IVF/ICSI Support Group

Lols.. im not like a exercise freak also la.. just that my yoga is once a week so thought can dont skip jiu dont skip. Since cannot then i kuai kuai just go for walks.
Have u start cycling or in 2ww liao..?? Sorry, didnt really follow the thread so closely.

Monkeychick, Your hubby clever to tell u like that..

Coz hormonesss charged ladies can b pretty stubborn n notty at times...haha

Ooh when are you starting your journey?
I didn't know about soya bean and chicken. Will try to cut down then. Yah, some herbs may aggravate endo.

I was reading yesterday that it's good to take avocado or Mediterranean diet when you are doing ivf.. because of the monounsaturated fat. It actually increases the chance. I'm not sure if it will really work but I'll probably try this.

My first appt to see ivf doc is in ard 2 wks time. Am sort of in my tww cos we r trying on our own and praying hard will strike.

Ya I heard that avocado really gd too. I'm very kiasu cos I have been eating brazil nuts, pineapple (1 pc a day for 5 days after ovulation), pomegranate, egg whites.. and started taking tcm and acu to 'tiao' my body.. not sure how these will help me but I feel better doing something to help myself than doing nothing.

Hi jas249, my bt is next tue also so i will probably see you but i think it's over for me already. Just start light AF today at 10dp3dt. Oh well, guess i should look forward to FET?
Hi Feenix, juz read fm ur other post that u r fm SGH...im fm KKH..heard that spottings wl oso hv chance of bfp...so as long as bt result not out yet, we will still hv chance of bfp!!!

Let's look forward to a bfp on nxt tue..jia you!!!

Lining at 8.2mm but no triple. .haiz..really dunno what's wrong. Previously got triple lining dee..
Hi moinie, dun b disappointed...at least now u hv reached the desired thickness...congrat!!! Juz focus on ur coming ET n the 2ww now...jia you!!!

So when is ur ET? Gd luck to ur coming ET..:)

Hi moinie, dun b disappointed...at least now u hv reached the desired thickness...congrat!!! Juz focus on ur coming ET n the 2ww now...jia you!!!

So when is ur ET? Gd luck to ur coming ET..:)
Hi jas249, my ET will be on coming Tuesday. Don't know how to feel positive leh..I have no luck from the start of this cycle. Getting more and more worried although doctor said can proceed. I might be more relax if doc say cancel the transfer. I don't want to waste my embies.. haiz..:(:(:(

Hi Feenix, juz read fm ur other post that u r fm SGH...im fm KKH..heard that spottings wl oso hv chance of bfp...so as long as bt result not out yet, we will still hv chance of bfp!!!

Let's look forward to a bfp on nxt tue..jia you!!!
I really hope so too. *prays hard* Good luck to your BT next Tuesday!!

wah so early! I'm still at home. Jiayou jiayou wondersss, all the best!

Very early cos need to rush back to work...

Hi jas249, my ET will be on coming Tuesday. Don't know how to feel positive leh..I have no luck from the start of this cycle. Getting more and more worried although doctor said can proceed. I might be more relax if doc say cancel the transfer. I don't want to waste my embies.. haiz..:(:(:(
Dun be depressed.. meanwhile try to eat more red bean soup and egg whites.. i think by tuesday your lining will be 11 - 12mm which should be good right?? positive positive...:D:D

Don't worry. Sometimes they may grow suddenly. The most important is that the quality of the eggs are good. I've a relative recently did IVF and scan oso only showed 2 eggs good enough. She retrieved very few eggs during ER and only 2 fertilized. Put in and got pregnant. So it's ok. Focus on the positive k?
Lovetohavekids, thanks for the encouragement... trying to be positive.. Sort of know that my eggs are little..as my previous cycle also manage to retrieve 4 eggs & only 2 fertilized but turn out to be chemical pregnancy..
i leave everything to god la.. now is hope my eggs will grow big and healthy..

Coz hormonesss charged ladies can b pretty stubborn n notty at times...haha
true also but going to miss my yoga tomorrow as going back to KKH for scanning tomorrow and class start at 9am.. so most probably cant catch the class..
Is KKH crowded on sats as well?? nvr went on sats before so not v sure..

Yeap this is my first cycle. So taking it a bit hard now.
I know how that feels. I also BFN on my first cycle and I only had 2 embryos so had to do 2nd fresh cycle. I was totally devastated. Almost didn't try IVF again. Thank God I tried again and I got pregnant on my 2nd fresh and gave birth to a healthy baby girl. She just turned 2yo. It is all possible. Don't be too sad now. If u are pregnant actually, being too sad can be harmful to the baby.

Hi j_snow, I'm on medicated cycle. My lining failed to thicken so doc kept increasing the Progynova dosage and add on patches on my 5th scan. On 6th scan, my lining was 7.5mm..tml will check if it has reach recommended thickness. Kept gg to KKH for the past three weeks..:eek:

Mine too. Dosage increased today to 10mg. Next scan next Tues. Mine never mention any plus plus. Just told me it is growing from last scan 6 to 7. Next week will be my third scan. Similarly I have only 3 frozen eggs. If this time gone case, I have to start in second fresh which I'm trying to avoid. Not easy doing the a fresh cycle again sigh

Lovetohavekids, thanks for the encouragement... trying to be positive.. Sort of know that my eggs are little..as my previous cycle also manage to retrieve 4 eggs & only 2 fertilized but turn out to be chemical pregnancy..
i leave everything to god la.. now is hope my eggs will grow big and healthy..

Yes. I had chemical pregnancy very long ago before I tried IVF too. It's something I can't understand till today.

Just try to be as positive as you can. Then when pregnant baby will be a positive baby too. Watch comedy and do whatever that makes you happier. :)

Yes. I had chemical pregnancy very long ago before I tried IVF too. It's something I can't understand till today.

Just try to be as positive as you can. Then when pregnant baby will be a positive baby too. Watch comedy and do whatever that makes you happier. :)
Even doctors cant explain y we will have chemical pregnancies.. Im trying to distract myself everyday by watching korean shows.. keeping myself entertained.. lols.. watching all the handsome guys and pretty gals make my mood better...

For Brazil nuts, you guys can purchase at the bugis.. im not sure the building name but is opp the hawker centre and inside they sell those dried goods.. i think is 300g $5/- or $7/-...

Don't worry. Sometimes they may grow suddenly. The most important is that the quality of the eggs are good. I've a relative recently did IVF and scan oso only showed 2 eggs good enough. She retrieved very few eggs during ER and only 2 fertilized. Put in and got pregnant. So it's ok. Focus on the positive k?
Hi Lovetohavekids, where you did your last IVF?

true also but going to miss my yoga tomorrow as going back to KKH for scanning tomorrow and class start at 9am.. so most probably cant catch the class..
Is KKH crowded on sats as well?? nvr went on sats before so not v sure..

Actually yoga is good, esp when u noe how to regulate ur breathing n clear ur thots while on it....but before ET,there's concern of ovary torsion, after ET, golden rule is no strenuous exercise...I suppose is fine to go for yoga for pregnancy after ur bfp..;)...so is fine to miss abit now for a priority ya...:D
Duno abt kkh situation..i'm with nuh...:p

Hi moinie, dun get so worried...u hv juz cleared one hurdle...so muz stay positive...juz rest n relax urself these few days b4 ur ET on tue...ur embbies r waiting for their mummy!!! Gd luck :)

Actually yoga is good, esp when u noe how to regulate ur breathing n clear ur thots while on it....but before ET,there's concern of ovary torsion, after ET, golden rule is no strenuous exercise...I suppose is fine to go for yoga for pregnancy after ur bfp..;)...so is fine to miss abit now for a priority ya...:D
Duno abt kkh situation..i'm with nuh...:p
MonkeyChick, what is ovary torsion? Chim sia... :eek: :eek:

MonkeyChick, what is ovary torsion? Chim sia... :eek: :eek:

Explained to me in layman terms...the ovary flips or rotates n get twisted..may cut off blood flow to ovaries & also causing sharp pain..coz during controlled stim,our ovaries get bigger than normal sizes...strenous activities may cause them to flip...o_O:D

Thanks ladies for the advice on where to get the Brazilian nuts. Went to ntuc but couldn't get. Will try the places suggested.

Just had a frozen transfer today.
Fingers crossed

I just went to AMK ntuc to buy Brazil nuts recently. U can try to go there if u r staying ard there.

I bought before at City square basement, Vivo level 2 & Jurong Point level 1... I can't remember the shop's name. They sell all kinds of nuts by weight. They scoop & seal when u buy so it's fresh.

Pat's Oven? I buy my nuts from them too. There's a shop at level 1 Clifford Centre that sells nuts too but personally I dun recommend it cos I find it not very fresh..

Lining at 8.2mm but no triple. .haiz..really dunno what's wrong. Previously got triple lining dee..
My lining was 6.6mm only. Increased dosage from 3 of the progynova to 4 pills. Have triple. But don't know what it means. I still argued with the doctor say my monthly period v regular. By right should b ovulating these two days n by right lining will grow steadily right? She say not fixed one. Every person every cycle also not fixed. My first FET one time scan settle. Thick enough. I also dunno how thick should it be. Ladies, anyone can teach me? TIA.

Hi

I have the following to bless, pls PM me if you are keen.

1) GNC vitamin E 90 softgel capsules (brand new and sealed) - expiry Aug 2016

2) Progynova 2mg 15 tablets - expiry Feb 2016

3) Healthy origins CoQ10 Ubiquinol 100mg (purchased from iHerb, lightly consumed with about 50 soft gels left) - expiry Oct 2016

My lining was 6.6mm only. Increased dosage from 3 of the progynova to 4 pills. Have triple. But don't know what it means. I still argued with the doctor say my monthly period v regular. By right should b ovulating these two days n by right lining will grow steadily right? She say not fixed one. Every person every cycle also not fixed. My first FET one time scan settle. Thick enough. I also dunno how thick should it be. Ladies, anyone can teach me? TIA.
Hi daybreak_rose, the desired thickness shld be 8mm but wif triple i heard is v gd but i oso not sure wat does that mean...

U can take red bean soup n go for accunpcture to increase ur lining thickness...

Btw, u doing natural or medicated fet?

Monkeychick, wow.. sounds bad.. guess stick to breathing at this moment is enough..
Daybreak rose, im not sure abt FET but u can try to drink red bean soup n see if it helps to increase lining...
Just finish my scanning n not all eggs grow..a few grow by 1mm.. lining still at 9mm.. so taking more jabs n coming bk on monday again.. omg:eek: :eek:..i ask the doc can come bk at tues cos the results might be better but they say no... :confused: :confused:

I did my "Ovum Pick-up" follicles retrieve yesterday at KKH.
Total 5 eggs pick-up. Be Going transfer coming Monday morning.
To share, my last scan on day 13 on short protocol before the trigger jab that evening, which is in the morning scan reads linen 17.5
Follicles biggest 20.5, smallest 10.5. Total 7 of them in view my age 39 near 40 this Sep.
Dr told me they are looking at 4 follicles as the rest too small.
When ER, I got 5 of them retrieved.
I started with D6 scan Linen 6
Biggest follicles 10.5 and grow slow thus given extra jab "Menotrophin". Initial started with Gonal-F for 5 days then 6days Onwards, Gonal-F and Ganirelix. TENTH day onwards with 3jabs daily.
D15 did ER.
Hope this information can use as guide for most of you. Different body reactions to drug differently.

For ER procedure, nothing to worry about.
Anesthesia Dr will brief you what are the procedure.
The staff nurse will get ready your hand for the drips. No, pain.
During the ER procedure, your Dr will perform and you will be asleep. By the time you are awake, you will be pushed to the rest area. You are to sleep since anesthetic not over a bit sleepy.
You will feel a bit like period cramp and nothing much.
Spotting is normal, do not worry.
You may want to bring panty liner, after the discharge can put on when Changing.
This what happened to me at KKH.

Hi moinie, dun get so worried...u hv juz cleared one hurdle...so muz stay positive...juz rest n relax urself these few days b4 ur ET on tue...ur embbies r waiting for their mummy!!! Gd luck :)
Thank you jas249. Good luck for your bt on Tuesday. I will be there for my ET that day too. Maybe we'll bump into each other..hehe.

Hi daybreak_rose, recommended lining is at least 8mm. I am taking 5 progynova and 4 patches now. Doc will keep increasing the dose if we can't reach the recommended lining thickness.

hi all, is anyone familiar with the cost of ICSI & culturing the embryoes to D5 blastocysts?

I have 12 frozen eggs left - not fertilized due to male factor during fresh cycle. There are 2 options for the way ahead:
(1) Make 1 attempt. Thaw 12 eggs to perform IVF-ICSI. If we have more than 2 embryoes, then culture to D5 blastocysts to get the best embryoes for transfer.
(2) Make 2 attempts. Each time thaw 6 eggs to perform IVF-ICSI and target to have 1-2 viable embryoes to transfer.

As cost is a factor, I hope to have more info abt the ICSI cost (i think abt $4000) and blasto cost (??) to decide one or two attempts.

If cost permits, I think there is more chance to do 2 attempts..

I have no more opportunity to receive govt grants...

Hi egg catcher, as rainbow say u might have hit a vessel... try to press against yr skin after injection..do not keep rubbing the area..or u can use an ice cube to numb the area first then poke.. will reduce blue black.. hope this helps

Hi Wondersss, Yea I tried the ice cube & it works! Thanks for ur advice! Jiayou together :)

Hi ladies, im on my medicated FET n in 15dpt3dt...wanna ask if anyone has exp of tested negative but still got a positive bt result? Af not here yet but suspect is the support that delay it...:(

Last edited:
I
hi all, is anyone familiar with the cost of ICSI & culturing the embryoes to D5 blastocysts?

I have 12 frozen eggs left - not fertilized due to male factor during fresh cycle. There are 2 options for the way ahead:
(1) Make 1 attempt. Thaw 12 eggs to perform IVF-ICSI. If we have more than 2 embryoes, then culture to D5 blastocysts to get the best embryoes for transfer.
(2) Make 2 attempts. Each time thaw 6 eggs to perform IVF-ICSI and target to have 1-2 viable embryoes to transfer.

As cost is a factor, I hope to have more info abt the ICSI cost (i think abt $4000) and blasto cost (??) to decide one or two attempts.

If cost permits, I think there is more chance to do 2 attempts..

I have no more opportunity to receive govt grants...

Hi bunnymuimui, based on what I see on the sheet of paper given during financial counseling for IVF procedures, below are the estimated charges.

IVF/ICSI procedures: $5800 (Medisave claimable up to $4000 subjected to the max withdrawal limit of $15k per patient for all cycles add up. I assumed you have already gone thru 3 cycles since you said no more govt grant.)
Blastocyst Culture: $347.75

Hope it helps.

The full sheet is at this link.
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s80/...0111cf8357b4/a366f281f1e3b7d0d8d5238f7cacaa5b

Last edited:
Hi daybreak_rose, the desired thickness shld be 8mm but wif triple i heard is v gd but i oso not sure wat does that mean...

U can take red bean soup n go for accunpcture to increase ur lining thickness...

Btw, u doing natural or medicated fet?

Medicated. I feel KKH FET all medicated leh. I called n said I want FET this month, without checking my name, already say oh you need the progynova then... Thanks ladies. Will try red bean soup these few days.

@Teddy75, Thanks for yr advice!! Jus checking we need to have a jab befote ER right?? So after jab have to wait hw long before the ER?

Hi Wondersss, Yea I tried the ice cube & it works! Thanks for ur advice! Jiayou together :)
Glad it works!!

Jas, last time got some ladies poas nothing but BT is a positive..so do not give up n just cont yr support till yr BT...Jiayou!!

Hi ladies, i just went for my trigger shot tonight. So painful right after it's injected…dunno why it's so much more painful than the last time. Going for my ER on Mon…hope for the best! :)

All the best ribbonz!!!

@Freenix, omg!! Congras!! I think u call the hosp to request BT n ask for extra support!!
Bedrest is most impt.. dun walk too much... maybe u can share with u ate during stim n 2ww.. so we hve more info.. :)

@Teddy75, thks for the info....

Hey ladies, i just wanna do a bit of update.

At 12dp3dt now, well i'm still bleeding light flow and was really depressed for the past few days. But i went to POAS just this morning again on a clearblue and

I GOT A BFP!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT! OMG!!

That's great!! Lay down as much as you can. Just don't walk around too much till you see the doc for the light bleeding and get extra support. But don't worry too much about it. I have a friend that bleeds throughout her both pregnancies and children are healthy.

Hi ladies, i just went for my trigger shot tonight. So painful right after it's injected…dunno why it's so much more painful than the last time. Going for my ER on Mon…hope for the best! :)
All the best!!! Just enjoy the whole of today. Do what you can't do and eat what you can't eat when you are pregnant. Just relax and enjoy today.

Back