IVF/ICSI Support Group

Already out. Nothing they can see. Ectopic is still not ruled out. But thh explained within few days of MTX the hcg may rise. But I need to monitor further. So Saturday bt again. Sob sob.

Oh dear.... I read somewhere that there was this lady where her gynae dun see any gestational sac during U/S and he ruled out ectopic. Ended up, it is and had to do emergency surgery. I dun remember the specifics of this case but do monitor yourself to make sure no abdominal pain ok. Let's hope the HCG drops in your next BT.

Already out. Nothing they can see. Ectopic is still not ruled out. But thh explained within few days of MTX the hcg may rise. But I need to monitor further. So Saturday bt again. Sob sob.

Jiayou muff! It's really not easy.. we are here with u in spirit and in support!

Hey ladies, sorry for the late reply as I’ve been swamped with work & watching kdrama! Haha…ok, here goes for the list of things I did before, during and after 2ww. Infact, till now I’m still drinking home-brewed chicken essence thrice weekly. So I guess I would have ‘killed’ almost hundreds of black chicken & the smell does turn me off now but for the sake of babies, trust me, you would do anything for them.

Before 2ww (about 1-2 mths before cycle starts)
1. RBS cooked with black glutinous rice & 2 egg whites on alternate days as brekkie
2. LRD daily throughout the day as replacement for plain water
3. Black chicken soup on every weekends which I will put either LRD; or huaishan, blackbeans & small handful of wolfberries
4. Long pants & socks when sleeping at night
5. Soak feet in warm water on alternate days
6. No cold/cooling drinks/food
7. Sleep early (normally I’m in bed by 10.30pm or latest 11pm)

Note: No. 4, 6 & 7 I’ve been practicing this ever since I started seeing ttc. So it’s not too much of an issue. And I’ve also been seeing a TCM with consistent acupuncture sessions w/o fail. I also did endo scratch for this cycle 1 cycle prior to FET.

During 2ww
1. Bottled chicken essence daily every morning
2. RBS cooked with black glutinous rice & 2 egg whites daily as part of brekkie/snacks/tea break
3. LRD daily throughout the day as replacement for plain water
4. Black chicken soup with huaishan, blackbeans & small handful of wolfberries which I drink around lunch time
5 Home-made chicken essence on alternate days
6. Long pants & socks at home almost 24/7
7. No cold/cooling drinks/food
8. Watch a lot of Korean romance comedy
9. Stay happy, be a couch potato & sleep early at night
10. I still went back to my TCM (Dr Zhao @ RH) for a few post ET acupuncture sessions
11. I also went to the zsnn at Havelock road to pray instead of the TPY Shuanglin temple. Somehow the ‘switch’ works for me. I prayed the week before ET, after ET and during the 2ww & of coz after getting my results. Am still gg there periodically hoping zsnn will bless our babies with good health.

After 2ww
1. Continued with RBS cooked with black glutinous rice & home-made chicken essence on alternate days
2. Long pants & socks when sleeping at night
3. Still no cold/cooling drinks/food at all
4. Still continued with my sleep early routine

Also, I ended up taking full 2weeks of HL as I did go back to work on the 4th day post ET but the moment I was at office, I felt terrible. I feel very stressed up and unhappy! So I told my boss and I just took leave all the way. Coz my TCM could feel my pulse was weak too and advise me to stay hm and rest. So just exercise your own judgement; trust what’s good for yourself and go with your gut feel.

And TBH, my breakfast/brunch/lunch wasn’t exactly healthy during the 2ww. Coz I try to minimize walking so normally my hubby will da-bao mcdees or those economical beehoon for me with fried stuffs and even kfc porridge for me which I will eat for brunch before he leaves for work. Then in the afternoon when I’m hungry I will drink my chicken soup or eat RBS. Dinner I will have a better diet as my mum will cook.

I did go out the day after ET as I had to celebrate my nephew’s bday and the very next day met up with our frens for coffee that’s all. No hardcore walking or shopping etc. just take it easy.

But for the above menu, do consume knowing your own body's condition. Coz I have cooling body constitution but with those stuffs, I did develop heatiness towards the middle of my 2ww and my TCM ordered me to stop the bottled chicken essence immediately. I also gurgle my throat with salt water 4 times a day to rid the sore throat symptoms as I don't dare to take honey or any forms of medication. I only take safe fruits like apple, coz in one of my failed fresh cycles which resulted in a CP, I remember having kiwi and thereafter having cramps after that. The cramping stopped once I stopped eating it. Then did I realized that kiwi is actually cooling. But I know some sisters swear by kiwi so you really must understand your body and determine what’s suitable for you.

My TCM told me that our overall well-being and body constitution is very important. It’s not just about your womb/uterus we should focus only but your kidney, spleen and I forgot another organ. Coz u need to not only just be able to conceive, but be able to hold the baby inside your body at the end of the day.

And if u have immunity issues like me, do not take immunocal. Coz u need to bring down your immunity and not boost it further with supplements. Same for supplements. Do check with your gyne/doc instead of just consuming it blindly as you won't know if the effects will be detrimental instead.

Lastly, I don't believe in 'last min hug the buddha legs'. Body conditioning takes a while and not overnight after you binge eat and it will improve in a blink of an eyes. Yes, it's yucky to be eating the same old stuffs almost daily but it's really mind over body. Other than luck in this IVF journey, it's really all about perseverance & focus towards that goal.

Think that’s about it. Good luck ladies & to those on the journey here!! Don't stress yourself, stay positive and believe that your babies are coming to u real soon! The law of attraction does work wonders!

P/s: sorry for the super long post. :D
Thank u milogal! Super helpful! I'll start some of the things you've suggested. Agree with u that this is not a last min thing. I've also started with the long pants and socks since a while back.. Hope lady luck shines on us this time for our 3rd IVF... BTW, sorry for the noob question, what is LRD?

Thanks u milogal! Super helpful! I'll start some of the things you've suggested. Agree with u that this is not a last min thing. I've also started with the long pants and socks since a while back.. Hope lady luck shines on us this time for our 3rd IVF... BTW, sorry for the noob question, what is LRD?

LRD is longan red date tea.

Thank you girls for the reply

My first time 18eggs retrieved, 8 matured

Second time 11 eggs retrieved, 3 matured

Doctor did agree trigger was a bit early for second Ivf cos we only stimm for one week

So he says we will stimm longer the next round

But he says if next round , after stimm longer and results is the same, it means I have egg maturation problem which means I need donor eggs

:(

Doctor did agree trigger was a bit early for second Ivf cos we only stimm for one week

But he says if next round , after stimm longer and results is the same, it means I have egg maturation problem which means I need donor eggs

Perhaps can consider seeking 2nd opinion. From what I have seen, your percentage of matured eggs is not that drastically low and you do have a fair quantity of eggs retrieved and matured eggs. The stim protocol and timing of trigger jab is very critical and can make a difference in the response and result.

Hi @ttc77,
Don't be despair. Your results are way better than mine. Think dr is just wanna safe guard himself by giving you option for donor eggs in case you don't response will to the stim the next round. My both fresh cycles only retrieved 5 eggs. I have low ovarian reserve that's explain the no of eggs retrieved & managed to fertilize are so little. I managed to conceive on my 2nd cycle which was in 2013. How are the sizes of your eggs when they retrieved? Perhaps you wanna seek 2nd opinion?

Hi
Has anyone had egg maturation problem?

Dr Foong says my two Ivf cycles had Low eggs matured
He says he will try to change protocol next time . But if the results is the same after changing protocol, it means I have egg maturation problem and he says it is hereditary and that this is a rare condition
He suggests if I really have such a condition , it means my eggs won't work and need to find donor eggs overseas

I was so devastated I broke down in front of dr Foong

Does anyone here have the same problem
Can share with me if there is Any success and does it really mean the end of my ttc journey?

Dun't be discouraged yet. My SIL had more serious issues and the gynae even passed her a "death sentence". Told her to try adoption or even surrogacy overseas. Luckily she was determined and continued with her ivf journey. She is now a mother of 2 beautiful children. Even her ivf doc was surprised and happy for her after she bfp-ed with her first child. Her ivf docs are Dr SF Loh, (1st pregnancy) and Dr HH Tan (2nd pregnancy) by the way.

I think it is quite ok, you should focus on the fertilization rate. How's your fertilization rate? If your fertilization rate is high then it should be no problem. I usually stim for 10 days and my eggs ratio is as follows:

1st IVF - 38 eggs retrieved, 25 usable - 11 embryos only
2nd IVF - 25 eggs retrieved, 18 usable - 13 embryos poor quality
3rd IVF - 21 eggs retrieved, 11 usable - left 1 blast only
4 IVF - 22 eggs retrieved, 15 usable - 3 embryos only

So dont be disheartened. focus on fertilization or seek 2nd opinion

hi ladies, who is eating L-arginine supplements? can share which brand and where to get it?
Me, I bought from iherbs, sharing with my husband

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 229
Hi
Has anyone had egg maturation problem?

Dr Foong says my two Ivf cycles had Low eggs matured
He says he will try to change protocol next time . But if the results is the same after changing protocol, it means I have egg maturation problem and he says it is hereditary and that this is a rare condition
He suggests if I really have such a condition , it means my eggs won't work and need to find donor eggs overseas

I was so devastated I broke down in front of dr Foong

Does anyone here have the same problem
Can share with me if there is Any success and does it really mean the end of my ttc journey?

Please don't be discouraged dear! Sorry to all who have to hear the repeat of my story.

I had 14 eggs retrieved but only 1 was fertilized normally. Was so down and worried cos that embryo still has to be frozen cos my progesterone were high and Dr said have to do delayed transfer ie. FET. Dr couldn't tell me what went wrong but a possible explanation could be my severe endo and adenomyosis. I was almost going crazy waiting for the FET and they couldn't tell me if the one and only emrbyo survived the thaw until the day itself. I had to wait at the hospital and thankfully, they told me it survived. This golden embryo.. it not only survived the thaw.. it's 34 weeks old now! :) I'm due in a few more weeks.

So sisters, don't ever give up. You just need one. Just one. Don't be discouraged by numbers. Even if there's only 1, we have to try our best to 'tiao' our body and think positively.

helo everyone. Im starting my second fresh cycle in May. Took a long break after my first fresh failure in Dec. Now im drinking Vit C Redoxon, warm water, egg whites whenever possible. and chicken essence. I've stopped eatign COQ10, dont think its working for me. All it does is to make me very tired and sleepy.

Can i also check, how early do you ladies sleep before, during tww? I find myself hitting bed at 9pm. If you sleep too early then hubby leh? In my house its just me and my hubby, i feel guilty sleeping early with my hubby watching tv in the hall alone. Wondering if he would start doing things that i wouldnt want him to like online chat, online game addiction etc.

When i told my small boss i had to take 2 weeks mc after my 1st transfer, he asked me if i had to take the entire 2 weeks. Sian half. Dunno what he will say when i need to go for round 2. Havent told him yet. But i agree with you totally, baby is most impt. Work is just work.

i totally had the same reaction and question from my boss when i told her that i will be going for second IVF. She asked if i cld come back after taking 1 week mc. My HR doesnt allow such thing so i told my boss that if im given 2 weeks i must take it. Guess what my lady boss said? "Aiyah, HR no need to know you came back 2nd week., its an internal arrangement between you n me"???? Im like jaw drop. No way im going back during my HL.

Oh man ladies. Can I just say I'm having the worst month in this year? I went back for blood test after MTX jab. On sat hcg was 580. Today bt hcg is 2000+. Uterus no sac. Scan see nothing. Thh sent me for imaging ultrasound detailed scan. Still waiting for results. Anyone has been through the same odd case ? Sighs
I've been through this odd case. I got pregnant the 1st time round in 2012 but realised that it was ectopic (No sac, it was found in one of the tubes). Dr Charles Lim ordered an MTX jab, but the levels did not go down. Did a 2nd MTX jab, but that did not solve the problem though I was bleeding (brownish-purplish colours like iodine). Under him, I did 2 times of D/C but still the HcG levels remained. Finally, he suggested that I removed the infected tube. That's when the problem is completed solved.

Hope so. 2500 + hcg I wonder how drastic can it stop. If can't drop and continue to rise plus scans can't see anything I have to take second MTX. Sian
Do take note that MTX will have negative effects on your health, like killing red blood cells, hence, you will be more susceptible to infections.

I just found out that both my tubes are blocked. Feeling so down at the moment.
What happens after this? Is there a surgery to unblock the tubes?
There is a surgery to clear out the tubes, though not 100%. So there will be a chance of ectopic pregnancy (embryo getting stuck in one of the tubes) in the future.

I've been through this odd case. I got pregnant the 1st time round in 2012 but realised that it was ectopic (No sac, it was found in one of the tubes). Dr Charles Lim ordered an MTX jab, but the levels did not go down. Did a 2nd MTX jab, but that did not solve the problem though I was bleeding (brownish-purplish colours like iodine). Under him, I did 2 times of D/C but still the HcG levels remained. Finally, he suggested that I removed the infected tube. That's when the problem is completed solved.
Finally someone who has been through this. oh no, it seems so similar. So far no bleeding for me and i went for so many detailed scans ,found nothing..................... I also have no sac visible. How did you find out the sac was in the tube?? If you have no sac, then why do you need to do D/C? what did you clear??

I am really trying to get a closure here.....

Do take note that MTX will have negative effects on your health, like killing red blood cells, hence, you will be more susceptible to infections.
I know...... he told me before so I am trying to be careful on being sick... The last option I would want is to go for op, i did it once removed my left tube already. If i really go this drastic i will be tubeless.

I remember reading through the forum about some supplement to improve the quality of the egg, may I ask the experienced sisters here what is the name of the supplement and where can I buy it from? Is it available in KK OTC?
I heard so much raves on the acupuncture at Dr Zou at Ang mo kio. Is it Dr Zou Yu Min? May I also ask the purpose of acupuncture especially during tww?

I have failed in my 1st FET so I have to further improve my body constitution!

Many thanks!

Finally someone who has been through this. oh no, it seems so similar. So far no bleeding for me and i went for so many detailed scans ,found nothing..................... I also have no sac visible. How did you find out the sac was in the tube?? If you have no sac, then why do you need to do D/C? what did you clear??

I am really trying to get a closure here.....

Cos Charles Lim searched for the sac in the womb, everywhere that can be scanned, but couldn't find anything, so he concluded that it's in one of the tubes especially when it was painful when he pressed on one side of the abdomen. Being a first-timer, I had no idea what's there to clear when he proposed D/C (2 times somemore!) I regret not seeking for a 2nd opinion and I urged that you should seek for a 2nd opinion to prevent further damage. D/C thins your uterine lining and in the event if you are going for IVF after this ordeal, this may be a disadvantage as you need min 8mm uterine lining for good implantation.

I know...... he told me before so I am trying to be careful on being sick... The last option I would want is to go for op, i did it once removed my left tube already. If i really go this drastic i will be tubeless.
Actually tubeless tubeless lo, I am also tubeless :p

When one tube is affected, chances of the other tube not being healthy (Read on hydrosalphinx) is high, so it will affect your IVF success.
Since you have decided to go through IVF, why not maximise the success?

Cos Charles Lim searched for the sac in the womb, everywhere that can be scanned, but couldn't find anything, so he concluded that it's in one of the tubes especially when it was painful when he pressed on one side of the abdomen. Being a first-timer, I had no idea what's there to clear when he proposed D/C (2 times somemore!) I regret not seeking for a 2nd opinion and I urged that you should seek for a 2nd opinion to prevent further damage. D/C thins your uterine lining and in the event if you are going for IVF after this ordeal, this may be a disadvantage as you need min 8mm uterine lining for good implantation.
I am not going to let anyone D/C me if no sac is seen. I have also scanned every possible area but found nothing. When they pressed my right tube, I dont feel extensive pains still so I am not sure what is going on. Current diagnosis, either Ectopic ( can be anywhere) or persistent chemical pregnancy.

I will have to go back BT tomorrow. if levels rise, will have 2nd jab but prefer to jab and try than to go op... I also thought of 2nd opinion but being gone through ectopic before, there is really minimum to do unless I go for key hole surgery to find the pregnancy which may be a chemical and find nothing. SO TONG KU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually tubeless tubeless lo, I am also tubeless :p

When one tube is affected, chances of the other tube not being healthy (Read on hydrosalphinx) is high, so it will affect your IVF success.
Since you have decided to go through IVF, why not maximise the success?

I just read that!! so qiao! I now then realize that if a defective tube is present, it maybe affecting the success rates. Is that why I keep failing cycles after cycles! Im going mad. Dont know why they like to float to the tube to implant. Why would they think the tube is more conducive!

I thought if have tube can have chances of natural. But i can tell you I have tried when I am resting between cycles but all no success.

I just read that!! so qiao! I now then realize that if a defective tube is present, it maybe affecting the success rates. Is that why I keep failing cycles after cycles! Im going mad. Dont know why they like to float to the tube to implant. Why would they think the tube is more conducive!
Ya lor, so seriously, do you think jab is better than op? I don't think so.

Cos no point keep failing until you finally go for the removal of the tube. Time & tide wait for no woman especially when it comes to IVF - the age of the eggs is important, your overall health condition is also important.

Ya lor, so seriously, do you think jab is better than op? I don't think so.

Cos no point keep failing until you finally go for the removal of the tube. Time & tide wait for no woman especially when it comes to IVF - the age of the eggs is important, your overall health condition is also important.
I dont know eh, the op i had last time left me really weak... but i was also on verge of rupture and internal bleeding. Quite traumatizing. hopefully, the hcg just drops tomorrow........ though its really my wishful thinking. I will brainstorm with the doc tomorrow. Honestly, this is my 3rd doc liao. ahha

I dont know eh, the op i had last time left me really weak... but i was also on verge of rupture and internal bleeding. Quite traumatizing. hopefully, the hcg just drops tomorrow........ though its really my wishful thinking. I will brainstorm with the doc tomorrow. Honestly, this is my 3rd doc liao. ahha
All private docs or government docs?

1st IVF - LC Cheng TMC with CARE
2nd IVF - SF Loh - TFC with TFC lab
3rd IVF - LC Cheng TMC with Mt E lab
4th IVF - Tan Heng Hao KKH

If this is a career profile, I would be soaring. :D

Can I know why you keep changing doctors? And are all the cycles you do all fresh ones?

1st IVF - LC Cheng TMC with CARE
2nd IVF - SF Loh - TFC with TFC lab
3rd IVF - LC Cheng TMC with Mt E lab
4th IVF - Tan Heng Hao KKH

If this is a career profile, I would be soaring. :D
Eh, IVF is a trial & error thingy, if you hop from docs to docs, it's very hard for either one to "personalise" the best treatment for you.

Can I know why you keep changing doctors? And are all the cycles you do all fresh ones?

well, I changed to SF loh in 2nd cycle is just purely I want to try to change my luck and change lab. I changed back to LC Cheng because LC is a better doc for me than SF. I had a horrible disaster retrieval experience with SF loh on EC day. I changed from LC to Dr Tan is because, I realized LC and SF are quite conservative in my treatments though I keep pushing to try new protocols and different stuff but they maintained using the same protocols on me. I already sort of know my issue, and want to change something new.

Going to KKh is really my last resort and I actually didnt want to push for anything as I feel they are all the same. Just wanted to use the co-fund but to my surprise, Dr Tan actually reviewed my case and changed my protocol and did diff protocols on me.

Eh, IVF is a trial & error thingy, if you hop from docs to docs, it's very hard for either one to "personalise" the best treatment for you.

I beg to differ actually... the 2nd one was really a try to change my luck, so I though ok I am going back to LC and trial and error 2nd time. after going back to LC, i feel that he is overly conservative and doesnt want to run tests and help to change protocols. to me, it doesnt help at all while I am exploring very hard on myself what can be improved and what could be the possibility. Sometimes, we trust Doctors too much but Doctors sometimes only wants to stay safe and do their job, I trust my instincts and only we can understand ourselves better. I have pointed to him that 1st and 2nd cycle we are already using pure FSH jabs, maybe we should change to reduce the over response of the eggs as it produced crappy eggs. He feels we shd stay on Gonal as we had good results on egg quantity. he is afraid the results will be different.

I beg to differ actually... the 2nd one was really a try to change my luck, so I though ok I am going back to LC and trial and error 2nd time. after going back to LC, i feel that he is overly conservative and doesnt want to run tests and help to change protocols. to me, it doesnt help at all while I am exploring very hard on myself what can be improved and what could be the possibility. Sometimes, we trust Doctors too much but Doctors sometimes only wants to stay safe and do their job, I trust my instincts and only we can understand ourselves better. I have pointed to him that 1st and 2nd cycle we are already using pure FSH jabs, maybe we should change to reduce the over response of the eggs as it produced crappy eggs. He feels we shd stay on Gonal as we had good results on egg quantity. he is afraid the results will be different.
Ok, you know your condition the best, good luck!

well, I changed to SF loh in 2nd cycle is just purely I want to try to change my luck and change lab. I changed back to LC Cheng because LC is a better doc for me than SF. I had a horrible disaster retrieval experience with SF loh on EC day. I changed from LC to Dr Tan is because, I realized LC and SF are quite conservative in my treatments though I keep pushing to try new protocols and different stuff but they maintained using the same protocols on me. I already sort of know my issue, and want to change something new.

Going to KKh is really my last resort and I actually didnt want to push for anything as I feel they are all the same. Just wanted to use the co-fund but to my surprise, Dr Tan actually reviewed my case and changed my protocol and did diff protocols on me.

Actually for my kkh is first instinct choice because it is the biggest and most people go there, so shouldn't go wrong right. But then there are also people who say private hospitals are better. And it depends on your luck and the doctor's luck. If skillful and experience doctor but no luck with you also no use. All these consideration are making me confused...

Actually for my kkh is first instinct choice because it is the biggest and most people go there, so shouldn't go wrong right. But then there are also people who say private hospitals are better. And it depends on your luck and the doctor's luck. If skillful and experience doctor but no luck with you also no use. All these consideration are making me confused...
actually what you said is correct. After going to KKh, i really realized that their facilities is the best compared to private clinics. Doctors wise, I feel THH is very knowledgeable and experienced. Of course going to private has the advantages of skipping the long wait to get started on IVf, and the scans are personalized by the doc itself instead of scanning by radiologist in KK. Then you also have more time with your doc to discuss anything. Lab wise, I think KKH lab is not bad. Alot of ppl is there is also because of the Co-funding lol.:D

so, trust yourself!

i totally had the same reaction and question from my boss when i told her that i will be going for second IVF. She asked if i cld come back after taking 1 week mc. My HR doesnt allow such thing so i told my boss that if im given 2 weeks i must take it. Guess what my lady boss said? "Aiyah, HR no need to know you came back 2nd week., its an internal arrangement between you n me"???? Im like jaw drop. No way im going back during my HL.
I think its vv hard when ur boss is not supportive. Already vv hard going for the frequent scans and then still have to go back to work. I also told my boss directly that i want to listen to my doctor's orders and rest. The best thing is his only kid was also conceived via ivf.

Haha I had a different thinking back then honestly. I'm always skeptical of govt hospitals for some reasons. Yet, going to pte is going to cost a bomb. Indeed, pte u'll have more personalized care & you can find the doc easily. So that's also explains why I keep trying IUI/SO-IUIs instead and wasted precious time. So I'm very thankful for my friend whom sat me down and assured me, going through the process and procedures step by step with me and recommending her doc, Dr Tan HH. I kinda became enlightened that very day and fix an appointment to see him the very next day! haha....oh, and yes, it makes more sense to be tapping on the govt grant. And *touchwood*, my experience with KKH so far isn't that bad actually.

Haha I had a different thinking back then honestly. I'm always skeptical of govt hospitals for some reasons. Yet, going to pte is going to cost a bomb. Indeed, pte u'll have more personalized care & you can find the doc easily. So that's also explains why I keep trying IUI/SO-IUIs instead and wasted precious time. So I'm very thankful for my friend whom sat me down and assured me, going through the process and procedures step by step with me and recommending her doc, Dr Tan HH. I kinda became enlightened that very day and fix an appointment to see him the very next day! haha....oh, and yes, it makes more sense to be tapping on the govt grant. And *touchwood*, my experience with KKH so far isn't that bad actually.

@red.koi.junie - I also had the same skeptical thinking. I feel gov hospitals suck, doctors there sucks and everything is wait wait wait. hahahaha except for the wait is true, the rest not really true ahahha! :D

actually what you said is correct. After going to KKh, i really realized that their facilities is the best compared to private clinics. Doctors wise, I feel THH is very knowledgeable and experienced. Of course going to private has the advantages of skipping the long wait to get started on IVf, and the scans are personalized by the doc itself instead of scanning by radiologist in KK. Then you also have more time with your doc to discuss anything. Lab wise, I think KKH lab is not bad. Alot of ppl is there is also because of the Co-funding lol.:D

so, trust yourself!

Actually it would have been a straight forward case of my gynae is still with kkh, but he is now with TFC. We did IUI at KKH and strike first time, so perhaps KKH is a lucky place for us. I dunno my luck is with my gynae or kkh... So I went back to my gynae and we thought we can just do IUI again, but now we can't due to even lower sperm count so my gynae is pushing us to do IVF @ TFC. But there will be no govt co-funding, and seriously my dr is getting a bit too pushy for our comfort.

So dilemma.. Already spent quite a lot at TFC on the pre-IVF tests.

Actually luck or not, really depends on how positive you are. If you think that this doc can create miracles for you, you will succeed. If you half-heartedly feel that he should be ok, success is only 50-50.

Actually it would have been a straight forward case of my gynae is still with kkh, but he is now with TFC. We did IUI at KKH and strike first time, so perhaps KKH is a lucky place for us. I dunno my luck is with my gynae or kkh... So I went back to my gynae and we thought we can just do IUI again, but now we can't due to even lower sperm count so my gynae is pushing us to do IVF @ TFC. But there will be no govt co-funding, and seriously my dr is getting a bit too pushy for our comfort.

So dilemma.. Already spent quite a lot at TFC on the pre-IVF tests.
Actually u can bring ur records and test results to kkh and dont have to re-do the test. Unless they are past the 1yr timeline for bloodtest (6mths for hiv), then have to do again. Thats what i did when i switch gynae from tmc to kkh.

I was also vv skeptical of govt hospitals. But i must say kkh really changed my view. The nurses at kkivf centre and clinic D are super patient, encouraging and supportive. Sooo different from the nurses at my previous 2 gynaes at tmc. The process is also very structured. My only grouse is the waiting time.

Me too, I was very skeptical about KKH - I thought only cheapskates go there (YES, I was damn bad! I realised my mistake) until I got a bad experience from Mount E (which initially I thought they should have the best docs and facilities). Usually for private docs, they are a one-man show. They scan, do everything for you and you feel that wow, it's so personalised. BUT, slowly you start to catch them constantly looking at the clock (consultation goes by blocks of minutes) and when you need to do to level 2 to do the blood tests and come up again or when you realised their ultrasound machines are not so advanced afterall and the worst is when things go wrong, they try to cover their mistakes with more mistakes and even charge you exorbitant prices for their errors. Ultimately, they have to take into consideration their rent, salaries to their assistants who doubled up as receptionists, as assistants, as pharmacists. So the focus is no longer the patient, if you know what I mean.

Back