

Yes, just tell those people u have a back problem. Anyway how can they make a lady do all these heavy duty lifting ?? U can't do it when u're pregnant anyway. Remember k.
@Almondearie thanks. I will remember that.

Luckily for me to postpone my IVF cycle. We will be shifting office by end feb. Yesterday went to see the new office and was told that i will be station on the 2nd floor (i bao reception area). So i email my direct reporting superior this morning that it wont be convenient for me to go up and down the stairs since he know im going for ivf and thinking positive that if this time im successful?
When he respond my email he cc my finance cum hr director saying that he is aware of my concern will try to look again on the arrangement and at the same time he mention that it also a good time for us to sit down and have another chat of my mid term plan... im super sian now lor.. haiz don noe what to do eh..

Hello Sista, would like to know if acupuncture after ET works better and higher chance to BFP?
I know a lady from this forum she went to see sinseh zou yu min before her fet and did the acupuncture. Affer et she went to see her and did acupuncture too. And her blood test today is bfp.. am so happy for her..

Last edited:
Just went for briefly.. realised that before ER, need to go for several scans and KKH say minimum half day. I thinking if i should take mc or half day al. Cos i dont intend to tell my RO that i gng IVF. But keep taking mc also cannot. Or i just say i am scheduled for procedure and will need follow up appointments before the procedure

Just went for briefly.. realised that before ER, need to go for several scans and KKH say minimum half day. I thinking if i should take mc or half day al. Cos i dont intend to tell my RO that i gng IVF. But keep taking mc also cannot. Or i just say i am scheduled for procedure and will need follow up appointments before the procedure

Will u b able to start work slightly late? Usually I'm there before doors open at 7:30am and will b done around 9:30. I take taxi to my office in cbd and will reach around 10. Usually reach before my own boss who waltz in after 10.

Will u b able to start work slightly late? Usually I'm there before doors open at 7:30am and will b done around 9:30. I take taxi to my office in cbd and will reach around 10. Usually reach before my own boss who waltz in after 10.
Oooh!!!! If thats possible den maybe ok. My office is really nearby. Thanks for sharing this.

How about getting them to help me with the jab? Can i also go at 7.30am?

Oooh!!!! If thats possible den maybe ok. My office is really nearby. Thanks for sharing this.

Ur daily jab will be after the scan and purchase of additional meds. But I'm not sure who to ask cause I usually do myself.

Fail 1 fresh n 1fet left 1 frozen blast.. i think i wont try so fast.. i even push my review further date
Ya with 1 frozen blast left at kk, I'm a bit at a loss of what's my next step after 2 failed fresh with disciplined diet and acupuncture last round. I'm just trying naturally now without expectations but I Guess I'll decide after I c dr Tan after cny.
Maybe U shld try to c dr Tan soon so that u can queue up for 2nd fresh as there's a Long wait and u can make use of the wait to rest and Tiao your body.
For me, I'll b going private if I decide to go for 3rd fresh and there's no queue (or much shorter?) at private so I'm just procrastinating till I feel ready.

Usually there's a wait to get Nurses to help u jab so u likely won't make it back to office early. Is ur hubby ok to help u with the jabs, or gotta try to do it yourself. Ask the Nurses abt getting help with the jabs, but going back daily will be very taxing.

Ya with 1 frozen blast left at kk, I'm a bit at a loss of what's my next step after 2 failed fresh with disciplined diet and acupuncture last round. I'm just trying naturally now without expectations but I Guess I'll decide after I c dr Tan after cny.
Maybe U shld try to c dr Tan soon so that u can queue up for 2nd fresh as there's a Long wait and u can make use of the wait to rest and Tiao your body.
For me, I'll b going private if I decide to go for 3rd fresh and there's no queue (or much shorter?) at private so I'm just procrastinating till I feel ready.

Jiayou!!!!

Usually there's a wait to get Nurses to help u jab so u likely won't make it back to office early. Is ur hubby ok to help u with the jabs, or gotta try to do it yourself. Ask the Nurses abt getting help with the jabs, but going back daily will be very taxing.

Maybe he is ok but i not ok. Hahahaha i dunno leh. Argh..

I decided not to do so fast... i jus eat n drink watever i like now

I think need to be physically and emotionally strong. Like i was listening to the stuff that we need to do =X and if like me, the RO abit crazy, you can forget about getting any support. In fact the reason i dont want to say is i dont want it to be an excuse for them to ask me to leave :(

went back to kkh for review and was told the queue is now till may. :eek:
Woahhhh!

Anyway is there anything i should be eating/avoid eating since my IVF is in Feb? i quite bochup leh. i am not taking my revosit and folic regularly, i am taking the TCM med, but still drink cold water(habit).

Guess is too late anyway?

Its v filling so I take it as smoothie with other fruits/vege as a meal on its own. Avo has good fats and I hv been eating it for a year and didnt gain any so far :) My skin gets better though ^^
Wakakaakakak.okay.thanks for the info...shall get that avocado immediate

I have a really bad headache since yesterday... prob side effect of the progynova. Did u do anything to soothe it? I did a v bad thing, I took coffee. But will cease at least 3 days before my ET.
I took panadol...ive asked the pahrmacist before..dey say normal panadol is wokay.but not those mix mix like for flu and pain that kind just solely panadol itself...

Hi all, I went for my second scan today (1st scan was day 1 of menses), and have 14 follicles on the right and 14 follicles on the left, hence a total of 28 follicles. Largest follicle is 15mm and lining is 7.8
It's day 7 of my stimm. I had 150 gonal f for first 6 days and adding on 0.25mg orgalutran to jab together with gonal f for the last 3 days. Dr Sadhana is worried I might get OHSS and hence advised me to go for ER on Monday 9 Jan to freeze all my embryo, and to do ET in Feb/Mar. Anyone experience same case like mine? Or anyone experience OHSS before? And may I know how many days of HL is given for FET?
I'm a bit disappointed that I can't proceed for ET this cycle dye to too many follicles produced.

Hi all, I went for my second scan today (1st scan was day 1 of menses), and have 14 follicles on the right and 14 follicles on the left, hence a total of 28 follicles. Largest follicle is 15mm and lining is 7.8
It's day 7 of my stimm. I had 150 gonal f for first 6 days and adding on 0.25mg orgalutran to jab together with gonal f for the last 3 days. Dr Sadhana is worried I might get OHSS and hence advised me to go for ER on Monday 9 Jan to freeze all my embryo, and to do ET in Feb/Mar. Anyone experience same case like mine? Or anyone experience OHSS before? And may I know how many days of HL is given for FET?
I'm a bit disappointed that I can't proceed for ET this cycle dye to too many follicles produced.
i have 14 follicles retrieved this cycle n i wasn't feeling well after ER, initial plan was aso do fresh et but in the end dr played safe n postpone cos he afraid i have ohss , so my fet was postpone a month later. Especially u have so many follicles, Dr sadhana 's worries is not wrong too. as for HL for FET, i am not sure KKH practise as my ivf is under pte dr n i still get my 14 days HL from him.

I had 16 follicles in total and had mild ohss for my last fresh cycle. Looked 4 months pregnant (at least) and my movement was probably similar! I felt uncomfortable all the time, sometimes in pain, no appetite. I was given some medication but it didn't help much. It will continue if u BFP. So my discomfort continued until my mc.

i have 14 follicles retrieved this cycle n i wasn't feeling well after ER, initial plan was aso do fresh et but in the end dr played safe n postpone cos he afraid i have ohss , so my fet was postpone a month later. Especially u have so many follicles, Dr sadhana 's worries is not wrong too. as for HL for FET, i am not sure KKH practise as my ivf is under pte dr n i still get my 14 days HL from him.
Dr is going to retrieve all my follicles on Monday so I'm sure the follicles will continue to grow... I'm feeling very bloated and heavy tummy everyday!

I had 16 follicles in total and had mild ohss for my last fresh cycle. Looked 4 months pregnant (at least) and my movement was probably similar! I felt uncomfortable all the time, sometimes in pain, no appetite. I was given some medication but it didn't help much. It will continue if u BFP. So my discomfort continued until my mc.
Mich, so after you retrieved 16 follicles, did you proceed to do ET from the fresh or freeze them for FET?

Hi HavingHope, doc took out 47 follicles for me and I am advised to drown myself with 100 plus and egg white daily. I feel fine after retrieval only except for mild cramp around my ovary area while I walk. Hopefully, everything will go well for me to continue with fresh ET this month

My previous fresh cycle had 44 follicles and have fresh ET, no OHSS

Hi HavingHope, doc took out 47 follicles for me and I am advised to drown myself with 100 plus and egg white daily. I feel fine after retrieval only except for mild cramp around my ovary area while I walk. Hopefully, everything will go well for me to continue with fresh ET this month

My previous fresh cycle had 44 follicles and have fresh ET, no OHSS
How come you retrieved so many eggs but still proceed for ET? You just had your ER right? Dr said ok to proceed? You retrieved more eggs than me! Actually how does the Dr determine if you have OHSS not? Btw, so you had lots of 100 plus and egg white after ER?

How come you retrieved so many eggs but still proceed for ET? You just had your ER right? Dr said ok to proceed? You retrieved more eggs than me! Actually how does the Dr determine if you have OHSS not? Btw, so you had lots of 100 plus and egg white after ER?
I have PCOS, my first scan already have 50+ small follicles. So taking 47 todays dosent surprise me though. I do felt uncomfortable, bloated & no appitite before retrieval but those are past tense already.

Dr did mentioned about freezing my embryo and do FET after due to high risk of OHSS. All will still have to wait till when my blasts are ready to confirm if its a ET or FET for me.

For me, I would prefer doing a fresh instead. So if OHSS is the case, I will try to avoid it with every possibilities.

I start drinking 100 plus few days before retrieval already..

I am also asked to call them once I have any discomfort such as below

Mild Form:
Abdominal swelling
Lower Abdominal pain
Nausea

Moderate Form:
(In additional to mild form)
Diarrhea
Vomiting
Dark strong urine

Severe Form:
Persistent Vomiting - unable to tolerate any fluid orally
Gross Abdominal swelling resulting in difficulty in breathing

Fet hl for kkh standard is 3days but h can request extend till bt. I request hl till bt.. thh give it to me

I have PCOS, my first scan already have 50+ small follicles. So taking 47 todays dosent surprise me though. I do felt uncomfortable, bloated & no appitite before retrieval but those are past tense already.

Dr did mentioned about freezing my embryo and do FET after due to high risk of OHSS. All will still have to wait till when my blasts are ready to confirm if its a ET or FET for me.

For me, I would prefer doing a fresh instead. So if OHSS is the case, I will try to avoid it with every possibilities.

I start drinking 100 plus few days before retrieval already..
So you just went for your ER not long ago? Waiting for Dr to cfm if you would be proceeding for fresh ET or frozen ET is it? Which hospital and Dr are you with?

Back