IVF/ICSI Support Group

After such a Long journey, we eventually managed to BFP, but end up its such a short lived joy.. Sometimes when my mood is down, I really wonder whether it's worth going through all these..

Nonetheless, let's continue to support one another until we BFP again!
It's worth every bit of the tries. Life is too short to live with regrets. We put in all our best. At the end, if nothing works, at least we have done what we could. Jiayou. And thanks for the encouragement.

Sorry to hear that. In ivf sustaining pregnancy is such a challenge. This journey from stim till delivery is a daily labor pain for us. This journey is definitely not for the faint hearted ones and no outsider can understand our emotional roller coaster ride.

Cry it out rest well tiao body and come back stronger gal.
Yes. Thank you for the encouragement.

Hi sistas, just to update.. the antibiotics is supposed to be taken on same day as trigger. I've chked with nurse ytdy. Anyway, she say doesn't matter that I took it one day before ER.

Hello all. I'm also facing the same, empty sac at 6, 7 & 8 weeks scan although BFP after FET, blighted ovum.

Opted to wait for body to naturally flush out the sac after stopping all supports. Can anyone advise around how soon can the body start to flush the sac out? Will there be a lot of pain and discomfort?

Some history:
Jun 2010 - Fresh cycle, transferred 3 freeze 13 , BFN
Sep 2010 - FET, BFP, HCG600+, a boy!
Feb 2014 - FET, BFN
Jun 2015 - FET, BFN
Nov 2015 - Changed to TFC for change of hands, laparoscopy to clear severe endo
Apr 2016 - FET, BFP, HCG150, BO :(

After this is all over again for us to do a fresh round. Also want to lament... Why is it so hard?!

:(

Hello all. I'm also facing the same, empty sac at 6, 7 & 8 weeks scan although BFP after FET, blighted ovum.

Opted to wait for body to naturally flush out the sac after stopping all supports. Can anyone advise around how soon can the body start to flush the sac out? Will there be a lot of pain and discomfort?

Some history:
Feb 2014 - FET, BFN
Jun 2015 - FET, BFN

After this is all over again for us to do a fresh round. Also want to lament... Why is it so hard?!

It depends on how big is the sac and whether u have the patience to wait it out slowly.

Some history:
Feb 2014 - FET, BFN
Jun 2015 - FET, BFN

So sorry babe. If its meant to be, it will be. Hang in there. Hugs!

For 7/8 weeks, sac is not big. Doing it naturally will be like menses, just with lots more blood. And i do mean a hell lot. Cramps too. If hcg is dropping, body will let it go on its own.

Update FET#1
Jun 09 (Thu), 5dp5dt
- Spotting on and off since 3dp5dt, from brownish to pinkish
- Got the Proluton Depot 250 mg jab to support.
- Countdown to BT : 7 days
Jia you buddy. Your bt earlier than me. Waiting for baby dusts. My by v late...17dp3dt which is 20dpo.

Sisters who mc and managed to successfully move on to bfp and carry past first trimester, were you given additional support or supplement for the later pregnancies?? I knw some did intralipid every 2 weeks and had successful pregnancy despite earlier mc. Am thinking of starting Vit D supplement as I read that it aids prevent mc in first trimester. Am in dilemma if I just take myself. I went for proluton jab at kkh yesterday and bought vit d from their pharmacy.

Last edited:

Some history:
Feb 2014 - FET, BFN
Jun 2015 - FET, BFN

Hugz. If you are still young, go for the fresh cycle again. I did 3 fresh and 2 FET. Utilised all the Govt grant for fresh cycles. If I had another embryo left I would have gone for the last FET with grant too. But I'm already 39 this year with one child. I won't try again.

Hi everyone, just to confirm we can get govt funding maximum of 3 times only right for fresh cycle? Cos July one is my third fresh. Anyone here max the govt funding already?

Some history:
Feb 2014 - FET, BFN
Jun 2015 - FET, BFN

Hugs martini, stay strong and rest well!

O. So actually don't even need medication to induce it? So naturally mc and it cleared everything? Sorry, if I can ask you how many wks were you?
Mc around 7-8 weeks too. Doctor did advise if the natural miscarriage did not happen within 2 weeks, I ll have to go for d&c too. On hindsight, I think medication to induce is probably better. Stay strong and remember to do a mini confinement for recovery after mc. Keep warm as usual and try not to have cooling food and cold drinks. Take care and speedy recovery! =)

Hi Ladies ~
I'm on my 2ww now... (This is my 1st FET) Blood Test is schedule to be on 10/6/2016.... (If you happen to see my post earlier, i am still in search of the courage to do my HPT).... Till date i have yet to done any...
Unsure why.. as the day draw nearer to the BT... my positive energy seems to be dropping ....
The fear of facing the negative result start to get all over me.... =( While i tell myself that i got to stay positive , i cant help but facing the fear in me....
Is it the right time for me to do the HPT now?
All the best for your BT today, AAOM!

Just had my ER done yesterday and woke up to bad left sided pain this morning. Not very distended. Took panadol extra and it's better now. Anyone experienced this before? Had 15 eggs retrieved

hello ladies~ feel really comfy seeing all the posting encouraging each other thru the IVF process...
I will going for my first appointment with NUH... wondering how many times (roughly) of visits likely needed? I am concern bcos my work doesn't allow me to keep going leave, so sad :(

Just had my ER done yesterday and woke up to bad left sided pain this morning. Not very distended. Took panadol extra and it's better now. Anyone experienced this before? Had 15 eggs retrieved
hihi.. i had my ER done last Sat.. other than some cramps and sore boobs, i dun feel any other pain.. u might want to check with your dr?

hello ladies~ feel really comfy seeing all the posting encouraging each other thru the IVF process...
I will going for my first appointment with NUH... wondering how many times (roughly) of visits likely needed? I am concern bcos my work doesn't allow me to keep going leave, so sad :(

Hello! :) I'm with NUH too. You can actually asked for a medical chit instead of mc if your boss accepts it.
But of course after the appt u have to go back to work.

Hello! :) I'm with NUH too. You can actually asked for a medical chit instead of mc if your boss accepts it.
But of course after the appt u have to go back to work.
is it very often has to visit NUH? I don't mind going back to work, still... too many not very nice... my team is small just 3 of us...

is it very often has to visit NUH? I don't mind going back to work, still... too many not very nice... my team is small just 3 of us...
I'm not with NUH but nearer to the egg retrieval, I had to go down almost every other day to monitor the follicle size. Luckily it's the school holidays (I'm a teacher) so my boss close one eye if I reported later...

Hi all, can I check if it's better to transfer one or two? I have 2 embies but Dr Sadhana is advising to just transfer one due to higher risks of twins and my history of gestational diabetes when my mum carried me. So she suggests waiting till D5 to transfer a singleton. I am so confused.
actually it is up to your comfort based on your health history. BUt for me, i will totally put in 2 or even 3 if i can. I have gone through 5 transfer cycles and always have put in 2. all BFN. so you can see some of us have a lesser chance to strike so it is better to maximise the chances for us.

All the best! Stay positive!

Thanks for the well wishes...

Went for my BT and is cfm to be negative....
Did my HPT again yesterday already see the negative sign... So was sort of prepare for it..

Can't help but to feel abit upset that I didn't success this round.... :(

Hi ladies... Received the negative news for my blood test today....

Was told to wait for a few day for my Menses to arrive... Have a few Qns in mind and hope that ladies here will be able to advise

1. Is it for sure that the menses will come in a few day time? I have PCOS as such a bit worry that it will not come on its own

2. My Nx doctor appt is on 29/7.... Was told that the June menses was for a break period... That means my July cycle should be able to do my next FET... Which means that by mid July I should be able to get my next menses (hopefully)... Nurse say that I can call them in July if my menses arrive before the doctor appt... But some ladies told me earlier that I need to wait for doctor review before I can start my next FET cycle... Any advise? I'm with KKH

3. Was there any reason for my failure? Anything I can improve to make my next FET stand a higher chance?

4. Do u ladies feel that Doctor matters in the ivf ? My doctor is Dr Khong at KKH I didn't really see anyone discuss about him here... I have to say I have nothing against him Nor I'm blaming the failure in transfer on him... Im just wondering if changing a more well known doctor in ivf do help to get better advise...

Hugs AAOM. Despair not. This journey is v tough n challenging g and we do not have answers for bfn or mc. We just have to cry it out accept and move on. Be positive and tiao body for next cycle.

Hihi you go scanning?? Any pain or symptom??
Last wk I went to see gynae cos of cramps and spotting. He gave me a support jab and asked me to see him this week so I went to see him. Scanned and show no more heartbeat. He said embryo is abnormal and there was even one part that was swelling. No pain or symptom. The only symptom was probably I felt my abdomen felt empty the last few days.

Was told to wait for a few day for my Menses to arrive... Have a few Qns in mind and hope that ladies here will be able to advise

1. Is it for sure that the menses will come in a few day time? I have PCOS as such a bit worry that it will not come on its own

2. My Nx doctor appt is on 29/7.... Was told that the June menses was for a break period... That means my July cycle should be able to do my next FET... Which means that by mid July I should be able to get my next menses (hopefully)... Nurse say that I can call them in July if my menses arrive before the doctor appt... But some ladies told me earlier that I need to wait for doctor review before I can start my next FET cycle... Any advise? I'm with KKH

3. Was there any reason for my failure? Anything I can improve to make my next FET stand a higher chance?

4. Do u ladies feel that Doctor matters in the ivf ? My doctor is Dr Khong at KKH I didn't really see anyone discuss about him here... I have to say I have nothing against him Nor I'm blaming the failure in transfer on him... Im just wondering if changing a more well known doctor in ivf do help to get better advise...

Sorry to hear it's a negative.

Answering some of your questions:

1. Menses will come at most 1 week after a failed cycle. I have irregular menses too but when I failed my fet last month, my menses came 5 days after my BT result.

2. Yes u can start another cycle of FET after 2 months of menstrual cycle. This is exactly what I'm going through. I'm done for my June menses and waiting for my July menses before I call the clinic for my next fresh cycle. Did you have a review with your doctor after the failed BT? If haven't then I suggest u could ask him for pills to jumpstart your menses if it's late for the July cycle.

3. Failed cycles are mostly due to embryo chromosome abnormalities.

There will be more visits for scans to check on the size of the follicles nearing the ER. Most of the time I took medical chit. Save on my mc and leave. The visits will be like every 3 days in between. I remember my visits to be Friday and then go again on Monday.

Last wk I went to see gynae cos of cramps and spotting. He gave me a support jab and asked me to see him this week so I went to see him. Scanned and show no more heartbeat. He said embryo is abnormal and there was even one part that was swelling. No pain or symptom. The only symptom was probably I felt my abdomen felt empty the last few days.
Gal sorry to hear that but at grading was it a grade 4 embryo? Also during the tww and after did u cramp n spot or all started last week only.

1. Is it for sure that the menses will come in a few day time? I have PCOS as such a bit worry that it will not come on its own - It will definitely come, sooner or later..

2. My Nx doctor appt is on 29/7.... Was told that the June menses was for a break period... That means my July cycle should be able to do my next FET... Which means that by mid July I should be able to get my next menses (hopefully)... Nurse say that I can call them in July if my menses arrive before the doctor appt... But some ladies told me earlier that I need to wait for doctor review before I can start my next FET cycle... Any advise? I'm with KKH Yup, you are right. your doc will have to see you first before you go for your FET. This is to discuss if there is anything else he can up the chances of success, for example, endo scratching?

3. Was there any reason for my failure? Anything I can improve to make my next FET stand a higher chance? Nobody exactly knows why there is no BFP. It could be the chromosomal makeup, implantation issues etc.

if you are paying private rate, perhaps you should switch to the more popular ones. There must be a reason why they are so popular :) eg: Higher success rate etc

Gal sorry to hear that but at grading was it a grade 4 embryo? Also during the tww and after did u cramp n spot or all started last week only.
It was grade 3. FET at KKIVF. I didn't really have much feeling during the 2ww. The cramp and spotting came a few days after my positive BT. Went to KK 24 hour clinic and they said nothing they can do. Didn't even give me mc or jab. Mentally tortured for 11 days and saw heartbeat at scan at KKH. Then suddenly bleeding that night and the next day spotting. Went to O&G clinic at TMC and dr Loh saw the heartbeat and gave me a support jab. After just 7 days, no more heartbeat. The only explanation was that the embryo was abnormal and the body terminated the growth of it.

It was grade 3. FET at KKIVF. I didn't really have much feeling during the 2ww. The cramp and spotting came a few days after my positive BT. Went to KK 24 hour clinic and they said nothing they can do. Didn't even give me mc or jab. Mentally tortured for 11 days and saw heartbeat at scan at KKH. Then suddenly bleeding that night and the next day spotting. Went to O&G clinic at TMC and dr Loh saw the heartbeat and gave me a support jab. After just 7 days, no more heartbeat. The only explanation was that the embryo was abnormal and the body terminated the growth of it.
V sad to hear that gal. But you have one kid. Shower all your love and attention to the miracle you have. Many of us are struggling for the first. I saw that since you have utilize, grants you are not going to continue. Maybe you can do tcm and try natural. We never know when can strike.

sorry to hear about this news Aaom. Take some time to heal and prepare your body for the next cycle. Success awaits you!

Back