IVF/ICSI Support Group

I think tsf meant trying to conceive naturally before the start of suppression jab. But tsf it will be quite risky cos if u conceived naturally, u may not know until 14 days later. But in between this 14 days u will need to start your lucrin jab and the jab will be harmful to the developing embryo. That's why the hospital ask us to have protected sex.

Tsf when are u starting your next fresh?
Yes hopeful13, u interpreted correctly. I still wonder y my tcm ask me to try... Hmm... Anyway I should start Stim in July ba...

agree that the chat group like turning quiet.
hence shall share my journey. 1st IVF cycle aborted transfer due to OHSS. did FET, BFN in May/Jun.
called KK and asked for immediately in Jun. don't wanna wait for Jun consultation and then do FET in Jul. don't like to wait. want to chop chop race against the clock.

sorry mesara. was happy for you and sulking about my own BFN and felt depressed until didn't wanna talk in forums.
but then again, gg for new FET this month, likely next week, so feel some hope again. yet again don't dare to have too much hope...
take care. tiao back the body to be healthy and never give up...

question: 2nd FET considered as 1 subsidized cycle from govt? i probably got subsidized for 1st IVF. don't know the FET considered as a separate cycle??? and will this FET 2nd FET cycle? so out of 3 IVF 3 FET subsidized cycles, i'm have used 1 IVF and using my 2nd FET cycle this month???

Wondersss, if not wrong, during stim our ovaries swell up and worry that intensive exercise may result in the Fallopian tube and ovary tangled (something like that). So best not to do intensive exercise. Walking is better .. :)
Ok.. noted although i just did yoga last week but should be fine at the moment.

Heh short protocol.

But I'm on more days of duphaston so that it can fit schedule.. Will stop med on 21st June, expected D2 is 26th June.. Ur abt 3 weeks ahead of me! :) all the best!!
Thanks!! trying to be more positive and looking forward to this friday scan..
More days of duphaston? Did u took 21 days of dusphaston? cos i also took 21 days of Nor-e before my this cycle of menses..

Omg... so sleepy lo after swallowing 4 eggs... *burpss*

Ok.. noted although i just did yoga last week but should be fine at the moment.

Thanks!! trying to be more positive and looking forward to this friday scan..
More days of duphaston? Did u took 21 days of dusphaston? cos i also took 21 days of Nor-e before my this cycle of menses..

Omg... so sleepy lo after swallowing 4 eggs... *burpss*
You still have about a week before yr banned fr yoga! :)

I was supposed to take duphaston for 10 days, then was changed to 18 days

You still have about a week before yr banned fr yoga! :)

I was supposed to take duphaston for 10 days, then was changed to 18 days
Lols.. yaya.. totally banned myself for weeks or maybe even 10 months.. lols

Not sure when but doctor asked me to go for another scan this Friday. Hopefully this weekend can ET. ;)
Hi moinie, are you with KKH?? If you are, maybe we will meet each other.. ;););)

Yes hopeful13, u interpreted correctly. I still wonder y my tcm ask me to try... Hmm... Anyway I should start Stim in July ba...
Maybe your TCM doesn't know it's not easy to get a slot to do IVF. But then if u are doing it in Pte hospital should be able to get slot quite easily

Not sure when but doctor asked me to go for another scan this Friday. Hopefully this weekend can ET. ;)
Hi moinie, i supposed that ur lining wl reach at least 8mm (the desired thickness) this fri...but then i think ur ET might be nxt mon coz mine was on the 3rd day after doctor gv the go ahead...jia you n gd luck to ur coming ET!!!

@mesara : so sorry to hear the sad news
It's tough n challenging journey. We hope for the best and prepare for the worse at the same time. What's yr status now.

Is the total grant for fresh and frozen 15k? I have utilised 3 fresh and overshot 15k. So frozen no more entitlement is it sisters.

agree that the chat group like turning quiet.
hence shall share my journey. 1st IVF cycle aborted transfer due to OHSS. did FET, BFN in May/Jun.
called KK and asked for immediately in Jun. don't wanna wait for Jun consultation and then do FET in Jul. don't like to wait. want to chop chop race against the clock.

sorry mesara. was happy for you and sulking about my own BFN and felt depressed until didn't wanna talk in forums.
but then again, gg for new FET this month, likely next week, so feel some hope again. yet again don't dare to have too much hope...
take care. tiao back the body to be healthy and never give up...

question: 2nd FET considered as 1 subsidized cycle from govt? i probably got subsidized for 1st IVF. don't know the FET considered as a separate cycle??? and will this FET 2nd FET cycle? so out of 3 IVF 3 FET subsidized cycles, i'm have used 1 IVF and using my 2nd FET cycle this month???

Im curious as well. Im embarking on my first FET. KK wrote as 1A, so it means under first round of IVF, which i assume should be subsidise as well. so if second round of FET still under the first round of IVF, it should be subsidise right?

This is my 3rd fresh cycle. I was pregnant and gave birth to a girl on my 2nd fresh cycle. Did FET last year but failed to conceive.

This time it's very strange. I only needed to go for a scan on the 10th day of my jabs. Based on my previous cycle, I should be doing my ER on 14th or 15th day. So... Only one scan? Any of u gals doing fresh cycle now with KKIVF and also only asked to be scanned on 10th day?

Yeah me too same

We singaporeans get govt co-fundings/subsidies for 3 fresh cycles(6.3K each) and 3 FETs(1.2K each). No 15K cap for these co-fundings.

The 15k cap is only for withdrawals from our medisave account to pay for fresh/FET.

http://www.heybaby.sg/havingchildren/art.html

Example:
Fresh cycle 1: 12K - 6.3K co-funding = 5.7K, You can pay 5.7K using medisave or cash.
FET 1: 5K - 1.2K co-funding = 3.8K. You can pay 3.8K using medisave or cash.

Treat fresh cycles and FETs as separate entities in order not to confuse yourself.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I inject myself for first time on the Orgalutran and got a big blue black, not sure is it normal and how to reduce it next time when I jab again? any advice?

Hi ladies, I inject myself for first time on the Orgalutran and got a big blue black, not sure is it normal and how to reduce it next time when I jab again? any advice?
U might have hit a vessel.
I used to "test" on my skin before jabbing.
I'd grab my skin, use my fingernail to poke gently to "test" which spot is least painful. I'd then grab syringe & inject that spot.
Hope this helps!

Hi egg catcher, as rainbow say u might have hit a vessel... try to press against yr skin after injection..do not keep rubbing the area..or u can use an ice cube to numb the area first then poke.. will reduce blue black.. hope this helps

Hi All,

I'm going to start on IVF in a couple of weeks.

I've had IUI once but yes it failed. I've never gotten pregnant in my 6yrs of marriage.

I'm so nervous. Anything I should do to prep myself before IVF?
I've got endometriosis and adenomyosis.
Actually I've a cyst as well but dr say it's fine since it's small.

Anybody with Raffles too?

Hey ladies, i'm in 9dp3dt now. It's really a long long wait! I think im going crazy. Still having mild cramps like AF is gonna come and i keep going to check. Having headache also. Hopefully my embies be good and stick firmly.

For those that are in the 2ww also, gambattee!!

Hi All,

I've had IUI once but yes it failed. I've never gotten pregnant in my 6yrs of marriage.

Hi

Can't share much abt ivf cos I haven start my journey yet. I have endometriosis too and was told by my gynae to avoid/cut down on soya bean pdts and chicken. I will also chk w doc before taking those 'bu' tonics cos some herbs may aggravate endo. Jus sharing my experience.

It's my 7th scan tomorrow to check my uterus lining. :confused:
I'm on my 1st FET cycle.
All the best for tml wondersss. ;)

Hi moinie,
I thought fet less scanning? Are you on natural or medicated?
I'm on medicated... Tomorrow second scan

Last edited:
Hi moinie,
Mine is medicated FET. 1st time only one scan on 10th day and lining thick enough. So whole cycle only 1 scan. But failed anyway. This month 2nd FET. Scanned on 10th day. Not thick enough. To scan again on 14th day. Hopefully thick enough. Don't like to go down so many times n mc from work so often but of course don't have a choice since I chose to embark on ivf...

Mine is medicated FET. 1st time only one scan on 10th day and lining thick enough. So whole cycle only 1 scan. But failed anyway. This month 2nd FET. Scanned on 10th day. Not thick enough. To scan again on 14th day. Hopefully thick enough. Don't like to go down so many times n mc from work so often but of course don't have a choice since I chose to embark on ivf...

Yep i going for 14th day scan tomorrow. I wonder how long can they continue to wait for the lining to grow or there is a time frame which to abort?

Hi moinie,

Hi j_snow, I'm on medicated cycle. My lining failed to thicken so doc kept increasing the Progynova dosage and add on patches on my 5th scan. On 6th scan, my lining was 7.5mm..tml will check if it has reach recommended thickness. Kept gg to KKH for the past three weeks..:eek:

Dear all, I'm just started my first IVF this month and got my blood test result today. Can anyone tell me my FSH 7.3 and AMH 19.6, what does it mean? Is it good? What is the optimal level? Although doc said everything ok. Thks =)

It's my 7th scan tomorrow to check my uterus lining. :confused:
I'm on my 1st FET cycle.
All the best for tml wondersss. ;)
Thank moinie, had a bad dream ytd.. dreamt tht i only had 1 egg n my lining only 6mm :(
On the way to kkh now but forgot to bring the injection papers.. now have to turn back n take... my morale really down to the max ..

Thank moinie, had a bad dream ytd.. dreamt tht i only had 1 egg n my lining only 6mm :(
On the way to kkh now but forgot to bring the injection papers.. now have to turn back n take... my morale really down to the max ..
wah so early! I'm still at home. Jiayou jiayou wondersss, all the best!

Yr distracted by yr dream that's why forget ur docs!

Will be good later! :)

Hey ladies, i'm in 9dp3dt now. It's really a long long wait! I think im going crazy. Still having mild cramps like AF is gonna come and i keep going to check. Having headache also. Hopefully my embies be good and stick firmly.

For those that are in the 2ww also, gambattee!!
Hi Feenix, im now in 14dpt3dt...i fully agreed that the 2ww is a long long wait..im oso getting crazy n worried as days nearer to my bt...my bt nxt tue...when is urs??? Let's jia you tog n hope our embies kwai kwai stick firmly in our womb..:)

Hi wondersss, i think u r too stress le...take care n try to be more relax!!! U wl hv gd result today...jia you!!!

Hi j_snow, I'm on medicated cycle. My lining failed to thicken so doc kept increasing the Progynova dosage and add on patches on my 5th scan. On 6th scan, my lining was 7.5mm..tml will check if it has reach recommended thickness. Kept gg to KKH for the past three weeks..:eek:
Hi moinie, gd luck to ur scan today n the coming ET..:)

Hi

Can't share much abt ivf cos I haven start my journey yet. I have endometriosis too and was told by my gynae to avoid/cut down on soya bean pdts and chicken. I will also chk w doc before taking those 'bu' tonics cos some herbs may aggravate endo. Jus sharing my experience.

Ooh when are you starting your journey?
I didn't know about soya bean and chicken. Will try to cut down then. Yah, some herbs may aggravate endo.

I was reading yesterday that it's good to take avocado or Mediterranean diet when you are doing ivf.. because of the monounsaturated fat. It actually increases the chance. I'm not sure if it will really work but I'll probably try this.

Hi Feenix, im now in 14dpt3dt...i fully agreed that the 2ww is a long long wait..im oso getting crazy n worried as days nearer to my bt...my bt nxt tue...when is urs??? Let's jia you tog n hope our embies kwai kwai stick firmly in our womb..:)
Hi jas249, my bt is next tue also so i will probably see you but i think it's over for me already. Just start light AF today at 10dp3dt. Oh well, guess i should look forward to FET?

Thanks ladies!! Just finish scanning!! Anyone spotted me?? Im wearing a mask due to bad cough..
lining is 9mm
Right O: 14.5, 11, 6.5
Left O: 14.5, 10,10, 8, 7
Nurse told me tht this is more visible follicles.. and when come to ER might retrieve more so dont have to worry much.. but jus saw the doc n say only 2 (14.5mm) follicles r ideal for retreivel only so gave me today jab n tml scan again to see if the other eggs can grow faster bo but the eggs can grow so fast meh in 1 day?? :confused:
If not growing well..only 2 eggs for retreivel ... sad..:( :(

Hi All,

Hihi, I hope to start in the July cycle as well (that's when our blood tests 6 months validity expired!)

Have been postponing our first n last fresh cycle since April. A series of bad luck n circumstances, felt somewhat not destined to embark on ivf. And my hub says he don't want to do another blood test alr. Sigh... Also next mth kkivf closing for lab cleaning so menses (full bleed) must come before 11 July noon then got chance. And i only have ard 16 days for ET to take place. Sounds like tall order too.

I'm no expert but has been mostly a silent reader from past thread till now... Most sisters will prep their body ard 3 mths prior to actual ivf stim. Some will take supplements, others see TCM n/or do acupuncture. Then there is also certain diet that some sisters follow during their 2ww like eating egg whites (protein) and Brazil nuts etc.

Just do what u can bah... There are some who succeeded without any prior preps or diet n some who still fail despite doing everything.

I choose to believe that God has a plan for everyone n will bless each in his own time. Hope bb dusts come to those still waiting to catch.

Yeah me too same

Just scanned and seen doc not long ago. My eggs are mostly 10mm. Gotta come back for another scan on Monday. Doc says maybe ER will be on Wed or Thu. But most likely Thu or even Fri. My previous fresh cycle, I did ER on day 15. So this cycle is a little longer for me. How about you?

Thanks ladies!! Just finish scanning!! Anyone spotted me?? Im wearing a mask due to bad cough..
lining is 9mm
Right O: 14.5, 11, 6.5
Left O: 14.5, 10,10, 8, 7
Nurse told me tht this is more visible follicles.. and when come to ER might retrieve more so dont have to worry much.. but jus saw the doc n say only 2 (14.5mm) follicles r ideal for retreivel only so gave me today jab n tml scan again to see if the other eggs can grow faster bo but the eggs can grow so fast meh in 1 day?? :confused:
If not growing well..only 2 eggs for retreivel ... sad..:( :(

Don't worry. Sometimes they may grow suddenly. The most important is that the quality of the eggs are good. I've a relative recently did IVF and scan oso only showed 2 eggs good enough. She retrieved very few eggs during ER and only 2 fertilized. Put in and got pregnant. So it's ok. Focus on the positive k?

Hi jas249, my bt is next tue also so i will probably see you but i think it's over for me already. Just start light AF today at 10dp3dt. Oh well, guess i should look forward to FET?

Did you try to do HPT? Do u want to go to do BT? When I had light AF, I called KKIVF to go down to do BT during my first cycle.

Did you try to do HPT? Do u want to go to do BT? When I had light AF, I called KKIVF to go down to do BT during my first cycle.
Hi lovetohavekids, yeap i POAS today and BFN. So likely is no but i will still go for the BT on Tue since SGH say to go down only on Tue regardless whether there is bleeding or not.

Back