IVF/ICSI Support Group

I agree. It feels like such a lonely journey sometimes that u just need someone to talk to. Now i talk to my hubby only, luckily he understands altho i can see him switching off sometimes when i talk abt it. And i have to admit that this has affected my friendships with a few close friends altho i try and think that i shdnt expect to much from them.

Don't feel lonely. My IVF journey was super low profile too... Till date only my hubby, my Bff and my sister know about it.... my hubby is completely like a listening ear who don't do research... I am the one who are always filling him info and he just acknowledge and "OK". My Bff and Sister don ask mainly because they are also unsure about the journey... and they do not wish to add on to any stress to me... So unless I mention they will always avoid the topic on pregnancy when we are together....

But I have seek a lot of knowledge this forum where there are so many of us with different condition. Don't feel lonely about it... A simple click to PM the friends here will add on to a listen ear u need....

Hi ladies, update is hcg is still going up. We've decided to take the MTX jab. Hope to have some closure soon. At least I don't have to keep monitoring myself. Have to do the blood test game again next Thursday.
Dear Muff... so sorry to hear that. Hugs.
Please take good care and nurse yourself back to health. U are one strong lady. Wishing you the very best for your next cycle. Jiayou jiayou!

Dear all,

I got pregnant via SO-IUI first try at KKH (under subsidized class but once at ivf centre the charges are no longer subsidized, can only use CPF) and my boy is now 18 months old. Now finally have courage to try for another one.

I continued with Dr Steven Teo for my pregnancy (switched to private class after 20weeks preg) so i went to him earlier this year at TMC (he resigned from kkh to start his own clinic). After running blood test and semen analysis, he told us that we can't do IUI because of low sperm count, success rate for IUI is low. He run additional tests like ultrasound of my husband's testes, additional blood tests on his hormones etc to check for abnormalities (which my husband felt horrified imagine someone scanning your balls). Throughout the process he kept pushing us to do IVF and freezing of my husband's sperm (note: we were advised that he do not have a super low sperm count yet he keep pushing us to store just in case). I was disappointed as I have a feeling that he was out to earn money once he left kkh.

On another hand, my husband and myself were pissed off by the facilities at TMC, lab waiting time was longer than KKH. The staff weren't exactly friendly and helpful. If we were to do IVF at TMC, we won't qualify for the Govt Grant too.

I am now contemplating going back to KKIVF centre. I read online that KKIVF have a higher successful rate than TMC, not sure is it because they have more patients. But I believe in luck too, that Dr Steven Teo should be more lucky since I was under him when doing IUI (note: he didn't do the insemmination, once at KKIVF centre, the MOs will do for you, but he ordered the procedure)

Any advise on what I should do? At KKIVF can we choose the doctor to do Egg retrieval and embryo transfer?

By the way, regarding last minute urgent leave, I also did the same during my IUI as I didn't want anyone to know. Nobody knew until I told my boss when I am pregnant. Lucky my bosses didn't question me, maybe because it was end of the year and less taxing. Coincidentally, I have to tel my boss because my another colleague was pregnant too! When I found out I have already started my cycle and there is no turn back. So I fee the need to explain to my boss that I didn't get pregnant on purpose ( she is those type who believe you get what you planned, but this is not true for us isn't it...)

Dear all,

I got pregnant via SO-IUI first try at KKH (under subsidized class but once at ivf centre the charges are no longer subsidized, can only use CPF) and my boy is now 18 months old. Now finally have courage to try for another one.

I continued with Dr Steven Teo for my pregnancy (switched to private class after 20weeks preg) so i went to him earlier this year at TMC (he resigned from kkh to start his own clinic). After running blood test and semen analysis, he told us that we can't do IUI because of low sperm count, success rate for IUI is low. He run additional tests like ultrasound of my husband's testes, additional blood tests on his hormones etc to check for abnormalities (which my husband felt horrified imagine someone scanning your balls). Throughout the process he kept pushing us to do IVF and freezing of my husband's sperm (note: we were advised that he do not have a super low sperm count yet he keep pushing us to store just in case). I was disappointed as I have a feeling that he was out to earn money once he left kkh.

On another hand, my husband and myself were pissed off by the facilities at TMC, lab waiting time was longer than KKH. The staff weren't exactly friendly and helpful. If we were to do IVF at TMC, we won't qualify for the Govt Grant too.

I am now contemplating going back to KKIVF centre. I read online that KKIVF have a higher successful rate than TMC, not sure is it because they have more patients. But I believe in luck too, that Dr Steven Teo should be more lucky since I was under him when doing IUI (note: he didn't do the insemmination, once at KKIVF centre, the MOs will do for you, but he ordered the procedure)

Any advise on what I should do? At KKIVF can we choose the doctor to do Egg retrieval and embryo transfer?

By the way, regarding last minute urgent leave, I also did the same during my IUI as I didn't want anyone to know. Nobody knew until I told my boss when I am pregnant. Lucky my bosses didn't question me, maybe because it was end of the year and less taxing. Coincidentally, I have to tel my boss because my another colleague was pregnant too! When I found out I have already started my cycle and there is no turn back. So I fee the need to explain to my boss that I didn't get pregnant on purpose ( she is those type who believe you get what you planned, but this is not true for us isn't it...)
Can't really comment much about Dr Steven Teo. But sorry to hear your experience. Perhaps a second opinion might be better if you don't feel comfortable with Dr Teo now.

For private patient in KKH, the doctor that you choose will do the ER and ET procedure for you. The ultrasound scan will be done by sonographer (not your doctor) and the review by doctor on duty (not your doctor). Some are not comfortable with others doing the scan and reviews other than your chosen doctor. I'm fine with it since I believe they know what they are doing and if your case is difficult, they would probably consult your doctor (although I don't have experience in it). My IVF experience with KKIVF has been pleasant and I feel they are systematic and have pretty good process in place (but I have not try other hospitals or clinics so you might also wait for others to comment). Dr Tan Heng Hao is a popular doctor in KKIVF. All the best in your journey.

Jia you sisters, we are all lone warriors but not so lonely here.

I am going for my 3rd cycle in maybe 3 months' time. How do you all plan to prepare for your next journey?

Hope2016

Thanks for your reply. I know about the scanning and review part as I think it is the same for IUI.

Any idea why is dr tan popular? Because of high success rate? Does the doctor's skills in transferring the embryos matters?

Jia you sisters, we are all lone warriors but not so lonely here.

I am going for my 3rd cycle in maybe 3 months' time. How do you all plan to prepare for your next journey?
My 2nd cycle should be in 3 months time too. Waiting for the clinic to call me on schedule. I started accupuncture, and taking more supplements (vit c, e, dhea, on top of coq10 and prenatal vits).

Don't feel lonely. My IVF journey was super low profile too... Till date only my hubby, my Bff and my sister know about it.... my hubby is completely like a listening ear who don't do research... I am the one who are always filling him info and he just acknowledge and "OK". My Bff and Sister don ask mainly because they are also unsure about the journey... and they do not wish to add on to any stress to me... So unless I mention they will always avoid the topic on pregnancy when we are together....

But I have seek a lot of knowledge this forum where there are so many of us with different condition. Don't feel lonely about it... A simple click to PM the friends here will add on to a listen ear u need....
Thanks aaom! My hubby also same same, he just listen to my research and try to do what i say, but not always.

My 2nd cycle should be in 3 months time too. Waiting for the clinic to call me on schedule. I started accupuncture, and taking more supplements (vit c, e, dhea, on top of coq10 and prenatal vits).
I'm considering new cycle in 3 mths too. Maybe we can cycle together !!

Good good, maybe we can be cycle buddy :)

Where are you doing your acupuncture? Not sure whether to continue as it did not seem to work for me. I am also taking more supplements such as royal jelly, dhea, pre-natal multivitamins, CoQ10, folic acid, L-arginine etc, like every hour also popping pills haha

Where are you doing your acupuncture? Not sure whether to continue as it did not seem to work for me. I am also taking more supplements such as royal jelly, dhea, pre-natal multivitamins, CoQ10, folic acid, L-arginine etc, like every hour also popping pills haha
Me me! Cycle buddiesss!

I'm also taking Royal jelly folic and vit c, d only. Where did you get the L arginine? Accupunture also don't seems to work for me. Co10 I've tried before. Like no use lei

Me me! Cycle buddiesss!

I'm also taking Royal jelly folic and vit c, d only. Where did you get the L arginine? Accupunture also don't seems to work for me. Co10 I've tried before. Like no use lei
I buy from iherbs :) cheaper. May I ask why you take vit d? As a separate one other than those ingredient in multivitamin? Ya, I guess the scare of poking so many needles might add as a stress to my body so am stopping this cycle and see how it goes

I buy from iherbs :) cheaper. May I ask why you take vit d? As a separate one other than those ingredient in multivitamin? Ya, I guess the scare of poking so many needles might add as a stress to my body so am stopping this cycle and see how it goes
I was deficient in D after one generic blood test showed. So I eat C and D separate. Multi vit to me is scary. I don't know what I lack and what I need so afraid to overload. Those for sure I'm eating all separate tabs.

iherbs is online shop?

Yeah cycle buddies!

Im seeing tcm zou yu min at amk. Are you all taking the tcm meds? I really hate drinking it. Ya lor, first time in my whole life that im taking so many supplements. Oh ya i also take r-alpha-lipoic acid.

I was deficient in D after one generic blood test showed. So I eat C and D separate. Multi vit to me is scary. I don't know what I lack and what I need so afraid to overload. Those for sure I'm eating all separate tabs.

iherbs is online shop?
Oic, good that you know where to target, I don't know what is lacking in me so I just wack as much as I can to improve egg health.

Ya, you can order online, they ship from USA so will receive in one week's time.

Yeah cycle buddies!

Im seeing tcm zou yu min at amk. Are you all taking the tcm meds? I really hate drinking it. Ya lor, first time in my whole life that im taking so many supplements. Oh ya i also take r-alpha-lipoic acid.
I did acupuncture with her for my last cycle and also took her med but I did not see any changes. Still uncertain if I want to do acupuncture again, I miss her a lot leh, like to hear her do her consultation and learn from her experience :) Her acupuncture works for my husband only leh.

Are you advise by your doc to take r-alpha-lipoic acid?

I did acupuncture with her for my last cycle and also took her med but I did not see any changes. Still uncertain if I want to do acupuncture again, I miss her a lot leh, like to hear her do her consultation and learn from her experience :) Her acupuncture works for my husband only leh.

Are you advise by your doc to take r-alpha-lipoic acid?
How do u know it works for your husband? I asked my hubby to do accu tog but he refused.

My doc din recommend but when i asked him, he said its ok to take. I read this book "it starts with the egg" which talks abt how to improve egg quality and this was mentioned.

Dear all,

Hi. I was TFC patient but I was with Dr Loh SF not Dr Steven Teo. I have been through 3 fresh and 2 fets till I succeeded last Dec. My experience at TFC has always been pleasant at the environment, with doc, Nurses and even embryologists and I didn't encounter worse waiting time than at KK though. My hubby as extremely severe sperm quality issues - count, concentration and morphology all below par when we started though we did see improvement except morphology over the cycles we did. However my hubby wasn't told to store his sperms or do additional blood tests for chromosomal issues, and definitely no additional urologic exams/scans. I have a Friend couple who actually changed to TFC under dr Loh from sgh after failing 2 ivfs. They are still in the process at TFC and heard her hubby had to do these additional tests too but she understood from doc that its because of her hubby's severe sperm quality issue and repeated poor quality embryos despite ICSI.

I think going through ART is a close partnership with the doc so ultimately it is important that you seek a doc whom you feel comfortable with else the negative rapport won't make things better. Many ladies at kk as private patient get to choose doc though the scans will not be done by your chosen doc. Dr THH is highly recommended doc at kk which you may like to consider. All the best!

How do u know it works for your husband? I asked my hubby to do accu tog but he refused.

My doc din recommend but when i asked him, he said its ok to take. I read this book "it starts with the egg" which talks abt how to improve egg quality and this was mentioned.
During ET, embryologist did mention that the binding to the culture dish and volume was higher than the first cycle, so I guess he has improved more than me lo since we took almost the same supp and same tcm. Otherwise, you can ask him to take tcm med to 补肾,both tcm that I went to prescribe med for this so that can produce better sperm.

Did you buy the book from Amazon also?

Yes I highly recommend this book too. It was one of my basis for the supplements I chose to take to support my ivf journey

During ET, embryologist did mention that the binding to the culture dish and volume was higher than the first cycle, so I guess he has improved more than me lo since we took almost the same supp and same tcm. Otherwise, you can ask him to take tcm med to 补肾,both tcm that I went to prescribe med for this so that can produce better sperm.

Did you buy the book from Amazon also?
I see. Dont think i can persuade him to take tcm meds. But anyway seems more like my prob.

I got it from open trolley bookstore. Think book depository may have too. But shipping took 2-3 weeks.

it seems like alot of us have egg quality issues but i also wonder if the stimulation jabs does play a part for the quality too. For me, I see that pure FSH jabs doesnt work that well. I have better response from FHS+LH jabs .... the book seems interesting @DawnBB and @rainbowdream will get it!

it seems like alot of us have egg quality issues but i also wonder if the stimulation jabs does play a part for the quality too. For me, I see that pure FSH jabs doesnt work that well. I have better response from FHS+LH jabs .... the book seems interesting @DawnBB and @rainbowdream will get it!
Oh yah I recall that my last fresh cycle which I had my best response when dr Loh tried Gonal F and added a Low dose Pergoveris (which has LH composition) mid way of my short protocol stim. My worst response was when I did Long protocol with Puregon plus Menopur. I saw dr Loh also sells saizen at his private clinic but not sure if he has used this for any Ivf protocols for any patients. Then again, I think everyone will respond differently to a given protocol and sometimes it takes trial and error to see what works while some get lucky strike the first time, but not me lah

My hormone test showed excellent results for my eggs but only when started Ivf then realised age really impacts on egg quality de. I had many eggs retrieved and great looking embryos but didn't implant till after 5 transfers. So if doc suggests do fresh to accumulate eggs when younger, it's a worthwhile strategy to consider too

I have used puregon, gonal f, menopur, saizen n long n short protocol before but it didn't work. Sometimes I just feel that the most basic of med is already enough to bring out your eggs. I believe every cycle our batch of eggs are different and to get one golden out of bad ones is luck too. I managed to get preg naturally after failing so many cycles though it end in mc but was happy that my egg can finally implant which I have been wondering why after every failed cycle. I was obsessed with changing med n adding Progestrone support just to make it stick. I am now preg with my countless cycle so hope to encourage U.

I have used puregon, gonal f, menopur, saizen n long n short protocol before but it didn't work. Sometimes I just feel that the most basic of med is already enough to bring out your eggs. I believe every cycle our batch of eggs are different and to get one golden out of bad ones is luck too. I managed to get preg naturally after failing so many cycles though it end in mc but was happy that my egg can finally implant which I have been wondering why after every failed cycle. I was obsessed with changing med n adding Progestrone support just to make it stick. I am now preg with my countless cycle so hope to encourage U.
Congrats sis :) are pregnant with twins?

Did you strike the cycle after your ivf?

Does your hubby eat any supplements?
My hubby refused to do accu and seeing tcm as he don't have the patient to wait for his turn and he's more into western med than Chinese med. My hubby has poor morphology and I'm thinking of asking him to take some supplements to improve his sperm quality as he's slready 40 plus flying often for his biz trips.

Hilo Sisters here, anyone has tried endo scratch b4? Is the process painful and how long is the procedure? Does one need to go thru sedation too? :)
No sedation needed, the doc will scratch 3 lines which I don't feel pain. The painful part should be the speculum to open up vagina like what they do during ET.

No sedation needed, the doc will scratch 3 lines which I don't feel pain. The painful part should be the speculum to open up vagina like what they do during ET.
ehhhh if you already have triple lining can you still scratch? I always have triple lining before transfers but.. always BFN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Does your hubby eat any supplements?
My hubby refused to do accu and seeing tcm as he don't have the patient to wait for his turn and he's more into western med than Chinese med. My hubby has poor morphology and I'm thinking of asking him to take some supplements to improve his sperm quality as he's slready 40 plus flying often for his biz trips.
My hubby also believe more in western med. Actually me too, but getting desperate liao. Will try anything. Haha. Hes only taking multivits. Thinking to start him on coq10 too, its supposed to help sperm quality too.

I know this question have been asked alot of time. Would like to know what type of diet or food should i take and avoid during 2ww? TiA!!!

Congrats! Do u mind sharing how many cycles u did, and ur age?

ehhhh if you already have triple lining can you still scratch? I always have triple lining before transfers but.. always BFN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
I think can ba coz I oso hv triple lining. My doc think I hv implantation issue so suggested I scratched to create the unevenness on the uterus wall, but I oso din succeed :(

Hi. I was TFC patient but I was with Dr Loh SF not Dr Steven Teo. I have been through 3 fresh and 2 fets till I succeeded last Dec. My experience at TFC has always been pleasant at the environment, with doc, Nurses and even embryologists and I didn't encounter worse waiting time than at KK though. My hubby as extremely severe sperm quality issues - count, concentration and morphology all below par when we started though we did see improvement except morphology over the cycles we did. However my hubby wasn't told to store his sperms or do additional blood tests for chromosomal issues, and definitely no additional urologic exams/scans. I have a Friend couple who actually changed to TFC under dr Loh from sgh after failing 2 ivfs. They are still in the process at TFC and heard her hubby had to do these additional tests too but she understood from doc that its because of her hubby's severe sperm quality issue and repeated poor quality embryos despite ICSI.

I think going through ART is a close partnership with the doc so ultimately it is important that you seek a doc whom you feel comfortable with else the negative rapport won't make things better. Many ladies at kk as private patient get to choose doc though the scans will not be done by your chosen doc. Dr THH is highly recommended doc at kk which you may like to consider. All the best!

Hi thanks for your reply. The complication is that my husband currently has kidney stones now and we are not sure if the medication he is taking now affects his sperm quality. It was around 6 in 2013 and now is 2 (normal should be 15 and heard that need to be at least 5 for IUI). Furthermore he has obesity issues.

But after the very traumatic scan (for him, i admit that I had to endure very hard to stop giggling during the scan), we confirmed that his testes are of normal size and no abnormal growth inside.

I wonder if the doctor's skills actually makes a difference?

And also, I heard that after transfer need to have bed rest for 5 days? Now not required?

Jia you jia you

By the way, any sisters tried pineapple core? I read that it helps in implantation but I did not dare to try thinking that it is pineapple

Thanks ger. Tdy I 10dp3dt. Tested the HPT kit tdy but result showed negative. So I guess this cycle I fail again. I think next cycle I wana try the pineapple core after ET liao.

Hmm why tcm medicine has to be avoided during 2ww? My tcm asked me to start taking the tcm medicine immediately after ET.

Please share your thoughts. Thks.

@jtsy I guess maybe different TCM practitioners bah. :p My TCM told me to stop eating TCM medicine after ET. So I totally stop eating it during my 2ww. In addition, my husband got read online b4 that itz best to stop eating TCM during 2ww also. Perhaps u may wish to check with yr IVF dr and also TCM practitioner for more details ya. :)

Back